• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Pretty Soldier Sailor Tinker Taylor [Worm Quest]

Jaertin said:
Shoot. Tallying votes manually is hard :(

If anyone wants to change their votes go for it. I'm not going to get the next part done today, because I have to reread some things first anyway.

I'll do a manual count if you want.

Cape name:
[X] Phantom Star

Eh, it's the activation phrase for our magic doohickey. Makes sense to me.

Updated Vote:

[X] Take the online offer for one thousand dollars, arrange a meeting face-to-face, but do so masked-up. A definite yes/no is off the table until you know what and who you're dealing with and whether or not crime or crime of what type is involved. Besides, money leads to tinkering supplies. If these people are not wholly repugnant, then you'll probably be able to put up with them as long as they're shelling out the cash.

[X] Cape Name - Ribbon Star

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Go down to meet Faultline

If we make power gems for sale, we should exclude the pocket dimension and disguise field. Also, to cover our ass later, add a disclaimer that anyone caught using our gems to aid in crime is put on our blacklist.

[X] Take the online offer for one thousand dollars, arrange a meeting face-to-face, but do so masked-up. A definite yes/no is off the table until you know what and who you're dealing with and whether or not crime or crime of what type is involved. Besides, money leads to tinkering supplies. If these people are not wholly repugnant, then you'll probably be able to put up with them as long as they're shelling out the cash.

13 to 12 Don't accept(Potentially 14 to 12) if Silver's adding his vote to this camp)

Winning Name [X] Cape Name - Ribbon Star # 16 versus 9 votes for Shibari

[] be an independent hero and start your own Web show. your transformed state is damn easy on the eyes and the cape webshow you know of is profitable. starting up a hero counterpart to the Uber and leet should pay off.
# of Votes: 1
Supporters: Silversun17

Plan
Accept [12]

[] Take the online offer for one thousand dollars, arrange a meeting face-to-face, but do so masked-up. A definite yes/no is off the table until you know what and who you're dealing with and whether or not crime or crime of what type is involved. Besides, money leads to tinkering supplies. If these people are not wholly repugnant, then you'll probably be able to put up with them as long as they're shelling out the cash.
# of Votes: 12
Supporters: Slayer Anderson, tsuknoryu2986, Biigoh, Z000, Nervaqus987, Selias, Prince Charon, hunter09, nick012000, Malcolmo, Anasurimbor, cyberswordsmen

Don't accept the offer [13]

[] Troop down to the Palanquin in disguise to talk with Faultline.
# of Votes: 12
Supporters: serra2, Disminded, inverted_helix, minuseven, fitzgerald, megrisvernin, Vindictus, Carrnage, Under the chandelier, Deathwings, Grosstoad, Garahs

[] No
# of Votes: 1
Supporters: darklord

Name

[X] Shibari, after the method of tying people up you found
# of Votes: 9
Supporters: Slayer Anderson, Nervaqus987, Vindictus, Prince Charon, Lunaryon, hunter09, nick012000, Carrnage, Bloodshifter

# of Votes: 16
Supporters: tsuknoryu2986, serra2, Biigoh, Z000, Selias, Malcolmo, Under the chandelier, Deathwings, Grosstoad, Silversun17, megrisvernin, MHLord, darklord, Anasurimbor, Garahs, cyberswordsmen

[X] Cape Name - Sailor Phantom
# of Votes: 3
Supporters: Disminded, inverted_helix, fitzgerald

I'd ask people note change the votes till it's clear if the vote's still open...I did this manually so I don't want to go back & have to look where people edited their votes.

:/.

I want a quest that goes in a different direction from canon worm.

Fautline's crew would be interesting.

Undersiders, not so much.

Likely to drop it if the online offer wins & its Undersiders as I fear.

megrisvernin said:
:/.

I want a quest that goes in a different direction from canon worm.

Fautline's crew would be interesting.

Undersiders, not so much.

Likely to drop it if the online offer wins & its Undersiders as I fear.

Eh. I like the Faultline idea as well, but even if it doesn't win, the story could still be cool.

For example: Pretty Soldier Sailor Regent.
"Shine Royal Star!"

Just going to me meeting doesn't mean we'll end up locked in. If the terms of employment or our contact jibs doesn't please us, we can just refuse and visit the Faultline possibility afterward.

And if Coil try something screwy, then that just mean we'll have our very own first Mortal Enemy. Those are good for Plot.

Deathwings said:
Just going to me meeting doesn't mean we'll end up locked in. If the terms of employment or our contact jibs doesn't please us, we can just refuse and visit the Faultline possibility afterward.

