• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

- Due to many drunk gambling nights, Nick Arc has won multiple engagements of daughters for the many future sons he will have (or he bet his future sons hands in marriage and lost), like Yang, Ruby, Pyrrha, Weiss, Glynda, May, Blake, Velvet, and Neo (and maybe more).
One small problem, he only had one son, and the other parents have already invested too much time, effort and/or money into it to take no for an answer, so Jaune is now engaged to a bunch of girls (or two problems, because there are more engagements than he has kids).

Just go full Ranma 1/2 with it.
The one big difference is that they all like and get along with each other.
This has several consequences, though all kinds of shenanigans still happen due to all the wild, different and zany personalities they all have.
All of them get different things out of the poly relationship, which amongst be benefits are.
  1. Everyone helps each other out achieving their dreams and further each other's romantic relationships, both with Jaune and the others.
  2. Yang and Blake both live the Bisexual (perverted) dream, with a bunch of hot girls and a nice, cute, dorky but still muscular and hot guy.
  3. Ruby, May and Velvet have a bunch of buddies all in one turn, who don't care about their eccentricities and/or shyness.
  4. Pyrrha and Weiss get a bunch of friends who aren't there just for their fame, money and titles.
  5. Pyrrha, Glynda, May and Neo are in a relationship with a hunk who literally hits all of their buttons at all times.
  6. Yang wants to live a life of adventure and have fun, and here's always something interesting going on with this group.
  7. Glynda and Weiss suddenly have a whole new information and support network that solves so many of their problems (Weiss can ask friends and family of her "sisters" to hinder her father from doing horrible things without risking retaliation, and Glynda can just ask what's going on amongst the students).
  8. Ruby and Blake want to help people, and now they have a whole bunch of support and help to do it (the power of friendship is meta, just like IRL).
  9. Jaune gets to have relationships with all these amazing women, and with all of them combined, he won't destroy them by accident with his near-impossible endurance and virility.
-Roman Torchwick was Taiyang Xiao-Long's childhood friend. As a result, while Roman tries to keep his criminal life out of things, he, Ruby, Yang, and Tai do have a friendly relationship. How would that change things?
If Roman was Taiyang Xiao-Long's childhood friend and Ruby and Yang know him on friendly terms, then they would also have to know Neo, probably also of friendly terms, maybe even being childhood friends and them learning sign language.
This would also mean that Neo would not be so antagonistic when she fights with them, and would try quite hard to hide any of her involvement in the schemes of the villains.

Doctor Knowall New
- - -

Jaune Arc gaped at the Ursa that had been in his path... Or rather, what was left of it. The monster had been demolished by one blow from the stranger who stood before him. He turned to Jaune, panting a bit.

He was tall, taller than Jaune. A bit wiry but obviously well built. He wore green combat trousers and black boots, along with a long sleeved black shirt over tactical gear. And over all of that was a heavy, worn, but cared for white doctor's coat.

He wore sunglasses and a wide brimmed hat, but the hair poking out from under it was blond and Jaune caught a glimpse of blue eyes in a face covered in a neatly trimmed beard.

"Idiot," the man sighed, "What were you thinking?"

"I uh..." Jaune winced. It felt like getting scolded by his father. "I um... I was just thinking I could hitchhike my way to Beacon?"

"You're better off taking the train, moron," the man scolded him. Jaune scowled up at him.

"Well I would, but I forgot my cash and can't access it here in the sticks!"

"Yeah, I suppose signal strength still isn't great just outside of Radian's walls," the man muttered. Jaune frowned.

"Huh?"

The man sighed and shook his head. He reached into his pockets, and pulled out some Lien notes.

"Here," he stated, "They're old, but they should be good. Go buy a train ticket. Also?"

He grabbed Jaune's Scroll, and pressed it against his.

"Hey!" Jaune growled. "What's the big idea-?!"

The man handed it back to Jaune. Jaune looked through his files.

"What did you add to...?"

His eyes widened.

"Atlasian and Mistralian combat guides," the man stated blandly, "Combined with your mom's training and you should be able to manage the initiation at Beacon."

Jaune gaped up at the stranger in utter disbelief.

"I... Huh?! How did you know-?!"

"Don't. Ask," the man growled. He shook his head. "All you need to know is that you need to get to Beacon, and you need to get in. All right?"

"I... But why-?"

The man glared at him from behind his sunglasses.

"Your dream is to be a hero, isn't it?"

Jaune stared back. The way the man said it carried a... A sadness. A nostalgia. A regret that touched him deep in his soul.

"It is," he confirmed.

