• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[SFW] A Pact of Monsters II [Garden of Monsters Civ/Rp/Council game] [Ended]

Reasonable, since the pack does the get used to the others thing.

"Don't maul me murderkitten, it's not like I don't want to spend time with you..."

Yea not joining WAFFLED. If you really wanted to protect the Stores against by the looks of it max Challenge 5 Enemies either put me on Defense or 2 of our non-hunters.

I'll join the Pack Action though.

I'll agree with the Pack Action.

That aside my end of things this iteration works out well without being turn-bogged, so we can technically form another group-effort, how about it Blood?

Bloodshifter said:
Yea not joining WAFFLED. If you really wanted to protect the Stores against by the looks of it max Challenge 5 Enemies either put me on Defense or 2 of our non-hunters.

I'll join the Pack Action though.

Thing is though, we kinda are putting you on defense, he'll you're the core part of it since your abilities mean you'll auto-win against them unless you get fucked hard by the dice. The reason for the other two helping out is that Eden's Garden ensure we have the maximum amount of Raiders lured in and Avid Learner means that instead of just getting their biometal and cores (which are still awesome), we'll also be able to get information out of them such as where their camp is so we can finish them off the next turn. And if we get really lucky on the rolls, the two of you will even be able to turn some of them into our minions.

As for everybody that I missed, Ephemeral of Existence is best off doing the same as last turn and building more structures, although we shouldn't waste too many turns building up in this area, because we will have to move eventually. Kohas made the mistake last turn of playing smart last turn and hunting normally, when instead he should be taking advantage of Inverse Order and playing stupid and going for enemies with a larger challenge rating since that will mean he's more likely to fail, thus making him more likely to succeed because he's fun like that. As for Verethragna, he can continue to explore since he can bail out of bad fights with Air Form and win most easy fights with Warrior Form.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll also agree with the pack action, as it's in character for Avid Learner to want to know how the rest of the pack works.

[X] Practice working together in combat and also try to get a better understanding of each others abilities and skills so we can organize ourselves better.

[!] Interest piqued, Avid Learner considers its next course of action. There are several open to it, most of which were inspired by fragments of memory and data dragged to the surface of its mind by the Hivayi tracks found on the shore of the lake. There is, of course, the course of action advocated by the less intelligent Vorid, ambushing the raiders in a trap, which is immediately dropped from consideration. Putting itself near hostile Vorid is an unacceptable risk. The next possibility is creating a sheathe of bio-metal-like substance to wear as armor. Don't proginators wear clothes? The memories in question are fragmented, but really, it wasn't troubled by being naked so why would they be? The cable trailing from Avid Learner's back is a more immediate concern, but . . . it shivers at the thought. Proginators.

. . . Resistance is futile, and the Vorid uses Fabrication to create a camouflaged hollow in a spot overlooking where the tracks are densest. Hypothesis: approaching while stating that you mean no harm will ensure that at least one Hivayi stays to talk to you.

Pack action: [X] Practice working together in combat and also try to get a better understanding of each others abilities and skills so we can organize ourselves better.

Personal action: [X] If you don't succeed the first time, try, try, and try again. To make something lasting, something absolute, it is no simple task. Quick? Easy? No. Furthermore, it is far easier to think of and imagine something 'complete' but the process, the steps, the very components are another matter entirely. Without strong, well made components, and a interior that will hold up, it is but a empty shell. Furthermore, upon further consideration and thought for long term prospects, a poor, immobile design will but be a waste when it comes time to move. And so...

And so one must make the structure but easy to disassemble when the time comes. By disconnecting the internal secondary wall- an addition over the initial design- and removing the interior support beams, one can then piece by piece, disassemble the storage structure for movement. Of course, that's the basic plan. But there is more than just Biometal to store. Cores... and if the Pack comes across it, Bloodmetal.

With that in mind, expanding the storage facility's size is ideal, with sub-compartments for cores and Bloodmetal set aside. However, to do that effectively, each uses the initially planned revision. However, the primary structure itself will have to be further reinforced, second set of walls within the first. Beyond that, precautionary measures are needed, but well, that is what one has Pack members for. Securing and guarding the facility itself.

The is only so much one can do on one's own. All the same, a sufficiently dedicated, powerful Vorid would render the measure only a brief pause to their efforts. However, to lesser Vorids, it would be a sufficient barrier to buy the time needed for the Pack to eliminate the would-be thief. Furthermore, the refined design makes for easy repairs and maintainance- no. It's not enough still.

If the structure sustains damage or more precisely, a particular area, the design as is would not allow for safe keeping while undergoing repairs. Instead, the design must be adjusted so that it is easy to isolate off the damaged sections as to not allow for vulnerability during repairs. A particular note of importance should a group of Vorid attack in succession. Or worse, multiple back-to-back assaults. It would not do for the storage facility to lack such design incorporation for these possibilities.

