• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Pokemon Grey Version (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ow," Faith glances at the rat attempting to bite her, "You can go away now..."

Sighing, she sends out Lillipup, "They keep coming after me, make it go away, k?"
Lillipup starts barking at the patrat, which hisses at the puppy.

Lillipup starts barking at the patrat, which hisses at the puppy.

Faith looks up to the sky, as if asking why, before saying to her pokemon, "Lillipup, use Leer, then hit it with all your strength."

That said, she sends out Shuppet, "Make sure the rat doesn't do anything tricky, but otherwise stay out of the way." The ghost blinked before bobbing in affirmation, floating above the battle and watching it carefully.

The petilil gives Quan a discerning look, before gesturing for him to follow and pushing through into some bushes. There is a patch of turned soil here, along with a persim berry and a pecha berry sitting in the underbrush. Petilil watches to see what Quan does next.
"Soil and berries, huh? There's only spot for one however." Quan noted.

The soil was soft enough that Quan did not bother with a tool. He dug a hole with his hand easily enough.

"So, which one to plant..." Quan wondered. "But one is simply sweet while the other... I say to plant the persim here. If you like your food sweet, better the pecha.berry. The PErsim has sweetness, but it also has a spicy taste that doesn't go well with it."

That said, Quan planted the persim berry and watered it a bit with his canteen.

Sneasel bounces a little as she works, exploring spray paints and claw-dipped options while Aquamarine slowly sort of plods along with a bored humming, doodling idly on the wall.

Right up until Sneasel jumps up and slaps him in the head, leaving behind smears of thick and sticky red... paint, in his hair.

"Me? What about you, huh? This isn't self-portraiture, they said to draw our partner." Aqua grumps.

Sneasel huffs in annoyance and slaps the side of his knee again, but grudgingly they both start over, and manage to get something done in between idly poking at and flicking paint at each other. In the end, they're both much more colorful than the wall.

Sneasel seems smugly satisfied with herself, and Aqua is at least a little less bored.

Faith looks up to the sky, as if asking why, before saying to her pokemon, "Lillipup, use Leer, then hit it with all your strength."

That said, she sends out Shuppet, "Make sure the rat doesn't do anything tricky, but otherwise stay out of the way." The ghost blinked before bobbing in affirmation, floating above the battle and watching it carefully.
Lillipup leers at patrat, which lunges to bite the puppy pokemon, but as it gets close, the dog pokemon tackles it, knocking it away. The patrat hesitates before fleeing into the bushes.
"Soil and berries, huh? There's only spot for one however." Quan noted.

The soil was soft enough that Quan did not bother with a tool. He dug a hole with his hand easily enough.

"So, which one to plant..." Quan wondered. "But one is simply sweet while the other... I say to plant the persim here. If you like your food sweet, better the pecha.berry. The PErsim has sweetness, but it also has a spicy taste that doesn't go well with it."

That said, Quan planted the persim berry and watered it a bit with his canteen.
Petilil takes the pecha and holds onto it, before nudging Quan and looking at the pokeball.

Lillipup leers at patrat, which lunges to bite the puppy pokemon, but as it gets close, the dog pokemon tackles it, knocking it away. The patrat hesitates before fleeing into the bushes.

Faith pets the pokemon, "Good girl, you did very well." then she looks toward the ghost floating down, "Looks like paranoia wasn't needed this time, ah well."

"Right, onward!" Faith continues on, watching her step a little more carefully than before.

iOtikI6.gif

I'm putting this here for reasons

wallscribbles.png

Guess who's more enthusiastic about the wall doodling, between the pair of Aqua and Sneasel?

"Really? Cool. I'm gonna warn you guys. I'm pretty good at art."

Azure picks up the four colors he needs.

He sends out Bruce.

"I need you to make sure no one bugs me, kay? It's been a while but I think I remember how this goes."

Azure starts painting.

doodle2.png

Second doodle for reasons.

