• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Sorcery! Quest

[X] Attack the clowns

wouldn't we know they arn't wands, simply because they don't shoot spells?

regardless, tactics to come later, i'm eating now.

iamnuff said:
wouldn't we know they arn't wands, simply because they don't shoot spells?

You can't actually sense magic. The clowns are use wand-like objects. They point them at something, there's a flash, a bang and something explodes. Seems like combat magic to her.Detect magic or a cursory examination of one the guns will reveal their true nature, but until then wand is the best explanation she has.

Disminded said:
You can't actually sense magic. The clowns are use wand-like objects. They point them at something, there's a flash, a bang and something explodes. Seems like combat magic to her.Detect magic or a cursory examination of one the guns will reveal their true nature, but until then wand is the best explanation she has.

fair enough. I was under the impression that most spells had a visual component. Like a orb of light striking the target, or such.

regardless, considering we don't actually know whats going on, and who these guys are (and just asked outselves if they are the guards) then outright killing is probably not great.

throwing more fire around is also probably not a great idea.

none of them are looking at us, we might be able to blindside someone.

our only combat spells are fire orb and colour spray.

unless you can weaponize mage hand?

if our constition is superhuman, i wonder how we would fair against bullets...

probably best not to test that.

also, one of the "clowns" is preparing a "bundle of red tubes" which is almost surely Dynamite.

[X] colourspray the guy holding the red tube thing, if he's using it in the middle of a firefight, then its probably a weapon.

yaaaay, make him drop the flammable explosives on the floor of a burning warehouse!

either i'm a total retard, or a tactical genius.

actually, i guess we could just fireorb him to make him explode himself?

definately murder, but probably pretty funny.

[X] fire orb the guy with the red tubes, if he's using it in the middle of a fire-fight, then its probably a weapon.. then colour spray the rest of the clowns (who are still standing)

that should turn the tide a little, perhaps give the "thief" some room to breathe.

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
I just read a Quest where we start Demonic and when asked what we want from a high level wizard, we asked for friends.

Proportionally the white knights still appear to be the dominating faction.

Yeah I was bitching about that on the last page myself.

Anyway, part of me really wants to just kill them all but we really need info on where we are... Eh. I guess I'll abstain from this one.

[X] fire orb the guy with the red tubes, if he's using it in the middle of a fire-fight, then its probably a weapon.. then colour spray the rest of the clowns (who are still standing)

Explosions!

iamnuff said:
would a victory dance be in bad taste?

>:D
Isn't that the entire point of a victory dance?

As for the friends bit, I voted for that because the other options (apart from the 'others like me' option which seemed to be rather similar to 'friends' in tone but with us actually giving a shit about our demonic heritage which I wasn't in the mood for) sounded like they'd lead to generic adventuring which I wasn't really in the mood for either.
A somewhat sociopathic demon-spawn wandering around with the vague goal of finding friends but no idea how to achieve that and several handicaps in the form of an evil aura and an extreme unwillingness to talk with others about her feelings and desires, and most importantly a tendency to burninate things and people which get in her way or are just in her general vincinity while she's annoyed sounded hilarious in contrast.
We'll see how it actually turns out, but my fingers are crossed.

Ehh yea no one voted really 4 votes and friends won pah.

What WERE the other options?

Bloodshifter said:
Ehh yea no one voted really 4 votes and friends won pah.

What WERE the other options?

[X] To grow beyond my limitations.
[X] To find others like me.
[X] To see new lands.
[X] Money and Power!
[X] … Friends.
[X] Something Else

Ellipses before friends due to the embarrassment you'd have giving that answer.

And I did wait two days for votes. *Shrugs*

[X] You know what this scene needs? More fire! Use your flaming orb to help the fire spread.

Fire makes everything better.

If you don't find this accurate, you obviously aren't using enough flames.

nick012000 said:
[ ] "Everyone stop fighting!"

... Just... What? Demon-Blooded Sociopathic socially-awkward and neglected Girl with a penchant for setting things on fire... and you want her to tell everyone to stop...

I can actually see this working out with some modifications actually.

Mostly us asking where the hell we are nicely... with some fireballs... because they're pretty... yep, no other reason at all.

Edit: Sorry about that first paragraph. I was just caught off guard by just how ooc that statement was... really caught off guard.

