• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Puellus Gamer Magica (The Gamer/PMMM quest)

Graig said:
If we wanted a high physical stat fighter we should have chosen something other than The Sorcerer. High Int and Dex could be a viable build but having a far lower Int would hurt a lot and it might be that we need high Wis as well.

We don't yet know much about what the effect of each stat is and Int is the only stat which is almost certain to be important for our character.
Honestly, I chose the Sorcerer because the description makes it sound like a jack-of-all-trades, rather than a generic wizard. Of course, increasing Strength, Vitality, and Dexterity comes secondary to Intelligence and Wisdom, but we have a rapier rather than a staff or wand for a reason.
Wielding the formidable powers of White, Black, Blue and other forms of magicks with your weapon, you can unleash mighty devastation upon your foes. You are no slouch in close combat, either, as your channeling medium is an enchanted rapier, its glyphs allowing you to fight far better than a stereotypical magician could do.

[X] +8 Strength
[X] +12 Dexterity
[X] +8 Vitality
[X] +21 Intelligence
[X] +19 Wisdom
[X] +12 Luck

Which brings the stats to:
Strength - 20
Dexterity - 25
Vitality - 20
Intelligence - 41
Wisdom - 30
Luck - 20

[X] +8 Strength
[X] +12 Dexterity
[X] +8 Vitality
[X] +21 Intelligence
[X] +19 Wisdom
[X] +12 Luck

Sigh.

We should also consider that we're are goign to get effectively free levels of Int and Wis every time we level of the Sorceror.

The Sorceror sounds like a Red Mage, Sage, or Dark Souls Sorceror.

And.

*Power Ranger Voice.*
Lugia! We Need Stat info Dump Power Now!.

Please hold a moment while I check my notes, as well as getting things done IRL.

[X] +8 Strength [X] +12 Dexterity [X] +8 Vitality [X] +21 Intelligence [X] +19 Wisdom [X] +12 Luck

While I preffered my build I'd rather this got through then the put all points in int plan.

I have arrived at your quest Lugia. And I like it! Tell me things, kay?

[X] +8 Strength
[X] +12 Dexterity
[X] +8 Vitality
[X] +21 Intelligence
[X] +19 Wisdom
[X] +12 Luck

kinglugia said:
Please hold a moment while I check my notes, as well as getting things done IRL.
Quick question, what's our melee damage like exactly? Since it'd make arguing about what's most effective at killing stuff a lot easier.

Malcolmo said:
Quick question, what's our melee damage like exactly? Since it'd make arguing about what's most effective at killing stuff a lot easier.
STR + 0.5* DEX +Weapon damage is for the average Puella or Puellus.
But with Gamer, it would be...
2*STR + DEX + Weapon damage, accuracy is the same for both sides.
Of course, I might nerf or buff them depending on my calculations.

And here's Mami's stats for example, when she's a veteran.

STR - 25
DEX - 49
VIT - 32
INT - 52
WIS - 21
LUC - 16

Larekko12 said:
The Sorceror sounds like a Red Mage, Sage, or Dark Souls Sorceror.
Funny story. Well. Odd funny, not "ha ha" funny. I was going to make a Red Mage write-in before re-reading the Sorcerer description, and realizing that was basically what the sorcerer was.

[X] The Sewers, to grind giant rats before trying to take on a boss monster.

[X] +8 Strength
[X] +12 Dexterity
[X] +8 Vitality
[X] +21 Intelligence
[X] +19 Wisdom
[X] +12 Luck

All into Int seems like a bad plan.

I mean Mami had 52 Int, and 21 Wis and well, look at what happens when your Int is more than twice your Wis score, you lose your head under pressure.

Larekko12 said:
I don't want a high physical stat character. I want mage with High, Int, Wis, Luck and DEx.

I also want to want ot be able to dodge weel enough before we can get mystical walls of titanic force. Leaving out stats specifically the stats dealing wit aiming our death balls at barely above humans levels is a terrible idea.

the Mobs would be pulling Darks Souls Level on challenge bullshit on us.
Eh. I disagree. Strongly. Int 100 will make us have skills go up at absurd speed, and we won't be fighting them up close. We'll be blasting them. Remember, RPG logic. First fight is reasonably easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Robotninja said:
Eh. I disagree. Strongly. Int 100 will make us have skills go up at absurd speed, and we won't be fighting them up close. We'll be blasting them. Remember, RPG logic. First fight is reasonably easy.
Don't be fuckig retarded and don't ignore the word that are coming off my keyboard.

So we're blasting them. blasting them doesn't stop you from missing, and getting speed blitzed. Speed is how you actually maintain distance to shoot the damn things.

and in the Gamer and Worm there is no sorting algorithm of random ecnounters. The Mc Ran into a level46 Summoner first thing and only didn't get wiped cause he was holding back.

Larekko12 said:
Don't be fuckig retarded and don't ignore the word that are coming off my keyboard.

