• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Wait....

If Jaune hooked his dad up with his mom, who did he take to the dance?

I wonder.....
Probably Glynda.
Though Glynda might have been a prodigy who skipped grades, so she could have been (maybe much) younger than Jaune's parents were back then, and maybe even younger than Jaune back then (depending on how old Jaune is/was when he was back then).
Time travel grammar is annoying.

Also, Jaune might have had to hook up Raven and Taiyang instead of his own parents, to make sure that Yang, and later on Ruby, exist.
The Jaune Time Machine story doesn't have to be a one-to-one of BttF.

A few more prompts:

-We need more cities and provinces for Remnant. More history, more background. So, create a province, a nation or city-state that joined with the bigger Kingdoms or remains independent.

-Given the eccentricities of the Arc family, what are their neighbors like?

-What are some potential hijinks for teams CRDL and CVFY to get up to? RWBY and JNPR can't have all the fun.

-Give me ideas for Jack Arc, Jaune's long lost evil twin!

-Neo as Jaune's childhood friend.

Not sure if this fits in this thread or the NFSW thread?

Cardin is super racist, Blake is super racist, they get lost from their teams on a mission and get into an argument, the hate sex is mind blowing and earth shattering, confusion abounds.

A few more prompts:

-We need more cities and provinces for Remnant. More history, more background. So, create a province, a nation or city-state that joined with the bigger Kingdoms or remains independent.

-What are some potential hijinks for teams CRDL and CVFY to get up to? RWBY and JNPR can't have all the fun.

-Give me ideas for Jack Arc, Jaune's long lost evil twin!

- The only thing I can think of is to steal cities/town/places from other media and drop it in, like dropping Yharnam from Bloodborne in Mantle and have either Weiss or Jaune related to the Vilebloods, like it's still a hellish murder hole of a place but it's normalised, (grandma: oh hello dear would you like some tea? stabs a random person in the neck as he runs by, would you like some biscuits?) kinda like London, someone is as likely to stab you as much as to shake your hand,

- Sick and tired of the Arc families shit, there has to be at least one guy doing the whole Dinkleberg meme.

- CDRL guys night out turns into an epic road trip across remnant, insanity and high jinks ensue, CVFY Velvet invites her team to her families BBQ, Aussie silliness intensifies.

- She taught him how to stab people just right and how to loot their bodies for any goods in a quick and efficient manner.

Merging posts

Last edited:
The Time Machine 4
- - -

October 21st, 2002 AA 9:47 AM

Radian, Gallia, Vale, North Sanus

- - -

Doc burst back into his lab, charging in before diving into the various filing cabinets and computers left around. Jaune, Ruby and Yang followed. Jaune's face was deeply concerned, while Ruby was excited and Yang was confused.

"No no no, why is everything-Did you organize everything?" Doc demanded Jaune. Jaune shook his head.

"No Doc, of course not! Um... Ruby did it. She's the engineer."

"Well thanks, now I can't find anything!" Doc huffed. Ruby winced.

"Um, sorry Doctor Brown..."

"I appreciate that a fellow scientist," Doc found a rubber ducky, squeezed it for the squeak, then tossed it over his shoulder, "Needs a space reflective of their inner mind to work best," He held up a pair of racy panties, and raised an eyebrow. Jaune and Yang blushed.

"Um, mine?" Yang managed. Doc tossed it to her, then raised his eyebrow at Jaune. He coughed.

"Ah... I think the memories are catching up with me, Doc... Sorry."

Ruby blushed bright red.

"You two-In the lab-!"

"Oh, it's no worse than what Clara and I have done," Doc chuckled, digging through another cabinet and tossing back a revolver, a Beowulf plushy, and a pair of walkie talkies, "You'd be amazed how liberated a 19th century woman can be-"

"Doc, please," Jaune groaned, as Yang and Ruby paled.

"Anyway!" Doc said quickly, finally pulling a pack of chalk from the cabinet. He rushed over to the old fashioned blackboard Ruby had covered in diagrams, before flipping it over to the unused side, "To break it down simply: When I originally invented the time machine, I thought the two most likely forms that time travel could take were: A, self contained loop time travel."

He drew a loop on the blackboard, and marked off two points on either side of the circle.