Sneasel bounces a little as she works, exploring spray paints and claw-dipped options while Aquamarine slowly sort of plods along with a bored humming, doodling idly on the wall.

Right up until Sneasel jumps up and slaps him in the head, leaving behind smears of thick and sticky red... paint, in his hair.

"Me? What about you, huh? This isn't self-portraiture, they said to draw our partner." Aqua grumps.

Sneasel huffs in annoyance and slaps the side of his knee again, but grudgingly they both start over, and manage to get something done in between idly poking at and flicking paint at each other. In the end, they're both much more colorful than the wall.

Sneasel seems smugly satisfied with herself, and Aqua is at least a little less bored.

The judges, for Pete the Smeargle seems to be judging the art as well, walk around while everyone paints. There is some impressive work done by the other artists, and one artist is using a skateboard and a fallen piece of ceiling as a ramp to get further up the wall to spray, using the wheels to artfully smear the paint on purpose, but for the second half of the competition Pete just watches Azure as he sneaks glances at Bruce for reference. As everyone finishes up, Pete approaches the human judge and nods, waving him into a corner to discuss the art in low tones.

Soon, they approach the assembled artists. "Alright everyone, this was a tough call, and Carlos, I love the smearing, keep working on that, and maybe bring it to the Lantern Town competition next week, but in the end, this competition is gonna come down to heart. As an artist, you gotta put yourself into your work, and this competition is all about putting that part of yourself which is held by another on your canvas. Pete and I are in agreement that the person who most showed their love through their art, while still showing everyone their skill, is the new guy and his zubat. You wanna come up here and tell everyone about yourselves?"

Faith pets the pokemon, "Good girl, you did very well." then she looks toward the ghost floating down, "Looks like paranoia wasn't needed this time, ah well."

"Right, onward!" Faith continues on, watching her step a little more carefully than before.
Faith reaches the next town with no further mishaps.

Azure walks up.

"Hello, I'm Azure. I crossed the seas to bring my art to the world. Joking aside? I came here with Bruce for my gap year, to see the world a bit before I take the Gym Leader Challenge. I've known Bruce for a while. Ever since Janine gave him to me. I'm not really sure what to say beyond that. "

Azure seems sort of dumbfounded at all the attention.

"I was always good at Graffiti though. I blame my upbringing."

He smiles widely at the gathered artists.

"Any of you willing to battle though? I've been itching for one."

Petilil takes the pecha and holds onto it, before nudging Quan and looking at the pokeball.
"Alright then." Quan said, picking the ball and slighlty bumped Petilil's head with it. The ball opened and took the pokémon it, taking only a moment to confirm the capture. Once it was done, Quan released the Petilil right away.

"Well then, there's still enough daylight to walk a bit more, so we can do just that."

Webber settled on his shoulder once more and the Petilil, most familiar with the forest, kept to the ground as she held her berry. She seemed to keep some distance from Vulcan however... Shyness or jsut wary of a fire type? Whatever was the case, it would settle with time.

"I think i,ll name you... Marie." Quan said. "I'm sure you'll grow up into one fine lady, heh."

The newly-named Marie jumped a bit and... was that some redness on her cheeks?

With that done, Quan's group started to walk once more.

"Kathleen, look at it go," Morgana whispers back, amazed at the Blitzle's appetite. After a moment she looks to her friend, "You poked the bush, you can have the first go, if you want it."
The blitzle looks up and snorts, then starts pawing the ground with its hoof.
"Thank you!" Kathleen whispers, "Look at the beauty, My Da' always wanted to get some Zebrika and Ponitas for the ranch."

Kathleen cautiously approaches the Pokemon, raising her hands on the way so that the Zebra sees that she isn't trying anything. "Hey darling, It's a mighty nice day and I am sorry for bothering you with my stick. I understand that you want us to leave, but by any chance would you be willing to come with me? I can guarantee that you will have plenty o' food, a warm bed, and might even find you some nice mates in the future."

