• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Wait Ruby suicides in the Ever After? The hell for? Jaune has more reason to then she does.

Basically she FINALLY gets some FUCKING CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, yells at everyone in a big fight, storms off, then fights her evil shadow self of all her dark emotions, kills it, and then returns.

And presumably all her character development is lost. AGAIN. But we'll never know for sure.

Wait Ruby suicides in the Ever After? The hell for? Jaune has more reason to then she does.

Let me put it this way:

Ruby, by the machinations of a body-snatching cat attempting to break her in order to possess her, experienced (for lack of a better way of explaining it) what it was like to be Jaune for 3 to 4 days (the constant feeling of self-hatred, of being a failure, of the constant guilt for said failures) and she broke.

Jaune, meanwhile, endured 20 years of: enduring Alyx's psychopathy and having her poisoning him, the Ever After itself doing its damndest to make him ascend, preventing the Paper Pleasers from suiciding AND enduring that same cat constantly trying to break him (the Cat has come to hate Jaune something fierce because no matter what it tried: Jaune. Did Not. Break). Jaune may have gone slightly loco as a defense mechanism in order to preserve the rest of his sanity, but Jaune never broke.

Last edited:
Let me put it this way:

Ruby, by the machinations of a body-snatching cat attempting to break her in order to possess her, experienced (for lack of a better way of explaining it) what it was like to be Jaune for 3 to 4 days (the constant feeling of self-hatred, of being a failure, of the constant guilt for said failures) and she broke.

Jaune, meanwhile, endured 20 years of: enduring Alyx's psychopathy and having her poisoning him, the Ever After itself doing its damndest to make him ascend, preventing the Paper Pleasers from suiciding AND enduring that same cat constantly trying to break him (the Cat has come to hate Jaune something fierce because no matter what it tried: Jaune. Did Not. Break). Jaune may have gone slightly loco as a defense mechanism in order to preserve the rest of his sanity, but Jaune never broke.

At some point, Rooster Teeth should have just admitted defeat and realized that yes, you made Jaune the actual protagonist.

At some point, Rooster Teeth should have just admitted defeat and realized that yes, you made Jaune the actual protagonist.

It was an inevitable outcome; Monty himself admitted that Jaune Arc was designed to be both a Jeanne D'Arc (name and talents) AND an Arthur Pendragon (character journey) allusion.

EDIT: People often forget that Arthur used to be clumsy and awkward as hell on his youth when he first started his journey. He doesn't become the uber-badass King of Knights and The Once and Future King until well on his adulthood.

Last edited:
It was an inevitable outcome; Monty himself admitted that Jaune Arc was designed to be both a Jeanne D'Arc (name and talents) AND an Arthur Pendragon (character journey) allusion.

All while wielding a sword named for the one held by Julius Caesar.

Yeah, they were not subtle.

All while wielding a sword named for the one held by Julius Caesar.

Yeah, they were not subtle.

Here's a list of Jaune Arc's allusions:
--Jeanne d'Arc
--Arthur Pendragon (shared with Ozpin; and Oscar by extension)
--Charaxus, the brother of Sappho of Lesbos (one of his sisters, Saphron Arc, is a Lesbian married to a woman originally named Terra Cotta)
--Prince Charming (EDIT: Made blatant in RWBY Chibi S2E19; when Jaune asks Ren to call him Felipe when running from Sun and Neptune)
--The Little Prince (shared with Oscar)
--The White Rabbit from "Alice in Wonderland" (as The Rusted Knight)
--The White Knight and The Red Knight from "Through the Looking Glass" (as The Rusted Knight)
--The titular Knight in Rusty Armor from "The Knight in Rusty Armor" (as The Rusted Knight)

EDIT2:

....if we go by allusions alone; Jaune could end up with either Ruby Rose (Prince Phillip's princess was Aurora, or as she was originally named: Briar Rose), or with Cinder Fall (Rhodopis, the original Cinderella, ends married to Charaxus)....

....Or he could end up dying a fiery death; who knows?

Last edited:
Probably a good thing Rooster Teeth didnt get to finish RWBY. Cause I give very high odds of Jaune, Ren, and Nora not making it past Salem. Hell id bet Jaune dies burning alive but not before either killing or majorly maiming Cinder.

Probably a good thing Rooster Teeth didnt get to finish RWBY. Cause I give very high odds of Jaune, Ren, and Nora not making it past Salem. Hell id bet Jaune dies burning alive but not before either killing or majorly maiming Cinder.

See; that would be the obvious outcome to a Jeanne allusion; but in my part I think that instead; THAT part of Jeanne's legend will instead manifest as Jaune's Semblance, be it as an evolution or as an overclock state.

See; that would be the obvious outcome to a Jeanne allusion; but in my part I think that instead; THAT part of Jeanne's legend will instead manifest as Jaune's Semblance, be it as an evolution or as an overclock state.
Jaune: Holy fuck im on fire!
Yang: Hey thats my gimmick!
Jaune: Unlike yours mines actually useful

If they want to be cruel they could go full inversion.

Instead of burning to death he gets drowned....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back