"That is, you went back in time and you were ALWAYS meant to go back in time so you were ALWAYS back there in the past, meaning no paradox resulted!" Doc crossed that out, then shifted over and drew one line, before drawing two branches, "Or, B: Multiverse theory. Every time you jump back in time, you create a parallel universe where you were there, different from the original reality where you weren't."

"But instead," Ruby chirped, "You found out that it's more like Professor Niven's theory of Dynamic Time travel! Where you CAN change things in the past, and the timeline changes accordingly!"

Doc turned and nodded with a broad smile.

"Yes! Very good, young lady!"

Ruby beamed. Yang looked even more lost. Jaune, used to Doc's patter, just smiled a bit in nostalgia despite his concern.

Doc turned back to the blackboard and scribbled a wavy line through both theories.

"Though it turns out even Doctor Niven's theories were inadequate to explain the complexities of temporal displacement! In a way, all three theories can be true depending on the precise temporal alignment factors!"

"So, wait," Jaune blinked, "What, you mean I was always supposed to go back in time and change things?"

"Possibly! There's still so much we don't know about time travel," Doc said with a nod. He pulled out the future newspaper and held it out. "For instance! The original 2030 we went to has remained in a state of temporal flux since we visited! And the newspaper reflects this! Look! It changed again!"

Indeed, the "APOCALYPSE: NOW?" headline changed to a completely blank roll of newspaper. Jaune frowned as he examined the print out.

"Why is it blank now?"

"Most likely it means that nothing was printed on this piece of paper, suggesting many possibilities," Doc stated, rushing about the lab almost frantically, "The printer for this newspaper was destroyed, or damaged, or ran out of ink! The building it was in may have collapsed-There are multiple reasons! But the flux is still active, meaning that whatever event led to that occurring is still a possibility!"

The newspaper shifted again, to one about... Jaune blinked.

"Huh? That's us!"

Yang and Ruby crowded around. A picture of Jaune, Ruby, and Yang standing in front of the gates of Vacuo appeared. The headline read: "TEAMS RWBY AND JNOR ARRIVE: IMMINENT DOOM FOR US ALL?"

"Wait, imminent Doom?" Yang demanded. "Time travel? I... What the hell is going on?!"

She glared at Jaune.

"Seriously, I have been so damn confused since this started, I've had to keep myself from punching something!"

"Please don't, there's a lot of sensitive equipment in here," Jaune sighed. Something banged, and the teenagers jumped. Doc sat up from behind a desk, his hair smoking.

"Oh, that's not it. Don't mind me!" Doc said, waving his hand. "Is it the Vacuo one?"

"Yeah?" Jaune said.

"That's fairly common," Doc said with a nod, "Apparently in one reality, Pyrrha dies at Vytal, and you all go on a globe trotting adventure after Cinder Fall!"

"Who's this twink boy?" Yang asked with a snort, pointing at a dusky young man with cane standing nervously in the picture.

"Latest host for Ozpin," Doc said.

"Huh?!" Jaune, Ruby and Yang all gasped.

"Long story, spoilers, don't worry about it!" Doc stated. "You explain things to your girlfriend, Jaune!"

Doc rushed off to another cabinet full of tools. Jaune sighed and turned to the expectant Yang.

"Okay, so... Just before I started at Beacon, I became Doc's assistant. He promised me beer and lien to help him with his science experiments and clean up the place. And he, uh... Well, he invented a time machine, and... Things got a little complicated..."

"He kissed his own mom!" Ruby added. Jaune groaned.

"RUBY! Do you HAVE to keep bringing that up?!"

"Ruby knew?!" Yang demanded. Jaune coughed.

"I mean, she and Penny kind of figured it out-"

"Great Scott!" Doc gasped. "You mean to tell me the Atlasian Military's most advanced gynoid knows all about the time machine?!"

"I mean, I didn't tell her everything!" Jaune insisted, "And she promised she'd keep it a secret! Besides, don't you know her dad?"

"Yes, but those college beer parties were a long time ago," Doc sighed. He pulled out a spark plug and added it to the collection of pieces and parts he'd been assembling.

"So... You kissed your mom?" Yang asked dryly. Jaune shook his head.

"Basically I interrupted the moment when my parents would actually fall in love and uh... Had to get creative to ensure they hooked up. It did work out in the end-"

"And then he created a nightmarish alternate reality where some guy named Rais became the richest and most powerful man in Vale," Ruby chirped up, "Who killed his dad and married his mom and made us his maids-"

"His what?!" Yang demanded.

