• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Pretty Soldier Sailor Tinker Taylor [Worm Quest]

We totally just lost out on the [troll] subskill.

Damnit.

[X] Agree, and go meet your new team.

This will be hilarious if this is Coil attempting actual subtlety at recruitment, and we go along with it because we're only in it for the money, and don't actually have any desire for heroism this go round.

[X] "Reply that we want to know what we're getting into, we're not going in blind."

-[X] "So, are you guys corporate superheroes or super-villains, or what? My initial contact - Ms. Covault - refused to say."
--[X] If they say they're supervillains, "Yeah, okay, but I'm not one, so I'll give you gear, but I'm not going to help you with anything illegal. You start discussing your plans to rob banks or whatever, and I'm going to leave the room so I can't be charged with conspiracy."

nick012000 said:
-[X] "So, are you guys corporate superheroes or super-villains, or what? My initial contact - Ms. Covault - refused to say."
--[X] If they say they're supervillains, "Yeah, okay, but I'm not one, so I'll give you gear, but I'm not going to help you with anything illegal. You start discussing your plans to rob banks or whatever, and I'm going to leave the room so I can't be charged with conspiracy."

This...is at least an interesting take on it.

-[x] But make sure they prepare a legal document for them to sign saying that you are not legally responsible for any use or mis-use of the powers you give out, as well as an extra copy for you to take home.

I just thought of something. If a parahuman uses one of the transformation gems we make and they have a non-Thinker power, can they still use their power or would we have to put a psudo-copy of their power into the gem?

Last edited by a moderator:

This one looks interesting.

I don't suppose she could meet the new team on a trial basis?

Taking her to their mysterious base would suggest no, but you never know.

This I'm okay with.

Hey guys? Telling them we aren't going to get involved in any super villain stunts is Incredibly stupid.

We're arming them with our tech. Our unique, one of a kind tech. If these boys and girls Are super villains, stating right off the bat that we want nothing o do with them will Horrendously complicate our working relationship.

Much better to simply head to the meeting, and see what happens, instead of trying to hard to keep away from crime.

We're already aiding and abetting, alongside illegal weapon supply what with giving them hard light construct bodies.

Trying to stay away from the crime just means bad relations with our people's, and no input in how stuff goes and ways to make sure our suits aren't captured by others.

Darik29 said:
Hey guys? Telling them we aren't going to get involved in any super villain stunts is Incredibly stupid.

We're arming them with our tech. Our unique, one of a kind tech. If these boys and girls Are super villains, stating right off the bat that we want nothing o do with them will Horrendously complicate our working relationship.

Much better to simply head to the meeting, and see what happens, instead of trying to hard to keep away from crime.

We're already aiding and abetting, alongside illegal weapon supply what with giving them hard light construct bodies.

Trying to stay away from the crime just means bad relations with our people's, and no input in how stuff goes and ways to make sure our suits aren't captured by others.

Point. We're abetting crime however you look at it.

[X] Decline the offer.

I'm going to laugh if it's actually a Nazi trap or something.

[X] These guys are way too suspicious. Don't join but investigate, they're definitely up to no good.

[X] "I want to know what I'm getting into, I'm not going in blind."

Darik29 said:

If these are the Undersiders, I really doubt that. Remember how Tattletale knew that Taylor was "undercover" and planning on betraying them all along in canon?

I don't know about you, but I don't want Taylor to go to prison.

No, we're not.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aiding_and_abetting

[quote author=United States Code]
(a) Whoever commits an offense against the United States or aids, abets, counsels, commands, induces or procures its commission, is punishable as a principal.
(b) Whoever willfully causes an act to be done which if directly performed by him or another would be an offense against the United States, is punishable as a principal.[/quote]
Aiding and abetting is what Coil is guilty of. As long as we don't tell them to do anything illegal, we should be fine. Besides, while I'm not sure how tinkertech is regulated on Earth Bet, as long as we refrain from building tinkertech ]Title 2 weapons, we should probably be fine.

We'll have no input on their criminal activity, sure, but avoiding accountability for that is the whole point. I'm pretty sure we'd have input on how stuff that affects us goes.

[X] "Reply that we want to know what we're getting into, we're not going in blind."

(a) Whoever commits an offense against the United States or aids, abets, counsels, commands, induces or procures its commission, is punishable as a principal.

We'd be doing that if we supply them with the powers as we're aiding an illegal action with products that can only be created by us.

Heck, if the public finds out where their power comes from, no law enforcement is ever going to completely trust us again unless we go very mercenary and have some legal backing saying that it's not our problem how people use the items we make.

[X] "I want to know what I'm getting into, I'm not going in blind."

Using 'we' like that, while putting it in quotation marks, looks rather odd. This is the same basic response, but closer to what Taylor would actually say.

I've been swayed back.

[X] These guys are way too suspicious. Don't join but investigate, they're definitely up to no good.

Deathwings said:

... It's been a while since I took Crim Law, but I'm almost positive that willful ignorance is not a defense against conspiracy charges. If you have constructive notice that something illegal is going down, and you still provide aid (by, say, supplying Tinker toys), you're still guilty.

Doubt Taylor would know that, so the vote's fine. Just thought I should mention it.

Yeah, I'm angling toward being IC rather then an outside observer mind controlling the main character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back