• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[SFW] A Pact of Monsters II [Garden of Monsters Civ/Rp/Council game] [Ended]

Re: [NSFW] A Pact of Monsters II [Garden of Monsters Civ/Rp/Council game]

Adyen said:
Eh. I thought since it say 1 or 2 I could use "of" as a non word.

Hmm. Is a spell that reverses success and failure in an area for rolls Ok for a spell instead?

It'd be pretty point less... you'd be better off with Area of Failure as a spell and Growth though failure as an ability modifier. Since reversing success and failure basically gives exactly the same success and failure chances as a regular roll.

Where as you could do something like designate home base as your area of failure sink... and use your team mates who make rolls at home as a source of potential failures.

Actually, the rolls favor successes because of doubles and the 100+. A reverse of that makes it 60%+ of all rolls becomes failures.

Ah, you could have one that reverses for a target, but not an area.

If it's for single target, can I make the neutrals (40-60) minor failures (those rolls don't help, but has minor failures where it's really minor and easily fixed but still failures)?

Yes.

Name: Kohas

Character Description: Vaguely humanoid with three claws on each side, Kohas is not big, is not small, and does not seem strong. A wide grin is permanently etched on his face, which shows nothing else but a pair of eyes. Kohas does not believe victory can be gained from winning everything, but rather learned from losses and is willing to lose continuously until it win.

Initial Path: Experience

Ideal: Failure

Body Type: Humanoid

Operational Philosophy: The only victory lies in defeat - and defeat is only a learning experience.

Efficiency Ratings:
Technical Proficiency: 3
Combat Proficiency: 0
Ideal Proficiency: 12

Ability Modifiers:
Growth though Failure - Technical - Every failure brings a chance to accumulate Advancement Points. (roll 1d2 on Failures 1: gains 1 advancement point 2: gives none)
Schadenfreude - Technical - All bonuses applied/used to/by Kohas are reduced from its rolls and vice versa. (Except for Proficiency)

Spells:
Aura of Failure - Ideal - All rolls on the target have reversed conclusions. All successes are failures, critical successes are critical failures, and neutrals are minor failures. Includes doubles and 100+ rolls.

Bonus Skills:
Inverse order - Inverts the challenge bonus of 1 enemy when in a group, but inverts the roll table for self when alone. All successes become failures and only failures succeed.
Persistent Failure - Allows this unit to reroll any failed roll involving it once per turn with a -10 penalty.

CHARACTER SHEET

Name: Sov Rein

Character Description: Sov Rein is arrogant and self serving, he measures others not at face value but, through the strength of their Ideals. A small dust storm is perpetually around him partially obscuring him from view.

Initial Path: Overwhelm

Ideal: Dominion

Body Type: Arachnid

Operational Philosophy: Sov Rein isn't shy of charging into battle against overwhelming numbers. Sov prefers to find and fight other strong Vorids in personal combat to pit is Ideal against their own. Sov's style is to overwhelm his opponents as soon as possible in straight combat.

Efficiency Ratings:
Technical Proficiency – 3
Combat Proficiency – 5
Ideal Proficiency – 7

Ability Modifiers:
Air Sense-Technical Proficiency- Sov has linked his own senses with that of the surrounding air and can detect to an lesser degree things in his blind spots as well as invisible foes within an small area.

Spike-Tipped Legs-Combat Proficiency- Sov's legs all end in sharp spikes allowing him to climb objects and stick to walls as well as turning his front pair of legs into crude claws to hold prey. Deals Piercing Damage.

Bonus Skills:
Right of Rule - You may consider a combat roll won vs an enemy if its challenge bonus is lower than yours numerically. This counts each for each enemy individually.

Subjugate - During combat with a group of enemies roll 1d(# of enemies). If 1 then you add the challenge bonus of the weakest enemy in the group to your own.

Spells:
Sovereign's Right- Sov pits his Ideal against the opposing Ideal should he win Sov may Increase/Decrease 1 Proficiency temporarily. Effect increases dependent on gap of Ideal Difference.
[Notes-This also means that he must pass the Ideal Check on Allies as well as Enemies as he is attempting to 'claim' them as his own and Vorids by their nature refuse to be ruled by others. If he is a 'leader' of a pack (minions) he may forgo the Check. Cannot target self.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Once again. Boil down the Path to One Word.

Warlord maybe?

My Web Fu is failing me, I can't find any Scary Looking Cat Girls.

Halp?

Just saw this. Also, on mobile atm. Xicree, mind if I reuse my char from the previous iteration/run? (I'll put it up on here later once I'm on a comp.) Mod magic.

Name: Ephemeral of Existence

Character Description: Resembling a proper 'humanoid' in appearance, Ephemeral is not quite so much properly that. The eyes are but silvery and a long flowing strands of 'hair'... belaying its 'gender' (male). Its general appearance seems androgynous and generally styled along a smooth 'suit-like' appearance that is a matching silver and black with a gray tinge. Depending on role and task, its appearance shifts but retains its humanoid body. Generally though, its more oft used alternative style is slightly fox themed, though mainly pertaining its ears and a faux tail that is technically weaponized while sacrificing defense for mobility and agility. Another alternative variant employed at times takes after a 'wolf' theme, though omitting the tail in favor of significantly denser 'hair' that acts as a light but effective defense that can double as an offensive weapon.

Initial Path: Existence

Ideal: Actualization - The ideas and thoughts that are... but comes to be. Ever changing, ever shifting, here and not. However, without coming to be, they are nothing. I am but one that brings such things to come. As long as it is, it may come into being.