"You told her about that, too?!" Doc demanded, now using a soldering iron on some components. Jaune sighed.

"I kind of had to! To make sure she knew how dangerous time travel was!"

"And then they ended up in 1900 and had to push the Gelorean time machine up to 88 mph with a train, sending the train over an incomplete bridge and into Westwood Ravine!" Ruby concluded.

Yang gaped in disbelief at Jaune, who was rubbing the back of his head nervously.

"Wait... You were Slynt Westwood?! The guy who went into that ravine?!"

"Er... Yeah, and the actor took the name apparently," Jaune shrugged, "I couldn't exactly use my real name, could I?"

"And today," Ruby concluded, bouncing up and down on her heels, "Jaune took the Gelorean back to the Vytal attack to save Pyrrha! Though um..." She eyed Yang's arm, "He also did some other things."

"What other things?" Yang demanded.

Jaune sighed.

- - -

June 1st, 2002, 03:12 PM

Beacon Academy, Vale, Central Sanus

- - -

The smart thing to do would have been to just wait by Beacon's tower with the Gelorean under optical camo. To not interfere any more than he had to.

Jaune had tried. Breaker Above, he had tried.

But he couldn't just stand by while all those innocent people suffered. So... He'd donned his old Slynt Westwood park and hat, put on a bandanna, taken his Dust shotgun and revolver, and set the Gelorean to wait for him in stealth mode.

He'd started simply and as discretely as he could: Taking out Grimm around the base of the Tower. He'd trained to shoot with a shotgun pretty well, given he was a farm boy. He also had plenty of rounds, and good aim.

Unfortunately, he'd had to deal with some White Fang soldiers who opened fire on them. He returned fire easily, but he'd had to run and take some cover in a study room. He was ducking underneath a window, reloading... When he heard it.

"Adam!"

Jaune looked up. He saw Blake staring at a tall, redheaded Faunus man in black. He was carrying a blood red katana, and sneering.

"Mi amor... I found you at last."

"I-I won't run!" Blake gasped, pale in fright even as she went for Gambol Shroud.

"You will," Adam sneered. He moved, fencing with Blake furiously. He knocked her weapon out of her hand, and smacked her in the face with the flat end of the blade. He then kicked her.

"UGH!"

Jaune gritted his teeth. He couldn't interfere... He couldn't...!

"YOU!"

He saw Yang leaping for Adam, her Aura ablaze. He saw her extending her fist-The one that Adam would cut off.

I can't interfere-!

Jaune rose and fired his shotgun at Adam. The White Fang leader took the first hit, then swung. He unleashed a Moonslice at Yang, point blank.

"DUCK!" Jaune screamed. Yang dropped down, a few hairs cut loose from the top of her head. She got back up, and barely blocked Adam's next sword blow. The force of it still sent her flying into the nearby wall.

Jaune laid down a withering hail of cover fire, Adam deflected every shot, charging him.

"You'll regret this, human," Adam snarled. He swung and unleashed another Moonslice. Jaune dropped to his knees and let loose with his revolvers. Two rounds hit Adam and staggered him as the Moonslice flew over Jaune's head. The blast knocked his hat off, but Jaune got right back up and switched to his sword. He swung furiously, fencing with Adam as best he could...

The White Fang leader was better, as he parried and knocked Crocea Mors right out of his hand. Jaune stared at the red tip of the katana. Adam snarled.

"Time to put you down-!"

Shotgun blasts at point blank from Yang's Ember Celica struck Adam in his side. He swung his blade again, and Yang leaped up over the Moonslice he unleashed to fire more rounds. Jaune charged and shoulder checked Adam, allowing Yang to get a punch in on the Faunus' chin.

"AUGH!" He cried, flying backwards through the nearby wall. Yang and Jaune were left standing there, panting for breath. Yang looked over at him, and stared.

"Jaune? How the hell did you get down here?!"

Jaune paled. His bandanna had slipped off. He shook his head.

"N-Nevermind that! He's down but he's not out," Jaune said. "The Sith Family has a Bullhead. They're friends of mine. You gotta get Ruby and anyone else you can to Landing Pad B! We'll all get to Radian that way!"

