• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Shin Megami Campione

[X] Every minute you wait, it could be killing someone. You need to go as soon as possible, the instant she can narrow the location down. (Time Progress to Late Evening)

[X] Pants
[X] You'll wait. Information is the key to victory. (Time Progress to Late Night)

[X] Ren Suzugamori
[X] Every minute you wait, it could be killing someone. You need to go as soon as possible, the instant she can narrow the location down. (Time Progress to Late Evening)

Happerry said:
(Also if we did a female character it'd be harder to mock the later persona game's dating simulator features as we go on)
Persona 2 also had a female main char, but the 2er series had more of a team feeling anyway.

[X] Naoki Oka
The Nao can be written as honored/esteemed with the ki ranging from noble to maschine. Oka is simply hill and well esteemed machine is fitting for a SMT protagonist in the beginning only to end up as honoured noble.
[X] You'll wait. Information is the key to victory. (Time Progress to Late Night)

[X] Ren Suzugamori

Now this looks kind of fun.

So any ideas on what divinities or Campione to look out for? I don't know if this is Canon verse or an AU. (Or even a crossover where People from other fiction became Campion)

I am not sure what Campione I would like to meet myself. There are a couple interesting ones, but a good deal have a bad personality. John Pluto Smith would be great. Doni could be fun for a battle and going on adventures of idiocy or something. Lu Hao could be interesting if we do something like Chess, but with armies. Voban is troublesome and should probably be avoided, same with Alex, maybe we can find Aisha?

Gods to search for by my opinion are divinities that are fairly positive, peaceful and friendly in their legends. As all divinities normally go around bringing chaos and destruction, sometimes without even meaning to, I wonder how such gods will act.

It seems that the common characteristic of Campione-verse gods is their ego; they don't consider humans to be worth much consideration at all, except by their whim, and they'll go ahead with doing whatever they were doing anyway even if it would kill off huge numbers of humans. Even Perseus, who was supposed to be a hero, didn't care if doing so would doom the whole surrounding area; he saw a dragon, so he was going to kill it. Athena will trigger a volcano or turn most of a city into stone to win a fight. And so on. This is the origin of their reputation for havoc, it would seem.

That said, the least objectionable gods are then going to be those whose pursuits won't endanger humans and can't easily be twisted to do so. I don't know which ones are likely to show up here, not knowing anything about SMT-verse, but it's something to consider about their mythic backgrounds.

Well, to be completely fair on the subject of 'how much do gods have to imitate/repeat their legends', in SMT 1, Thor, in his cunning disguise as 'Thorman', is working for YHVH as the American ambassador to Japan in their cunning plot to defeat the demons invading the world by unleashing a nice worldwide nuclear Armageddon. (Simplifying things by a lot)

...So yah.

On the other hand it is distinctly possible to end up with allied or subordinate gods in this game, depending on your choices. They aren't cartoonish evil alignment after all.

[X] Ren Suzugamori

- [X] Ask Alia to send us a phone call once she has the information she is gathering and point us in the direction in case we didn't find anything until then.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I just need some directions." You tell her with a grin. "After all, I do have a phone, right?"

She grins back. "Ok, that's a good idea. I'm not sure how the reception down there will be, but when I find out more I'll try to call you."

So said, Alia turns back to her computer and begins to map out the reported sightings of this giant monster as you.. well, hurry up and wait. Man, it sure would be nice if you had something you could do during times like this..

Anyway, soon enough she calls out "Finished!"

"At least with the initial bit." Alia clarifies. "Comparing the recorded sightings and likely difference locations and comparing them to the map.. I think it's nesting or living or whatever in one of the old flood catching reserve pools up by the hills. I'm not sure which one, but I've circled the likely ones on this map.."

And indeed, there is a map, and several of the likely pools have circles around them, in a cluster.. Huh, according to the map, those are some big pools. How much flooding was the engineers expecting, anyway?

Still, time to go. "Thank you, Alia." You say with a smile. "It feels like.. well, after a week of hiding, doing something good is a relief." She nods with a grin. "You've never really been one to sit on your rear and stagnate, have you? Even in high school.." She sighs and shakes her head. "Anyway, good luck."

And so, it is time to head out. Looks like the best way in is an access point up by the hills. It's not like you're going to go down into the sewers immediately after all, and trek all the way there by foot. That'd just be silly.