So we're blasting them. blasting them doesn't stop you from missing, and getting speed blitzed. Speed is how you actually maintain distance to shoot the damn things.

and in the Gamer and Worm there is no sorting algorithm of random ecnounters. The Mc Ran into a level46 Summoner first thing and only didn't get wiped cause he was holding back.
Larreko, I despise bullshit hyper paranoia, and someone as dumb as you calling anyone retarded for disagreeing with you is rather ironic. Take a look at the attack the MC had with just Int 50. With int 100, we should easily have access to area of effect attacks. So we nuke an area and kill the familiars. Tada.
Seriously, your paranoia about familars is overblown. No familiar is ever shown to kill a PM. Witches are threats. But with 100 Int, we can nuke it with a single hit, and most Witches relied on tanking hits, not speed blitzing. So we nuke the Witch to death. Megadeath.

Robotninja said:
Remember, RPG logic. First fight is reasonably easy.
And the second fight? The third? The tenth? We can't respec after the first fight. If your plan relies on boosting our other stats before we start fighting the hard enemies, just put some of the points you intend to spend later into our other stats and put more points into intelligence as we level up. It's not like we need maxed out intelligence for the first fight. After all, the first fight will be easy, right?

[X] +8 Strength
[X] +12 Dexterity
[X] +8 Vitality
[X] +21 Intelligence
[X] +19 Wisdom
[X] +12 Luck

The all Int plan would be good if we were the gamer from the manga since his life really isn't at risk, but ours is. We're going to need to be above human norms to take on witches and liches safely.

Larekko12 said:
What does Worm have to do with this?

Torgamous said:
And the second fight? The third? The tenth? We can't respec after the first fight. If your plan relies on boosting our other stats before we start fighting the hard enemies, just put some of the points you intend to spend later into our other stats and put more points into intelligence as we level up. It's not like we need maxed out intelligence for the first fight. After all, the first fight will be easy, right?
We can invest the points we gain into other stats to shore up our foundations. Right now, we want to get a solid base of having uber skill gain rate. So that we can gain skills at absurd speed. There will be a vast, vast cost in terms of skills if we level up int slowly.

Uh...guys, I still need votes for what our character look like...
Dimensionist and Malcomo are the only ones who gave me the pics...

Robotninja said:
Larreko, I despise bullshit hyper paranoia, and someone as dumb as you calling anyone retarded for disagreeing with you is rather ironic. Take a look at the attack the MC had with just Int 50. With int 100, we should easily have access to area of effect attacks. So we nuke an area and kill the familiars. Tada.
Seriously, your paranoia about familars is overblown. No familiar is ever shown to kill a PM. Witches are threats. But with 100 Int, we can nuke it with a single hit, and most Witches relied on tanking hits, not speed blitzing. So we nuke the Witch to death. Megadeath.

Bullshit hyper paranoia?

If what I want is bullshit hyper paranoia then your proposal can only be the most criminally reckless stupidity to exist that's not putting everything into strength or Vit.

No familiar is ever shown to kill a PM in canon. Every PM is either significantly superhuman physically or had back up or could stop fucking time or tank that shit. And familiars come in numbers.

Most Witches just relied on tanking attacks. That's a completely unreliable assertion. This game is designed by a different author, in a his own world with an entire extra brand of magic users. We do not know if Lugia tend to tank witches, speedy witches, esoteric logic witches, or whatever. There are a significant amount of witch types possible other than Physical tanky ones far too many to simply rely on pure power to be the end all especially in a class meant to be the versatile and esoteric.

It is even entirely possible to run into a witch who's big thing is Magic Resistance or who has a weird taboo feild and large environment hazard such as poison.

Focusing so direly on int to the detriment of everything is reckless. Especially this early with so supplements. the 40-50 range with a well buff wis, luck, and dex is more then enough starting out.

Especially considering the fact that an enemy is just as dead at 200 points overkill as at five hundred.

hp_oc___avril_the_bishounen_by_slygoddess-d3cxn4a.jpg

Well if you need a girly boy image this would do. I feel like it may look a bit young, but we are only fourteen or fifteen.

I'm still not in favor of dumping everything into one stat first off even if the GM says we're not going to die for it. It goes against my instincts as a gamer. We can start pouring more points into int as we go. We'll have a relatively frightening score anyway.

It brings us the most benefits. It lets us max out our skills. We will never have enough skill points. Never. So we should increase our int to get as many of them as possible as early as possible. That lets us get more skill points early on, starting a feedback loop of doom.

Robotninja said:
It brings us the most benefits. It lets us max out our skills. We will never have enough skill points. Never. So we should increase our int to get as many of them as possible as early as possible. That lets us get more skill points early on, starting a feedback loop of doom.
I'll assume that you meant the Passive and Active Skill points, which I'm afraid that you have to manually level it via practicing it.
If it's stat points, well, they're fixed. But it's true that the Int will slightly help you with grinding skills.
And so are the other stats. STR and DEX for Power Attack and Throwing Proficiency, VIT if you want to be able to tank better, or even get the Regeneration and Battle Healing, stuff like that. So do not diss the other stats~ ^_^;

You will neve have enough skill points. You can however have insufficient speed to use them. Beside. The sorceror trait is effectively free Int point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back