"I can't just leave-!" Yang protested, but Jaune shook his head.

"You have to. Please, Yang. For me? I'll be there in an hour, but you have to trust me. Please?"

Yang stared at him. She then slowly nodded.

"I... All right," she said, "I owe you one for saving me."

Jaune shrugged, and smiled a bit.

"Friends don't carry debts," he said simply. "Now, get Blake and-"

The black cat Faunus had vanished. Jaune grimaced, as Yang looked around.

"Blake? BLAKE!"

In the original timeline, Blake had run off after dropping Yang at the Bullhead landing platform. He could only hope she had followed the script this time. If not...

Can't think about that now!

"No time!" Jaune insisted. "Get going! I've gotta go back up Pyrrha!"

Yang slowly nodded.

"All right... But don't you go dying on me, Vomit Boy." She pulled him into a kiss. "Mwah..."

"Ah...?" Jaune managed. Yang blushed, and shrugged.

"What? You manned up and good. I think that deserves a kiss, right VB?"

"Same to you, Firecracker," Jaune shot back with a smile.

Yang ran off. Jaune whipped out his Scroll, and brought up the Rocket Locker Control Network. Yup, there he was: About to land on the outskirts of the campus. He adjusted the course... And then sent a short text to his other self's scroll.

"Hopefully, I'll know what I'm doing," Jaune muttered. The message was sent and the Rocket Locker changed course: Not too far from where he had landed, but just close enough he could have believably been in this area. He let out a sigh.

"I think it's time to get to the Gelorean again," he muttered. He hated having to wait... But if he kept interfering, who knew what might happen?

- - -

Sylvester "Sly" Cooper, retired master thief and now international security consultant, lives in Radian with his fiancee, Inspector Carmelita Fox. The Cooper Gang, all retired, also live nearby as well.

One Dr. Doofenshmirtz maintains a lab in Radian.

An elderly couple with a rather peculiar pink dog.

The entire Sith family, who are basically Scottish hooligans in cat faunus skin. They really don't like Menagerians or the White Fang.

Headcanon, Neo's parents made their money via the dairy products trade in the city of Vale, and alot of the milk/cream used in the ice cream they made, came from Radian. So naturally Neo and her family visited often while she, and Jaune were growing up.

"And then they ended up in 1900 and had to push the Gelorean time machine up to 88 mph with a train, sending the train over an incomplete bridge and into Westwood Ravine!" Ruby concluded.

Yang gaped in disbelief at Jaune, who was rubbing the back of his head nervously.

"Wait... You were Slynt Westwood?! The guy who went into that ravine?!"

Did Jaune become a Valean folk hero by accident?

Jaune the Cunning Tactician
So... We're mostly told that Jaune is a clever strategist in RWBY and... We mostly don't see that. Hence why fanfiction's taken up the slack.

Jaune though might just be fairly cunning.

- - -

Jaune ends up confronting Adam during Vytal. He crash landed his rocket locker nearby. He had his sword and shield out, as Adam glared death at him. Behind him was an injured Blake Belladonna.

"J-Jaune... Please run...!" Blake begged.

"Too late," Adam stated. "Your pet human can't protect you, mi amor."

He lifted his sword up.

"Any last words, human?"

Jaune took a deep breath.

"Yeah," his eyes went wide and he pointed behind Adam, "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!"

Blake gaped at this.

Wha... Is that his idea?! There's no way he could-!

Adam turned and stared back.

"What? What is it, you worthless-?"

Jaune turned, threw Blake over his shoulder, and ran for his life out the door.

"... How... How did that work?!" Blake gasped.

Jaune grinned.

"I'm very convincing when I have to be!"

Adam roared in rage, and unleashed a Moonslice right through the wall behind Jaune. Blake gaped at him. He grinned, though far more nervously.

"And a VERY fast runner!"

Last edited:
"Yeah," his eyes went wide and he pointed behind Adam, "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!"

Blake gaped at this.

"What? What is it, you worthless-?"

Jaune turned, threw Blake over his shoulder, and ran for his life out the door.
Nani?! Nobody told me that Jaune was a descendant of the Joestars.

Blake gaped at this.

You know that part from Blazing Saddles?

"Baby, you are so talented, and they are so dumb......"