With such basic needs and requisites in mind, Ephemeral of Existence began his work.

Hmm. I don't know whether that Pact action is good for me or not because all penalties and bonuses are flipped for me. I'm not sure how that actually works in terms of pact actions, but if the -40 last turn was any sign, I might literally inverse all bonuses if I'm part of the group.

I think I might try to do a separate pact action this turn just to test it.

Adyen said:
Hmm. I don't know whether that Pact action is good for me or not because all penalties and bonuses are flipped for me. I'm not sure how that actually works in terms of pact actions, but if the -40 last turn was any sign, I might literally inverse all bonuses if I'm part of the group.

Pact action is as a 'group'. Only the winning one counts iircly. Also, skills/etc. don't apply for it (most anyways iircly). Only group modifiers.

Events OTOH (like combat)... it would iircly. Depending on which part of what plan you're in. So if you join in on the Personal Action group-thing, THEN it will take effect on it... well I'm not entirely sure how that'd work out still.

Adyen said:

Its PACK Action just don't activate any abilities/spells. Your Passives only kinda fuck us over as bad is good for you/us?

@Rein
@Mishi
Sorry but, I can't see anything that would require that much firepower at once. Hey if you find how took our fucking Bloodmetal though count me in for any plan to murderize the fucker.

On that note Editing vote a bit. Man Sov Rein is turning out to be a jackass. I support this.

Blood isn't your job to play defense on the raiders and dominate on them on plan waffleod?

Pack action: [X] Practice working together in combat and also try to get a better understanding of each others abilities and skills so we can organize ourselves better.

Personal action: [X] Plan WAFFLEO
...nearly typed WAIFULEO

Bloodshifter said:
Its PACK Action just don't activate any abilities/spells. Your Passives only kinda fuck us over as bad is good for you/us?

@Rein
@Mishi
Sorry but, I can't see anything that would require that much firepower at once. Hey if you find how took our fucking Bloodmetal though count me in for any plan to murderize the fucker.

On that note Editing vote a bit. Man Sov Rein is turning out to be a jackass. I support this.

Well, the character that needs that much firepower is the one that will have at least a challenge rating of 50, and according to Xi would not only provide biometal and cores, but also unique rewards, that's what we want as much firepower for. That and the fact that well, we have a stat that's all about how well we can work as a team, that increases as we work as a team, and most likely gives us bonuses when working as a team. As such, by working together as a team, we can not only get better rewards than going around solo, but also improve that stat which will have bonuses for later on, hence why I wanted to have at least 2 different groups working together in different ways, because once again, the whole point of us making this pact is that we did it to work together, not just work near each other.

Eh. If it doesn't trigger anything, then I don't mind that pack action.

Hm... it seems like everyone's voted already.

Mishie, you'll have to rework the joint Personal-Action plan if Bloodshifter still doesn't part-take in it.

ReinZero said:
Hm... it seems like everyone's voted already.

Mishie, you'll have to rework the joint Personal-Action plan if Bloodshifter still doesn't part-take in it.

Which indeed I won't, busy murdering bird vorids in a fit of kingly rage.

Ok if everyone has posted then someone gather up everything in one spot for me nice and neat.

Not having to hunt down all the votes individually helps alot.

Quick Vote Change.
Personal
[X] Operation WAFFLEO

Pack
[X] Practice working together in combat and also try to get a better understanding of each others abilities and skills so we can organize ourselves better.

Vote change.

[!] Of all the idiotic half-baked plans! An hour into its journey down to the river, Avid Learner makes an about face and stalks back to the camp. Observing the complete lack of any of the more combat-capable Vorid actively defending what meager supplies of biometal the pack has left, it seethes in barely contained derision for its more mentally challenged brethren. "Fine." It says, and activates its Assembly. The earth beneath the clearing starts to shift and shake, then slowly sink, compacting the clays into an ultratough ceramic. Volitiles there, ferrous metals here . . . Null Hypothesis: uncultured Vorid raiders are unable to withstand the massed fire of defensive sentry turrets in an enclosed space.

(Moving our supplies into an underground testing chamber, surrounded by "are you bulletproof" tests)

Whelp, time to do the final changes to shit:

[X] Pact Action
Practice working together in combat and also try to get a better understanding of each others abilities and skills so we can organize ourselves better.

