• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Pokemon Grey Version (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azure tries on various sizes of equipment until he finds a set that fits. He then checks tonight's weather and calls Morgana.

"I caught the cat that I was talking about earlier and it made me think of you, so if you are going to be in Striaton City swing by the pokecenter. It's a gift."

Azure turns to the judge and thanks him.

"Sorry for making you wait. Do I need to do anything for the ticket? And when will it be shown?"

The woman lets out a rufflet and the man lets out an exeggcute, while Quan leads with his new petilil and Webster. Not knowing about his tepid, the exeggcute uses sunny day to power its powerful Harvest ability, but that just sets it up for a powered up Ember attack. The battle is over quickly with the little pig pokemon being the only one standing.

"Congratulations, uh, huh, you know, I don't think we exchanged names yet. I'm Julie, and this is Steve."
"I'm Quan." He said, crouching down to pet his fainted Petilil. "Sorry girl, guess that was a horrible matchup for you for your first fight..."

"Still, that was an interesting fight." He added. "I'm not familiar with Rufflets, but I'm pretty sure Bird Pokémon don't usually use rock moves."

Azure tries on various sizes of equipment until he finds a set that fits. He then checks tonight's weather and calls Morgana.

"I caught the cat that I was talking about earlier and it made me think of you, so if you are going to be in Striaton City swing by the pokecenter. It's a gift."

Azure turns to the judge and thanks him.

"Sorry for making you wait. Do I need to do anything for the ticket? And when will it be shown?"
"Oh, here's two tickets now, each is good for two trips between Lantern Town and any location in Unova proper, either direction. It stays good for a year. That should cover you and a plus one. As for the showing, Pete's studying your picture now. He should be able to exactly copy it when we head back in an hour. We can have the unveiling any night this week, in case you've got something you need to do.
"I'm Quan." He said, crouching down to pet his fainted Petilil. "Sorry girl, guess that was a horrible matchup for you for your first fight..."

"Still, that was an interesting fight." He added. "I'm not familiar with Rufflets, but I'm pretty sure Bird Pokémon don't usually use rock moves."
"Actually, it can learn two from Technical Machines," Steve starts, "neither of which is Smack Down," Julie continues, grinning. "Cole just hatched knowing it, which shouldn't really be possible. He's just special. I've heard that can happen, although every other case I've heard of was the result of intense training."

Steve laughs. "I still remember the uproar when Coordinator Grace's Lucario used Flying Press in a contest. Nobody really advertised having unique moves before that."

"Cool, Thanks. Maybe tomorrow or the next day? Either would be fine."

Azure thinks in his head.

'I wonder if Kathleen would like to go?'

Azure heads towards the PokeCenter to have his talk about this Chrome League.

"Actually, it can learn two from Technical Machines," Steve starts, "neither of which is Smack Down," Julie continues, grinning. "Cole just hatched knowing it, which shouldn't really be possible. He's just special. I've heard that can happen, although every other case I've heard of was the result of intense training."

Steve laughs. "I still remember the uproar when Coordinator Grace's Lucario used Flying Press in a contest. Nobody really advertised having unique moves before that."
"Well, that sounds like one hell of a surprise to pull." Quan added, joining the laughs. "That just show you can't take anything for granted in a fight."

Still, too bad Marie and Webber needed rest and couldn't properly have fun... He would have to make sure to give them a treat later on.

"Cool, Thanks. Maybe tomorrow or the next day? Either would be fine."

Azure thinks in his head.

'I wonder if Kathleen would like to go?'

Azure heads towards the PokeCenter to have his talk about this Chrome League.
"Well, give me a call before you hop the train, so I have time to set up." Frank hands Azure a card with his number on it before he leaves.

Carlos is waiting at the Center. "Hey, man, over here!" He's at a table by the window.
"Well, that sounds like one hell of a surprise to pull." Quan added, joining the laughs. "That just show you can't take anything for granted in a fight."

