• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

One Lonely Outpost (a DOOM 3 quest)

What do you buy?
[X] Chef
[X] Helmet Flash Lights

your going into Mars city with squad 1 for R&R and to pick up supplies what do you do

[X] Drop by the doctor to get your leg looked at (locked in)
[X] Head to that Ladies night thing. Since you aren't looking to pick up anyone shoot the breeze. See if you can't make some contacts... but most of all relax. Its been a trying three weeks.
[X] Try to talk to the UAC Workers

as things stand Chef is likly gonna win

so Character creation time

Everyone interested fill this out and PM it to me, you'll get to vote from the submitted characters later.

Name:

[ ] Marine Core Cook: Trained by the marine cook he/she focuses on cooking large amounts of filling, high calorie food. +5 to military activities, reduced penalties from failed training actions
[ ] Culinary school: A graduate of a small culinary school in North American this cook prefers to focus on quality rather then simply shoving calories into his meals. +5 to support actions, reduced penalties from failed construction actions.

Silversun17 said:
crap, forgot something on the buy list

Rapid Response Team Training manuals: A series of manuals detailing a three month training program to train a squad of Marines in Recon, search and rescue, advanced first aid and advanced combat tactics. (grants the squad Elite status but requires their training to be at advanced before beginning. Game limitation 1 Elite + 1 for every ten squads. You can contiue to train elite squads after reaching the limit but they will be traded for a rookie squad and 50 SP). Cost 10

Definately adding that.

Also I just noticed that helmet flashlights don't have a cost next to them

they don't? fixing, most have not transferred over when i moved it from word to google docs.

no wait, i deleted the price to change it then the timer on something i had in the oven went off and i forgot. opps. fixed now.

I'm gonna do the Mars city update and leave the supply ordering open.

no roll
[X] Head to that Ladies night thing. Since you aren't looking to pick up anyone shoot the breeze. See if you can't make some contacts... but most of all relax. Its been a trying three weeks.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10[/blockquote] (is anyone important there)
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 94, total 94[/blockquote]

So we don't meet anyone important but we're legends amongst the workers for our escapades during ladies night.

Mars city, March 2143.

You couldn't keep the grin off your face as the Bison rolled into the Loading bay. Turning on your heel you left the command deck as your marines chuckled over the dropped jaws of the UAC workers in the bay.

As the ramp dropped your good mood fell as you saw Master Sargent Kelly waiting just far enough for the ramp to miss him but not far enough for you to use your marines to escape.
"Master Sargent." You say with a nod, purposefully forgoing a salute.
"Sargent Lexington, I decided to come meet you personally to receive the hard copy of your reports since you opted not to transmit them." He replied in a level tone. Your jaw clenched for a moment. He was trying to make another power play, he likes being top dog of all the marines of mars and having even one outpost outside of his command rankles him.

[ ] how do you handle the situation?
(This is a chance for you guys to give me an idea of what kind of personality your Marine has. also you don't have to send reports to him at all so his asking for them in public is trying to get one up over you.)

no roll. The doctor doesn't waste time in getting you on the examination table and your pants off. huh, almost sounds dirty when you put it like that, might want to use it to tease Mary in your next e-mail. Still he pronounces a clean bill of health after poking and prodding at your leg though he expects it to scar from you pushing yourself in training before it healed. When you protested about the training comment he slapped the cut and took your almost biting your tongue from the spike of pain as a victory in that little debate.

[X] Head to that Ladies night thing. Since you aren't looking to pick up anyone shoot the breeze. See if you can't make some contacts... but most of all relax. It's been a trying three months.
Rolled 1d20 : 10, total 10

You walk into the bar dressed in your uniform's pants and a skin tight black tank top, mostly to show the person they got sitting by the door that you are in fact female despite being a Marine NCO. Glanceing around a small group of people catch your eye:

[ ] A blonde scientist and a redhead wearing the ugliest pair of glasses you have ever seen and wearing what looks like the drunken lovechild of a pressure suit and a dress. Both of them have their PDAs out and seem to be discussing work; aren't they supposed to be off duty?

[ ] a trio of technicians seemingly half-drunk already.

[ ] a quartet of women in what passes for business dress here on Mars.

Rolled 1d100 : 94, total 94

While you waited for the bar to open you caught a cluster of workers in one of the rec rooms and got them talking about local events. When your outpost came up and they relized you were commanding it they all start asking about transfering to it if you ever get some civilian facilites set up, one looked like he was about to start begging when you said you would consider them if any slots opened up. About two hours latter your PDA had resumes for half the workers in Mars city. What the fuck is going on here?

(+10 worker reputation)

redaeth said:
So we don't meet anyone important but we're legends amongst the workers for our escapades during ladies night.
you get to talk to one group rather then all three. a fourth group would have been thrown in if you got a 20.

[X] "Master Sergeant if you had told me you wanted my reports directly instead of going going through the normal channels the UNMC regulations demands of me I need some sort of hint. A comm, a message through my recruits, a letter maybe? Telepathy isn't one of my gifts after all. " Spread your hands helplessly. "Besides it would be irresponsible of me to just leave a hard copy lying around where anyone could pick it up. "

[X] A blonde scientist and a redhead wearing the ugliest pair of glasses you have ever seen and wearing what looks like the drunken lovechild of a pressure suit and a dress. Both of them have their PDAs out and seem to be discussing work; aren't they supposed to be off duty?