Sneasel starts to jump at the request, only to be stopped by one of Aqua's fingers.

"We can't be impressive if we're covered with paint." he points out, reasonably. "Do you really want to show off while you're every color of the rainbow?"

Sneasel huffs in annoyance but relents, and the pair withdraw from the abandoned factory place in search of a bath of some kind.

Faith reaches the next town with no further mishaps.

Walking forward, and having put her pokemon into their balls a while before, she heads straight for the pokemon center, and after a short conversation with the nurses there, passes out, dead asleep.

Azure walks up.

"Hello, I'm Azure. I crossed the seas to bring my art to the world. Joking aside? I came here with Bruce for my gap year, to see the world a bit before I take the Gym Leader Challenge. I've known Bruce for a while. Ever since Janine gave him to me. I'm not really sure what to say beyond that. "

Azure seems sort of dumbfounded at all the attention.

"I was always good at Graffiti though. I blame my upbringing."

He smiles widely at the gathered artists.

"Any of you willing to battle though? I've been itching for one."
Carlos steps forward with his shiny roggenrola. "I'm up for a battle if you are."
"Alright then." Quan said, picking the ball and slighlty bumped Petilil's head with it. The ball opened and took the pokémon it, taking only a moment to confirm the capture. Once it was done, Quan released the Petilil right away.

"Well then, there's still enough daylight to walk a bit more, so we can do just that."

Webber settled on his shoulder once more and the Petilil, most familiar with the forest, kept to the ground as she held her berry. She seemed to keep some distance from Vulcan however... Shyness or jsut wary of a fire type? Whatever was the case, it would settle with time.

"I think i,ll name you... Marie." Quan said. "I'm sure you'll grow up into one fine lady, heh."

The newly-named Marie jumped a bit and... was that some redness on her cheeks?

With that done, Quan's group started to walk once more.
It isn't long before it gets darker. There's a clearing to the side of the trail with a tent set up and a young couple sitting beside a fire. You could stop here, find a more private location, or try to keep going.
"Thank you!" Kathleen whispers, "Look at the beauty, My Da' always wanted to get some Zebrika and Ponitas for the ranch."

Kathleen cautiously approaches the Pokemon, raising her hands on the way so that the Zebra sees that she isn't trying anything. "Hey darling, It's a mighty nice day and I am sorry for bothering you with my stick. I understand that you want us to leave, but by any chance would you be willing to come with me? I can guarantee that you will have plenty o' food, a warm bed, and might even find you some nice mates in the future."
Blitzle scratches at the ground with a hoof and snorts.
Sneasel starts to jump at the request, only to be stopped by one of Aqua's fingers.

"We can't be impressive if we're covered with paint." he points out, reasonably. "Do you really want to show off while you're every color of the rainbow?"

Sneasel huffs in annoyance but relents, and the pair withdraw from the abandoned factory place in search of a bath of some kind.
The pokemon center offers communal showers for travelers.
Walking forward, and having put her pokemon into their balls a while before, she heads straight for the pokemon center, and after a short conversation with the nurses there, passes out, dead asleep.
Faith sleeps the sleep of the dead until further notice.

Last edited:
"Okay that's fine with me."

"Okay that's fine with me."
Carlos calls his roggenrola, Ringo, forwards, and through use of astonish, Azure comes very close to winning, when Carlos shouts "alright Ringo, Shock Wave, just like we've been practicing!"

What the rock type manages is not shock wave, although it is definitely an electric move. Bruce finds himself paralyzed, and it's all he can do to let loose a supersonic. Even still, Ringo stays levelheaded long enough to take Bruce out of the fight, only to finish himself off as Tucker stares him down.

"Heh, looks like we need to do just a bit more work on that one. Come back, Ringo." Carlos recalls Ringo to a luxury ball with a lightning bolt sticker on it. "Good match. I'd have liked to call that a tie, but you won because you remembered to bring backup. Smart." The other trainer holds his hand out to shake, and you can see a pin in his cuff that almost looks like a gym badge, but is just a plain chrome circle, and doesn't seem to match any known gyms.