Still, too bad Marie and Webber needed rest and couldn't properly have fun... He would have to make sure to give them a treat later on.
"It is at that, and that it does. Oh, before I forget, your winnings." Julie tosses Quan an item ball. Checking it, Quan will find that it contains a pack of eight sausages, a bag of eight buns, two onions, a large can of chili, and a block of cheese. "Don't eat it now, though. We're about to make burgers, and you're welcome to join us for that as well."

"It is at that, and that it does. Oh, before I forget, your winnings." Julie tosses Quan an item ball. Checking it, Quan will find that it contains a pack of eight sausages, a bag of eight buns, two onions, a large can of chili, and a block of cheese. "Don't eat it now, though. We're about to make burgers, and you're welcome to join us for that as well."
"I'll take you up on that then! That beats ration bars any day."

"One moment."

Azure goes and gets Bruce healed first before going to talk to Carlos.

"So yeah, we were going to talk about the Chrome League right? Sounds interesting."

"I'll take you up on that then! That beats ration bars any day."
The young couple cooks up enough burgers for everyone, and they stay up late into the night chatting by firelight.
"One moment."

Azure goes and gets Bruce healed first before going to talk to Carlos.

"So yeah, we were going to talk about the Chrome League right? Sounds interesting."
"Yeah, basic idea is, every pokemon move that exists is just a really specialized application of aura. Certain moves are purer than others, and some of them are more aspected, and they all have different flavors, so to speak, but once you know that it's all aura, theoretically, any pokemon can learn any move, and even humans can learn any move, although that takes a lot more effort. There's some sort of similar principle for abilities, but I didn't really get it. The Chrome League is a collection of trainers who understand that with enough effort and training, a pokemon can do anything. People buy expensive technical machines from the stores, and they're hard coded to work with certain pokemon and not others, but really, all these limitations are fake. If enough people have pokemon that know moves they supposedly shouldn't know, the lie being sold by the TM companies will be shown up, and hopefully everyone will start spending more time actually training their pokemon, instead of buying pre-packaged sweat."

"Cool, So how did you get that badge?"

"Cool, So how did you get that badge?"
"Well, a few of us thought it would be nice to give something of a warning to each other that you might be about to face something a bit unusual, so we ran these off in machine shops here and there throughout Unova, to identify each other. It also lets us talk shop with another trainer who knows what's up. I've got a spare if you're interested in trying, although it's considered bad form to wear it until you make at least some progress. Ringo and I have been practicing on stumps, so I thought he had it, but once I saw that move in action, I realized what he actually got off."

Aqua stretches and tries to avoid getting involved with this other person's business.

"So, the road keeps going... that way." he says, idly pointing in a general westish direction out of town. "Anything you feel like doing in town, or..?"

Sneasel yawns slowly, then licks a fang.

"I don't think it would be a problem sleeping outside, if it comes to that." Aqua argues, but stops to think. "... It might be a good idea to take a little while to eat in comfort first, though."

Sneasel shrugs, eyes moving around and stopping on the other pokemon before she lets out a wicked grin.

"Ah, we did leave instead of fighting... I guess, if you want to play a little, that's fine too. That person seems busy, though. I guess I'll ask if there's somewhere else in town that battles often take place, or we can just move around outside of town a little before coming back." Aqua replies less than enthusiastically before going to ask the nurse Joy if there are places where people who want to battle congregate.

The Blitzle attacks quickly before Demeter can leer, and uses another Quick Attack before Demeter can tackle. Both pokemon are looking a little worse for wear.
"Morgana~" Kathleen groans with a small blush as she sing songs, that is until the electric zebra attacked.

"Snivy!" Kathleen exclaims in worry as it's tackled, "Just concentrate on attacking!" [ALL THE TACKLE!]

"Yeah, It seems fun. I guess I'll take one."

Azure is still unsure if Chrome League is secretly a team or not but will get to the bottom of it either way.

Aqua stretches and tries to avoid getting involved with this other person's business.

"So, the road keeps going... that way." he says, idly pointing in a general westish direction out of town. "Anything you feel like doing in town, or..?"