And if Coil try something screwy, then that just mean we'll have our very own first Mortal Enemy. Those are good for Plot.
Exactly what I was thinking. And who knows? It might not be the Undersiders.

Either way, the money will be useful.

Deathwings said:

And even if this is Coil, that doesn't automaticly mean he wants us on the Undersiders. He might have us separate like Circus and Trainwreak. Or an interesting idea, start a new team that operates as young 'heros'. So that when he becomes the PRT director, he has a new team of Wards in the wings.

[X] Go down to meet Faultline

tsuknoryu2986 said:
And even if this is Coil, that doesn't automaticly mean he wants us on the Undersiders. He might have us separate like Circus and Trainwreak. Or an interesting idea, start a new team that operates as young 'heros'. So that when he becomes the PRT director, he has a new team of Wards in the wings.

Eh. Biggest fear is that Coil splits a timeline and somehow has enough people to bring us down and 'unmasks' us, then threaten Danny in the other timeline.

But no fear, right?

You decide that the mysterious offer is too tempting to pass up and contact the sender to agree to meet them tomorrow. They answer promptly with a password to access your money, and a suggestion for a meeting place, a higher end cafe that offers privacy for people conducting business.

Looking at the online banking profile, the money is indeed there and you transfer it your own account. You can't help but wonder at the sum displayed. This is the most spending money you've ever had, and if working with these people is going to be so profitable, it would be worth putting up with a lot.

You soon make your first purchase: a simple cloth facemask from a cape-chic store, which covers everything from the eyes down. You also purchase a set of clothes sized to your transformed self, which is a few inches taller than your already lanky normal frame.

The day of the meeting comes soon and you go transformed and masked. Not that you need to mask your transformed self, but it would be more suspicious if you didn't bother. While the clothes you bought are rather more modest than the ones that come with the transformation (which dissolved into light when you took them off), you still notice quite a bit of attention being directed your way. It makes you feel a bit awkward, but you push your chest out, hold your head high, and pretend not to notice. If you're going to be a well known cape, you'll attract far more attention anyway, so you might as well start getting used to it.

The staff at the cafe is professional and entirely unphased by your masked appearance as they conduct to your place.

Their representative is a professionally dressed middle aged woman with greying blonde hair in a severe bun called Ms Covault, who is already there early, and has already ordered a tea set. You order the same and take a seat.

"So what should I call you?" she asks you as she takes a sip.

Horrified, you realise that for all your preparations, you completely forgot to choose a cape name. Not wanting to appear unprofessional you blurt out the first thing that comes to mind.

"Shibari!"

...Way to go brain. Way to go. Gah, damn the internet, and it's insidious corruption! At least the spray of tea mostly missed you. Quickly, you think of something better while your conversation partner cough into her napkin to hide her blush. You've got ribbons, and you're shiny when you transform, and your activation phrase all put together...

"Ribbon Star," you say, pretending the last thirty seconds never existed. "You can call me Ribbon Star."

"Right. Ribbon Star. Good name. Not like... Good name." She clears her throat awkwardly and steels herself to proceed.

The ensuing conversation is thankfully free of any more embarrassment as the two of you discuss what you really came here to do.

What it boils down to is that Ms Covault's employers mean to sponsor a cape team in Brockton Bay, and are looking for recruits. You express tentative interest, and explain your powers in a very broad fashion, and she doesn't push you on it. From the direction of her inquiries, you get the feeling that they intend to step on the toes of some of the locals, and that Ms Covault is feeling out, whether you'd have a problem with that. Which you don't really, so long as they keep to some standards.

Their offer is rather generous, not only in money, but they're offering to provide a safe-house with training and tinkering facilities, as well as other support, and a fairly hands off attitude, giving you information, but ultimately leaving deciding what to do up to you.

They are refusing to reveal anything about who they are, however, which you think is taking paranoia a bit far. You'd only communicate through intermediaries.

You part way with them promising to contact you once they'd interviewed a few last candidates, giving you at least a few days to think about it.

Two days later you receive a message with a meeting place.

[ ] Agree, and go meet your new team.
[ ] These guys are way too suspicious. Don't join but investigate, they're definitely up to no good.
[ ] Write-In

[X] "Reply that we want to know what we're getting into, we're not going in blind."

[X] Agree, and go meet your new team.

Eh. Might as well give it a shot.

[X] "Reply that we want to know what we're getting into, we're not going in blind."

I'm not joining a group without having some hint of their affiliation.

[X] Agree, and go meet your new team.

While we may agree, doesn't mean we can't have countermeasures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back