• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Police Girl (Worm/Hellsing)

I might have worded it better, but I meant it never names the dog in the original series.

I'm confused when you say in the original series you mean the first anime not the manga right?

Walter names the dog thing Baskerville in the manga for sure.

I might have worded it better, but I meant it never names the dog in the original series.
Fyi, the manga is the original work. The first anime was made when the manga was only half done IIRC, which I think is what you're referencing given your comments. After the manga was finished they made Hellsing Ultimate which is far more faithful to the manga than the first anime is.

Yea, by original series I was referencing the series from the 80's (or was it early 90's?).

Sadly, never read the manga. Only manga I ever really got into was Akira, and even there, I've only read the first 2 books, haven't gotten a hold of the last 4. (I don't like reading manga on the computer, need to have actual paper copies...)

And sadly, anime series being made before the manga is done is the bane of almost all anime series; just look as FMA vs FMA: Brotherhood. Both are amazing series, but past skin-deep they're almost nothing alike.

And yes, I found the part where Walter named "The Black Dog, Baskerville" in Hellsing Ultimate.

That said, Ultimate has a much better and more complete storyline (WTF was with the ending of the original anime series?), but the original anime series has MUCH MUCH better characterizations for most of the cast.

Sadly, never read the manga.
Heh, know how that is. Took me years after watching the anime to even learn about the manga, and a few more after that to find the damn thing.
That said, Ultimate has a much better and more complete storyline (WTF was with the ending of the original anime series?), but the original anime series has MUCH MUCH better characterizations for most of the cast.
As I said Ultimate is a more faithful adaptation, as in I can't recall a single scene in it that isn't almost exactly like it is in the manga. That said the ending of the first anime can be summed up as 'We've gone past what the source material covers. Let's make shit up!'

Y'know if I was a video game developer and I was making a Hellsing game, Incognito would be a DLC villain.
No! Shame on you! No DLC bullshit. Fuck all that "$60 for the game, then $150 for the rest of the game." Incognito's a secret/unlockable character or not a part of the game at all.

Seriously though, DLC is so bullshit that after the game itself is down to less than $10, you still need to pay $30+ for the DLC, because they NEVER REDUCE THE PRICE OF THE DLC!!! EVER!!!

In FFXIII-2 they flat out released the game unfinished, with notes in several places that "the area will be available with the DLC." Those DLC's are currently more than twice the cost of the game itself.

Honestly, I'm fine with charging for DLC....at first, but after a few months, or a year or two, they should make it free. Or at least adjust the DLC price to match the lowering of the cost of the game itself.

And the MOST annoying part of DLC...When they take it down. There are dozens of former "big name" games that had lots of DLC on PSN that simply aren't there anymore. This means people who wait until the games are cheap enough to easily afford can't get the full gameplay experience.

OK, I'm done now. [/rant]

No! Shame on you! No DLC bullshit. Fuck all that "$60 for the game, then $150 for the rest of the game." Incognito's a secret/unlockable character or not a part of the game at all.

Seriously though, DLC is so bullshit that after the game itself is down to less than $10, you still need to pay $30+ for the DLC, because they NEVER REDUCE THE PRICE OF THE DLC!!! EVER!!!

In FFXIII-2 they flat out released the game unfinished, with notes in several places that "the area will be available with the DLC." Those DLC's are currently more than twice the cost of the game itself.

Honestly, I'm fine with charging for DLC....at first, but after a few months, or a year or two, they should make it free. Or at least adjust the DLC price to match the lowering of the cost of the game itself.

And the MOST annoying part of DLC...When they take it down. There are dozens of former "big name" games that had lots of DLC on PSN that simply aren't there anymore. This means people who wait until the games are cheap enough to easily afford can't get the full gameplay experience.

On disc DLC that has no real plot importance that the players can choose whether or not to play it.

This is one major reason I prefer PC gaming over console gaming. It still has DLC but at least through Steam when the game goes on sale for 75% off, most of the time it's DLC does as well. Not to mention player made content that is absolutely free and sometimes is better than any official DLC.

I never understood why people prefer consoles so much over PC when the PC has several times the potential that a console can ever have.

OK, that's my addition to the rant over with, back to Vamp!Taylor.

On disc DLC that has no real plot importance that the players can choose whether or not to play it.
If it's on-disk it's not DLC (DownLoadable Content).
I never understood why people prefer consoles so much over PC when the PC has several times the potential that a console can ever have.
PC's and consoles have a symbiotic relationship. You'd be surprised how many major computer tech advances were first seen in video game consoles, and later integrated into PCs.

That said, consoles have hardware and software specifically designed and optimized (at least if it's not a Microsoft designed system, they never optimize ANYTHING) to do one thing and one thing only, run games; PC's have to do a bit of everything. To get a PC to handle half of what a PS3 can do for gameplay, you need to drop over $6000....and sometimes that's just on the video card alone.