Sneasel yawns slowly, then licks a fang.

"I don't think it would be a problem sleeping outside, if it comes to that." Aqua argues, but stops to think. "... It might be a good idea to take a little while to eat in comfort first, though."

Sneasel shrugs, eyes moving around and stopping on the other pokemon before she lets out a wicked grin.

"Ah, we did leave instead of fighting... I guess, if you want to play a little, that's fine too. That person seems busy, though. I guess I'll ask if there's somewhere else in town that battles often take place, or we can just move around outside of town a little before coming back." Aqua replies less than enthusiastically before going to ask the nurse Joy if there are places where people who want to battle congregate.
"Well, there tend to be a lot of fights at the Dreamyard, and you can find a fight at The Gym. It's not actually a gym, it's a restaurant called The Gym," Nurse Hope explains.
"Morgana~" Kathleen groans with a small blush as she sing songs, that is until the electric zebra attacked.

"Snivy!" Kathleen exclaims in worry as it's tackled, "Just concentrate on attacking!" [ALL THE TACKLE!]
Blitzle has a two attack lead, but the difference in power slowly makes a difference, with Blitzle falling just before Snivy does.

"Yeah, It seems fun. I guess I'll take one."

Azure is still unsure if Chrome League is secretly a team or not but will get to the bottom of it either way.
"Here you go. Now, which of your pokemon were you thinking of undergoing training with, and what kind of moves did you want to teach them? I might be able to put you in touch with someone who can help you, or possibly someone you can help."

"Mostly? I'm considering Bruce. Not sure what I'll teach him yet. But I'll figure it out."

Azure is at this point done for the night besides meeting up with Morgana and Kathleen.

After the conversation with Carlos, Azure checks with the Nurse to see if anyone has anything they need done for money tomorrow.

"Well, there tend to be a lot of fights at the Dreamyard, and you can find a fight at The Gym. It's not actually a gym, it's a restaurant called The Gym," Nurse Hope explains.

Aqua claps his hands, filing away the fact that his instant gut assumption about the nurse's name was wrong, never to be addressed.

"Sneasel can fight, and I can eat something tasty." he appraises. "Well, I'm sold. That sound good, Sneasel? Let's go."

Sneasel's chuckles alternate between casual excitement and dark anticipation along the way to 'The Gym'.

"Mostly? I'm considering Bruce. Not sure what I'll teach him yet. But I'll figure it out."

Azure is at this point done for the night besides meeting up with Morgana and Kathleen.

After the conversation with Carlos, Azure checks with the Nurse to see if anyone has anything they need done for money tomorrow.
There's a package that needs to be delivered to the daycare center halfway to the next town.
"Yeah! Go Demeter!" Kathleen exclaims happily as she throws a Pokeball at the zebra. "Now we just need to tame the wild bronco!"
The ball shakes once...
Twice...
Three times...

Click! You caught Blitzle!
Aqua claps his hands, filing away the fact that his instant gut assumption about the nurse's name was wrong, never to be addressed.

"Sneasel can fight, and I can eat something tasty." he appraises. "Well, I'm sold. That sound good, Sneasel? Let's go."

Sneasel's chuckles alternate between casual excitement and dark anticipation along the way to 'The Gym'.
There are three dishes available tonight. Spicy wings, an onion salad, or a warm soup.

Aqua is kind of interested in the onion salad. Sounds light and healthy. Probably comes with the possibility of tasty and fattening dressings and oils.

Click! You caught Blitzle!
"Yay!" Kathleen shouts as she hugs Morgana! "Thank you for the chance! Even if I end up sending the darling home, you don't know how much this means for me!"

Kathleen eyes the pokeball for a second as she picks it up, deciding to not startle the pokemon until it's healed in the Pokemon center. Preferably with a big bag of pokepuffs and Eirene by her side.

"Let's move onward! Towards the city!"

Azure will take that job and do it tomorrow.