Finding Blake
I couldn't help it, I was watching some old Chris Rock on YouTube and had a thought: "Could Jaune use that to help them find Blake when she ran?"

Ruby recruits JNPR to help them find Blake, but they've found nothing, until Jaune thinks of bringing out his last resort.

Yang: "Its been hours, we'll never find her"
Ruby: " Don't say that Yang! We just have to keep trying!"
Jaune: "....I may have a solution"
Ren: "What? You couldn't have said anything earlier?"
Ruby: "Really Jaune!? Really!? What is it? Tell us, Please!"
Jaune: ".....So you know how Blake's whole thing is fighting racism?"
Ren: "...Jaune, No"
Yang: "I don't think I'm gonna like where this is going"
Jaune: "It's our only hope! We've been out here since lunch and I need to catch up on X-Ray & Vav! I have to do this!"
Ren: "Jaune Stop!! Think about your life! Blake. Will. KILL YOU!"
Jaune: "That's a risk I'm willing to take. Ruby! Protect Me!"
Ruby: *Still not understanding the implications* "Got it!"
Jaune: *Breathes deeply and mutters a prayer* "Haaaah...... SOMEBODY STOP THAT CRITTER!"
Ruby: *Drops Crescent Rose in shock as she spins around* "WHAT!?"
Ren: "Oh boy, here we go..."
Yang: *A horrified mumble* "And with a hard R too..."
Meanwhile, in the distance and closing at speeds comparable to a Beacon Rocket Locker, a cry echoes out from a Block or two away: "That's Racist!!!"
Jaune: *Pulling up hood to hide from the crowd starring at him* "Found her"

Last edited:
I couldn't help it, I was watching some old Chris Rock on YouTube and had a thought: "Could Jaune use that to help them find Blake when she ran?"

Ruby recruits JNPR to help them find Blake, but they've found nothing, until Jaune thinks of bringing out his last resort.

Yang: "Its been hours, we'll never find her"
Ruby: " Don't say that Yang! We just have to keep trying!"
Jaune: "....I may have a solution"
Ren: "What? You couldn't have said anything earlier?"
Ruby: "Really Jaune!? Really!? What is it? Tell us, Please!"
Jaune: ".....So you know how Blake's whole thing is fighting racism?"
Ren: "...Jaune, No"
Yang: "I don't think I'm gonna like where this is going"
Jaune: "It's our only hope! We've been out here since lunch and I need to catch up on X-Ray & Vav! I have to do this!"
Ren: "Jaune Stop!! Think about your life! Blake. Will. KILL YOU!"
Jaune: "That's a risk I'm willing to take. Ruby! Protect Me!"
Ruby: *Still not understanding the implications* "Got it!"
Jaune: *Breathes deeply and mutters a prayer* "Haaaah...... SOMEBODY STOP THAT CRITTER!"
Ruby: *Drops Crescent Rose in shock as she spins around* "WHAT!?"
Ren: "Oh boy, here we go..."
Yang: *A horrified mumble* "And with a hard R too..."
Meanwhile, in the distance and closing at speeds comparable to a Beacon Rocket Locker, a cry echoes out from a Block or two away: "That's Racist!!!"
Jaune: *Pulling up hood to hide from the crowd starring at him* "Found her"

Later everyone finds out the secret of the faunus. The only thing more racist to a faunus than a human is other faunus.

I'm just picturing Blake and her family sitting down to dinner, maybe with some other cat faunus guest, and velvet just kicks in the door.

"What's up nya-ggers!"

Later everyone finds out the secret of the faunus. The only thing more racist to a faunus than a human is other faunus.

I'm just picturing Blake and her family sitting down to dinner, maybe with some other cat faunus guest, and velvet just kicks in the door.

"What's up nya-ggers!"
Truth of the white fang, formed not to stop human racism, but to stop Faunus on Faunus racism.

Ah, the Westwood secret technique, popularized by the film industry as "historically accurate," the one movie goers think is hilariously useless and wrong because no one would actually be stupid enough to fall for it, and the technique that has never failed Jaune - except maybe that one time but no one talks about it because that future probably doesn't exist anymore.

More prompts and ideas:

>A "Career Fair" is held at Beacon by various concerns hoping to lock in or recruit young Hunters-in-Training. Some of the organizations hiring include:

-Schnee Dust Company for their security forces (Great way to introduce Jacque's Dragon/Lancer).