"Well then... Go to Beacon. Get in. And you will be a hero. I promise you," the man stated firmly. Jaune nodded seriously.

"All right... I will."

He turned, began to walk away... Then stopped short. He looked back and coughed.

"Uh... Which way to the train station?'

The older man groaned and facepalmed.

"Let me guess... You don't even have your Aura unlocked, do you?" He asked.

Jaune coughed.

"Er, well..."

The man walked up to Jaune and placed his hand over his chest. A surge of Aura energy raced between them, and Jaune's world changed. He felt stronger, lighter, and more energetic.

"There you go," the man stated.

"Isn't... Isn't there a ritual or words you have to say?" Jaune asked as some distant memory tried to shake itself loose in his head.

The man shook his head.

"Abrakadabra. There you go, kid. Now get going!"

"I... Thanks!" Jaune said. He frowned.

"Er... Will I ever see you again?"

The man laughed without any humor.

"Oh... The ways things go in my life? Probably..."

"What's your name, anyway? Are you a relative of mine?" Jaune asked.

The man grimaced as though in pain, before he shrugged.

"Uh... Sort of... Just call me..."

He paused in thought, before he finished his sentence.

"Doctor Knowall."

Jaune squinted.

"That sounds... Extremely fake."

Doctor Knowall smacked the back of Jaune's head.

"OW!"

"Don't talk back to your elders, kid!"

- - -

Doctor Jaune Arc, Age 26, watched his younger self wave from the train window as it set off on its journey for Vale. He managed a quick wave back, while staring intently at his hand.

So far, nothing was happening. He wasn't fading out of existence. And yet...

He sighed as he recalled the words of the mysterious woman in the future... His future.

He'd been in the ruins of Atlas and Mantle to try and help any survivors after Salem devastated it. He'd found what he had thought was a mirror, but... It had taken him somewhere else.

Somewhere time did not behave properly.

Now? Now he was here, in the past. In his timeline, he'd run back home when the Ursa attacked and his parents had caught him. His mother had practically frogmarched him to the university and there he'd studied. He'd gotten his doctorate, just as mom had wanted...

All while the world around them fell and burned. The Grimm ruled. And all hope seemed to be lost.

The woman in the other world had told him... Told him he was one of many keys. Keys that could save Remnant, save all life.

His past self going to Beacon was one of those keys... But there were many others.

Others Jaune Arc had to find.

"Which means," he sighed, "I've gotta get to Beacon, too."

He held up his Scroll. The hacking programs he and his team of survivors had used to get into the old networks did just as good a job at hacking today's fully functional CCTNet. In moments, he was in Beacon's databases.

Let's see... Transcripts for Jaune Arc? Cleared and accepted. Test scores, cleared...

He had aced those exams in his own timeline, after all. As scatterbrained as his younger self was, he wasn't a total idiot.

And... Let's see... Applications for new medical assistant?

He frowned, but mentally shrugged. It wouldn't do to look a gift horse in the mouth.

All right... A little touching up and... There we go. Doctor Knowall is all set to have a job interview with Professor Goodwitch in Vale.

He sighed and rubbed his ragged clothing.

Gonna need to dress up... Wanna make a good first impression.

- - -

In the grand tradition of Professor Arc (but with a twist), I bring you: Doctor Arc/Knowall. Sent back in time from the Ever After to fix the disasterous turns the timeline took because Jaune Arc didn't get to Beacon Academy.

Now this older Jaune Arc has his mother's skill set: Incredible healing abilities with his Aura Amp and the ability to boost his strength and other physical attributes with Aura to massive amounts. As well as very extensive medical training.

And while he has a few clues as to where he needs to intervene from the Blacksmith, he's still got to piece them together himself.

In the meantime, there is now a VERY hot male doctor on staff at Beacon that all the young ladies take a keen interest in.

His alias is based on Grimm Tales 098: Doctor Know-All.

- Due to many drunk gambling nights, Nick Arc has won multiple engagements of daughters for the many future sons he will have (or he bet his future sons hands in marriage and lost), like Yang, Ruby, Pyrrha, Weiss, Glynda, May, Blake, Velvet, and Neo (and maybe more).
One small problem, he only had one son, and the other parents have already invested too much time, effort and/or money into it to take no for an answer, so Jaune is now engaged to a bunch of girls (or two problems, because there are more engagements than he has kids).

Just go full Ranma 1/2 with it.