Sending out a quick text to the cute girl squad to call him when they get to the center he goes off to look around the dreamyard.

Last edited:
Aqua is kind of interested in the onion salad. Sounds light and healthy. Probably comes with the possibility of tasty and fattening dressings and oils.
A waiter brings out a lovely lettuce and dandelion green salad with thinly sliced pickled red onions layered over the top, and olive oil drizzled over it. After a VERY quick battle, Aqua is left to eat.
"Yay!" Kathleen shouts as she hugs Morgana! "Thank you for the chance! Even if I end up sending the darling home, you don't know how much this means for me!"

Kathleen eyes the pokeball for a second as she picks it up, deciding to not startle the pokemon until it's healed in the Pokemon center. Preferably with a big bag of pokepuffs and Eirene by her side.

It isn't very long before you both reach the next town, Nurse Hope healing your pokemon before returning them.
Azure will take that job and do it tomorrow.

Sending out a quick text to the cute girl squad to call him when they get to the center he goes off to look around the dreamyard.
You arrive just in time to see a strange distortion in the air that leaves behind a dark blue egg with black stripes and iron studs.

"...What."

Azure picks up the egg and returns to the pokemon center to get it checked out.

"...What."

Azure picks up the egg and returns to the pokemon center to get it checked out.
Nurse Hope can't identify the egg for sure, but given it came from the dreamyards and the coloration, she thinks chances are good that it's a swablu, riolu, bronzor, or possibly beldum.

Azure thanks the Nurse.

He also looks around to see if he can find Morgana and Kathleen.

A waiter brings out a lovely lettuce and dandelion green salad with thinly sliced pickled red onions layered over the top, and olive oil drizzled over it. After a VERY quick battle, Aqua is left to eat.

"Hm, was the grass type weak against...?" Aqua thinks aloud, before spearing a bit of dandelion green on the fork and holding it up for Sneasel. "Try some?"

She nibbles a little before recoiling, claws up over her mouth as she rejects the flavor.

"Ahaha, sorry." Aqua chuckles, before munching it himself instead, as she sticks out her tongue and makes a complaining soft mewling noise. Not bad, but it is a little bitter.

He eats a little more before selecting a bit of onion topping instead.

"Here, try this one instead." he suggests.

Sneasel narrows her eyes mistrustingly at him for a moment before she blinks, and they widen. Then, with an 'omp', she engulfs the whole tidbit and the tines of the fork in her mouth.

She blinks again and makes a more agreeable, pleased noise at the flavor.

"Not bad, right?" Aqua says, continuing on to eat the salad while slipping Sneasel little tidbits of the onion topping. "It's a milder kind of flavor, but... All right then, we'll stay at the pokemon center tonight, and next time I'll try to pick something you'll like better, okay?"

Sneasel murmurs happily in response.

"Oh, Azure! You shouldn't have," Morgana demures, "I will endeavor to return the favour, is there anything I could do for you as a 'thanks'? I should be in Striaton later this evening barring anything unforseen."

Morgana grabs Kathleen's hand, and pulls her in for a hug, "It's been a great day! Maybe we can find somewhere to dance in the City tonight to celebrate?"

Laughing and dragging Kathleen around in a small circle, she says, "It's been a while since I've gone dancing."

She lets go of Kathleen and twirls away before striking a dramatic pose. "I think I'm going to develop Cerise's routine around dancing."

Morgana takes a deep breath and calms herself. She smiles a bit sheepishly at Kathleen.

"Besides picking up the Purrloin Azure found for me, is there anything else you want to do in Striaton? I'm going to see about their local competition scene. If its soon, Cerise and I are going to give it a go. Otherwise, I'm going to train all my little darlings some, and hopefully catch something to trade for a Ponyta."

"Oh, Azure! You shouldn't have," Morgana demures, "I will endeavor to return the favour, is there anything I could do for you as a 'thanks'? I should be in Striaton later this evening barring anything unforseen."

"It's up to you. Like I said it's a gift and if you haven't eaten there is this nice restaurant."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back