ShadowAngelBeta said:
... Just... What? Demon-Blooded Sociopathic socially-awkward and neglected Girl with a penchant for setting things on fire... and you want her to tell everyone to stop...

I can actually see this working out with some modifications actually.

Mostly us asking where the hell we are nicely... with some fireballs... because they're pretty... yep, no other reason at all.

Edit: Sorry about that first paragraph. I was just caught off guard by just how ooc that statement was... really caught off guard.
Well, she is here because she wants to make friends.

nick012000 said:
Well, she is here because she wants to make friends.
Wanting to make friends does not mean she's an air-headed psuedo-pacifistic shounen protagonist.
Neither does it mean she suddenly cares about the lives of strangers.
In other words: Explode away!

Vindictus said:
[X] You know what this scene needs? More fire! Use your flaming orb to help the fire spread.

Fire makes everything better.

If you don't find this accurate, you obviously aren't using enough flames.

eh, just randomly spreading fire around might be less effective than throwing it at the guy with the bomb.

afterall, we don't want him to have a chance to throw it before it explodes.

IC though, we "know" that they are using wands, and this guy has stopped using his wand to reach for something else, so its a pretty sure bet that its a fair bit more powerful than the stuff they were using before.

Big Boom​

You like to think you're a logical being. The clowns are using some moderately impressive wands. One clown has stopped using his wand to toy with a bundle of red cylinders. The cylinders must thus be more powerful than the wands…

You're not sure exactly what the red thing does, so you default to "set shit on fire" which, granted, has served you admirably throughout your life. You call up your hellfire, smirking as it burns in your veins, shape it with a word, and guide it with gesture. To an outsider, it looks like you simply dip your hand into the thin air and draw forth a fistful of flames.

With a flick of your wrist you send a fiery comet rocketing towards the clown with the red cylinders. It hits and the clown is briefly swathed in dark red flame. Then-

BOOM!!!

You don't hear the ensuing explosion so much as feel it like a hammer blow to your chest. You stumble backwards, stunned. When the smoke clears and you have regained your senses, the clown you hit is gone, two others are on the ground not moving, and the last two are staggered.

Shaking yourself, you dash out from cover towards the surviving clowns. One sees you and triggers his wand, drawing a line of fire across your side as you try to twist out of the way. You hiss, your teeth bared. It stings, but the rush of hellfire you draw on afterward hurts more, making the bloody wound sizzle as some of the energy bleeds off there. The rest courses down your arm as you throw out your splayed hand, a hideous rainbow of clashing colors exploding from your fingertips.

When the light fades, you see both of the thugs laid out on the ground and smile, feeling a warm flush of victory.

No, wait. That's the fire. It now covers half the warehouse. The building groans with the weight of the flames, and that alchemical device you… the clown set off has done the structure no great favors. The heady perfume of smoke in the air is rapidly heading towards "choking death."

So… probably time to leave?

As you think that, the purple figure lurches out from behind the stack of crates and then stumbles, nearly falling to his knees as he clutches his side in pain.

What do you do?
[X] Leave. Every sorcerer for herself.
[X] Help Purple out. You saved his life, that pretty much means he has to be your friend, right?
[X] Purple can take care of himself. Help the (surviving) clowns out. If you save them, maybe they'll forget you just killed their friends…
[X] Write-in.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Help Purple out. You saved his life, that pretty much means he has to be your friend, right?
-->[Q] "I saved you, so now I own you. That's how it works, right? Eh, something like that anyway."

Vindictus said:
-->[Q] "I saved you, so now I own you. That's how it works, right? Eh, something like that anyway."
I like the way you think!

- [X] At the very least he can tell you where the hell you are.

he?

I was under the impression we already knew it was a woman?

iamnuff said:

he?

I was under the impression we already knew it was a woman?

... No? IC, I think you just know it's a slight figure in purple. Unless I've written otherwise, in which case go with that.

very first post about it, the voting option for this crossover.

A large warehouse. A purple clad and cloaked figure crouches behind a pile of crates, brutal looking clowns(?) point metal wands that spark and thunder at her location.

frankly, the fact that you specified that its a woman is the only reason i managed to guess who it was.

regardless, if that was just a hint for us, rather than something our character has noticed then its fine. I was just pointing it out.