Pyrrha: *eyes screwed shut* "Beloved! Pyrrha made too-too delicious kleftiko!"
Ren: *surprised* "Um, Pyrrha? I'm not-"
Pyrrha: *eyes open wide in horror*
Nora: *primal, demonic snarl*

Pyrrha: *arcs out of the water* "Jaune! Le...le...let's wash each other's backs the traditional way!"
Jaune: *mentally short-circuits* *holy shit weiss who bear my kids vs Isabel's and Nick's well-raised nice farmboy*
Weiss: *somehow walks in* "Jaune, you pervert!"

Some thoughts on Doctor Knowall:

-In his timeline, Nick Arc died pretty soon after Vytal. Isabel thus trained Jaune in her fighting arts. I imagine that she utilizes a fighting style similar to Muay Thai with some judo and Greco-Roman style wrestling moves for variety. She was able to alter her body proportions and attributes in close combat, so a dynamic close-in martial art with her incredible strength, speed and agility worked well for her. Knowall!Jaune doesn't have all of that but he does have his great strength to call upon, and his enormous Aura, so he's deadly at close range. He also learned a fair number of her medical tricks such as turning off someone's eyes or heart if his Aura strike is strong enough or their Aura is weak enough.

Unlike regular Jaune, he has to dodge more than tank hits. He can heal them up but without a shield and sword, he has to rely on blocks and evasion more for defense. This also means his style and techniques are very recognizable to people who know his mother, so he has to come up with a suitable cover. Say he was trained by one of his mother's students in medicine and martial arts who is conveniently dead.

-Ozpin will probably believe him the moment he tells the story of how he got sent back in time, so at least he'll have Ozpin in his corner. Though he doesn't know a lot of the details of the fall of Beacon or Vale as he was in Radian at the time. Meaning he has to do a lot of legwork to figure out who, how, and when.

-He would know at least one or two of the students from Beacon who survived Vytal. There is a good chance one of them died in front of him as an adult, or he lost them as the world fell apart. So there's drama potential there. Especially if they were romantically involved.

-Eventually Isabel Arc is gonna hear about some blond guy using her fighting style and medical arts. Someone she didn't train and nobody she knows trained either. So she's gonna be by to investigate.

A few more prompts:

-Jaune on a whim asks Yang out on a date in an effort to make Weiss jealous. Yang gets why Jaune's doing it, but she thinks it might be hilarious so she goes along with it. They end up bonding over a crazy adventure and keep going on dates... Which does, funny enough, start making Weiss jealous.

This could be fun.

-Who are some potential suitors for Weiss that her father arranges for her to meet? And how do Weiss and her friends sabotage these marriage meetings?

Here are a few potential suitors for Weiss:

>Seto Kaiba, a Valean orphan turned billionaire who took over his adoptive father's company and introduced a holographic gaming system to the masses. Seto Kaiba from Yu-Gi-Oh!

This would be hilarious.

-Nick Arc takes over for Peter Port's classes for a time when Port is on vacation. How is he as the Grimm Studies teacher?

Cardin: "Dude, your dad is Awesome"

Jaune: "Yeah, he can be."

Cinder: "Arc, may I talk to you in private?"

Yang: "Back off, Haven kid. I have studying to do with him."

Jaune: "Uh-oh..."

Other girls: "Arc's dad is a DILF, think Arc will turn out like his father?

Pyrrha: "You talk like that, and you won't get to find out."

Pyrrha is officially on the warpath. Though she's not against a harem with trusted friends.

-Isabel Arc takes over for Glynda Goodwitch's classes when Glynda takes a very well-deserved vacation. How is she as Combat Teacher?

You thought Glynda was a taskmaster? Isabel makes her look like a kitten. She demands perfection, and she will be more than happy to take a pound out of your ass if you don't perform at your best. Cardin gets distracted on a couple of occasions because Isabel is, indeed, MILF-tastic. Jaune capitalizes and wins because he maintains focus. Cardin ends up feeling more than ashamed he lost to the noodle and Isabel is NOT happy.

Of course, other guys try to talk to Jaune about how much of a MILF Isabel is. Jaune is not happy at this and gives a stern warning that if anyone tries it, they'll have more than a pissed off Isabel to worry about. Jaune might be a pushover when he has little motivation. But give him enough motivation? He becomes a juggernaut.

When the teams have to infiltrate a White Fang cell, Blake is not happy that they take a page out of her book:

Jaune: "Excuse me? Did you just ask me what kind of faunus I was?"
Nora: "Wow, that's giga racist!"
Yang: "I bet you think our white haired friend here is a Schnee, too!"
Weiss: "Tch, you're a squirrel faunus...of course a herbivore would make such ridiculous and brainless accusations!"
White Fang Guard: *sobbing* "I'm sorry!"

