• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

QQ Writing Club

Managed 500 before I left for work. By a good margin. Another for tomorrow. Can we retroactively pledge? If so, I've gone a week with consistent writing as well.

. . . Pledge completed. Likely continuing by tomorrow morning.

A new day will be dawning soon in my timezone. As such, I wish to pledge an 800 words for tomorrow/today.

Little to no motivation or inspiration. Going with 300 for today.

So do you just post here saying how many words you've done today, or do you actually post those words somewhere?

So do you just post here saying how many words you've done today, or do you actually post those words somewhere?
Depends. It's pretty much honor system, so far. I've linked to my progress some of the time, and so have some of the others, but when I'm doing a small pledge, there's usually just part of a larger piece not ready to post yet. Today or tomorrow I'll probably be posting the results of my accumulated writing.

Last edited:
Hmm. I'm working on something else for a bit, and I'm not sure how to count revisions.

Whichever. Too late for today, but put me down for 500 by tomorrow.

I'm dialing back. Like. A lot. So that I can finish updating all my old chapters. I've been putting that off way too long.

Put me down for 1k (already done). At this rate I should be back up to normal sometime around Wednesday.

Heh. Maybe if I cheat and count a 10k chapter revised as 10k words written.

Hell, sure. I've got two hours. I'll try for 300 in that time.

Well. Not much new stuff, but fairly heavy revisions over about 10k words. So...that counts, I guess?

Sure. Call it 300, done.

Alright, I updated the front page with everyone's achievements while I was busy with funeral stuff. Starting new today, so there's nothing in the Yesterday spoiler for the moment.

Pledging 300

Dangit I've done 1k+ for the last 5 days (which is phenomenal for as lazy as I am) and just found this thread haha!

I don't know whether to pledge myself or not to be honest... I'm afraid that if I start making deadlines I'll kill the desire to write. I dunno.

Made my 500 pledge. Actually wrote about 1700, but that's what I pledged. Another tomorrow.

And that should be a week from me. I started March 22, and I've updated daily since then.

Dangit I've done 1k+ for the last 5 days (which is phenomenal for as lazy as I am) and just found this thread haha!

I don't know whether to pledge myself or not to be honest... I'm afraid that if I start making deadlines I'll kill the desire to write. I dunno.
I discourage thinking of them as deadlines. These challenges are meant to increase your productivity. The goal is to get everyone writing a little bit every day.

Meeting the smallest challenge is just as good as hitting the largest.

Made my 500 pledge. Actually wrote about 1700, but that's what I pledged. Another tomorrow.

And that should be a week from me. I started March 22, and I've updated daily since then.
I'll add you to the list for the banner. They get handed out every sunday to cut down on work for the mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back