• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Well I mean, the premise is that Shirou, Arturia, et al got reincarnated into a Death World like Remnant, but had much better personal lives. So in this reality, Shirou Arc had an awesome dad who raised him properly and was a hero, Arturia didn't have to hide her gender, and they were able to fall in love, marry and have children like regular folks. So they got their happy endings but in a world filled with monsters where mankind is on the brink of extinction.

That and from there POV they ended the worst War in history and helped support Faunus rights alongside helping found the Huntsmen Academies over all Remnant was close to being united in world peace... til Oz fumbled, or Salem did something [seriously Oz could have been king of the world and united the relic's ending his quest]

Weiss: "WERE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME OR WHAT?!"

Jaune: "If I wanted you dead, Weiss, you would be. Since you aren't, I didn't. And it's not my fault you foolishly get so close to Grimm when your combat role is best suited to Caster."

Weiss: "Caster?"

Jaune: "Yes, my godmother is one. She unleashes Dust blasts and effects from medium to long range... And only resorts to melee when things get close to her. She doesn't charge in like an idiot!"

Weiss: "DOLT!"

Jaune: "Moron!"

Medea: "Boy, for my help with teaching this little girl how to properly Cast - even if it's with this absurd 'Dust' - I will require upfront payment."
Ruby: "...Why are you looking at me like that? What...costumes? No, not that! Anything but dressing up!"
Medea: "Eeeee, goth loli, sailor suits, evening dresses! And she's as adorable as Saber!"

That said, given that Fate implications:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The Vytal Festival: The Arcs, Arjuna and Saia are holding back the Grimm alongside the other Huntsmen and Huntresses. More and more pile in as the defenders are pushed back, fighting with all their might. It's obvious that they're losing badly, and Arjuna closes his eyes and whispers a prayer. Saia is the first to notice as Arjuna's bow is now replaced by one more ancient and ornate. He draws back the bow, a bittersweet smile on his face as he unseals his power and Divinity-*

*Then he recoils and whips around, staring at the topmost tower of Beacon*

Arjuna: "Jaune? No...no, it's impossible..."

*The top of Beacon erupts in roaring flame and lightning, Cinder's screams of triumph dwindling into a shriek of fury mixing with the Grimm dragon's as the power of the Maiden blazes, exploding out in a ring of fire, only to be consumed by even brighter flames. Far, far away, Salem's head whips around as she stares at the horizon, eyes widening as the power of a god blazes like the Sun upon Remnant*

Isabel, panicking: "Jaune? Jaune? My baby is up there?!"

*Arjuna isn't listening. Instead, he stares at the firestorm in shock and wonder, eyes widening as he recognizes the flames and struggles to reconcile with what's happening.*
Arjuna: "How? How does Jaune have His fire?! How?!"

*Cinder rises from the flames, floating in the air. She screams expletives, her fire burning hotter and hotter as someone else bursts from the inferno, blazing like the Sun, reaching higher and higher over Cinder's figure. Even from this far away, everyone can hear Jaune Arc's voice*

Jaune: "O' Brahma, Curse Me!"
There's a single flash of crimson, and Cinder Fall's twitching body crashes down on the pavement, pinned there by an ornate golden spear like an insect, before the world erupts in flame. The defenders are spared from the ensuing inferno, but the Grimm are not.*
*Jaune finally lands, his armor now a skintight armored suit. Nothing else has changed, save that his hair is now bleached white. All is quiet and the survivors, including NPR and Ruby - that is, those that aren't driving off the stragglers of the Grimm - stare at him in astonishment. He's equally stunned.*

Jaune: "Mom? Dad? What are you..."

*His eyes land on Arjuna, and flash with recognition. For the first time since the Grand Order, the Hero of Charity and the Endowed Hero meet once more.*

Jaune: "Arjuna..."
Arjuna: "...Karna."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/ Jaune accidentally makes himself King of Vale, Maybe it's his royal blood shining through, maybe he's just that kind a guy that people want to listen and follow, regardless when Jaune speaks people listen, whenever its training his team, leader meetings, talking to villagers when on missions, people turn to him for answers and guidance, add to the effect Jaune tends to give deep, meaningful and impactful speeches, the kind you hear from epic tales and legends, the kind that uplift the people who hear it to fanatical levels of faith and bravery, hell even the world seems to bend to make him bigger than life, the clouds parting just so the laight will land on him and make him glow, the wind blows his hair just right to make him look something out of legend, Jaune of course is completly oblivious to all this, so it's a shock to him that's he's being crowned King of Vale, of course every king needs a queen....

2/ Tai gives his daughtrs a surprise visit and to his shock/horror/dismay finds Jaune, it's like looking at a younger version of himself, his mind immediatly going to the worse case scenario, he knew what he was like at that age, the little shit has probably already knocked up both his daughters and all those other poor girls, well he's not getting away with that, good thing he packed the family shotgun and the old chapel is still standing.

3/ Jaune, Ren, Cardin and Sun are having a guys day out, drink and merryment was had by all... maybe a bit too much as they arre now the hottest boyband that has ever hit vale and the people are going wild for them, maybe going to karaoke was a bad idea.

4/ Jaune pulls a Ciaphas Caine, shenanigans ensue, GLORY TO THE HERO OF VALE! (Jaune: please stop...)

5/ Ozpin made the Hunter system to create warriors and heros, it's worked so far but it's fallen far from what he invsioned, yes it's made powerful warriors but not so much on heroes, it's time to change that, a new class is introduced to turn his students into real Heroes!..... basically he sends them on "quests" (read: unusual forms of torture) to toughen them up and make them build character, "no Glynda it's fine, when I was there age I was slayling Grimm Dragons by myself, If I could do then so can they", Surprisenly Jaune is having a great time and is top of the class.

A few more ideas on Sunday:

-Jaune, having seven sisters, gets time of the month supplies for all his female friends without so much as a twitch.

Jaune: "Okay, hot water bottle for Yang, dark chocolates for everyone, tissues, rocky road ice cream for Ruby, and Blake? Your cuddle blanket-"
Blake: "Shhhhh!"
Jaune: "Sorry. Pyrrha? You good?"
Pyrrha: "Y-Yes... Thank you Jaune..."
Jaune: "Nora?"
Nora: holding Ren tightly "I'm good!"

-Ren reacts a bit differently when Jaune uses his Aura Amp on him. It supercharges his emotions and he goes out of control. Hilarity ensues.

(Nora might be very happy though).

-In a timeline where Jaune Arc was a girl (Joan Arc), Neptune Vasilias goes after her... But she's still an Arc, so she's still dense as fuck. Which both reassures and infuriates Weiss.

