• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[SFW] A Pact of Monsters II [Garden of Monsters Civ/Rp/Council game] [Ended]

gibbousmoons said:
Vote change.

[X] Practice working together in combat and also try to get a better understanding of each others abilities and skills so we can organize ourselves better.

[!] Of all the idiotic half-baked plans! An hour into its journey down to the river, Avid Learner makes an about face and stalks back to the camp. Observing the complete lack of any of the more combat-capable Vorid actively defending what meager supplies of biometal the pack has left, it seethes in barely contained derision for its more mentally challenged brethren. "Fine." It says, and activates its Assembly. The earth beneath the clearing starts to shift and shake, then slowly sink, compacting the clays into an ultratough ceramic. Volitiles there, ferrous metals here . . . Null Hypothesis: uncultured Vorid raiders are unable to withstand the massed fire of defensive sentry turrets in an enclosed space.

(Moving our supplies into an underground testing chamber, surrounded by "are you bulletproof" tests)

I assumed you were using THIS vote which was directly above the gathered one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xicree said:
I assumed you were using THIS vote which was directly above the gathered one.
Mishie gathered the right post, he just didn't gather all of the right post. I'll put it here.

gibbousmoons said:
I'll also agree with the pack action, as it's in character for Avid Learner to want to know how the rest of the pack works.

[X] Practice working together in combat and also try to get a better understanding of each others abilities and skills so we can organize ourselves better.

[!] Interest piqued, Avid Learner considers its next course of action. There are several open to it, most of which were inspired by fragments of memory and data dragged to the surface of its mind by the Hivayi tracks found on the shore of the lake. There is, of course, the course of action advocated by the less intelligent Vorid, ambushing the raiders in a trap, which is immediately dropped from consideration. Putting itself near hostile Vorid is an unacceptable risk. The next possibility is creating a sheathe of bio-metal-like substance to wear as armor. Don't proginators wear clothes? The memories in question are fragmented, but really, it wasn't troubled by being naked so why would they be? The cable trailing from Avid Learner's back is a more immediate concern, but . . . it shivers at the thought. Proginators.

. . . Resistance is futile, and the Vorid uses Fabrication to create a camouflaged hollow in a spot overlooking where the tracks are densest. Hypothesis: approaching while stating that you mean no harm will ensure that at least one Hivayi stays to talk to you.

Okay, so we don't have a pack action.

We need one!

Ideas?

... Ok just do it next time, I'll give the Progenitor party side quest +3 more turns.

If our Pack action isn't to go hunt the raiders...

[X] Personal: Try to cause any raiders to be trapped within the camp if they try to steal from us.

[X] Personal: Counter-Raiding and Tracking.

Wait in Ambush for the raiders to strike, let them probe the defenses a little and send in major parts of their group before hitting the weaker points of their formation with the intention to kill, murder and spread confusion in order to make them rout: then follow said fleeing raiders back to their hideout in stealth and report back to the pack with the location for a later attack.

[X] Pack: Defensive duties. Get to know the others and work together on fending off and countering raids on our stockpiles.

[X] Defensive duties. Get to know the others and work together on fending off and countering raids on our stockpiles.

[!] Avid Learner shakes itself mentally, once more focusing on the intricate plan of- oh no. Not this again. The vorid shakes its head in a distinctly frustrated fashion. Complicated plans have problems with distracting it. It'll just walk up and introduce itself to the Hivayi with something like "I wish to learn about you." Yes, that seems simple enough to work.

[X] Personal: try and learn more about the Saurian Tyrant that had angered you.

[X] Pack: Defensive duties. Get to know the others and work together on fending off and countering raids on our stockpiles.

[X] Personal: Hunt in order to gather Biometals.

Hey: gazzer: want to fold your action into mine? Think we have a better shot that way.

And since nobody else wants it, and Kro'Lit is kinda focused on combat
[X] Looking down on the remains of his defeated foe, Kro'Lit sees what remains of it and notices the design core buried underneath the biometal, and upon returning to the camp with the others, he proposes a simple idea. He would integrate the core and evolve to become better at combat, allowing him to contribute more to the pack.

mishie said:

And since nobody else wants it, and Kro'Lit is kinda focused on combat
[X] Looking down on the remains of his defeated foe, Kro'Lit sees what remains of it and notices the design core buried underneath the biometal, and upon returning to the camp with the others, he proposes a simple idea. He would integrate the core and evolve to become better at combat, allowing him to contribute more to the pack.
Currently we only have 1 'formatted' core. Which was stolen. what core are you thinking of intergrating?

The Design Core: Unyielding, and since Xicree never said it was stolen in the update or when I asked him for information about it, odds are he didn't decide to get rid of a part of our rewards before it could be used.

[X] Personal: Try to cause any raiders to be trapped within the camp if they try to steal from us.

[X] Personal: Attune to the territory again. Send minions in swarms as bait to counter the raiders.

So yeah, apparently when using a design core, we need to check it over with the entire group first and turn out people not disagreeing isn't the same as people agreeing. So you guys cool with me becoming more of a murdermonster? ;3

[X] Personal: Counter-Raiding and Tracking.

Wait in Ambush for the raiders to strike with Old Crow, let them probe the defenses a little and send in major parts of their group before hitting the weaker points of their formation with the intention to kill, murder and spread confusion in order to make them rout: then follow said fleeing raiders back to their hideout in stealth and report back to the pack with the location for a later attack.

mishie said:
So yeah, apparently when using a design core, we need to check it over with the entire group first and turn out people not disagreeing isn't the same as people agreeing. So you guys cool with me becoming more of a murdermonster? ;3

I still have no idea what core you're talking about. :(

I have no designs to use the core, and do not disagree with anyone using it either.

You can have the core, I'm hoping to get a core out of the Saurian Tyrant to use.

The core is free to take realy. If someone else might want it we would debate on that rather than silly arguments as this.

Let it benefit the one who can use it I say: I want some of the theify ones from the raiders myself...

The only Formatted core we had 'Unrelenting Charge' was STOLEN check the Camp screen we have a few 'blank' cores and a little bit of Biometal.

Bloodshifter said:
The only Formatted core we had 'Unrelenting Charge' was STOLEN check the Camp screen we have a few 'blank' cores and a little bit of Biometal.

Uhh, I just searched through the thread for 'Unrelenting Charge' and I haven't found anything, mind linking me the post where we got it/lost it? Also, considering how I've been talking to Xicree, the guy running this thing about the core and he hasn't mentioned anything about it having been stolen, I'm going to side with him over you about this.

edit
WORD OF XI:

[23:14] Xale He's wrong you're right.

{Design Core: Unyielding} (Unlocks the 'Unyielding' bonus skill)
This is what we had, Blame my bad memory, We have no Design Core on the Camp Screen unless its not an 'item' in which case it doesn't matter who uses it.

Anywho Unyielding would fit better with me or Eden wouldn't it? Neither one of us are spring chickens both are fairly massive, not to mention it might allow better 'mini-vorids' from Eden.

I don't really mind either way since it's not something I could use anyways, but we really should stack skills that works with each other.

I don't think Unyielding really works with a 'hunter' type that generally doesn't have to defend against attacks...

Adyen said:
I don't really mind either way since it's not something I could use anyways, but we really should stack skills that works with each other.

I don't think Unyielding really works with a 'hunter' type that generally doesn't have to defend against attacks...
Depending on how it interacts with the Vorid User. 'Unyielding' can be 'does not give up' ie Stamina UP for something/one or 'doesn't break' Def UP(like you stated) or 'Mind doesn't change' Ideal UP.

It depends on how one reads it.

How would you think it'd work out with my end? (Just Wondering)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back