-Atlasian Military

-Valean Rangers

-The hospital Arc-En-Ciel in Radian (Isabel looking for combat medics)

-And so on! Get creative!

>Darkness is not an Arc. Rather, she's Pyrrha's cousin. That makes things a bit awkward when Aqua Arc comes to visit her little brother.

>Ruby and Jaune try their first cooperative stream... Which turns into a date.

>Ruby is unhappy that Jaune's attention keeps getting eaten up by pursuing Weiss. She's HIS best friend, damnit! How can she get his attention?

>Nana Arturia visits Beacon to support Shirou as he's giving a cooking class... But she decides to give her great-grandson and his friends some lessons of her own.

>Yang finds out Jaune's nursing a baby fox back to health. She finds it kind of dorky but endearing, and helps him out. They bond a bit.

Dark Knight Zero said this, over on spacebattles. I thought this was a good idea and felt like sharing it here.
So all credit to him.
Dark Knight Zero said:
An Idea I remembered from the very first RWBY fanfic thread, way back when the show first came out. Jaune Arc, Horror Monster Hunter. The general idea was that Jaune specialized in fighting against monsters, like Slenderman in the original snippet if I'm remembering correctly, instead of Grimm. Maybe he fought against things like Skinwalkers or Wendigo or the like? Maybe the things people think are Creepypasta are actually real, and he encounters, survives, and or defeats them. So when Yang and Nora decide to tell the two teams scary stories about Beacon that they heard as rumors, Jaune's only reaction is to go:

Jaune: "Ah crap. Here we go again."

Dark Knight Zero said this, over on spacebattles. I thought this was a good idea and felt like sharing it here.
So all credit to him.
So hes one of those people who when things go bump in the night he bumps back? Would he be a strong fighter or keep to his strategic roots? Cause lets be honest most of the entities in that genre require a quick and clever thinker to take down or find the weakness of.

So hes one of those people who when things go bump in the night he bumps back? Would he be a strong fighter or keep to his strategic roots? Cause lets be honest most of the entities in that genre require a quick and clever thinker to take down or find the weakness of.
strategic roots, definitely the strategic roots, with a specialty in non-grimms monsters, less supernatural and more scooby-doo with real monsters. I think we might have talked about jaune and his sisters being paranormal investigators, something like that or this.

Last edited:
Lines of Succession 5
- - -

Nurse Tsune looked over at Pyrrha in some concern. The racoon Faunus frowned a bit as Pyrrha sat in her wheelchair, arms crossed under her chest as she glared at the two railings in the tower gym.

"We can start any time you like-"

"No," Pyrrha stated quietly, "I'm... I'm going to wait for Jaune."

Tsune slowly nodded. She sat in a nearby chair. The only sounds in the gym were those of a digital clock softly beeping on the far wall, and the sounds of traffic in the streets far below.

Tsune looked upon Pyrrha in no small amount of sympathy. The girl had barely survived her fight against Cinder, and the boy she cared for... Well, he was now king and engaged to another woman.

No wonder the redhead had been so... Lost. So sullen.

The doors to the gym opened. Tsune rose to greet the no-doubt royal visitor.

"Your... Majesty?"

Blake Belladonna fit the bill, but was not the royal Tsune was expecting. She was still in her elegant black dress with a silver circlet around her head. She nodded politely.

"Hello Nurse Tsune. May I speak with Pyrrha alone, please?"

Tsune eyed Pyrrha. The redhead hadn't stirred. She was just glaring off into the distance.

"Of course. Just uh, let me back in if anything to her vitals changes," she said. She held up her Scroll. "They're linked to my Scroll but... Never hurts to be extra careful."

Blake nodded with a soft smile.

"Of course. Thank you, Nurse Tsune."

"Your Majesty," Tsune said, awkwardly nodding before she bustled out of the room. She slid the doors shut behind her... Then discreetly picked a chair in the hallway that would let her keep an eye on both young women.

She wasn't eavesdropping or spying. She was just doing her job to ensure neither of these ladies died.

Given the situation, that possibility was very strong...

- - -

Pyrrha barely registered Blake's existence. It was all she could do. The instincts that told her to smile, to be polite, to-to hide her feelings... Well... Apparently Cinder wrecked those.