Still, on further review of the map, you can see three pools that look especially likely to your trained eye (Or at least gut instinct and TV show trained eye). Now to choose which one to attempt to search first.. Well, once you get up there.

[ ] The first is the one farthest up into the hills. Something aquatic could find their way out into the wilds up there fairly easily, and munch down on the wildlife. It'd be a way for something to live up there and get fed without immediately being found by humans, at least, until it got big enough to consider humans as munchies..
[ ] The second is the largest one. If this monster is giant, it probably needs lots of leg room, right?
[ ] The third one.. you weren't sure why it was catching your eye at first, but then you realized it was ideally placed for access to.. well, anywhere. It was so linked up with the surrounding tunnels that it was effectively impossible to block off. Assuming the monster wanted lots of escape paths, that'd be the dome for it..

[x] The third one.. you weren't sure why it was catching your eye at first, but then you realized it was ideally placed for access to.. well, anywhere. It was so linked up with the surrounding tunnels that it was effectively impossible to block off. Assuming the monster wanted lots of escape paths, that'd be the dome for it..

As far as I understand it, gods in Campione are practically Walking Forces of nature. A sun god will create droughts, a ocean gods Tsunamis and a god of winter will ruin the weather just by being in a place for any length of time, their power Spilling out and bringing chaos etc... Of course that could be wrong as I read it in a fanfiction.

Still, I wonder what for example Hestia or Asclepios (A demi-god and sometimes deity of healing and medicine) would be like.

Also, if the Monster in question is a female divinity, we could end up with a girlfriend very fast.

The way I heard it was that a God's manifestation on the world causes those effects, but not their continued presence (Unless they actually deliberately do whatever.)

Which is why Athena can hang around after her first defeat (in canon) and not cause disasters just by existing.

On the other hand, 'stuff the gods are deliberately doing' is often destructive enough anyway that the difference is often moot.

(For that matter, stuff 'Campione are doing on purpose' can often be mistaken for a divine disaster, depending on the Campione, anyway, so..)
(Eyes Voban)

[X] The third one.. you weren't sure why it was catching your eye at first, but then you realized it was ideally placed for access to.. well, anywhere. It was so linked up with the surrounding tunnels that it was effectively impossible to block off. Assuming the monster wanted lots of escape paths, that'd be the dome for it..

[X] The third one.. you weren't sure why it was catching your eye at first, but then you realized it was ideally placed for access to.. well, anywhere. It was so linked up with the surrounding tunnels that it was effectively impossible to block off. Assuming the monster wanted lots of escape paths, that'd be the dome for it..

Happerry said:
This a typo?
[X] The first is the one farthest up into the hills. Something aquatic could find their way out into the wilds up there fairly easily, and munch down on the wildlife. It'd be a way for something to live up there and get fed without immediately being found by humans, at least, until it got big enough to consider humans as munchies..

[X] The second is the largest one. If this monster is giant, it probably needs lots of leg room, right?

My reasoning: if it's a Campione-verse god, its driving factor is going to be, as discussed above, ego. (There are some exceptions to this, but usually they're not the ones randomly attacking.) Therefore, they're not going to have come down from out of the wilds, and they're not going to care about escape routes. They're going to go for whichever one inflates their consequence the most, which here probably means the biggest.

Of course, there are a whole lot of assumptions behind that. Vote subject to change if I think it stops being the most likely hypothesis.

alethiophile said:
[X] The second is the largest one. If this monster is giant, it probably needs lots of leg room, right?

My reasoning: if it's a Campione-verse god, its driving factor is going to be, as discussed above, ego. (There are some exceptions to this, but usually they're not the ones randomly attacking.) Therefore, they're not going to have come down from out of the wilds, and they're not going to care about escape routes. They're going to go for whichever one inflates their consequence the most, which here probably means the biggest.

Of course, there are a whole lot of assumptions behind that. Vote subject to change if I think it stops being the most likely hypothesis.

IIRC Campione also has Monsters.

Or... Was that PJ and the Olympians?

Hmm.

Don't forget the Shin Megami Tensei part of the crossover...