SCIENCE!

And since we're still voting on our requisitions I'll post my revised list here as well:

What do you buy?
[X] Chef
[X] Helmet Flash Lights
[X] Rapid Response Team Training manuals

[X] Helmet Flash Lights
[X] armory

[X] a trio of technicians seemingly half-drunk already.

[X] "Master Sergeant if you had told me you wanted my reports directly instead of going going through the normal channels the UNMC regulations demands of me I need some sort of hint. A comm, a message through my recruits, a letter maybe? Telepathy isn't one of my gifts after all. " Spread your hands helplessly. "Besides it would be irresponsible of me to just leave a hard copy lying around where anyone could pick it up. "
[X] A blonde scientist and a redhead wearing the ugliest pair of glasses you have ever seen and wearing what looks like the drunken lovechild of a pressure suit and a dress. Both of them have their PDAs out and seem to be discussing work; aren't they supposed to be off duty?
What do you buy?
[X] Chef
[X] Helmet Flash Lights

What do you buy?
[X] Chef
[X] Helmet Flash Lights

dice_warn.gif
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d30 : 6, total 6
don't worry, this was prize table not a high good low bad roll.

now rolling for when you get your prize...
Rolled 1d100 : 99, total 99

wow, I might need to go talk to Yog about what a solider might theoriclity know if they worked with a plasma weapon soon.
also your getting your own one of these prizes now and can order them for your marines in three months.

[X] "Master Sergeant if you had told me you wanted my reports directly instead of going through the normal channels the UNMC regulations demands of me I need some sort of hint. A comm, a message through my recruits, a letter maybe? Telepathy isn't one of my gifts after all. "Spread your hands helplessly. "Besides it would be irresponsible of me to just leave a hard copy lying around where anyone could pick it up. "

His eye twitches you force the ball back into his side of the court. You both know that he has to give a reason for requesting those reports since you send those reports right to earth. With a growl Betruger's pet ape turns on his heel and stalks back to the transfer bay to Mars city. You smirk and head for the bay's office to file your requisitions. They should be ready and loaded by morning.

You stride over to the bar stool next to them, taking advantage of your physical condition and Mar's gravity to hope onto the stool next to the blonde from two meters away; the bartender snorted in amusement at your showing off as you signaled for a beer.

"Aren't you two supposed to be off the clock right now?" You ask of the two. The blonde shoots straight up and sends her PDA flying in surprise. With a grin your arm snaps out and catches PDA. You glance for a moment on the PDA before handing back. "Plasma physics don't really seem like Bar talk." The blonde gives a decent goldfish expression while the redhead grins at the show.

"Oh, well aren't you a smart little marine? Most your people look at Theresa's equations and treat them like magic. I'm Dr. Elizabeth McNeil this is Theresa Chasar."

"Alexandra Lexington, I used to be Armored Infantry. I recognize those numbers from the SW Global Mark 1 Plasma cannons they issued us before UAC bought that company out and discontinued production. According to the briefing I got on the ship here, you've been doing archology work here, why are you trading notes with a Plasma Physicist."

"We found some information on plasma containment and use in weaponry site 1 last week. Liz has been… shit I shouldn't have said that!" Theresa blurted out before stopping herself in embarrassment.

"Who is she going to tell, SW was the only group besides UAC that stood a chance of understanding the data." Elizabeth said. Your curoisty peaked you grabbed the blondes PDA from her limp fingers and take another look at the screen. Fuel containment equations, waste heat management, plasma containment numbers were a bit odd, doesn't look like a projectile. The plasma formation equations…
"These numbers aren't the same as the ones on the Plasma cannons, you're wasting fuel."

"What?" both the women utter as they stare at you like you grew a second head.

"The plasma cannons used 100 grams of fuel per shot; a plasma cannon using these numbers would use 200 grams…"

Getting dragged to an office and made to write down the manual of a weapon you haven't even seen in 3 years is not a fun night. A least you got a new Knife out of the deal. They had a dropship deliver it along with your reactor's new fuel canister three days later.

Gained: Personal Plasma Augmented (PA) Knife (Ignores armor)
Item added to order list: PA knives, PA cutting tools.

What do you buy?
[X] Chef
[X] Helmet Flash Lights

What will your men do for the month?
[X}
[X]
[X]
What will you do?
[X]

only got one entry for your cook, i'll add the new items tommorw, same for the cook.

[X] Lets put that drill sergeant background to good use and start training our best squad up to RRT standards.
[X] Make a crude watchtower
[X] Continue patrols.
What will you do?
[X] Brush up on our knife fighting. Be a shame to waste that beauty.

Also Silver do we get to choose our Chef soon? Since you did say we'd get everything pretty quickly.

You need to trains squad up to advanced before they can do RRT training.

Gonna get them out for ya in the morning night.

[X] Lets put that drill sergeant background to good use and start training our best squad up to Advanced standards.
[X] Make a watchtower
[X] Continue patrols.
What will you do?