Last edited:
When the teams have to infiltrate a White Fang cell, Blake is not happy that they take a page out of her book

Jaune: "Excuse me? Did you just ask me what kind of faunus I was?"
Nora: "Wow, that's giga racist!"
Yang: "I bet you think our white haired friend here is a Schnee, too!"
Weiss: "Tch, you're a squirrel faunus...of course a herbivore would make such ridiculous and brainless accusations!"
White Fang Guard: *sobbing* "I'm sorry!"
Nora flawlessly infiltrates as a cow faunus. she just says it and everyone just goes yeah that checks out.

Nora flawlessly infiltrates as a cow faunus. she just says it and everyone just goes yeah that checks out.
images

Nick Arc takes over for Peter Port's classes for a time when Port is on vacation. How is he as the Grimm Studies teacher?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwAHXU3xiPM

Turns out Nick is one intimidating motherfucker.

Alright, soooo...

I rewatched Elfen Lied (it's an absolute Must Watch), and then read The Maple Inn Residents Watch the Show (it's a good fanfic, everyone who's seen EL should give it a read).

You know something... Elfen Lied was one of the first anime I ever watched. It fucked me up big time, but god damn do I still hold it fondly in my heart.

Lucy/Nyu/Kaede is Best Girl Forever. She deserves happiness.

So... How do the Diclonius fit into Remnant? How can Jaune be the Kouta to Remnant's Lucy? Or...

Or maybe instead of a Diclonius Queen, Jaune is born as the Diclonius King? But, I mean... male Diclonii are rare, and also don't have Vectors... Fuck it, we ball. If he's the first Diclonius, and the King, then he gets special privileges.

He'd have two horns on his head, which kind of look like cat ears at forst glance. He can keep his blonde hair, as while Diclonius are VERY prone to having varying shades of pink hair, blonde is a hair color at least one Diclonius has had. He'd also have pink or red eyes, as all Diclonii do.

He'd have Vectors as well. He'd have at least 4 of them, possibly more, with a range of at least 2 metres, possibly more. Maybe he can grow over time or something?

Vectors themselves are invisible, selectively intangible arms that come from a Diclonius' back. They are incredibly strong, though it varies between individuals, with Lucy's able to block everything weaker than shit like anti-material rifles, and it's implied that Lucy could block something like that if she wasn't sneak attack shot in the back of the head. They're also fast enough that Lucy's four arms could defend against a dozen+ soldiers firing automatic rifles from 10-ish metres away.

Oh, and did I mention that they're strong enough to rip people apart at their weakest?

Here's Lucy escaping from a facility she'd been trapped in for 5-10 years. Don't worry, this is from episode 1.

As you can see, incredibly destructive.

However, in the manga Lucy can go even further beyond. IIRC she had continental range, hundreds of Vectors, and was powerful enough to cause continent-spanning earthquakes.

Diclonii also have a natural in-born genetic desire to kill humans and replace them. They have a literal "DNA Voice" which can appear to them, looking like that particular Diclonius but wrapped head-to-toe in bandages, and try to convince them to murder every human around them and spread the Diclonius Virus (also known as the Vector Virus).

Oh, yeah, the virus. I forgot.

So, Diclonii have two means of reproducing. The normal way that humans do it: Sperm Cell + Ovum Cell = Baby. This will produce fertile "First-Gen" Diclonii.

The second way is through the Diclonius Virus. It's a virus transmitted via a Diclonius' Vectors, whether actively released or as a result of an attack on a non-Diclonius. But we can change that and make it have to be done consciously, or we can keep it the same as canon.

To infect someone, a Diclonius will find a suitable human, with only males being viable targets, and then have a Vector enter the target's head via intangibility, and will release the virus directly into the brain.

The brain is a "Privileged Area" of the body. Your immune system is not allowed in your brain, that's why if you get an infection or something in your brain... you're just fucked.

As such, the virus doesn't need to worry about the immune system and will alter the genetics of the brain. Then, the virus will travel through the body, altering your genes so your body no longer attacks the virus or infected cells.

Finally... it makes its way to your testicles, and permanently, irreversibly, alters the genetics of your testes. Now, any future children you have will be Diclonii.

However, the Diclonii produced will "Silpelits". They are "Second-Gen" Diclonii who are infertile, but can also spread the Vector Virus. They also (generally,not always) have a quickened lifespan, tending to appear older than they are. An 8 year old Silpelit could appear to be 14-15, for example.

Silpelits cannot be male. Only "Pure" Diclonii can be male.