Azure shakes the other trainers hand.

"Good Match. Could have went either way. But hey, what gym did that badge come from? I don't seem to recall that being on the list I studied. Also, I'm like fifty percent sure that wasn't something roggenrola learns normally."

Azure has a moment of something pass over his face.

Azure shakes the other trainers hand.

"Good Match. Could have went either way. But hey, what gym did that badge come from? I don't seem to recall that being on the list I studied. Also, I'm like fifty percent sure that wasn't something roggenrola learns normally."

Azure has a moment of something pass over his face.
"Oh, just something of a loose association of trainers who are trying to help pokemon get beyond their normal limits." He sheepishly scatches the back of his neck. "It's slow going, but the results speak for themselves."

"I'm going to try on those skates and stuff I got for winning. After that why don't we head over to the Center to get our buds healed and you tell me more about this. Sounds interesting you know?"

Azure has a determined look on his face.

Last edited:
It isn't long before it gets darker. There's a clearing to the side of the trail with a tent set up and a young couple sitting beside a fire. You could stop here, find a more private location, or try to keep going.
"I probably should set up while I still have light, huh..."

Well, that was fine. He planned for it too. And while he would ahve left teh couple to their privacy... Well, Quan wondered if they knew a source of water nearby. he did use a fair bit of his canteen today. It wasn't dangerously low, but if he could replenish it, he may as well.

He walked closer to them, quickly beign noticed given the noise.

"Hey there!" He greeted. "Sorry to interrupt, but you know if there's any spot with water nearby?"

"Why don't we head over to the Center to get our buds healed and you tell me more about this. Sounds interesting you know?"

Azure has a determined look on his face.
Carlos laughs. "Sure! I'll meet you there after you finish picking out your prize."

Standing right behind you is Pete the Smeargle, holding a pair of black skates with sapphire blue buckles and matching wheels, and a skateboard depicting a sloop on a river passing in front of rolling hills taller than the sail.

"I probably should set up while I still have light, huh..."

Well, that was fine. He planned for it too. And while he would ahve left teh couple to their privacy... Well, Quan wondered if they knew a source of water nearby. he did use a fair bit of his canteen today. It wasn't dangerously low, but if he could replenish it, he may as well.

He walked closer to them, quickly beign noticed given the noise.

"Hey there!" He greeted. "Sorry to interrupt, but you know if there's any spot with water narby?"
The woman waves you closer. "Yeah, you probably couldn't see it from the road because our tent is in the way, but we set up here because there's a pump. You want us to help you set up a tent? If you don't have one, I think we've got a spare tarp we could string up just to keep the rain off."

Azure reaches down for the board.

"I've got a bit of experience with these. I'm not a pro but definitely know how to skate better with this. There was something about pads and ticket? I should talk to the other judge for that right?"

Azure has a moment where he remembers he has a phone and smacks himself on the head.

"Note to self, call Morgana and tell her about the Cat I caught her."

Azure walks over to the other judge intent on asking about the other prizes.

Last edited:
The woman waves you closer. "Yeah, you probably couldn't see it from the road because our tent is in the way, but we set up here because there's a pump. You want us to help you set up a tent? If you don't have one, I think we've got a spare tarp we could string up just to keep the rain off."
"Well, if you don't mind me intruding on you two, I'm not going to refuse the offer." Quan replied. "I got a tent, but it's pretty much my first time setting it."

"Well. I tried." Kathleen says with a shrug before walking back a few steps and releasing Snivy. "Demeter go! Let's battle, use leer and then tackle!" after a small pause, Kathleen continues with a small giggle. "Heh. That rhymed."

"You're a poet and you didn't even know it," Morgana recites in a sing song voice, "But your feet show it, they're longfellows."

Aqua would prefer a bath, for the sake of conserving water, and not clicking still that he's not paying the utility bills any more.

