• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

QQ Writing Club

I got my 3k. Which seems to be a great default.

Yeah, 3K for me tends to be one good idea or a few hours of work on something I've already got going. 5k can come easy when I'm really struck with inspiration, but without it I keep having to write in couple hundred word bursts and it sort of eats all the useful parts of my day.

Yeah, 3K for me tends to be one good idea or a few hours of work on something I've already got going. 5k can come easy when I'm really struck with inspiration, but without it I keep having to write in couple hundred word bursts and it sort of eats all the useful parts of my day.

Precisely. Although since I run my story in more or less bite sized fashion, 3k for me tends to be a pair of 1500-2k word chapters. 5k is when I get two extra large chapters that could have been three if things worked out differently.

Cutting it close today, but pledge met at 1895 words and counting.

Updated for a new day.

Got a lot of people cruising for a shiny new banner. Keep it up guys.

Going for the 1200 this time.

I won't be updating the front page for a few days. My grandmother died, so I'm back home. QQ doesn't seem to like my home internet. I don't really have the patience to fight it right now either.

If you have done your challenges everyday since last Sunday do me a solid and post it in the thread, please. I can't navigate pages well enough to check without my list, which I didn't think to bring. I will make sure you still get your banners.

I managed 900 out of 500 for A Change of Pace. Writing awkward romance is fun! I'll try to expand that to an even 1500 pledged if there are enough votes when I get back from work.

So had didn't get to pledge with the whole server dying thing, but I did 300 words.

I didn't get to pledge, either... sorta... but I got my 3k in and am working on another.

Also: made the weekly challenge.

EDIT: and succeeded.

Last edited:
Oh, I suppose I should make a pledge for today. 800 this time.

Also, with yesterday's completion, I've finished the weekly challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back