The Vector Virus is not a means to propogate the Diclonius species, as it only produces infertile offspring and requires humans, which would be unsustainable because Vector Virus infections would be exponential. Rather, it is a means of displacing humanity. Removing enough of them from the field where the "Pure Diclonii" can use the remaining humans to produce a sustainable population and viable genepool. After that, the Vector Virus is useless.

Alright... Enough expositioning. I apologize, I just love Elfen Lied. It holds a very special place in my heart.

That, and I believe having something like the Diclonius species in Remnant could bring some really good drama and potential for stories.

If Jaune Arc was the Diclonius King, the first (and possibly most powerful) of a species whose very DNA (which appears to them via hallucinations, as if it were a separate entity) tells them to genocide and replace humans... What would RWBY & NPR do?

Would they try to reason with him? What about the Silpelits? They can still spread the virus. So what do you do about them? Kill them? Lock them away? But they're still living, breathing, thinking, intelligent humanoids just like Faunus are. Wouldn't doing that, just because of the potential risk they pose, be far too cruel?

But if the Diclonii do spread, the infertile, generally rapid aging Diclonius Silpelits would not be able to keep up the numbers every generation. The Grimm would keep coming, and even though Diclonius have an advantage over normal Huntsmen through their Vectors... In only a few generations there'll be far too few humans who can breed and priduce more Silpelits.

In a world like Remnant, the Vector Virus would be too effective. There's simply not enough humans spread out across the globe to slow down the spread enough to give the Pure Diclonii the time to create a stable population before humanity gets wiped out.

So what decision do you make? Do you kill the Diclonius species, because of the existential threat even a single one can pose to all of humanity? Do you try to convince the Diclonius as a species to go against their instincts and not spread the virus? Do you gather them all up, lock them up and throw away the keys? What do you do about the unknown amount of people already infected who din't know it?

And you can increase the tension by having the Diclonius only able to spread the virus to human men. So the Vector Virus can't infect faunus, at all.

If an infected human man sleeps with a faunus woman, the children will always be a Diclonius. However, a faunus man cannot be infected, and so cannot produce Silpelits. Faunus can, however, produce True Diclonii if they mate with a True Diclonius. Faunus just can't be infected to only produce Silpelits.

This could raise the tensions between Humans and Faunus on Remnant. The faunus want equal rights, and the White Fang wants mankind eradicated (under Adam), or to be brought low for all of humanity's crimes (under Sienna).

Neither version of the White Fang would be all too willing to help humanity against the Diclonius. They'd probably see them as allies, or as the natural punishment humans deserve. They'd be pretty content to just... let the Diclonius erase and replace humanity.

At most, they'd be very reluctant to help, only doing so when given a very serious ultimatum.

So imagine how the argument between Weiss and Blake could change with the involvement of the Diclonius. It's no longer about personal vendettas, but rather the continued existence of humans as a whole.

Can't you just feel the potential for stories just bubbling up from deep inside the Elfen Lied rabbithole?

The Substitute Arcs - 1 New
When Isabel Arc takes over as the substitute combat teacher to give Glynda a vacation...

Isabel: Watching Jaune and Cardin fight, she sighs "Time out!" She walks out between the combatants "Honestly Jaune, what are you doing?"

Jaune: "Er... Fighting?"

Isabel: "Yes, I can see that. You're using Miss Nikos' fighting style, which is good for the basics. You've done well to learn those."

Jaune: "I uh, I had a good teacher."

Pyrrha: Smiles

Isabel: "However, going beyond the basics in that fighting style isn't going to work for you, Jaune. You're a close range tank and support, she's a multiple range high mobility damage dealer. Honestly, don't you remember anything I taught you?"

Jaune: "Mom-Er, Professor, what does medicine have to do with this?"

Isabel: sigh "Honestly... You need to stop overthinking things and use your aggression and your knowledge. For instance... Mister Winchester!"

Cardin: "Yes ma'am?"

Isabel: "Good technique, good strength, good zoning! You will make a formidable tank for your team."

Cardin: smug "Thank you ma'am."

Isabel: "However... Would you swing at me?"

Cardin: "Uh, ma'am?"

Isabel: "Humor me."

Cardin swings his mace. Isabel easily dodges out of the way, and then holds Cardin's mace. She points at his elbows

Isabel: "See, Jaune?"

Jaune: Blink blink "... Ohhhh!"

Isabel: "Yes, we only went over it a hundred times!"

Jaune: "I-Sorry, I got a little overwhelmed-"

Isabel: "Don't be sorry, do it properly!"

Jaune: "Yes Mom-Er, Professor!"

Isabel: "There we go! Sorry about that, Mister Winchester."