Body Type: Humanoid

Operational Philosophy: Nothing is impossible. Every 'thing' can be existent. Failure is nonexistent, there is only setbacks. Success is the only final possibility. What one cannot do alone, one shall call upon the might of others, under one common or overlapping cause.

Efficiency Ratings:
- Technical Proficiency: 4
- Combat Proficiency: 4
- Ideal Proficiency: 7

Ability Modifiers:
Conceptual Strike – Combat – Everything Exists, but that also means everything has something which is tied to it that gives it meaning... and is what is 'identified' with it. As such, the realization and thus following reaction can be utilized to remove part of the process, thus giving the impression that something occurred despite the lack of 'sufficient' action. There is no need to truly strike the target if one can actualize such a thing at a distance.
Refinement – Technical – What has yet to come... can always be made better... and better. There is no such thing as a flawless existence, and neither a perfect existence. As such, performance grows overtime with activity and pursuit in an endeavor or activity. Extends to combat experiences and scales with damage taken/done while gaining more in the event of a failure, minimal gain... or major gain/success. Moderate outcomes tend to generate less results/progress except for damage done to it.

Spells:
<Manifestation>: One may bring into being what one has knowledge thereof or need of. It is the truest sense of Actualization as it brings things into Existence. However, complexity and 'sentience' generally add much more cost, effort, and time needed to complete it, as well as power.

Sorry sorry.

Everything else is good right also edited.

Maybe have something that lets you spawn spiderlings?

Kekekekeke.

Cyanios said:
Maybe have something that lets you spawn spiderlings?

Kekekekeke.

Later I plan to grow into making Minions figure I need a Seeder Core first...

Bloodshifter said:
Later I plan to grow into making Minions figure I need a Seeder Core first...
Why not start with it? Your path to the ideal of dominion is overwhelm. Follow your instincts and spam minions for the glory of the swarm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DDjrm-GLzA

Ok these are the potential players right now. Anyone else coming in will have to wow me to get in.

Wing101 -

gibbousmoons

kinglugia

MrGazzer

CrawlingChaos74

Adyen

Bloodshifter

Cyanios

I want to mutate spines and be all stealthy hydralisk on people now. How easy is that to do Xi?

Xicree said:
Ok these are the potential players right now. Anyone else coming in will have to wow me to get in.

Wing101 -

gibbousmoons

kinglugia

MrGazzer

CrawlingChaos74

Adyen

Bloodshifter

Cyanios
Yay! I'm in, and whats more, Murder Cat Girl is not as pig headed as my old Bear guy.

Indeed mister deathbunny. We will rule the shadows together.

Cyanios said:
Indeed mister deathbunny. We will rule the shadows together.
"Just because we work together doesn't mean I l-like you, or anything! O-our skills just c-compliment each others! B-baka!"

MrGazzer said:
"Just because we work together doesn't mean I l-like you, or anything! O-our skills just c-compliment each others! B-baka!"
I think my tsundere detector is broken. It's pinging something fierce right now. :p

Well, at least ReinZero, gibbousmoons and I would be able to build things together~

kinglugia said:
Well, at least ReinZero, gibbousmoons and I would be able to build things together~
Indeed. Seems like you are our construction/research crew. I think if Bloodshifter keeps the enemy focused on him that me and deathbunny can butcher the fuck out of em from the flanks and rear for combat.

kinglugia said:

I'm not on the 'list'. That's one part.

Second, you guys have at least 3 people that are overlapping in the same category/field. Gib isn't fully a builder, though his lends to it and has no conflict. Likewise, yours works out pretty well as well too.

Adyen's just looks purely like a min-max build especially towards immediate gains. It doesn't take that much to tell. It also contributes little to a group due to his initial stat load out, thus actual battle participation means someone has to cover his ass. Which... I see no tanks.

Unlike the previous iteration's group, this one is split between support/non-combatants and overly specialized- overlapping. Which means the group lacks firepower for hunting/etc. Overall it's not looking good IMO.

Looks like I'm in sweet guess it's time for me read up on the guys I'll be working with.

I can make /any/ type of minions I wanted to, ReinZero.

MrGazzer said:
Swarm of tiny tanks?
Stop giving me the mental images of a swarm of tonks defeating our enemies...

If necessary I can change my guy to take the tank role. My ideal of Eternity fit's it well enough, I'd just need to change my Path and Philosophy.

Edit: here's a possible alteration.

Initial Path: Titan. To endure is to succeed, weathering the blows of your enemies you triumph against all odds. Your attacks shatter all that stands before with your strength, just as time erodes even the greatest of monuments. You have little use for stealth using it only to draw near to prey.

Operational Philosophy: You know the truth of the world, that only the mighty can truly endure. As such you shrug off blows which would kill your lessers and retaliate with unrelenting force. To ensure that your enemies can not flee your wrath, you have have learned stealth and patience. Better to wait till the moment is right and attack rather than see all you work wasted should your prey flee your wrath. Though mighty you have come to acknowledge that there is strength in numbers even if it will pass in time as all others do.

Spell:
Eternal Renewal – Even the might can be brought low, through what was once done can also be undone. By calling on his Ideal, the Eternal Storm undoes any damage done to him restoring what was once brought low.

Character Description: The Vorid that is known as the Eternal Storm seeks to endure and outlast all that is and will be. Stalking his prey and shrugging off their mightiest attacks even as his rend them limb from limb is his way. He considers others to be passing things that will fade in time, as such he rarely holds any emotion other than indifference to them. If something does catch his attention however, he will often pursue that it till his satisfaction is met.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back