Weiss: "WHY IS HE AFTER THAT BIG TITTED BIMBO?!"

-Roman Torchwick turns in Cinder and her gang and gets a pardon for all of his crimes... Aside from some community service: As a professor at Beacon.

-For Cowboys of Remnant: Orleans gets loose and runs around Vale. Jaune has to track her down with his friends.

-Whitley becomes the Invincible Iron-Man after learning about just how crooked and corrupt the SDC is.

-Give me more ideas for Batman!Jaune!

-Give me more ideas for Archer!Jaune!

-Give me more ideas for "Lines of Succession"!

Archer!Jaune would be the guardian angel of his teams and friends. He hits everything they can't see, keeps them apprised of the changing battlefield conditions, and will get in close to provide cover for retreat and regroup.

Again, he's not the best at close range. He's better than in canon but he's not trained as a tank. He hits hard, fast and precisely from range and keeps moving quickly around the battlefield as support. But he can throw up Ice Walls to provide cover, he can blast Grimm with Fire Dust Arrows to give his friends a breather, he can draw fire to distract while sniping from long range. He can do a lot of stuff and would do so.

He would still have some self-esteem issues though. It is Jaune, after all.
Jaune: "If I wanted you dead, Weiss, you would be. Since you aren't, I didn't. And it's not my fault you foolishly get so close to Grimm when your combat role is best suited to Caster."
Other possibility, Jaune is a Bard.
Jaune is already one of the more charismatic members of rwby and jnpr (he's good at getting others to do what he wants them to), can play an instrument, and he seems unable to stop seducing every girl/women he encounters, which includes dragons (according to the fandom anyway).

Bard Jaune would focus more on support, trickery, illusions, enchantments and a bit of healing, rather than any direct damage (though he does have some sonic attacks), making the entire team stronger in the process.
Besides that he's competent in a very broad range of other skills (Jack of All Trades) to make up for any area where the rest of the team members might be lacking in, and even in combat Jaune can fill any role, but isn't the best at any in particular.
Bard Jaune's biggest strength would be his out of combat role as the face, being a social expert, who uses diplomacy, deception and even some manipulation to give the team advantages and allow them to go where they need to.

Jaune might also be able to kill a Beowulf by insulting it.

Nana Arturia and Papa Shirou with Tanya Arc
Also, Arturia Arc shouldn't just interact with Jaune, of course:

Tanya: "Nana, why don't you try a gun? A gun would be great." Hefts up her Dust rifle "See? Guns are awesome!"

Arturia: "What do I need a gun for? I can shoot Aura blasts from my sword."

Tanya: "But won't you run out of Aura?"

Arturia: "Run... Out?"

Tanya: "Nana, I know Arc Aura can be ridiculous but it's not unlimited!"

Shirou: "Pendragon Aura. She's only an Arc by marriage."

Tanya: "Oh, right."

Shirou: "Strangely though, we Arcs tend to attract mates with absurd Aura reserves."

Arturia: "Strangely, he says. As though it wasn't a necessity..." Saucy smile

Shirou: Just as saucy smile back

Shirou: "Oh come on. You've left me worn out more than a few times."

Arturia: "Oh you~!"

Tanya: "Please. STOP."

Shirou: "I meant in our spars!"

Tanya: "No. You didn't."

Heres an idea. Jaunes basically a dnd styled healer. Basically irritated as fuck over his team and/or RWBY doing stupid shit and he has to bail them out. Hilarity ensures when the Rabbit faunus dumbass( still keep forgetting his name) and some other idiots breaks the cafeteria coffee machine. And Jaune deprived of the one thing that keeps him going in the mornings after dealing with his friends shenanigans for several weeks on a mission demonstrates why the saying dont fuck with the white mage exists.

Jaune, having seven sisters, gets time of the month supplies for all his female friends without so much as a twitch.
Ive seen this on on FF before. Pretty sure Jaune and Ren become chocolate dealers.

Last edited:
Uncle Arjun and Archer Jaune 2
Jaune is refletching his arrows in the JNPR common room when Weiss walks up to him with a scowl.

Weiss: "Ahem. Jaune..."

Jaune: "Weiss."

Weiss: "Would you mind NOT blasting around me when we're in a training exercise?! What are you trying to do, kill me?!"

Jaune: "I wouldn't have to if you actually fought like you should!"

Weiss: "Who are you to tell me how to fight?!"

Jaune: "Because I know how to stick to my fighting role! One I'm actually decent at!"

Weiss: "Explain, you dolt! What's your role? Hiding in the back line?"

Jaune: "I'm an archer. I have excellent vision and great aim. I also remain mobile and stay out of melee range because I suck at it. I'm no good to anyone if I get mauled by a Grimm because I tried to stab one instead of shooting one. You are a caster-type combatant. Your Glyphs let you hit targets with Dust effects at medium range and to move about the battlefield at high speed, but you cannot last long up close in melee. So guess what? Every time you do get up close, I have to make sure you don't FUCKING DIE!"

Weiss: "I-I'm a fencer-!"

Jaune: "Which also requires reach. As in range! So before you tell me how to do MY JOB, why don't you do YOURS?!"

Weiss: "Arrogant ass!"

Jaune: "Stupid child!"

Ruby: "Guys, guys!" She steps in between them "Look... Jaune, maybe you should try to make your point in a less... Mean way?"

Jaune: "..." sighs "Sorry Ruby."

Ruby: "And Weiss! Jaune's only trying to help you! You are basically our caster and you shouldn't get too close to the enemy if you can help it!"

Weiss: "Says the girl with a sniper rifle that's also a scythe."

Ruby: "At least I can take a punch!"

Weiss: "I-I can take a punch-!"

Jaune: "But not a Dust blast, clearly."

Weiss: "SHUT UP!"

Weiss: idiot!
Jaune: bitch!
Weiss: backwater wannabe robin hood!
Jaune: jumped up atlesian brat!
*Proceed to glare at eachother*
Jaune/Weiss: bed. Now.

Pyrrha: "NO JAUNE! YOU CAN'T! I'LL FIGHT YOU EAGERLY HOWEVER YOU WANT!"

Weiss: "BUTT OUT OF THIS, YOU-YOU SOCIALLY AWKWARD WEIRDO!"

Pyrrha: "BRATTY FLATCHEST!"

Weiss: "SHALLOW SENPAI CHARACTER!"

Pyrrha: GASP! "BITCH!"

Violence ensues.

Jaune: "I... What the hell...?"

Pyrrha: "NO JAUNE! YOU CAN'T! I'LL FIGHT YOU EAGERLY HOWEVER YOU WANT!"