[X] Personal Action
After his slightly less than impressive last hunt, Kro'Lit take a moment to think back on his very simple mistake. Ironically it was the exact same one that he had been mocking his prey for, he had grown arrogant in his strength and had underestimated his prey. A mistake he would not make again. And when he saw Old Crow and Zerelth return with their spoils, he realized the simple solution. Although we called ourselves a pack, we were not acting as one, instead of combining their strengths to bring down foes stronger than themselves for incredible rewards, we instead split up and hunted alone apart from these two. As such, Kro'Lit went to the others and outlined a simple plan. He, Old Crow, Zerelth and Eternal Storm would head out after the Vorid that he had been tracking and would work together to bring it down, and not only would they get far more biometal than if they had hunted individually, but others would see that they had been able to take down such a great foe and would learn to fear them. When he goes to them, they all agree to go along with him on his Hunt, and to prepare he tells them as much as he remembers about their prey, and he made sure to ask Old Crow and Zerelth for advice on working together in combat.

Sadly his second plan to trap the Raiders wouldn't be able to work, since when he went to get Sov Rein assistance, he had already decided that he wanted to fight the Raiders by himself and couldn't be persuaded to help the pack out. As such, he suggested to Eden's Garden that he try to spawn again, but this time Verethragna would defend him using Golden Sword and Warrior Form to fight off any attackers on the camp.

Vote count:

Personal actions:

[X] Operation WAFFLEO
Mishie, CrawlingChaos74, kinglugia, Wing101, MrGazzer and Cyanios.

ReinZero:
[X] If you don't succeed the first time, try, try, and try again. To make something lasting, something absolute, it is no simple task. Quick? Easy? No. Furthermore, it is far easier to think of and imagine something 'complete' but the process, the steps, the very components are another matter entirely. Without strong, well made components, and a interior that will hold up, it is but a empty shell. Furthermore, upon further consideration and thought for long term prospects, a poor, immobile design will but be a waste when it comes time to move. And so...

And so one must make the structure but easy to disassemble when the time comes. By disconnecting the internal secondary wall- an addition over the initial design- and removing the interior support beams, one can then piece by piece, disassemble the storage structure for movement. Of course, that's the basic plan. But there is more than just Biometal to store. Cores... and if the Pack comes across it, Bloodmetal.

With that in mind, expanding the storage facility's size is ideal, with sub-compartments for cores and Bloodmetal set aside. However, to do that effectively, each uses the initially planned revision. However, the primary structure itself will have to be further reinforced, second set of walls within the first. Beyond that, precautionary measures are needed, but well, that is what one has Pack members for. Securing and guarding the facility itself.

The is only so much one can do on one's own. All the same, a sufficiently dedicated, powerful Vorid would render the measure only a brief pause to their efforts. However, to lesser Vorids, it would be a sufficient barrier to buy the time needed for the Pack to eliminate the would-be thief. Furthermore, the refined design makes for easy repairs and maintainance- no. It's not enough still.

If the structure sustains damage or more precisely, a particular area, the design as is would not allow for safe keeping while undergoing repairs. Instead, the design must be adjusted so that it is easy to isolate off the damaged sections as to not allow for vulnerability during repairs. A particular note of importance should a group of Vorid attack in succession. Or worse, multiple back-to-back assaults. It would not do for the storage facility to lack such design incorporation for these possibilities.

With such basic needs and requisites in mind, Ephemeral of Existence began his work.

Bloodshifter:
[X] Hunt down Raider Birds. Last cycle a pack mate encountered a large nest of thieving Avain Vorids, of his discovery he was mauled by them. I tried not to laugh too loud as he ate from our stores to heal himself. Then I notice the lack of one very important piece of our stores. Bloodmetal our most precious treasure, I push through our meager stocks and I couldn't find it.

I push past my pack mates, ignoring their pleas of some grand trap. They had taken something precious from us I intend to slaughter those worthless scum to a vorid.

Adyen:
[X]Clear a wider area around the home base and bring the cleared trees back for future use. (So we can see raiders earlier)

gibbousmoons:
[!] Interest piqued, Avid Learner considers its next course of action. There are several open to it, most of which were inspired by fragments of memory and data dragged to the surface of its mind by the Hivayi tracks found on the shore of the lake. There is, of course, the course of action advocated by the less intelligent Vorid, ambushing the raiders in a trap, which is immediately dropped from consideration. Putting itself near hostile Vorid is an unacceptable risk. The next possibility is creating a sheathe of bio-metal-like substance to wear as armor. Don't proginators wear clothes? The memories in question are fragmented, but really, it wasn't troubled by being naked so why would they be? The cable trailing from Avid Learner's back is a more immediate concern, but . . . it shivers at the thought. Proginators.

Mishie how about I take Sov Reins place in playing defense this I do have wind form that I can use for an ambush this way you three people to play defense and my Golden sword should help in capturing the raiders?

