• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

One Lonely Outpost (a DOOM 3 quest)

[X] Begin training the advanced squad up to RRT standards
[X] Begin setting up a mining operation in the cavern we found.
[X] Task a squad with exploring the cavern.
What will you do?
[X] See about looking into getting a professional surveyor for the hole we just opened up.

redaeth said:
[X] Task a squad with exploring the cavern.
What will you do?
[X] See about looking into getting a professional surveyor for the hole we just opened up.

it's an event. your on a "make sure there isn't something that's gonna kill us some time today" jaunt.

Vote changed.

I've never played Doom but from what I've heard of it going into the dark isn't a good idea.

in Doom 3 you have a hand held flashlight so you get to pick between having a gun and being able to see, check what you bought from the supply list.

[X] We do this carefully, good thing we got those helmets. First set up a perimeter near the entrace as both the start of a mine and a fall back position. Next two squads are going to start mapping out the cavern while the third stays back in case either needs backup. Radio contact is to be maintained at all times and should it be lost the sqaud is to re-establish it immediately. Safety first people, I don't want to lose as man due to them falling down a hole because they weren't paying attention.

[X] We do this carefully, good thing we got those helmets. First set up a perimeter near the entrace as both the start of a mine and a fall back position. Next two squads are going to start mapping out the cavern while the third stays back in case either needs backup. Radio contact is to be maintained at all times and should it be lost the sqaud is to re-establish it immediately. Safety first people, I don't want to lose as man due to them falling down a hole because they weren't paying attention.

This is a much better plan.

Congrats people, you your action bypasses the Danger Roll.

now for the prize roll (higher the number, better the prize. No failures because you "Passed" the danger roll).

Rolled 1d100 : 93, total 93

I used Previw to get your roll.

Okay, i really didn't think i would actually use this prize, i just put it together to fill up space on this roll. I need to go track down some stuff for it to work right.

[X] We do this carefully, good thing we got those helmets. First set up a perimeter near the entrace as both the start of a mine and a fallback position. Next two squads are going to start mapping out the cavern while the third stays back in case either needs backup. Radio contact is to be maintained at all times and should it be lost the squad is to re-establish it immediately. Safety first people, I don't want to lose as man due to them falling down a hole because they weren't paying attention.

Your eyes sweep over the walls of the cavern as you followed squad two down the southern path. The Banded Iron ore deposits were left behind. When you called into Mars City to report of the Cavern you ended up talking to Elizabeth and she got excited when you mentioned the ore, apparently that ore produced high quality steel and proved that Mars once had a much thicker atmosphere. She said you might be able to get some automated mining machines out to harvest the ore which you could use to supplement your budget.

Unlocked: Automated mining machinery. +100 RP per cycle (3 months) Cost: 250, requires medium reactor.

Sadly it would have to remain small scale unless you brought in personnel who know what they are doing which is not an option at this time.

"Sarge, we got an open space, looks pretty big." The man on point calls back. As you entered the cavern you push down the urge to snark about how much of an understatement 'pretty big' is. You draw a flare gun from your belt and fire it up before and watch as the damn thing loses momentum and starts falling without illuminating the ceiling. That flare has a maximum height of 90 meters; the surface is 70 meters up assuming you've made it outside of the pit, 30 if you haven't. Turning your head to bark orders at the marine you stop as you notice them all frozen mid-motion.

You stride over and wave your hand in front on the nearest marine's face. No reaction. You push on his shoulder and it's like trying to push a building. You turn back to check the flare and your eyes widen at the scene before you.

QM note: will contuie in a bit, just seeing how you guys respond and letting you know that if you make a somewhat close guess to what's going on I'll give you 50 Supply next order.

darklord said:
Automated mining machinery?
bascily some mining drones will slowly gather the ore to be shipped back to Mars City for processing and you get RP in exchange. their programed with an insane number of safety protocols to follow when a trained supervisors is not there to guide them. you don't have the connections to get one yet.

I was just thinking. We have that Drill Sergeant perk and 50 RP per advanced squad it might be a good idea to train all our own squads up to advanced as often as possible even if they do get replaced. Plus Advanced Squads all over Mars can only be a good thing.

redaeth said:
I was just thinking. We have that Drill Sergeant perk and 50 RP per advanced squad it might be a good idea to train all our own squads up to advanced as often as possible even if they do get replaced. Plus Advanced Squads all over Mars can only be a good thing.
you get 50 RP for every Elite squad past your limit. you'll bascily be keeping squad 1 and keep training up and sending out 2 and 3. the Brass might make your outpost authorized to higher quality training faculties if you do well with your first batch to be sent off.

edit: I'm putting the canon force mix as 95% basic 5% standard for training levels just so you know.

is it some type of angel? that the only thing i can think of that a demon attack over a human

Your hand drops to your side instantly, uncountable hours of training bypassing your shock and drawing your sidearm in one clean motion. Your mind raced as you aimed at the being in the center of the room that had replaced the cavern.