The instincts were there, but the will to execute her training? Totally gone.

There was nothing but a deep, sullen ache.

Blake walked in front of her, hands awkwardly squeezing one another in front of her stomach. She frowned deeply.

"You... They say you're getting better," Blake offered.

Pyrrha barely nodded. She couldn't meet Blake's eyes.

Blake knelt down, seeking her gaze. Pyrrha sucked in a deep breath.

"Congratulations," she managed quietly.

Blake shook her head.

"Pyrrha... I didn't do it to spite you. You know this."

The earnestness in Blake's voice, the pleading in her eyes... Pyrrha closed her eyes tightly.

"I know," she murmured. "Jaune..."

She paused, the pain sending her thoughts grinding to a halt. She shut her eyes.

"Jaune... Would do anything to save innocent people," Pyrrha whispered. The tears still came.

Blake took Pyrrha's hands in between hers. Pyrrha looked up, as Blake shook her head rapidly.

"No, Pyrrha. He did it for you. Do... Do you know everything he went through after you launched him?"

Pyrrha opened her mouth, but no words came. Blake charged on, her usually quiet voice very animated.

"When he crashlanded, he was found by Cardin and some of his father's men. They were going to assault the old backup control station for Vale's automated defense network. Try to reboot it. Jaune put together a plan and led them in the assault. He destroyed ten Knight drones just getting the engineers to the door!"

Pyrrha's eyes widened. Ten Knight Drones... She would have been able to handle that fairly easily, but Jaune? Even with backup?!

"Then," Blake went on, "He stormed into the nearest police station. They got a judge to swear him in as King over the police radio, and he ordered every Bullhead and airship that could be found to be loaded up and readied to retake Beacon. He led them all to storm Beacon and save anyone he could... Including me."

Blake flushed and shook her head.

"He managed to make Adam Taurus flee... With a lot of firepower from several gunships, but still."

"I..." Pyrrha's eyes watered a bit.

"Then," Blake said, "I got a call from my father. Menagerie wanted to render assistance... But they needed a treaty to do it legally. And to make sure they didn't get shot down by Vale. So... So I offered to marry Jaune. To get their help... He didn't even hesitate. And right after we agreed to an engagement, he had me take Yang and Ruby somewhere safe... And asked for volunteers to go save you."

Pyrrha sniffled. Blake nodded firmly.

"He said 'We're saving Pyrrha and killing the bitch who caused this. Failure is not an option.' So no... No. He didn't do all of this for me. He did it for you, Pyrrha."

Tears poured down her cheeks freely. She sobbed softly, and accepted the awkward hug Blake gave her.

It took her a few minutes to calm down. Blake held her the whole time, gently rubbing her back.

"Pyrrha... He married me to save Vale... But he loves you," Blake murmured.

"I... Even after I sent him away...?" Pyrrha sniffled. Blake nodded.

"I know it."

Pyrrha again bowed her head in shame.

"I sent him away... I wanted to keep him safe... I-I didn't think... Even I didn't think he could do anything but... But die..."

She sobbed again. Blake tightened her hug.

"None of us did, Pyrrha," Blake murmured, "But that's... That's not your fault. He proved us wrong... And it's good that he did so."

Pyrrha nodded, the pride in her heart for her student rising slightly. Yet seeing the wedding ring on Blake's finger just made the pain come back.

"And," Blake said softly, cupping Pyrrha's chin in her hand, "I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make him happy. You make him happy, Pyrrha. I would be a fool to exclude you from... From our relationship."

Pyrrha blinked. Her cheeks, even still covered in bandages, went bright red.

"I... Uh... Wh-What...?"

Blake smiled a bit impishly.

"I'm not going to push the issue. It's up to you... But if you truly love Jaune, I... I don't want to make either of you unhappy."

"... But you won't step aside," Pyrrha asked quietly. Blake shook her head.

"No. I... I've seen what you saw in him..."

She gently pressed her forehead against Pyrrha's.

"But I'm... Happy to share." She blushed. "It's not like..." Her eyes drifted lower over Pyrrha's body, "Not like I... Haven't thought about you."

Pyrrha's blush got far worse. She stuttered.