Weiss: "BUTT OUT OF THIS, YOU-YOU SOCIALLY AWKWARD WEIRDO!"

Pyrrha: "BRATTY FLATCHEST!"

Weiss: "SHALLOW SENPAI CHARACTER!"

Pyrrha: GASP! "BITCH!"

Violence ensues.

Jaune: "I... What the hell...?"
AND HERE COMES RUBY WITH THE STEEL CHAIR!

Btw @AndrewJTalon Attached would traditionally also use hammers or long hafted axes because the same intensely developed back muscles needed for bows also lets them unga bunga through defenses

Given that Jaune would be trained by his godfather Arjun in this timeline (who is a reference to Arjuna-Yes, THAT one), he might employ a gada/mace alongside a kukri short sword.

Heres an idea. Jaunes basically a dnd styled healer. Basically irritated as fuck over his team and/or RWBY doing stupid shit and he has to bail them out. Hilarity ensures when the Rabbit faunus dumbass( still keep forgetting his name) and some other idiots breaks the cafeteria coffee machine. And Jaune deprived of the one thing that keeps him going in the mornings after dealing with his friends shenanigans for several weeks on a mission demonstrates why the saying dont fuck with the white mage exists.
Here is Jaune when he doesn't get his coffee.

Medea: "Boy, for my help with teaching this little girl how to properly Cast - even if it's with this absurd 'Dust' - I will require upfront payment."
Ruby: "...Why are you looking at me like that? What...costumes? No, not that! Anything but dressing up!"
Medea: "Eeeee, goth loli, sailor suits, evening dresses! And she's as adorable as Saber!"

Jaune having the Fate Cast along side the Knights of the Rounds as his Uncles and Aunts...

Cu helping him be more confident after all Cu and Bazett are happily married! with Scathach as the family head

Medea and Kozuki are just the most adorable romantic couple! And Sasaki just crashes at there place for old times sakes in-between his rooming of the lands and slaying Grimm

Medusa is either Joining the Shirou Arturia harem or a Snake Faunus /goddess

Berseker Hercules is dead, mans so overpowered he can't be an old man and let the main cast shine while imparting wisdom for the next generation. Herc would steam roll everything in Remnant no matter how nerfed he was

As long as the Fate cast are being silly funny or background support we could use all of them for just about anything... and have them join in on the ship wars >:}

As long as the Fate cast are being silly funny or background support we could use all of them for just about anything... and have them join in on the ship wars >:}

Jaune being somewhat religious is kind of fun given his original inspiration, and it can even be tweaked some more. Imagine him channeling some other famous servants known for their devotion, including Solomon, Vlad Tepes and King Hassan.

Jaune: "Um, giant tentacle-pillar guy from my semblance, can you help make Nora some pancakes?"
Haagenti: *traumatized sobbing*

Nana Arturia: The Sword
Radian, Gallus, North Sanus

One month after the fall of Beacon

- - -

He trained. He trained and he trained and he trained. As hard as he could, every day. Nora and Ren joined him, trained with him, and then rested. But Jaune kept going straight on until he was exhausted. His sisters had to drag him back to the farmhouse, or Nora or Ren.

His parents were out, helping in Vale. Trying to save it.

And here he was, training in the copse of trees around the family mausoleum... Useless.

"HAA! HAA! YAHH!" He roared, beating the tree trunk with Crocea Mors furiously. The slices went right through the ancient wood, and the tree soon toppled. Jaune fell to his knees after, panting in the shade. He bowed his head, trying to get breath back into his lungs.

Pyrrha... Pyrrha, I failed you...

She hadn't even wanted him around as a distraction... She'd just sent him away with a kiss and a declaration of love.

I failed her...

He heard soft footsteps behind him. He turned and stared up at a slim, feminine form.

"Nana?"

The old woman smiled sadly. Her white hair was in an elegant braid behind her head. Her blue eyes shone with understanding. Her blue dress waved slightly in the breeze, over her brown boots. Her walking stick held her up as she considered him.

"Hello Jaune," she murmured. "I heard about what happened."

Jaune again bowed his head. He heard her walk up, and felt her hand on his shoulder.

"There is nothing to be ashamed of," soft and kind she spoke, "You were outmatched. Overwhelmed-"

"I failed my team. I failed... I failed the girl who loved me," Jaune whispered, fighting back tears, "I failed... Everyone."

"You lost, yes," Nana said quietly, "But it was a battle. Not the war. The war against the darkness goes on, Jaune."

Jaune slowly looked up at her, still fighting the tears threatening to emerge. Her face held nothing but compassion.

"The question is," she said softly, "Are you willing to keep fighting?"

Jaune considered it. He was still so weak, so outclassed. Cinder may as well have just killed him instantly.

He shut his eyes. He could still see Pyrrha running off. His fists clenched.

"Yes," he growled.

Nana nodded.

"All I can say is... You must not give into hate, or despair, or desperation, Jaune," she said softly. She squeezed his shoulder. "If you do that, you may fall prey to... To worse things than Cinder Fall."

"Like what?" Jaune demanded. Nana didn't so much as flinch at his angry tone.

"You may give up all the things you fight for," she answered, "Humanity is a precious gift, Jaune. You cannot discard it. Without it... You become nothing more than a tool of uncaring forces. In a fight you are a mere pawn in. Do not give in, Jaune. She... She would not want that for you."

Jaune stared into his nana's eyes. She was very old, but still so sharp. Her eyes held a deep wisdom, born from pain. Jaune slowly nodded.

"I... I won't," he said, "I swear. But I... I still can't... Do anything. I try so hard and..."

He bowed his head again in his shame.

Nana nodded. She let him go and began to walk towards the mausoleum.

"Come with me," she ordered.

Jaune got up and obeyed. They went through the old fortress manse, Arcadia, which was overgrown with trees yet still possessed an ancient, mysterious splendor. They descended down marble steps into the mausoleum.

They passed the statues of Jaune's ancestors: Roland the Great, Renaud de Montauban, and Joan D'Arc herself were preserved in stone as silent guardians.

They finally came to a coffin, large and square, in the middle of the great mausoleum. As though the lid weighed nothing, Nana pushed it off and let it fall to the floor with a loud crash.

"Look inside," Arturia said quietly.

Jaune hesitated, but obeyed. He looked inside... And his eyes widened.

"A sword...?" He murmured. His eyes bugged out in shock when he recognized it.

"But...!"

"I chose to live here with your Papa, Jaune," Nana said quietly, "To build and share in the days of peace after the Great War. I gave up my sword, at long last... But I did not forget it. The one in Camelot is a replica. A very good one, but still a replica."

She bent over, reached in, and pulled the sword up and out. She grunted and winced a bit, before turning to him.