"Put that thing away lass." The giant rumbled without even turning to face you. "You're more likely to shoot your own eye out then to hurt me with that toy." He stepped back and turned to face you, granting you a glimpse of something made out of metal on the work bench.
Ulthane.jpg

"Truth be told I didn't expect ya for a good while lass. The one who placed this order for you said you wouldn't be along in another few weeks." You start to open your mouth to reply when he starts talking again. "My name is Ulthane, I've the best damn craftsman you'll ever meet lass. I must say you have perfect timing. I just finished the final coat of polish as you came in." He picked up the item on the bench and held it out to you. Stepping forward you reach out and take the item, your hand closing around a grip and lifting it up, revealing the weapon to your sight.
"I think we have enough time for two questions from ya before your men wake up and you have to go back."
[ ]?

I went through 4 or 5 versions but nothing came out right. That's why this is so short for the time I've made you wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
who or what are you?
weapons specs?

Ok thanks. who order this weapon for me.

We have a blacksmith living in our basement.

My god. I have no words.

Asking what he is, is a bit rude.

[X] Even if he knows who you are its polite to introduced yourself. Don't forget to holster your weapon.
[X] "What does it cost to order something? I might be interested in buying things from you. "
[X] "Who ordered this weapon for me?"

redaeth said:
We have a blacksmith living in our basement.

My god. I have no words.

Asking what he is, is a bit rude.

[X] Even if he knows who you are its polite to introduced yourself. Don't forget to holster your weapon.
[X] "What does it cost to order something? I might be interested in buying things from you. "
I'll refer you to this.
Silversun17 said:
Okay, i really didn't think i would actually use this prize, i just put it together to fill up space on this roll. I need to go track down some stuff for it to work right.

[X] and way?

You holster your old pistol and simply hold the new one at your side for lack of a holster. You start to open your mouth to introduce yourself but.
"Sargent Alexandria Lexington, formerly of the 37th Armored Infantry Battalion's Training Cadre. I got a full file on ya when the order was placed so I could make the weapon most suited for you. Your benefactor did his homework on ya lass. I don't like formality so give up lass." His voice rumbles out with an amused note to it.

"Alight then, what does it cost to order something? I might be interested in buying things from you. " You ask biting back your irritation at the giant.

"Catch." Was all he said as he flicked something on the work bench at you. Reaching out with your free hand you grab what looks like a thin sheet of crystal. "Think of it as a more advanced version of your PDA. I'll transmit a catalog to it later and you can use it to make requests. It will also have instructions on what to do for payment. Your other question?"

"Who ordered this weapon for me?" Ulthane reached behind him and pulled out his own Crystal before tapping the side facing him a few times. A hologram appeared above and rotated to face you.
Uriel.jpg

"The one who placed the order was Uriel, she was sent to place the order on behalf of your benefactor. As for him, he said not to tell you. He will reveal himself to you in due time. Time's up Lass."

The Room warped for a moment before being replaced by the cavern though it was smaller than before as you could see the roof with your headlamps. Your marines are moving around again but aren't paying attention to you as they sweep through the area. Checking your person you note that the gun the giant gave you is attached to a magnetic plate on your thigh that you know you didn't have earlier. The crystal is in the pocket you normaly keep your PDA in.

"I'm heading back to the surface, finish the sweep and get back topside." You call out, finish the sweep and get back topside." You call out to a chorus of confirmations as you turn to head back to the base.
////
Stepping into your office a musical chime comes from your pocket. You pull out the crystal and fumble with the thing for a moment till think about seeing what that chime was about. A message saying File Downloaded appeared on the crystal before a holographic screen appeared.

Nerio Particle beam weapon
Current Range: 200 meters before the beam starts dissipating.
Frame: Angelic Steel Alloy
Modes of fire: Semi-automatic.
Capacity: Revolving cylinder containing 8 capacitors. (Weapon forms the beam using mass stored in a hollow portion of each of the capacitors. Reloading device to be delivered in two weeks)
Grip: soft plastic grip.

Note: Can't send the catalog this month Lassie. Uriel had her own order waiting for yours to finish and the style of weapon she favors is a pain in the arse to forge.
Checking the pouch hidden behind the Nerio's mag-plate you note you have 15 reloads

What's the plan for the next month?
[X] ?

QM note: No I'm not holding off the order list because I'm not done yet, whatever gave you that idea?

[X] Build a crude wall and gate. This place is starting to look like a proper military base. Even if it is third rate.
What will you do?
[X] Research into this 'Uriel' and the blacksmith. Why has she taken an interest in you and what the hell is 'Angelic Steel'?

[X] Build a crude wall and gate. This place is starting to look like a proper military base. Even if it is third rate.
What will you do?
[X] Research into this 'Uriel' and the blacksmith. Why has she taken an interest in you and what the hell is 'Angelic Steel'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back