"I-I um... I-I don't-"

"It's okay," Blake said softly, rubbing Pyrrha's hands, "It's okay. We'll take it slow. I just... I want to make things clear. Yes, I am going to be his wife. I... I'm happy to be that. But I... I want to make you and him happy. And I don't want to be selfish. Besides... Vale does allow for polygamy. And it might be good politically if he has at least one human wife."

Pyrrha gaped a bit... But slowly nodded.

"I... Um... I-I have to... Have to think about it..."

"I understand," Blake said softly. She squeezed her hands together. "Just know... Please... You're going to have a place in our family. Jaune wouldn't have it any other way, and neither would I."

She slowly rose, still holding Pyrrha's hand. The doors to the gym slid open, and Jaune entered.

"Sorry I'm late, had to handle some... Some other stuff," Jaune said. He took in the sight of his fiance and the girl who said she loved him with a wary expression.

"Everything all right?" He asked quietly.

"Just fine," Blake said with a small smile, "I just... Wanted to clear some things up."

She stepped away from Pyrrha. She walked up to Jaune, and kissed his cheek.

"I'll be right outside," she said softly, before with a swish of her dress she was out the doors. As soon as they slid shut, Jaune looked back to Pyrrha. He smiled warmly, and walked up to her. He knelt down in front of her, resting his hands on the arm rests of the wheelchair.

"The doctors say you're going to be fine," Jaune said happily, "My mother's being flown in. She's an amazing doctor, she'll get you back to one hundred percent and better in no time."

"I..." Pyrrha flushed and slowly nodded. "Thank you, Jaune... O-Or your Majesty-"

"You never have to call me that," Jaune stated firmly. "Never."

She blushed harder. She rather liked Jaune's commanding tone.

"I uh... I am sorry I haven't been around a lot," Jaune said quietly. "Being a king is... It's a lot of responsibility. Especially when I have no idea how to do it."

"I... I understand," Pyrrha said softly. Jaune took a deep breath.

"When you're well... I-I want you to be part of my royal guard, Pyrrha. Cinder's still out there. So is her boss. We need to find them, and stop them."

Pyrrha nodded again.

"I'll be ready. I promise, Jaune," she murmured.

Jaune let out another sigh. His features drooped a little.

"About... What you said..."

"Jaune, I-I'm so sorry!" Pyrrha blurted out. "I-I didn't know... I just didn't want you to-"

Jaune held up his hand, and shook his head.

"No... No. If I'd tried to fight Cinder with you? ... I'd have just gotten in the way," he said. He sighed. "If anything? You put me in a position to save Vale... And you." He looked up into her eyes.

"If anyone's the hero... It's you, Pyrrha."

Pyrrha sniffled, and smiled softly.

"I... I hate it when you're so down on yourself," she murmured. Jaune chuckled.

"Y-Yeah... I figured... I... But it's hard not to be. I was so stupid and..." He sighed.

"Listen... I... It's been a whirlwind. Okay? I've barely had time to think about... About my feelings and-and everything... I want to be honest with you, but I don't... I mean..."

Pyrrha took his hands between hers, as Blake had done. She smiled warmly.

"Let's... Take it slow," she said softly. "All right? I talked with Blake. She's... Um..." Her cheeks warmed.

"She's... Not threatened by me. And she wants to make you happy. So... So I'm all right with her and you... And all that."

At Jaune's concerned look, she nodded.

"For the most part," she said softly. "But... We'll figure it out. All right?"

Jaune smiled warmly, though his eyes were still confused.

"Um, yeah, totally," he said with a nod. He smiled.

"So... You ready to start walking again?"

"Absolutely," Pyrrha said firmly. Jaune smiled back, and helped her up to her feet. He guided her slowly to the horizontal bars, and let her grasp onto them as he held her under her armpits. The close contact that resulted warmed Pyrrha all over.

"Your Majesty!" Nurse Tsune and Blake burst back in. The racoon Faunus gaped. "I uh..."

"Am I holding her incorrectly?" Jaune asked. Tsune shook her head.

"N-No... But uh... Isn't that something I should do?"

Jaune smiled up at Pyrrha.

"She's been holding me up long enough. I should return the favor."

Pyrrha blushed... And glanced over to see Blake blushing too.

"I... I know I won't fall," she murmured. Jaune beamed.

"I won't let you. Ever. It's a promise."

Her heart fluttered, and the pains and aches in her recovering body seemed to fade away in Jaune's warm smile.

- - -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back