"You... You cannot imagine the battles I have fought, the things I have seen, Jaune. Same with your Papa. I do not regret my life with him, with your grandfather, your mother, you. I do not regret the sacrifices I have made. And I do not regret that I will die, and go onto an eternal reward."

She smiled sadly.

"For eternal life in this world is overrated. But this sword... This is more than just a weapon. It is a legend weaved purely out of hope. It represents the legitimacy of humanity, uses it, and thus is proof of our future. Even the most depraved, lost, and darkened souls will feel light when they see this sword, for it speaks of the universal truth of hope."

She looked into Jaune's eyes, and held the sword out.

Jaune recoiled instinctively, and shook his head.

'I... I'm not worthy-!"

"I didn't think I was either, Jaune," Nana said softly, "But I was. A minor king's daughter with a desire for glory and justice. That's all I was, when the sword chose me."

"Chose...?" Jaune stared at the holy blade in awe.

Nana nodded.

"Draw it. Let us see what it thinks of you. Focus, Jaune. Focus on what you want to be. What you truly want to be."

Jaune stared down at the sword. He knew its history, knew how his great-grandmother had used it. How the Pendragons had wielded it to help win the Great War and bring peace to Remnant. To slay so many horrible monsters and terrible foes.

He closed his eyes, and reached out.

I want... I want to be a hero... I want to help people... I want that terrible day to never, EVER happen again... Not to anyone.

I want to justify people's faith in me...

I want... I want Pyrrha's death to mean something...

I want... To bring hope again. To make people smile once more...

He took hold of the hilt... And pulled the sword. It caught for a moment, but he kept pulling... Until it came out with a flourish. He held it up, and opened his eyes. The sword gleamed in the dim light of the mausoleum, as pure as the clouds on a sunny day.

This was Excalibur. The Sword of Light.

Nana nodded, looking very proud.

"It has chosen you, Jaune," she said quietly. "But it will still great effort to master it. You will have to abandon the shield. You will have to make yourself a shield for others. Are you willing to do that?"

Jaune nodded slowly, feeling the weight of history on him... Yet his heart was light.

"Yes."

"Then," Arturia Pendragon-Arc, once Queen of Albion and Empress of Vytal, the Lion Queen, the Queen of Knights, smiled, "Let us begin."

- - -

Damnit, I watched a little Fate for this and now I'm hooked.

- - -

Getting asked out to see Vale on the weekend by Blake was... Unusual, to say the least. Nora actually asked if the cat Faunus had turned into a robot when they weren't looking. But no, she had meant it, and despite how Pyrrha stared at him, Jaune had accepted.

They went out via a Bullhead earlier than planned that morning, to shake off pursuit. Jaune couldn't really fault her-Yang, Weiss, Ruby, and Pyrrha had all been trying to invite themselves along. But Blake was practiced at losing tails, and so here they sat at a cafe near the main wall. It overlooked the great forests behind the city, lush and beautiful, shadowed by the great mountains that surrounded Vale.

Here they sat, and sipped coffee and tea. She wore a casual black turtleneck with a white skirt. He wore his jeans and Pumpkin Pete hoodie.

And they didn't say anything for, what, ten minutes?

Jaune was the first to break.

"Uh, so... Um..." Jaune smiled nervously.

Blake stared intently at him.

"Yes?"

"..." Jaune sighed. "Let me guess, you want me to try out your weapon and see what happens?"

"Well..." Blake slowly nodded. "I-I do, yes... But I thought we'd get to know each other, first."

Jaune blinked.

"Oh," he mumbled. Blake smiled softly, and sipped her coffee.

"I think it's an amazing ability, Jaune," she said, "But... I'm not easily won over in romance."

"I guess I'm hardly your type," Jaune sighed. Blake smiled.

"I'm... I'm not sure about that," she said, and Jaune's eyebrows went up. "I mean, I used to think I liked tall, dark, mysterious, and edgy men. Men who were dark and mysterious, and very hurt inside. Broody."

"Er..." Jaune blinked, "Well... Okay?"

Blake sighed.

"And then I dated one," she said, "And I realized... It was terrible. I couldn't... I couldn't fix him. He didn't want to be... And... And he was..."

She sighed.

"He was... Adam Taurus," she admitted.

Jaune winced.

"Oh... Oh. I-I'm so, so sorry, Blake-"

"For what?" Blake asked quietly. "You proved... I..." She smiled slightly. "Honestly? The fear of him finding me here has hung over me. You saw what he tried to do to Weiss."

Jaune scowled.

"The fact you could fight him to a standstill is... Well..." She flushed. "Um... Remember when I told you the kind of guys I thought I liked?"

Jaune nodded slowly.

"Uh, yeah? Broody and all that stuff?"

"Well... When I was younger, it was the opposite," she said, "I liked blond, bright, happy and confident boys. Who were fiery, hotblooded, and determined to do right."

Jaune stared at her for a moment.

"Did they also wear orange?" He joked, sipping his coffee. He put it down when he saw Blake blush.

"W-Wait... You liked... Genji the Gutsy Ninja?" Jaune gasped.

"... Still do," Blake bashfully admitted. "At first, I thought Hanzo, his rival, was hotter... But over the course of the story, Genji really won my heart and admiration."

She scowled.

"At least until the timeskip ruined everything."

"I mean, the movies were pretty good," Jaune said, "But yeah, that was a hot mess."

"I guess..." She smiled at him. "Seeing you stand up to... To Adam like that? It reminded me of what I liked before all of that happened... And maybe I'm re-examining some things about myself."

"Errr..." Jaune blinked. "We... Are just talking about my Semblance here, right?"

"Well," Blake smiled, pushing some hair back behind her human ears, "You standing up to my violent psycho ex does tend to get a girl's attention."

"I..." Jaune stared down at the table. "That... It doesn't feel like it was me."

"Would you have stood in front of Weiss to protect her from Adam without your Semblance?" Blake asked.

Jaune looked up, bright red, and nodded.

"Of course I would! I-I did-!"

"Then the fact your Semblance gives you a new name and a funny accent doesn't matter," Blake said earnestly. "It's still you. The other girls... They'll understand that in time."

She smiled warmly and leaned forward a bit.

"But hopefully not too soon," she said.

Jaune... Leaned back. She pouted in confusion. He shook his head.

"I... It's just not that simple," he said quietly.

Blake opened her mouth... When two lines jabbed into them both. Electric Dust went off and they both screamed. The other patrons of the cafe shrieked and scattered, as White Fang operatives clambered over the walls. Blake reached for Gambol Shroud, pulled it out...