Wing101 said:
Mishie how about I take Sov Reins place in playing defense this I do have wind form that I can use for an ambush this way you three people to play defense and my Golden sword should help in capturing the raiders?
I would like you to say that again, except this time you should use punctuation and grammar.

gibbousmoons said:
I would like you to say that again, except this time you should use punctuation and grammar.

Sorry I was in a bit of a hurry. What I'm saying is that since Sov Rein refuse to take part in Operation WAFFLEO when defending the camp from raiders I'll take his place so that we have another defender in the camp. I can't dominate the raiders since I don't have youth form yet but I can capture or kill most of them with my Golden Sword spell which takes lock's there abilities so Avid Learner can get information from them.

Then I'm going back to my original action. Mishie can change it.

ROLLS FOR MONTH 1

GROUP ROLL
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100-40 : 36 - 40, total -4[/blockquote]

Player: Gibbousmoons
Name: Avid Learner
Bonuses: 9 technical, 6 ideal, 5 planning, -10 challenge
Action Scouting: 1d100+9+6+5-10

Player: Wing101
Name: Verethragna
Bonuses = 3 Combat, 10 ideal, 3+3 modifier, 3 bonus skill, -10 grouping bonus, -45 Directed Challenge, -1d25 area challenge

Player: KingLugia
Name: Eden's Garden
Bonuses: 9d4-2 bonus skills, -10 grouping bonus

Player: CrawlingChaos74
Name: Eternal Storm
Bonuses: 8 combat, 5 ideal, 8+8 modifier, 14 bonus skill, -10 grouping bonus

Player: MrGazzer
Name: Zerelth
Bonuses: 5 Combat, 5 ideal, 5+5 modifier, 3 bonus skill, -10 grouping bonus,

Player: Cyanios
Name: Old Crow
Bonuses: 6 combat, 7 ideal, 6+6 modifier, 3+6 bonus skill, -10 grouping bonus,

Player: Mishie
Name: Kro'Lit
Bonuses: 10 combat, 5 ideal, 10+10 modifier, 3 planning, 1d5+10 bonus skill, -10 grouping bonus

Action Hunting: 1d100+6+7+6+6+3+6+5+5+5+5+5+3+3+10+3+3+8+5+8+8+14+10+5+10+10+3+1d5+9d4-2+10-10-10-10-10-10-10-45-1d25

Player: Adyen
Name: Kohas
Bonuses: 12 ideal, +10 challenge (inverted), -20 challenge
Action Doing Battle with Seeder path Vorid: 1d100+12+10-20

Player: Bloodshifter
Name: Sov Rein
Bonuses: 5 combat, 7 ideal, 1+5 modifier, -1d25 area challenge, -30 direct challenge (Challenge rolled separately. If challenge total lower than skills total then automatic win)
Action Hunting: 1d100+5+7+1+5-30
Challenge roll: 1d25 If under 18 add to roll, if over 18 take away from roll.

Player: ReinZero
Name: Ephemeral of Existence
Bonuses: 4 Technical, 7 ideal, 4 modifier, -25 direct challenge
Action Storehouse setup: 1d100+4+7+4-25

Player: CrawlingChaos74
Name: Eternal Storm
Bonuses: 8 combat, 5 ideal, 8+8 modifier, 1d5+14+3 bonus skill, -10 grouping bonus, -45 Directed Challenge, -1d25 area challenge

Player: MrGazzer
Name: Zerelth
Bonuses: 5 Combat, 5 ideal, 5+5 modifier, 1d5+3 bonus skill, -10 grouping bonus,

Player: Cyanios
Name: Old Crow
Bonuses: 6 combat, 7 ideal, 6+6 modifier, 1d5+3+6 bonus skill, -10 grouping bonus,

Player: Mishie
Name: Kro'Lit
Bonuses: 10 combat, 5 ideal, 10+10 modifier, 1d5+3 bonus skill, 3 planning, 1d5+10 bonus skill, -10 grouping bonus

Action Hunting: 1d100+8+5+8+8+14+3+5+5+5+5+5+3+6+7+6+6+3+6+10+5+10+10+3+3+10+5d5-10-10-10-10-55-1d25

Player: Wing101
Name: Verethragna
Bonuses = 3 Combat, 10 ideal, 3+3 modifier, 3 bonus skill, -10 grouping bonus, -1d15 Challenge

Player: KingLugia
Name: Eden's Garden
Bonuses: 9d4-2 bonus skills, -10 grouping bonus

Action Attunement: 1d100+9d4-2+3+10+3+3+3-10-10-1d15

So Kinglua should probably be the one to roll for Defense right?
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4616019/

Edit: Also our group roll is once again horrible.

Dat Group Roll.

Meh Sov be WINNING.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4616205/

Sov Rein demands puny Avian Vorids to hand over their Bloodmetal and their lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back