Cardin: "Uh, no problem ma'am."

Isabel steps back and smiles.

Isabel: "Resume!"

Cardin swings aggressively at Jaune... Who sidesteps and rams his sword up against his elbow, nearly snapping it

Cardin: "GAHHHHHH! OH SHIT AAUUUGH-!"

Isabel: "While Aura does protect you from many injuries and regenerates them, there are places on a human or Faunus body that can be overstressed with the proper application of force. More experienced fighters will avoid taking hits like this, because having to heal such injuries burns through your Aura faster and really, really hurts."

Jaune continues to press his advantage, beating the CRAP out of Cardin by hitting his joints and nerve clusters

Isabel: "And clever fighters can take advantage of this. But be warned! Just as clever fighters can counter this and turn it back on you."

Jaune gets slammed back by a wild swing of Cardin's mace

Isabel: "Sometimes the only way to win is to be more determined and aggressive than the other. You can't let your opponent dictate the fight, you have to take the initiative. If you can't though? There's no shame in retreating, training harder, and coming back again. And it always pays to fully understand your strengths and weaknesses."

Jaune barely ekes out a win against Cardin, knocking him out of the ring. He pants hard.

Isabel: beams "Very good, Jaune! Though your form is still very sloppy, you did manage to win. This round. Don't get cocky."

Jaune: "Yes Mom... Professor."

Pyrrha is so proud. The rest of JNPR and RWBY are very impressed.

Isabel: "Mister Winchester! You did fight well. You just got taken by surprise, but you tried to adapt so that's good! Next time, hit him even harder."

Cardin: glares "Oh, I intend to."

Jaune: wince

After the rest of the class goes and fights...

Isabel: "Now... I think it would be good for you all to have combat training buddies you don't normally fight with outside of class! Your assignment this week will be to meet with your training buddy at least twice for a sparring match. I want you to write or record your fights and find your strengths and weaknesses, and help each other come up with ways to overcome them. Jaune Arc?"

Jaune: "Yes Professor?"

Isabel: "You'll be paired with..."

Pyrrha waits in anticipation.

Isabel: "Yang Xiao-Long!"

Pyrrha: "Huh?!"

Yang: "Woohoo!"

Jaune: "Er, Professor?"

Isabel: "Hm? Oh, the reasoning is very simple, Jaune. You're both close range tank fighters, but Yang needs more balance in her aggression and you need more aggression. You'll help shore up eachother's weaknesses very well."

Yang: "And I want to learn those nerve strikes, Stud!"

Jaune: "Stud? What happened to Vomit Boy?"

Yang: grins and sidles up to him "You just got promoted!"

Pyrrha: Twitch

Last edited:
you know, Pyrrha could teach Jaune the basics of ranged combat, just so he can have more OPTIONS. Good that he is a Tank, Walking Shield and Support, but since Aura is basically your Health and Mana points, you need to save your Aura for "Spells" not Health. a Great War style gun with Interchangeable Elemental Dust Modules(think Borderlands Elemental modules, RWBY World them with Dust) and teach Jaune to use that gun.

Primary Assault Rifle option, with Dust payload infused Grenade or Rocket fired from a underbarrel launcher

Secondary, either a Lever action shotgun or a Handcannon tier revolver.

Melee, Crocoa Mors with interchangeable Dust modules for the equivalent of Laser blade with elemental effects.

these additions to Jaune's Arsenal would help him be adaptable and less of a punching bag.

you know, Pyrrha could teach Jaune the basics of ranged combat, just so he can have more OPTIONS. Good that he is a Tank, Walking Shield and Support, but since Aura is basically your Health and Mana points, you need to save your Aura for "Spells" not Health. a Great War style gun with Interchangeable Elemental Dust Modules(think Borderlands Elemental modules, RWBY World them with Dust) and teach Jaune to use that gun.

Primary Assault Rifle option, with Dust payload infused Grenade or Rocket fired from a underbarrel launcher

Secondary, either a Lever action shotgun or a Handcannon tier revolver.

Melee, Crocoa Mors with interchangeable Dust modules for the equivalent of Laser blade with elemental effects.

these additions to Jaune's Arsenal would help him be adaptable and less of a punching bag.

He could just get a shotgun as an additional weapon. One that fits into his shield. Ruby would love to build him one.

He could just get a shotgun as an additional weapon. One that fits into his shield. Ruby would love to build him one.

from my suggestions, I thought about things that could work with the Shield in the offhand, and maybe even a "Deployed shield with the sword still sheathed" could have been good for aiming as a brace for the gun. as in, the Sword handle works as a brace for aiming sort of deal.

