• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[SFW] A Pact of Monsters II [Garden of Monsters Civ/Rp/Council game] [Ended]

Re: [NSFW] A Pact of Monsters II [Garden of Monsters Civ/Rp/Council game]

ReinZero said:
I'm not on the 'list'. That's one part.

Second, you guys have at least 3 people that are overlapping in the same category/field. Gib isn't fully a builder, though his lends to it and has no conflict. Likewise, yours works out pretty well as well too.

Adyen's just looks purely like a min-max build especially towards immediate gains. It doesn't take that much to tell. It also contributes little to a group due to his initial stat load out, thus actual battle participation means someone has to cover his ass. Which... I see no tanks.

Unlike the previous iteration's group, this one is split between support/non-combatants and overly specialized- overlapping. Which means the group lacks firepower for hunting/etc. Overall it's not looking good IMO.
Does social conflict not ping your conflict radar, because I've been talking with Xicree about getting plenty of that laid out for Avid Learner.

ReinZero said:
Adyen's just looks purely like a min-max build especially towards immediate gains. It doesn't take that much to tell. It also contributes little to a group due to his initial stat load out, thus actual battle participation means someone has to cover his ass. Which... I see no tanks.

What? No, I was just reading Madeka Box when I saw this, so I went theme-y instead.

Cyanios said:
Indeed. Seems like you are our construction/research crew. I think if Bloodshifter keeps the enemy focused on him that me and deathbunny can butcher the fuck out of em from the flanks and rear for combat.

Bloodshifter is not a tank.

Also, I'm not in, apparently, as it's 'first come first served' from the looks of things.

kinglugia said:
I can make /any/ type of minions I wanted to, ReinZero.

Indeed, but if we use the previous iteration as a standard? Why don't we use that as a standard? Because going by that logic then I wouldn't have had the issues I faced last iteration.

CrawlingChaos74 said:
If necessary I can change my guy to take the tank role. My ideal of Eternity fit's it well enough, I'd just need to change my Path and Philosophy.

And of course, since it won't affect your slot-ing that seems fair doesn't it?

gibbousmoons said:
Does social conflict not ping your conflict radar, because I've been talking with Xicree about getting plenty of that laid out for Avid Learner.

I wasn't even referring to your end. I even noted that on the chat.

Adyen said:
What? No, I was just reading Madeka Box when I saw this, so I went theme-y instead.

Given what you had proposed over on Megaolix's RP at one point... I will take your words with a grain of salt. Though, that makes yours probably as blatant as Wing101's 'theme-y'.

What, you mean this guy isn't theme-y enough?

288px-Misogi_Kumagawa.jpg

I feel the need to say my Ideal and Path can lead to the glaringly obvisious path of Zerg 2.0 Zerg Harder. OR The path of King of the Battlefield. Dominion can be interpreted as merely to have Kingship.

Translated thusly its the Ideal of Kingship. Combined with Overwhelm defined as to bury under superior *Stuff/Numbers/Firepower*.

When taken together in a certain light its Ideal of Kingship through the path of Superior Strength.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adyen said:
What, you mean this guy isn't theme-y enough?

I said you were being as blatant about it as Wing101 is. Which, as you failed to realize it, kind of proves my other point on your build being min-max-y. So you're not helping your case.

tl;dr : I was saying you were waving a neon bright sign saying THEME-CENTRAL. Yet you read it as the exact opposite. So... yeah.

Bloodshifter said:
I feel the need to say my Ideal and Path can lead to the glaringly obvisious path of Zerg 2.0 Zerg Harder. OR The path of King of the Battlefield. Dominion can be interpreted as merely to have Kingship.

Translated thusly its the Ideal of Kingship. Combined with Overwhelm defined as to bury under superior *Stuff/Numbers/Firepower*.

When taken together in a certain light its Ideal of Kingship through the path of Superior Strength.

Kinglugia's is closer towards Zerg-ing due to minion maker. You lack such, but instead are more towards 'taking control of' instead.