She was bit by a Dust round, and she was knocked off her feet. The binding fabric between the gun and the sickle snapped away into her hand. Her instincts made her tuck the fabric away up the sleeve of her casual turtleneck, just as the butt of a gun hit her face. Everything went dark.

- - -

Blake woke up to a slap. She started at the pain, and took note of the situation.

She was tied up, her hands behind her and her feet in front of her. A tight collar was around her neck, humming, and her Aura was suppressed-It had to be Aura binding. She was sitting in a forest clearing, and could barely hear the sounds of the city. She looked up, and saw a familiar redhead in black looming over her. They were in a cave of some kind, though several large tree trunks were growing through the walls and ceilings. It had been thrown up relatively recently then-Created with Earth Dust. It was a common method for making a temporary headquarters in the White Fang.

Maybe it can be seen, maybe they can find us, Blake thought frantically, even as she trembled from the malice Adam was emitting.

"It's been a while, my love," Adam snarled.

"Jaune, w-where's Jaune?" Blake gasped. Adam slapped her again, backhanded. It drew blood from her lip. She looked back, managing a scowl despite the terror billowing up inside of her.

"Where's Jaune?"

Adam stepped aside. Blake stared in horror. Jaune was strung up on a large boulder as though to be crucified. He was already bloody and bruised, and covered in cuts. He looked up with a groan.

"JAUNE!"

"He actually begged for me to take your hits," Adam growled. "You got a human to heel for you. How touching."

"P-Please, Adam," Blake begged, "Do whatever you want to me! J-Just let him go!"

"The human who humiliated me? Who's been trying to steal my girl?" Adam shook his head. "No... He's not escaping, Blake. But I'll let you watch him die, how's that?"

"NO!" Blake screamed, as Adam stalked away. He drew Wilt, and slashed off Jaune's rope bindings. The blond knight fell to his knees, and coughed.

"Get up," Adam growled.

Jaune slowly stood back up, breathing hard. Blake could tell he was terrified, yet to his credit, he held his head up high and stared back into Adam's mask.

"Just let her go," Jaune said, "And I'll-"

"You don't have any say, human," Adam stated coldly, "But I will let you die like a warrior. I can do that much."

"Adam, please!"
Blake begged. "I-I'll do anything! ANYTHING YOU WANT! PLEASE!"

She fell onto her face, tears pouring from her eyes. Her hands rubbed against eachother.

"Yes. You will," Adam harshly replied.

He swung Wilt, and Jaune's Aura collar fell off. His cuts and injuries began to heal, as Adam hefted up his katana. Jaune gulped, but his gaze remained steady.

Blake felt the fabric... The smart fabric that served as the chain in Gambol Shroud's Chain Sickle mode.

They didn't take it from me, she thought in wonder. It's part of my weapon... It's part of it... Will it be enough?!

Adam pointed the katana right at Jaune's heart.

NO CHOICE! Blake thought. Frantically, she shimmied the smart fabric down into her hands. She tensed her muscles.

"Now human, you will-"

"NO! DON'T PLEASE!" Blake shrieked. She crawled desperately, and managed to get some purchase. She sprang forward and rolled right up to Jaune. He knelt down to try and get her. She rolled so her back was facing him, and when she felt his hands, shoved the smart fabric into his hands.

Adam kicked her right in the gut, and she curled up in pain. Jaune tried to tackle Adam, but the White Faunus leader swung Wilt and unleashed a Moonblade at point black range. The red blast knocked Jaune back, slamming him through the boulder and across the cave. His Aura resisted, but there was a bright flash and explosion. Blake gasped in horror.

"JAUNE!"

Adam grabbed her by the hair and held her up painfully. She winced as he turned her to look upon the clearing smoke. Tears poured down her cheeks as she saw Jaune laying there, unmoving.

"NO! JAUNE! JAUNE!" She bawled. Several White Fang members laughed mockingly. Adam pulled her hair to make her face him.

"I granted him a warrior's death," he sneered, "You, my love, will suffer far more before you-"

There was a loud popping sound. Adam and Blake looked back at Jaune's body.

Nothing lay there, save for a small cloud of smoke. Blake's eyes widened.

What the...?!

"YO! BLAKE!"

All eyes went up to the tree branches overhead. Relief flooded Blake's body, and tears fell from her eyes.

There was Jaune, arms crossed over his chest, standing on a tree branch. The smart fabric from Gambol Shroud was wrapped around his head like a bandana, the ends waving slightly behind him. He grinned broadly, even through the cuts on his cheeks.

"JAUNE!" Blake cried out.

"You were right," Jaune called out, "And I realized something. I'm more afraid of losing my precious people... Than myself. So I won't give into fear..."

He grinned and gave a thumbs up.

"That's my ninja way!"

Blake's eyes widened in shocked recognition.

Did he... But how-?!

"KILL HIM!" Adam shouted. The White Fang opened fire with Dust rounds. Jaune vanished again in a cloud of smoke. Adam searched the trees quickly, as did Blake.

Where did he-?

She saw him on another tree branch. He jammed his fingers together into a familiar handseal, and his Aura burned like a sun.

"SHADOW CLONE JUTSU!"

All of a sudden, hundreds of copies of Jaune appeared all over the branches, walls and boulders of the HQ, completely surrounding the White Fang.

Adam's jaw dropped, as Jaune's grin shined like a beacon.

"SORRY FOR THE WAIT! THE GENJI ARC NINJA CHRONICLES HAVE JUST BEGUN! CHAPTER ONE: BEATING ALL YOUR ASSES!"

The hundreds of Shadow Clones jumped and dove for them, yelling battle cries.

"They're just illusions," Adam shouted, "They can't hurt you-!"

One Jaune punched Adam right in the jaw. He fell back, spitting blood. The other White Fang members opened fire into the huge mass of Jaunes, but the Shadow Clones either popped, or evaded the fire to land hits on them. Dozens of clones attacked Adam from all sides.

While that first hit had hurt him, Adam wasn't a formidable warrior and terrorist for nothing. He fought them furiously, swinging Wilt around and slicing through the clones like a hot knife through butter. He was driven back, back, as more clones charged and began throwing rocks and anything else they could.

Blake felt a hand reach for her collar, and snap it open. Her Aura returned, and she took Jaune's hand.

"CHEESE IT!" Jaune shouted. They ran out of the cave, dodging gunfire, followed by Adam's roars of rage... And made it out into the nighttime forest.

Jaune pulled Blake onto his back with a grin.

"I'll handle the transportation! You just heal!" He said. He climbed up a tree gracefully, and began tree hopping through them. He sailed through the trees with ease and grace, his style... Remarkably similar to hers.