" A Tower in the center of an open pit mine,"
guys we live in a watchtower

[X] Lets put that drill sergeant background to good use and start training our best squad up to Advanced standards.
[X] Make a wall
[X] Continue patrols.
What will you do?

only one idea submission so i used a random character generator to make a cook with the marine cook bonus
Name: Jacob Goodhart
Picture
background:Born to poor parents Jacob has always loved cooking. Unfortunately for him his parents could not afford the schooling he needed to get the background to create his own restuarant. By the time he had graduated he had a rap sheet a mile long and finally picked up a charge his friend's lawyer could not get him out of. The judge gave him a choice. Military or Jail. Jacob chose the Military and since then has been trying to show his peers the joys of a well cooked meal. Also known as quite the ladies man and is distressed over how few women are actually on Mars.

[X] Culinary school: A graduate of a small culinary school in North American this cook prefers to focus on quality rather then simply shoving calories into his meals. +5 to support actions, reduced penalties from failed construction actions.

Name: Lilliam Linkovich
Picture (from when you saw her during ladies night as you were being dragged off by Liz and Theresa)
Age 21
background: Born in the slums of Detroit Lilliam is a Former gang member. She and about 13 others joined the corps at 18 to escape a systematic campaign by a neo-nazi group to wipe out her old gang.

[X] Marine Core Cook: Trained by the marine cook he/she focuses on cooking large amounts of filling, high calorie food. +5 to military activities, reduced penalties from failed training actions.

I've assigned hidden bonuses to both of them.

[X] Make a watchtower
[X] Continue patrols.
What will you do?

[X] Marine Core Cook: Trained by the marine cook he/she focuses on cooking large amounts of filling, high calorie food. +5 to military activities, reduced penalties from failed training actions.

[X] Culinary school: A graduate of a small culinary school in North American this cook prefers to focus on quality rather then simply shoving calories into his meals. +5 to support actions, reduced penalties from failed construction actions.

Good to see more people voting.

Vote closed

winner

[X] Make a watchtower
[X] Continue patrols.
What will you do?

Cook:
[X] Jacob Goodhart

I'll do your rolls after double checking your bonuses.

Rolled 1d100+10 : 87 + 10, total 97
[X] Make a watchtower
Rolled 1d100 : 70, total 70
[X] Continue patrols.
Rolled 1d100 : 98, total 98
What will you do?
Rolled 1d100+5 : 63 + 5, total 68

incoming event from the patrol action after i go for a walk and have lunch. Don't worry, the benfits from the other rolls will be in effect if relevent.

news roll after event

April 2143

[X] Let's put that drill sergeant background to good use and start training our best squad up to Advanced standards.
Rolled 1d100+10 : 87 + 10, total 97

The sound of gunfire echo's throughout the pit for the entire month. By the end of the first week squad one exceeded accuracy standards for a combat ready unit, squads two and three joined them the week after. At the end of the Third week Squad one has set a Corps record on machine gun accuracy while the other two squads have hit a plateau in terms of skill.

Squad 1: Upgraded to Advanced
Squad 2 & 3: Upgraded to Standard

So much ammo was used this month you needed three Dropship runs to replace it. Good thing Kelly's lax standards left meant that the training allotment was untouched. Though you wonder why training ammo is still on budget for the marines if they have that much unused.

[X] Make a watchtower
Rolled 1d100 : 70, total 70

You send a data request to the Marine databanks at Mars city. To your delight Kelly hasn't thought of restricting access to boost his ego by making you ask for the codes and you are able to pull the designs of a crude but workable tower from them. Construction goes smoothly and now you have a hexagon of Watchtowers surrounding your outpost.

Gained: +6 turret slots

Also the position of the towers should make building a perimeter wall easier

Gained +5 to building Crude walls and a Crude Gate.
Unlocked: you can order the Basic Watch towers Upgrade from the supply list

What will you do?
Rolled 1d100+5 : 63 + 5, total 68

The first thing you did after getting your new knife was take it back to your officer and pull up the manual for it. After spending a few late nights memorizing the care and safety sections you start going through the forms of the marine's hand to hand combat style that use knives. You've managed to regain basic familiarity with knife fighting.

Though at one point you had to borrow two apples and a banana from the mess hall because one of the idiots in squad 3 was making penis envy jokes. You think he got the message when you set the knife to maximum and stabbed the banana. Jacob yelled at you later for that though, who knew that vaporized fruit was so hard to clean off the walls?

Event!
[X] Continue patrols.
Rolled 1d100 : 98, total 98

And the month had been going so well. After three weeks of nothing going wrong you relaxed and that was when that damn hole opened up and nearly killed a man. You dropped a flare down the hole and it's about 30 meters deep, shallow enough for you to take squad 1 and use the Bison's winches to lower yourselves down there.

At the bottom of the shaft was a natural cavern you glance around and noticed an odd striped look to the walls of the cavern. One of the squad starts ranting about something called banded iron ore while you look at the far end of cavern and the darkness thick enough that your head lamps can't pierce it at this range.

What are your orders?
[ ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back