---

That aside, Bloodshifter's approach's application to 'social' clashes with gib's, though unlike gib's is not technically intended for that purpose... it just needs it to function for how it is, no?

But on the other hand, it would mean taking Kinglugia's minions out from under him. And... Vorids that join up into the pack as well.

ReinZero said:
And of course, since it won't affect your slot-ing that seems fair doesn't it?
If it does affect my slot and Xicree decides that I'm no longer suitable, I'd understand. I'd be disappointed, but I'd rather have a well rounded team.

It's sarcasm.

But to be honest, I'm actually a pretty effective tank not in the traditional damage sense, but rather because Aura of Failure is really good against single targets.

As long as I keep that on a target, they will miss 60+% of the time. That's really nothing to sneeze at since this ability only gets better as the enemy gets stronger (if they have +10, it's a 70+% chance to fail any actions they take. +20 makes it 80%.).

CrawlingChaos74 said:
If it does affect my slot and Xicree decides that I'm no longer suitable, I'd understand. I'd be disappointed, but I'd rather have a well rounded team.

It seems basic logic does not apply over the internet. My apologies.

How does drafting another character and not having it go through the same screening process (if there is even one) count as 'fair'? Or rather, how does it make the screening process not a joke?

And if people cared, then the later half of the applicants wouldn't have been you know, all ones that have overlaps. Then again, it's hard to say it wasn't first come first served, thanks to that very same fact. As such, I would say you're fine as long as the sheet doesn't have any problems.

Adyen said:

The timing on your sarcasm sucks then, because you chose to do that when someone is saying they're barely willing to take your words as prospective truth.

But to be honest, I'm actually a pretty effective tank not in the traditional damage sense, but rather because Aura of Failure is really good against single targets.

As long as I keep that on a target, they will miss 60+% of the time. That's really nothing to sneeze at since this ability only gets better as the enemy gets stronger (if they have +10, it's a 70+% chance to fail any actions they take. +20 makes it 80%.).

You have 0 in the combat stat no? And since none of your skills/etc. cover tanking or taking damage as well... that's a very fragile tank. And you're only worth against a single target. That aside, you just explained why your setup/build is either min-maxed or unbalanced for gameplay purposes.

Rein: the one who did not submit a proper sheet should be quiet about other people and their chars.

In effect he would be an debuffer while someone else draws the attention of the bad guy. Like our spider guy. He is likely handy at that.

Cyanios said:
Rein: the one who did not submit a proper sheet should be quiet about other people and their chars.

I actually did submit a proper sheet if you bother to check. Gib helped bring over while I was out on mobile, thus I fixed and adjusted proper afterwards.

And if you're going to go about that, your sheet's status and mine are related still then.

In effect he would be an debuffer while someone else draws the attention of the bad guy. Like our spider guy. He is likely handy at that.

And that's... single target again no? Also, how is it remotely balanced when you consider that it makes challenges/etc. in any sort of 'combat' then... not remotely challenging nor a threat but even less than mook spam?

CrawlingChaos74 said:

I like your first one best.

Reminds me of some Temporal fish that used to chase me all over Easter Island in my old RP... they were made of the doom.

Xicree said:
Reminds me of some Temporal fish that used to chase me all over Easter Island in my old RP... they were made of the doom.
Hora? I must know more about it then. Please, do tell me, hora.

Ok these are the potential players right now. Anyone else coming in will have to wow me to get in.

Wing101 - Verethragna (Approved)
Bonus Skills:
Ideal Forge - Allows the application of direct debuffs to almost any opponent where normally they would be ignored. (Reduces combat challenge of any fight, amount variable)
Victorious - Combat rolls are increased by [bonus 1/2 Ideal: 5] cumulatively with every challenge of the same creature, and [bonus 1/2 Ideal: 2] with the same creature type.

Gibbousmoons - Avid Learner (Approved)
Bonus Skills:
Social Control - Your participation in any group activity increases the group cohesion. (+3 per player participant in group rolls.)
Avid technician - Technical rolls increase by [bonus +Ideal: 7] where you have prepared on the turn before hand. Moving locations demands new setup time.