"Are-Are you okay, Jaune?" Blake asked.

"Yup!" Jaune said, "Though you should call this mode 'Genji'." He grinned back at her. "Thanks for everything."

"I... You saved me-"

"Yeah, but my Semblance lets me use your Semblance, and supercharge it! It's sooo awesome!" Genji cheered. "Wow, can I do it with other Semblances? That would be super cool! Bet I could beat up a whole lot of bad guys! And become the Arckage!"

"Is... Is there such a thing?" Blake asked, unable to help her little smile as they sailed through the trees.

"No... But I can dream, can't I?"

Blake actually giggled, and held on tightly.

Maybe her childhood dreams were so silly after all... If they could be realized like this.

- - -

Because we all had a Naruto phase.

Okay let's go for list of anime.

DBZ✅
Naruto✅
One piece ❌
Bleach❌
MHA❌
JOJO❌
Gundam❌
Fairy Tale❌
Zach bell❌
Soul eater❌

Okay that's all I'm thinking about for Jaune to do something like this if anyone wants to put any anime for Jaune go for it.

We need more of Excalibur!Jaune.

How about Jaune's parents finding out what Nana Arturia has done, and that the sword has chosen Jaune?

Also maybe Ruby fan girling over the sword.....

Those are definite possibilities.

As for how Arturia got Excalibur in this world...?

Well, if she's straight up her Fate self who was reborn into Remnant with Shirou to have a mortal life? Then it's just the Fate origin.

If she is actually an expy of Arturia (close enough that if she was canon to the show Monty might have gotten sued), then the origins for Excalibur can vary. Perhaps it is a weapon forged during the Age of Magic the Pendragon family found and held onto until Arturia was worthy to wield it. Perhaps it was created by the Blacksmith or another divine being (the actual God perhaps) to remind mortals of what they could be, a manifestation of Hope itself. i would prefer to keep it ambiguous myself.

However it goes, it's still a huge responsibility for Jaune to wield it. But one he would take deadly seriously.

(Heh. In this case, Jaune is now kind of like Arturia and Ruby is like Shirou. That's a fun twist.)

We need more of Excalibur!Jaune.

How about Jaune's parents finding out what Nana Arturia has done, and that the sword has chosen Jaune?

Also maybe Ruby fan girling over the sword.....

Thats cool and all...but i want to see uncle Mordreds reaction to Jaune being deemed worthy of wielding excailbur.

Mordred: So, Father...WHY?! just why?
Nana: Because daugther..
Mordred: Son!
Nana: Daugther, he is worthy, he wields the sword not for selfish reasons, for power or recognition, he wields it for the correct reason, for others.

I suck at writing dialogue, but i find the potential reaction of Mordred to be quite interesting and hillarious.

Radian, Gallus, North Sanus

One month after the fall of Beacon

- - -

He trained. He trained and he trained and he trained. As hard as he could, every day. Nora and Ren joined him, trained with him, and then rested. But Jaune kept going straight on until he was exhausted. His sisters had to drag him back to the farmhouse, or Nora or Ren.

His parents were out, helping in Vale. Trying to save it.

And here he was, training in the copse of trees around the family mausoleum... Useless.

"HAA! HAA! YAHH!" He roared, beating the tree trunk with Crocea Mors furiously. The slices went right through the ancient wood, and the tree soon toppled. Jaune fell to his knees after, panting in the shade. He bowed his head, trying to get breath back into his lungs.

Pyrrha... Pyrrha, I failed you...

She hadn't even wanted him around as a distraction... She'd just sent him away with a kiss and a declaration of love.

I failed her...

He heard soft footsteps behind him. He turned and stared up at a slim, feminine form.

"Nana?"

The old woman smiled sadly. Her white hair was in an elegant braid behind her head. Her blue eyes shone with understanding. Her blue dress waved slightly in the breeze, over her brown boots. Her walking stick held her up as she considered him.

"Hello Jaune," she murmured. "I heard about what happened."

Jaune again bowed his head. He heard her walk up, and felt her hand on his shoulder.

"There is nothing to be ashamed of," soft and kind she spoke, "You were outmatched. Overwhelmed-"

"I failed my team. I failed... I failed the girl who loved me," Jaune whispered, fighting back tears, "I failed... Everyone."

"You lost, yes," Nana said quietly, "But it was a battle. Not the war. The war against the darkness goes on, Jaune."

Jaune slowly looked up at her, still fighting the tears threatening to emerge. Her face held nothing but compassion.

"The question is," she said softly, "Are you willing to keep fighting?"

Jaune considered it. He was still so weak, so outclassed. Cinder may as well have just killed him instantly.

He shut his eyes. He could still see Pyrrha running off. His fists clenched.

"Yes," he growled.

Nana nodded.

"All I can say is... You must not give into hate, or despair, or desperation, Jaune," she said softly. She squeezed his shoulder. "If you do that, you may fall prey to... To worse things than Cinder Fall."

"Like what?" Jaune demanded. Nana didn't so much as flinch at his angry tone.

"You may give up all the things you fight for," she answered, "Humanity is a precious gift, Jaune. You cannot discard it. Without it... You become nothing more than a tool of uncaring forces. In a fight you are a mere pawn in. Do not give in, Jaune. She... She would not want that for you."

Jaune stared into his nana's eyes. She was very old, but still so sharp. Her eyes held a deep wisdom, born from pain. Jaune slowly nodded.

"I... I won't," he said, "I swear. But I... I still can't... Do anything. I try so hard and..."

He bowed his head again in his shame.

Nana nodded. She let him go and began to walk towards the mausoleum.

"Come with me," she ordered.

Jaune got up and obeyed. They went through the old fortress manse, Arcadia, which was overgrown with trees yet still possessed an ancient, mysterious splendor. They descended down marble steps into the mausoleum.

They passed the statues of Jaune's ancestors: Roland the Great, Renaud de Montauban, and Joan D'Arc herself were preserved in stone as silent guardians.

They finally came to a coffin, large and square, in the middle of the great mausoleum. As though the lid weighed nothing, Nana pushed it off and let it fall to the floor with a loud crash.

"Look inside," Arturia said quietly.

Jaune hesitated, but obeyed. He looked inside... And his eyes widened.

"A sword...?" He murmured. His eyes bugged out in shock when he recognized it.

"But...!"

"I chose to live here with your Papa, Jaune," Nana said quietly, "To build and share in the days of peace after the Great War. I gave up my sword, at long last... But I did not forget it. The one in Camelot is a replica. A very good one, but still a replica."

She bent over, reached in, and pulled the sword up and out. She grunted and winced a bit, before turning to him.