Also, what sort of shotgun? Lever action? Semi automatic? Practical version of the TF2 scattergun(it works like semi auto, but also has lever action, probably a two ejection ports, two loading ports, semi auto fire and switch to both barrels shooting with lever reloading fire sort of way. Or to put it differently, it is a Semi auto, double barrel version of the SPAS 12, where instead of semi auto and pump action, it is semi auto and lever action)I think Jaune's fighting style is about Keep It Simple Stupid. which is why I suggested a Great War Assault rifle instead of Mechashifts.

Having the shield as a good combo with the guns would be good, and would help Jaune be a Badass modern Knight archetype.

The Substitute Arcs - 2 New
Nick leads his class out to Emerald Forest to study some Grimm in the field.

Nick: "I survived in the wilds with my master for about ten years, fighting Grimm! So, we're going to go find some Grimm and you guys will tell me all about them and how to kill them!"

Jaune is tense.

Ruby: "Are you okay, Jaune?"

Jaune: "J-Just fine..."

Pyrrha: "Are you sure?"

Jaune: twitch

Nick: "So! The girl who does best in class today gets a date with my son!"

Jaune: "DAD!"

Weiss: "I thought we were supposed to be rewarded for trying our best."

Jaune: "HEY!"

Nick: "All right, the girl who does worst gets a date with my son!"

Jaune: "DAD!"

Nick: "Or boy. You know son, going out with a bro on a man-date can be fun too!"

Even Cardin can't help but feel some pity for Jaune, as the blond boy's eyes twitch dangerously.

The students work together and kill some Grimm. Yang and Jaune are paired up again, and work well together.

Yang: "Sooo... That's your Dad?"

Jaune: Groans a yes

Yang: "So that's where all the dorkiness and height came from?"

Jaune: sighs "... Yes."

Yang: "Aw, cheer up Stud! My dad's pretty embarrassing too!"

Jaune: "Yeah, but he's not here."

Nick heads over to Jaune and Yang and smiles.

Nick: "Hey you two! Great job! You make a good team!"

Jaune: "Thanks Dad."

Yang: "Thanks, Mister Arc!"

Pyrrha and Ruby are glaring nearby.

Yang: "So, how much like you is your son, Mister Arc?"

Nick: "Actually he takes more after his mother in temperament and smarts! Which is great! You know he always read the instruction manuals for anything we put together! That was really great for the tractor! HA! I put the engine in upside down, can you believe it?"

Jaune: haunted look "Yes Dad. I remember."

Nick: "Boy your mom wasn't happy about that!"

Jaune: "No. No, she wasn't."

A gigantic Nevermore, twice the size of the one RWBY fought in initiation, dives upon the students with a shriek. Everyone gets ready to fight. Nick scowls.

Nick: "Oh, hang on..." Swings his sword, unleashes an Aura enhanced Slash/railgun blast that annihilates the Grimm. He then resumes smiling. "There we go! Now, back onto the class topic...!"

Weiss: "Wha... HOW...?!"

Cardin: "Holy shit that was awesome!"

Yang: "Super awesome!"

Nick: "Thanks! Hmmm... You know son, I wanted to teach you how to do that. Your mom wouldn't let me, but since you're here... You want to learn?"

Despite his embarrassment, he smiles in awe and respect at his father.

Jaune: "Yes Dad. I have wanted to learn how to do that forever."

Nick: "Don't worry son, you'll learn! I have every confidence in you!"

Jaune: beams "Thanks Dad."

Nick: "You're welcome son." Manly father hug!

Jaune: "URK! D-Dad... Not in front of my friends!"

Nick: "Oh come on, what's wrong with a dad hugging his son in front of his friends? Everyone likes hugs!"

Nick sets Jaune down and chuckles.

Yang: "Sooo... That date thing still grand prize for doing our best, Mister Arc?"

Nick: "Absolutely!"

Yang: Red Eyes, Aura Flares like a Bonfire around her "Super."

Jaune: Gapes as Yang charges in and starts annihilating Grimm

Pyrrha: "Oh no you don't!" She charges in after

Ruby: "You won't beat me!" And ditto

Nick: "Hahaha! Careful son! You don't want to be a heartbreaker!"

Jaune: groans

Ruby would be familiar with shotgun mechashift weapons given her sister, and since what Jaune clearly was meant to be, a ridiculously strong close range tank, so that would go together like Ruby & cookies.

It would also be an excuse for Yang to spend time with Jaune, to teach him the way of the boomstick.