Kinglugia - Eden's Garden (Approved)
Bonus Skills:
Biometal Generator: Can generate bio-metal 10 units a turn. Removes side effects of combat regen during events.
Seed Whore: Generates minions to do combat for him. This is bonuses directly substitutes for all other combat rolls from this character. (Roll 9d4-2 minion combat bonus)

MrGazzer - Zerelth (Approved)
Bonus Skills:
Dark Storm - Allows the concealment of an area, presenting a +3 bonus to all stealth and combat actions.
Blood Drinker - Each enemy which must be faced is the springboard by which one can fight all others. Allows a +2 bonus to roll per opponent being faced.

CrawlingChaos74 - Eternal Storm (Approved)
Bonus Skills:
Temporal Tempering - Allows you to apply your bonuses twice in combat. [Bonus total x 1.5]
Temporal enhancement - Allows the use of temporally based techniques.

Adyen - Kohas (Approved)
Bonus Skills:
Inverse order - Inverts the challenge bonus of 1 enemy when in a group, but inverts the roll table for self when alone. All successes become failures and only failures succeed.
Persistent Failure - Allows this unit to reroll any failed roll involving it once per turn with a -10 penalty.

Bloodshifter - Sov Rein (Approved)
Bonus Skills:
Right of Rule - You may consider a combat roll won vs an enemy if its challenge bonus is lower than yours numerically. This counts each for each enemy individually.
Subjugate - During combat with a group of enemies roll 1d(# of enemies). If 1 then you add the challenge bonus of the weakest enemy in the group to your own.

Cyanios - Old Crow (Approved)
Bonus Skills:
Perfect Stealth: +6 to Stealth based Combat actions and events.
From the Night: May ask to roll a 2d7 modifier on any stealth action. This will apply a bonus equal to the result. This bonus can apply negatively in some situations.

ReinZero - Ephemeral Existence (Accepted)
Bonus Skills:
Rework - Allows the full use of technical skills in combat rolls.
Actualize - Allows for permanent structures to be summoned from pure ideal and refined with use. Accumulates Advancement points on doubles.

Mishie - Kro'Lit (Approved)
Bonus Skills:
I hunt - Offensively initiated combat gains 1d5+10 to positive planning bonuses. In Group combat this allows an extra 1d5 bonus roll per player character other than you.
Therefore I am - Kro'Lit's trophies of his prey allow him to study them in greater detail for eventual upgrades. All successes give chance 1d2 chance for AP.

Yay: sneaky sneaky bird thing is in. :D

Xicree said:
MrGazzer - [If you wanted a Killy Cat girl Gazer you need to label your stuff as Combat. All technical skills count for 1/2 during combat and vice verci]
Bonus Skills: (I'm waiting to see if you want to make them combat skills or keep them technical, both result in a drastically different bonus skillset)
NA
NA

Well...We're keeping the Grue Generator, and making it combat/ideal...but the infiltrator eyes can be switched to something like...

Vampire Matrix- Combat- A Matrix that allows the absorption of materials from still living vorids, to heal it's user, comes in the form of razor sharp retractable fangs and claws.

MrGazzer said:
Well...We're keeping the Grue Generator, and making it combat/ideal...but the infiltrator eyes can be switched to something like...

Vampire Matrix- Combat- A Matrix that allows the absorption of materials from still living vorids, to heal it's user, comes in the form of razor sharp retractable fangs and claws.
"I-I'm only n-nibbling on you because I need to regain my hea-alth, not-t bec-cause I like y-you or anything: B-baka!"

Am I doing this right?:D

Cyanios said:
"I-I'm only n-nibbling on you because I need to regain my hea-alth, not-t bec-cause I like y-you or anything: B-baka!"

Am I doing this right?:D

Don't be silly. She's not going to eat you.

She needs you! B-but not in that way! They just work together really well, god, you pervert!

MrGazzer said:
Don't be silly. She's not going to eat you.