In fact the PS3 when originally released was bought in bulk by hospitals because once Linux was installed on it, the PS3 ran as good as or better than mainframe computers costing over 20 times as much. (this is why Linux support was removed, despite Linux support being one of the original big selling points...)

Emulation on PC for PS2 games is STILL not fully there, since the PCs just can't handle some of the more resource intensive games.

There's also the fact that almost all the best games are console exclusive, with no PC counterpart.

We should probably drop this line of discussion though, really taking the thread off topic.

To get a PC to handle half of what a PS3 can do for gameplay, you need to drop over $6000....and sometimes that's just on the video card alone.
Lolno. I built my desktop PC for a little over 900 dollars and it blows PS3 out of the water. Plus, you can actually upgrade it piecemeal as you go along. And the only reason consoles are as cheap as they are is because the industry sells them at a loss and recoups through high-priced games. Seriously, games used to be 49.99. Now they're 69.99.

The only way you're spending 6k on a PC is if you're buying a prebuilt from a shady manufacturer, or if you're one of those super-enthusiasts who runs water cooling through a rack of 3 videocards.

Lolno. I built my desktop PC for a little over 900 dollars and it blows PS3 out of the water. Plus, you can actually upgrade it piecemeal as you go along. And the only reason consoles are as cheap as they are is because the industry sells them at a loss and recoups through high-priced games. Seriously, games used to be 49.99. Now they're 69.99.

The only way you're spending 6k on a PC is if you're buying a prebuilt from a shady manufacturer, or if you're one of those super-enthusiasts who runs water cooling through a rack of 3 videocards.
Each of those cards would have to be in the 1000 range to hit that price. Watercooling isn't really that expensive, 10 for tube, 50 for a pump, 60 for CPU, 100 for GPU, 90 for radiator. 310 total for a basic setup. 100 more for each extra graphics card, maybe a second radiator, and you're looking at 600, or 1/10th of 6000.

Heck, I overspent on my comp and it was under 2000 with watercooling. My TV cost more than that.

To build a high-end gaming computer (key words: "high-end"), you HAVE to do those things....and the $6000 price I gave was building it yourself, buying one pre-built would run you more like $8000 (a high-end dual video card SLI setup costs over $3000 by itself).

It should also be noted those same high-end computers can't emulate PS3 because they lack the processing power to do so. Seriously, the cell technology used in PS3's core is THAT advanced.

And water-cooling isn't your best cooling option anyways. there are a few better ones. Personally I like the one where your computer's built inside a fish-tank full of mineral oil, as long as you keep it sealed so dust can't get in it's one of the most efficient methods of cooling that doesn't involve liquid nitrogen; it allows you to MASSIVELY overclock (as in push a 4GHz processor to 7GHz level of overclocking) without worry of overheating as well.

And this thread is now officially derailed, congrats guys.:rolleyes:

I apologize for causing this derail. So how long until Taylor figures out that she has been creating ghouls during her feeding times?

To get a PC to handle half of what a PS3 can do for gameplay, you need to drop over $6000....and sometimes that's just on the video card alone.

That is flat-out wrong. You can build a $400 PC that crushes the PS4, let alone the PS3. Building a PC is not hard; it's actually easier than building something out of Lego, or completing a puzzle with a dozen pieces. All the parts go in specific places and it's very hard to mess up. No, this build does not include the cost of an operating system, monitor, mouse, and keyboard, much like the cited cost of a console does not include a television.

When a console is running a game, it's ONLY running a game.

When a PC is running a game, it's running a game, an Operating System, an antivirus, dozens of background processes....the list goes on.

Even if the computer technically has more stats, it still loses on actual gameplay performance. FPS is not the end-all stat, but seems to be the only thing they focus on. (and I honestly don't agree with some of their selections for budget components...)

Seriously, reminds me of the people saying PS2 was superior to Dreamcast when under the hood the ONLY thing PS2 was better at was max resolution.

But it seems no matter how I say it, you won't even consider another view, so I'm just gonna pretend the whole convo never happened, and skim over any non-story related posts.

And I'd say probably 2-3 chapters until 'Taylucard Victoria' find out about the ghouls.

No, what you're attempting to imply is that the only way to beat a PS3/4 is with the most expensive hardware possible. This is simply wrong.

FPS is used to demonstrate the performance of a system because GPU performance is typically the bottleneck. CPU and Ram performance simply don't make as big a difference to gaming. A $900 PC will beat a PS3, and a $1500 PC will beat a PS4, even with background programs. The only possible exemption is if you have a severe malware infestation, like Norton.

And I don't know shit what you guys talking about

All I know is that I will play Smash WiiU on an emulator in the far future

So how long until a scene like this happens?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back