Last edited:
Isabel and Nick Arc's fighting styles New
Isabel and Nick would also help a few students with their hand to hand combat skills. I figured Isabel's combat style is a mixture of a few disciplines:

-Kickboxing and Muay Thai since she can use all her limbs for maximum damage, high speed movement, and she can boost her strength to monstrous levels.

-Some jujutsu for takedowns and redirecting force, as well as grabbing opponents to inflict "status effects" on them with her medical knowledge.

-Some taekwondo, especially the focus on "relaxing" the body between movements. This allows her to regenerate her injuries and then power up for another round of combat.

Her main weakness is range: Other than throwing objects, she can't hit anything that isn't in melee range. While she can sprint very quickly, she can't outrun bullets. So despite her impressive ability to regenerate from damage, you hit her enough at range or pin her down with heavy ordnance, you can take her down.

Nick Arc's fighting style is definitely different:

-German Longsword is his primary fighting style with his railgun sword: Kunst des Fechtens: The Medieval Art of Longsword Combat. It relies on a few basic forms of attack and guard that the user extrapolates and builds upon with experience and creativity. It is a very fast, very offense focused combat style, that makes use of the sword's reach, mass, and the user's armor. It's meant to end fights fast, and in combination with the railgun and his Aura slashes, is utterly devastating at close range or against massed enemies.

-For hand-to-hand he relies on good old boxing, the sweet science, and like any swordsman has very good footwork. He also uses wrestling moves for takedowns to neutralize enemies with superior strength.

Like his wife, his main weakness is range: His Aura Slashes and Railgun blasts are devastating at short to medium range, but aren't very precise and are very destructive. He also is at a disadvantage against small, very fast and agile opponents who can get inside his guard, or in enclosed spaces where he can't maneuver very well. He also can't regenerate as easily as his wife, though thanks to his armor and Aura he can tank more whereas she is much more maneuverable.

Last edited:
Ruby would be familiar with shotgun mechashift weapons given her sister, and since what Jaune clearly was meant to be, a ridiculously strong close range tank, so that would go together like Ruby & cookies.

It would also be an excuse for Yang to spend time with Jaune, to teach him the way of the boomstick.

plus shotguns are versatile, you can put buckshot or slug rounds(flechettes, explosive rounds are also an option), and given worlds like Remnant or Borderlands, wacky stuff for elemental damage and Dust in shell payloads.

the real question is, what sort of Boomstick, Remnant version of the 1887 aka Great War lever action shotgun, or a Semi auto shotgun? KS23 is also an option.

plus shotguns are versatile, you can put buckshot or slug rounds(flechettes, explosive rounds are also an option), and given worlds like Remnant or Borderlands, wacky stuff for elemental damage and Dust in shell payloads.

the real question is, what sort of Boomstick, Remnant version of the 1887 aka Great War lever action shotgun, or a Semi auto shotgun? KS23 is also an option.

It would have to be self-loading, Jaune's running sword in one hand, and board in the other, there's already enough going on during combat.

Im quite curious on why his dad putting a tractor engine upside down gave Jaune Vietnam flashbacks.

"How hard could it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

What I'm hearing is the tractor was Tractimus Prime and installing the engine in upside down turned him into Tractortron and he started a wanton spree of destruction before the town was, ironically, saved by the Grimm when the two forces of evil fought each other - a battle that resulted in the total annihilation of both sides.

Isabel and Nick would also help a few students with their hand to hand combat skills. I figured Isabel's combat style is a mixture of a few disciplines:

-Kickboxing and Muay Thai since she can use all her limbs for maximum damage, high speed movement, and she can boost her strength to monstrous levels.

-Some judo for takedowns and redirecting force, as well as grabbing opponents to inflict "status effects" on them with her medical knowledge.

-Some taekwondo, especially the focus on "relaxing" the body between movements. This allows her to regenerate her injuries and then power up for another round of combat.
Might I suggest that Isabel could us Jujutsu instead of Judo, as it's basically the more ruthless version of Judo (and unlike Brazilian jiu-jitsu, it isn't about scoring points, but about actual fighting as effective as possible), and Judo is actually derived from Jujutsu, .
The samurai of feudal Japan used Jujutsu as a method for defeating an armed and armored opponent.

Jujutsu uses pretty much everything, from striking, kicking, weapons, and all forms of grappling techniques to some degree (e.g., throwing, takedowns, leg sweeps, trapping, pins, joint locks, holds, chokeholds, strangulation, gouging, biting, hair pulling, disengagements, and striking).
It also focuses on using the Biomechanics, natural presurepoints and even some psychology to defeat opponents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back