"You... You cannot imagine the battles I have fought, the things I have seen, Jaune. Same with your Papa. I do not regret my life with him, with your grandfather, your mother, you. I do not regret the sacrifices I have made. And I do not regret that I will die, and go onto an eternal reward."

She smiled sadly.

"For eternal life in this world is overrated. But this sword... This is more than just a weapon. It is a legend weaved purely out of hope. It represents the legitimacy of humanity, uses it, and thus is proof of our future. Even the most depraved, lost, and darkened souls will feel light when they see this sword, for it speaks of the universal truth of hope."

She looked into Jaune's eyes, and held the sword out.

Jaune recoiled instinctively, and shook his head.

'I... I'm not worthy-!"

"I didn't think I was either, Jaune," Nana said softly, "But I was. A minor king's daughter with a desire for glory and justice. That's all I was, when the sword chose me."

"Chose...?" Jaune stared at the holy blade in awe.

Nana nodded.

"Draw it. Let us see what it thinks of you. Focus, Jaune. Focus on what you want to be. What you truly want to be."

Jaune stared down at the sword. He knew its history, knew how his great-grandmother had used it. How the Pendragons had wielded it to help win the Great War and bring peace to Remnant. To slay so many horrible monsters and terrible foes.

He closed his eyes, and reached out.

I want... I want to be a hero... I want to help people... I want that terrible day to never, EVER happen again... Not to anyone.

I want to justify people's faith in me...

I want... I want Pyrrha's death to mean something...

I want... To bring hope again. To make people smile once more...

He took hold of the hilt... And pulled the sword. It caught for a moment, but he kept pulling... Until it came out with a flourish. He held it up, and opened his eyes. The sword gleamed in the dim light of the mausoleum, as pure as the clouds on a sunny day.

This was Excalibur. The Sword of Light.

Nana nodded, looking very proud.

"It has chosen you, Jaune," she said quietly. "But it will still great effort to master it. You will have to abandon the shield. You will have to make yourself a shield for others. Are you willing to do that?"

Jaune nodded slowly, feeling the weight of history on him... Yet his heart was light.

"Yes."

"Then," Arturia Pendragon-Arc, once Queen of Albion and Empress of Vytal, the Lion Queen, the Queen of Knights, smiled, "Let us begin."

- - -

Damnit, I watched a little Fate for this and now I'm hooked.

Here's a question do you think Ruby would be worthy of the sword as well? Because personally I don't think she is, she's too idealistic to be a ruler.

Nana Arturia: The Sword 2
- - -

Jaune awoke to his bedroom door opening. He was up in seconds, hand going for his sword-

"It's me, Jaune, it's your Dad," Nick Arc said, stopping some distance away with his hands open and up. Jaune relaxed, and slowly nodded.

"Hey... What is it-?"

He heard angry voices echoing from the hallway. He frowned and stood up. He looked to his father, who stood there with a very serious look on his face.

"... I guess she told you, huh?" Jaune asked quietly.

Nick nodded.

"Your mom's not happy."

"I figured," Jaune sighed. He gird his sword and belt on, over his boxers and T-shirt. His father looked at the sword, and smiled softly.

"You know," he said, "When I was a boy... I dreamed of getting to wield Excalibur. The weapon of legend. The day your Nana accepted me into the family, wearing it? Was one of the happiest days of my life."

He paused and shrugged.

"It was also our wedding day, so... Super happiest day."

He reached out and ruffled Jaune's hair. He smiled a bit, but then grew serious.

"Dad," Jaune said, "I... Why did you let me go? You were always agreeing with Mom that... That I shouldn't be a Hunter."

Nick slowly nodded.

"Yeah... Well..." He sighed. "I would be proud of you as long as you did something good with your life, Jaune. As a doctor, a teacher, or a Hunter. Because... We know how horrible it can be. And nearly losing you as a baby? It... It scared her. She's always blamed herself. The world's greatest healer and she nearly lost her son... Her baby boy... Feeling helpless like that is... Is horrible. I understand it, her desire to protect you from any harm. And there's a lot of harm involved in being a Hunter."

Jaune slowly nodded. Nick reached out and squeezed his son's shoulder.

"We were trying to protect you from that. To be the shield between you kids and those kinds of horrors," Nick said softly.

"I know," Jaune said quietly. Nick then pulled his hand back, and shrugged.

"But... Since you've seen those horrors. Since you've fought through them. And since you're still going to keep doing it...? Well. I can't stop you. I won't stop you. Just know that... That your mother and I? We both love you very much. Your mother just wanted you to be safe and happy, and so did I. But you won't if we keep you cooped up here."

Jaune nodded slowly.

"I... Thanks Dad," he whispered, voice thick with emotion. Nick hugged his son, then patted him on the back and let him go.

"For what it's worth? I am very proud of you, son," Nick said, "And your mother is too. You just need... To make her understand."

Jaune sighed heavily. He stood up straight as though going into battle. His father stood aside, and let him march out of the room.

He descended the stairs, the shouting becoming much clearer. He walked into the living room, where Nana Arturia sat as regal as a queen on a green couch. His mother was stalking back and forth, waving her hands around and ranting.

"-So irresponsible-He needed therapy! He needed to recover! He doesn't need a SWORD!"

"It chose him," Arturia said patiently, "If it hadn't, he wouldn't have been able to draw it. His path is set."

"Bullshit his path is set!" Isabel raged. "He's just gotten out of a warzone! Did you SEE his eyes when he came back?! Do you know what he went through?!"

"Yes Izzy, I do," Arturia stated firmly, "And so do you. We both know what the path of the warrior holds."

"So why are you encouraging him?!" Isabel demanded, her fists clenched as she shook them at her grandmother.

"She didn't. I chose this path."

His mother started, and looked over at Jaune. He stood there feeling... Calm. Or at least, focused. He'd thought about meeting his mother after Beacon many times. How fearful he was of her reaction.

Yet now he saw less anger in her eyes and just... Fear.

"Jaune," Isabel said, "Please. Just... Give back the sword. You want to help people? I'll train you myself! There are so many people that need help-So many wounded-!"

"They'll need protection, Mom," Jaune stated firmly, "They need hope. I... I can provide that."

Isabel glared at her only son.

"You almost died when Beacon fell! You admit this-!"

"And I'm still willing to fight," Jaune said, eyes narrowed. "Or are you not going to help?"

"There are other ways to help, safer ways-!" Isabel insisted, but Arturia snorted.

"There are no more safe places, Izzy," she stated quietly. "The sword chose him. If he masters it... He could help save more lives than even you could with a hundred hospitals."

"He's my son!" Isabel snarled, tears threatening to leave her eyes.