She needs you! B-but not in that way! They just work together really well, god, you pervert!
Fooling about nobody there bunny-san.

For some reason, Seed Whore somehow offends me. The name itself, not the bonus and all. Perhaps change it to something more...tasteful?

kinglugia said:
For some reason, Seed Whore somehow offends me. The name itself, not the bonus and all. Perhaps change it to something more...tasteful?
Seed Mother or Seed Maker maybe?

CrawlingChaos74 said:
Seed Mother or Seed Maker maybe?
...I refer to myself as a male.
Hmm, how about Fertile Seeds of the Father?

kinglugia said:
Stop wanking around mate. :p

kinglugia said:
Eww...leaving it everywhere is so distasteful.

kinglugia said:
Would you like me to leave them inside you then? :V
Kinky. Tho I'm not sure murder cat is the vorid to do it on the first date. Or let you get away with the insult without horrible disfigurement and later death once she is done playing.

So yeah, apparently you guys need a combat monster and somebody good for hunting? Plus Xicree said on IRC that I still had a few hours to post this so it's technically on time :D

Name: Kro'Lit

Character Description: Kro'Lit's obsession with the Hunt is best shown by his appearance. He is a large humanoid lion perfectly designed for not only navigating whatever environment that his Hunt would take him through and for tracking them with only the slightest hint of their presence left, but also for the brutal combat that will ensure at the end. Although he is more than capable of using more advanced tools than his own razor sharp claws and various spikes, he doesn't really have the patience to do so between his Hunts.

LionYongHoJi.jpg

Basically this but larger and more humanoid.

Initial Path: Hunter

Ideal: The Hunt

Body Type: Animal/Humanoid

Operational Philosophy: Some may look down on X for his simple weapons and his indifference to technology, let them do so, it will only make it the more satisfying when he hunts them down and takes their tools from what remains of their corpse. X has no need to waste his time tinkering around, to him, the hunt is all and as such he most devote himself completely to it. From the moment that he catches wind of his prey and begins the chase, looking for the smallest of clues to tell him more about his prey, until that wonderful moment has arrived. When it's just himself and his target, and soon only one of them will remain.

Efficiency Ratings:
- Technical Proficiency: 0
- Combat Proficiency: 10
- Ideal Proficiency: 5

Ability Modifiers:
Master Tracker (Combat): The most important part of the Hunt isn't the fight itself, but in first finding your prey. As such, Kro'Lit excels at not only killing his prey, but in finding them in the first place, and whilst doing so, learning as much as he can about his prey to ensure his success. As the Hunt continues, Kro'Lit gains a bonus to Combat Proficiency as he learns more about his target.
Savagery (Combat): Although the Hunt itself is a sacred act to Kro'Lit, that doesn't mean he can't enjoy himself, the longer than a fight lasts, the more he gives into his feral instincts and stop to care about small details like "I should be in incredible pain now" or "I'm pretty sure I had 2 arms at the start of this fight", instead all he cares about is finishing the Hunt. As a fight goes on, Kro'Lit's Combat Proficiency will increase, increasing faster the more than he's hurt. But as he gives in more to his bloodlust, he'll be less likely to cut his losses and escape from a fight if things go badly.

Spell:
Keep What You Kill (Ideal): The purpose of the Hunt isn't to just track down prey for Kro'Lit, but to also show respect, not just to himself and his own skills, but to those of this prey. He honors them by ensuring that he fully dedicates himself to their eventual death, that no matter how strong or weak they are, he will push himself to his limits to ensure that the Hunt is successful. And even when the Hunt is complete, he continues to show that respect by ensuring that a small part of them is carried on within himself, whether is be a technique that they used to hide themselves or even taking some of their technology as his own, Kro'Lit will continue to honor their death. As such, depending on how long the Hunt lasts for, Kro'Lit gains a bonus to AP gained once he kills them.

Oh I like this sheet. Welcome to the clan o' hunter. May your pray be many and your hunts swift.

That is awesome, I really like the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back