Alexander said:
Meaning there may be demons. Can we contract them?
Please note your current lack of access to the Demon Pact Program. (On the other hand, the old standby of hitting demons until they agree to do what the stronger one wants is always around, and so is the strange option of actually talking to them.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Wheel of Ages has turned and turned...
As you drive south through the streets to the Hills from the Dolist Station area where Alia lives, you come to a realization.. to be precise, once you find the monster, what exactly are you going to do to it? You don't have any weapons! You may have had some success crafting the fire you can control into simple items.. but do you really want to depend on that in combat? You've never really stress tested it..
But every wheel has an end.
[ ] You'll trust the powers you've gained. Go directly to the dome!
[ ] No, you need a weapon. Even if you can make a fire weapon that'll work, do you really want to? The sewers may not be the best place for that kind of tool.. Of course, this will take more time then just going straight there.
-[ ] Harpoon : You know where this fishing shop is.. they still sell Harpoons, for whatever reason. Some sort of heritage thing.
-[ ] Axe : You're sure you can find a nice strong Fire Axe or such in some hardware store in the area..
-[ ] Knives : It'd take a bit more looking, but their are some shops that sell good hunting knives.. or maybe an army surplus store? Either way, in the potentially cramped tunnels, knives would be easy to use.
-[ ] Write In (Not just what weapon, but where to get it on short notice in a modern city.)
That ending is almost upon us...
Speaking of useful gear, should you go hunt down a first aid kit before you go in? That'd take a bit longer, but, well, medical supplies when fighting a monster... some obvious uses there.
Thusly, the Axis Mundi shall be reborn...
[ ] Get a First Aid Kit
[ ] Don't get one.
And the Original War will play to its end once again..
..Also, you need to remember to get more gas on the way back. Looks like the tank is almost empty.

[X] No, you need a weapon. Even if you can make a fire weapon that'll work, do you really want to? The sewers may not be the best place for that kind of tool.. Of course, this will take more time then just going straight there.
-[X] Harpoon : You know where this fishing shop is.. they still sell Harpoons, for whatever reason. Some sort of heritage thing.

[X] Get a First Aid Kit

Spears are awesome.

[X] No, you need a weapon. Even if you can make a fire weapon that'll work, do you really want to? The sewers may not be the best place for that kind of tool.. Of course, this will take more time then just going straight there.
-[X] Harpoon : You know where this fishing shop is.. they still sell Harpoons, for whatever reason. Some sort of heritage thing.

[X] Get a First Aid Kit
So...we go hunting for naughty god fishie?

[X] Get a First Aid Kit

Did anyone noticed the invisible text ;)

[X] Get a First Aid Kit

Last edited by a moderator:
Happerry said:
Please note your current lack of access to the Demon Pact Program. (On the other hand, the old standby of hitting demons until they agree to do what the stronger one wants is always around, and so is the strange option of actually talking to them.)

The Wheel of Ages has turned and turned...
As you drive south through the streets to the Hills from the Dolist Station area where Alia lives, you come to a realization.. to be precise, once you find the monster, what exactly are you going to do to it? You don't have any weapons! You may have had some success crafting the fire you can control into simple items.. but do you really want to depend on that in combat? You've never really stress tested it..
But every wheel has an end.
[ ] You'll trust the powers you've gained. Go directly to the dome!
[ ] No, you need a weapon. Even if you can make a fire weapon that'll work, do you really want to? The sewers may not be the best place for that kind of tool.. Of course, this will take more time then just going straight there.
-[ ] Harpoon : You know where this fishing shop is.. they still sell Harpoons, for whatever reason. Some sort of heritage thing.
-[ ] Axe : You're sure you can find a nice strong Fire Axe or such in some hardware store in the area..
-[ ] Knives : It'd take a bit more looking, but their are some shops that sell good hunting knives.. or maybe an army surplus store? Either way, in the potentially cramped tunnels, knives would be easy to use.
-[ ] Write In (Not just what weapon, but where to get it on short notice in a modern city.)
That ending is almost upon us...
Speaking of useful gear, should you go hunt down a first aid kit before you go in? That'd take a bit longer, but, well, medical supplies when fighting a monster... some obvious uses there.
Thusly, the Axis Mundi shall be reborn...
[ ] Get a First Aid Kit
[ ] Don't get one.
And the Original War will play to its end once again..
..Also, you need to remember to get more gas on the way back. Looks like the tank is almost empty.

Alexander said:
Did anyone noticed the invisible text ;)
...It's a common courtesy to both highlight the invisi-text and type 'Hora hora' -_-;
But I'll do it for now.
Edit: Hora hora

Last edited by a moderator:
kinglugia said:
...It's a common courtesy to both highlight the invisi-text and type 'Hora hora' -_-;
But I'll do it for now.
Edit: Hora hora
Is it? I always thought it was a quirk of you kinglugia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back