"I know," Jaune said quietly, "But I'm not a child anymore. I haven't... I haven't been a child since my partner was murdered."

Jaune stepped forward, and faced his mother. He took a deep breath.

"I know you've never liked the idea of me being a Hunter, Mom. I know you wanted me to be safe... But I can't be. This..." He held up Excalibur, "I can't just ignore this. Ignore what's happened. I'm not asking you to be happy about this, Mom... I'm just... Just asking you to accept it."

Isabel tried very hard to hold back a sob. She wrapped her arms around him tightly, and kissed the side of his head.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... This is my fault-"

"No!" Jaune insisted. He pushed her back just enough to look her in the eyes.

"No... It was never your fault. I don't blame you... Please. Stop blaming yourself, Mom. Stop trying to make up for something that wasn't your fault... I-I..."

He closed his eyes tightly. He still saw Pyrrha's sad face as the locker door closed.

"I know how hard that is... So... So let's both try... Please?"

Isabel continued to cry. He held her tightly, as he sobbed into his chest.

His father gracefully walked in, and took Isabel into his arms. He guided her up the stairs, after she gave Jaune a last hug and kiss. They disappeared up the stairs. Jaune watched them go, before turning back to his Nana.

"Nana... Do... Do you think I can do this?"

Arturia nodded.

"The sword would not have chosen you if I didn't believe... But you can't do it alone. Or without proper training."

Jaune felt a strong arm wrap around his shoulders from behind, and yank him against a tough female body. He looked to his side to see a familiar scowl on a graying blonde woman in black and red armor.

"Aunt Mordred-?!"

"UNCLE DAMNIT!" Mordred growled.

Arturia rolled her eyes.

"We've been over this many times Mordred, there is no need to hide your gender-"

"Well I got into the habit, so there, Father," Mordred scoffed. She scowled at her great-nephew. "So... The sword chose him."

She did not bother to hide her hurt. Arturia nodded.

"Why?" Mordred demanded. "Why him?! Why not me?! Your own firstborn?!"

"Because he does not seek a crown and throne, Mordred," Arturia stated patiently, "But to help all. I'm sorry, Mordred. It does not mean you are unworthy of succeeding me."

"No, just that I cannot be the greatest of warriors," Mordred snorted. Arturia chuckled.

"Life is full of disappointments. But also great joys. After all... You will be my heir."

Mordred and Jaune's jaws dropped.

"Nana?! You-You-?"

"The situation in Vale is so grave that I have used all my connections to enact an ancient law," Arturia stated, slowly rising, "I will take the throne, as Emergency Dictator. I will take our friends and forces down to restore order, and government. It will be temporary... And I will expect you, Mordred, to take my place as Queen of Vale when the emergency has passed. I can think of no one better suited."

Mordred gaped in astonishment at her mother. Tears sprang from the corners of her eyes, but she quickly wiped them away.

"I... Father... Th-Thank you," she whispered.

"So, um... What do I do?" Jaune asked.

Arturia smiled.

"Kneel, Jaune," she commanded. "Mordred? Your sword please?"

Mordred handed it over to her mother in reverence. Arturia took it, as Jaune knelt before her. She held the sword up over Jaune in a salute.

"Jaune Arc. As Queen of Vale, I charge you with a sacred quest," she began, her voice grave and full of ancient power, "You will find allies, form a party... And seek out the intelligence behind these forces of Darkness. While long have I lived, the mysteries of this world still remain enigmas... Yet I have seen enough to know there is an intelligence behind the Grimm. You will seek it out, and destroy it."

It was the task of a lifetime... But if Nana thought he could do it? It could be done. It would be done.

"I will," Jaune said firmly, "I swear it."

Arturia hummed.

"Do you swear to uphold the principles of chivalry? To follow and glorify the True Divine in all you do? To bring mercy and aid to those in need? To bring light into the darkness, even if it costs you your life?"

Jaune felt a conviction arise in him, stronger than any that he'd ever felt before. He looked up into his great-grandmother's eyes, firm and focused.

"I do," he stated, before bowing his head again.

Arturia pressed the flat of the sword on his right shoulder, and then on his left, before she pulled it away.

"Then I, Queen Arturia, first of my name, Lion Queen of Albion and Vale, hereby dub thee Sir Jaune Arc," she stated.

Jaune rose, the solemn gravity of the moment making it hard to stand, but he found it in himself to do so. Arturia smiled softly.

"And for the next three months? Mordred will train you and your friends to ensure you can accomplish this," she stated. "After that, I shall need Mordred in Vale with me. You must not speak of your mission to any but those who will join you. You must be sure of their loyalty. Secrecy is of the utmost importance, Jaune. Do you have companions who you can trust with this quest?"

Jaune nodded, his mind already going to Nora and Ren (who were sleeping in the rooms above) and Ruby (down in Patch). It wasn't much, but it was a start.

"I do."

"Then I leave it to you, and my... Son," Arturia decided. Mordred grinned.

"Though if you are to appear at court," Arturia said wearily, "Please cease this nonsense?"

"I've kept it up for eighty years!" Mordred declared.

"Yes, we are all well aware," Arturia sighed.

Jaune snickered. Geez. One minute, his great-grandmother and his great-aunt were like the warriors of legend... And then the next squabbled like they were still kids.

It was strange but... It gave him some hope for the future.

"Don't you laugh at me!" Mordred growled, putting Jaune in a headlock, "I'm gonna make your life hell, Usurper!"

"URK! S-SORRY AUNT MORDRED-ARGH!"

"UNCLE!"

- - -

Artoria: she said uncle you win jaune.
Jaune/Mordred: what!?
Artoria: and right after I finally gave you a chance mordred oh well Jaune should be a good king
Mordred: now wait just a minute!
Jaune: yeah this is ridiculous I'm not king
Artoria: nonsense now we just need to find you a bride. That belladonna girl could work.
Isabel: mother are you sure this is a goo-
Artoria: grandbabies
Isabel: ...... And suddenly I'm fine with this.

Maybe this time Jaune will kill the bitch at Haven. She aint gone be able to dodge a blade beam.

Artoria: she said uncle you win jaune.
Jaune/Mordred: what!?
Artoria: and right after I finally gave you a chance mordred oh well Jaune should be a good king
Mordred: now wait just a minute!
Jaune: yeah this is ridiculous I'm not king
Artoria: nonsense now we just need to find you a bride. That belladonna girl could work.
Isabel: mother are you sure this is a goo-
Artoria: grandbabies
Isabel: ...... And suddenly I'm fine with this.
Jaune: She abandoned ber partner Nana. I dont want her.
Nana: but blonde kitten ears....
Jaune: I said no!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back