Sneasel pays close attention, ready to interfere with anyone who might draw his attention to that realization.

In any case, while they get in the shower together, Aquamarine pays close attention to getting all of Sneasel's fur cleaned out and neatly shampooed before he works on his own body and hair. Towel-dried outside of the water, he grooms Sneasel with a small comb.

Aqua doesn't think twice about any of this, because it's the way they've always done things. Hot water's a luxury in the cold towns, especially for relatively poor orphans, since that heating bill rises fast.

Azure reaches down for the board.

"I've got a bit of experience with these. I'm not a pro but definitely know how to skate better with this. There was something about pads and ticket? I should talk to the other judge for that right?"

Azure has a moment where he remembers he has a phone and smacks himself on the head.

"Note to self, call Morgana and tell her about the Cat I caught her."

Azure walks over to the other judge intent on asking about the other prizes.
The other judge has a chest of safety equipment in various sizes, all sharing the blank with blue accents theme that the skates had.
"Well, if you don't mind me intruding on you two, I'm not going to refuse the offer." Quan replied. "I got a tent, but it's pretty much my first time setting it."
"Oh, no, the more the merrier," the man says, grinning. Let's see what kind you have and I'll help you put it up."
"Well. I tried." Kathleen says with a shrug before walking back a few steps and releasing Snivy. "Demeter go! Let's battle, use leer and then tackle!" after a small pause, Kathleen continues with a small giggle. "Heh. That rhymed."
"You're a poet and you didn't even know it," Morgana recites in a sing song voice, "But your feet show it, they're longfellows."
The Blitzle attacks quickly before Demeter can leer, and uses another Quick Attack before Demeter can tackle. Both pokemon are looking a little worse for wear.
Aqua would prefer a bath, for the sake of conserving water, and not clicking still that he's not paying the utility bills any more.

Sneasel pays close attention, ready to interfere with anyone who might draw his attention to that realization.

In any case, while they get in the shower together, Aquamarine pays close attention to getting all of Sneasel's fur cleaned out and neatly shampooed before he works on his own body and hair. Towel-dried outside of the water, he grooms Sneasel with a small comb.

Aqua doesn't think twice about any of this, because it's the way they've always done things. Hot water's a luxury in the cold towns, especially for relatively poor orphans, since that heating bill rises fast.
As Aqua and Sneasel are leaving, a man enters the showers accompanied by a palpitoad. "Alright, let's see if you can learn it without buying the TM, like Professor Sumac was talking about."

"Oh, no, the more the merrier," the man says, grinning. Let's see what kind you have and I'll help you put it up."
"A one-man tent." Quan replied. "I'll probably switch to something bigger later on, but it works for now."

Between the three of them, putting up the tent went fast. Quan probably would have messed up some steps had he been by himself, but with two others who were no stranger to this, any mistake was avoided. He made sure to remember all of this for next time too.

"Well, that was fast. Still got daylight too." Quan commented. "Only thing left before relaxing would be some exercice while I still have light... Any of you fancy a Pokémon battle?"

"A one-man tent." Quan replied. "I'll probably switch to something bigger later on, but it works for now."

Between the three of them, putting up the tent went fast. Quan probably would have messed up some steps had he been by himself, but with two others who were no stranger to this, any mistake was avoided. He made sure to remember all of this for next time too.

"Well, that was fast. Still got daylight too." Quan commented. "Only thing left before relaxing would be some exercice while I still have light... Any of you fancy a Pokémon battle?"
The woman lets out a rufflet and the man lets out an exeggcute, while Quan leads with his new petilil and Webber. Not knowing about his tepid, the exeggcute uses sunny day to power its powerful Harvest ability, but that just sets it up for a powered up Ember attack. The battle is over quickly with the little pig pokemon being the only one standing.

"Congratulations, uh, huh, you know, I don't think we exchanged names yet. I'm Julie, and this is Steve."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back