Its not like we won't realize the moment she opens her mouth, or gets within ten feet of us.

"baggy and concealing" is not a phrase that has ever been used to describe a DC costume.

A New Friend​

You decide that you came here to make friends and saving someone's life seems an excellent start to this, so when Purple stumbles out from behind cover and then falls to his knees, you rush over to help.

You quickly discover a number of things. First, Purple is a her, judging from the now obvious curvature of her tight purple garments. Second, she's bleeding from a wound in her side, akin to the gash in your own (you briefly wonder how badly you'd be hurting if you didn't have your demonic resilience). Finally-

"Mgi…Mgi nve vcj?"

She apparently speaks an entirely different language. Huh…

You pause, wondering what to do as Purple regards you. Or you think she is. It's a bit difficult to tell given the black mask she wears under her purple hood (which seems rather redundant to you)… If you simply grab her and start dragging her out, she might react… badly. You know you'd have to set someone on fire if they tried that with you. However, given the growth of the fire and the toll it's taken on the structure of the warehouse…

Thankfully, the warehouse itself helps both you and Purple decide. The far side of the warehouse begins caving in, timbers cracking and falling to the warehouse floor like fiery comets, shattering crates or breaking on the stone floors.

Purple jerks to the side at the sound, before clutching her side as the sudden movement aggravates her wound.

You start walking forward, hands held out and open in front of you to show you don't have weapons. "Alright," you say softly, on the off chance she could understand you. "I'm just trying to help you. Please don't hit me or I'll set you on fire."

And then you kneel, reach out and put Purple's arm over your shoulders before rising again, ignoring the hiss of pain as you pulled her up with you. You half-walk, half-drag her out of the burning building. You find a side door, and soon you're out. The cool night air floods your lungs, nearly freezing after the furnace-like heat of the warehouse.

You begin making your way away from the burning warehouse. You're not sure if you'd survive it falling on you, but Purple definitely wouldn't. And it'd be terrible to lose your new friend. Beyond the merrily crackling building are other, similar, buildings, all in bad repair, though none are actually on fire. It's night, though the sky seems oddly starless. In the distance you can see huge towers, all of them far taller than the Old Man's tower at the academy.

What do you do?

[ ] There are some strange, wailing sounds approaching from the direction of the towers. Better go investigate them.
[ ] Purple seems to be directing you to a strange metal wagon. What would she want with that?
[ ] Better to go to ground and hide until this is over. One of the neighboring buildings should do…
[ ] Set Purple down and put your (absolute lack of) medical skills to good use! The red stuff is supposed to be on the inside, right?
[ ] Write in.

[X] Purple seems to be directing you to a strange metal wagon. What would she want with that?

[X] Purple seems to be directing you to a strange metal wagon. What would she want with that?

[ ] Set Purple down and put your (absolute lack of) medical skills to good use! The red stuff is supposed to be on the inside, right?

ambulance? or possibly her own ride? either way, if she's pointing towards it, it can probably do a lot more to help her than our fumblings.

although....

"red stuff on the inside" sounds like just a joke about how we don't know shit about first aid, but something to slow the bleeding would actually be really useful.

get her to the "metal wagon" THEN try to stop the bleeding I say though. she can call for help on her radio and the car might have medical supplies in it, even if we don't know shit about first aid, we would probably recognize a bandage if we saw one.

tl:dr follow her lead for now, she knows this world better than you.

Grand Theft Wagon​

You half drag, half walk her over to the strange metal hulk on the basis that she must have had some faint clue of what to do. You examine it as you draw near. From the wheels, you guess it's some kind of conveyance, though you see no place to hitch up horses or oxen, so you're not sure how she expects the thing to move. You are rather impressed by the quality of the glass in the windows. You can't see any flaws in them at all, and while it's difficult to tell at night, you suspect it wouldn't warp the light too much…

She keeps gesturing in and grunting in her odd gibberish until you drag her over to the far side of the car, at which point she braces herself against the thing with one hand, draws back the other and, with a pained grunt, punches through the glass.

You smile at the casual destruction as Purple reaches inside, pulls something, then opens the door by manipulating an indentation in the side before sliding into a cushy looking seat. She promptly begins fiddling with something under the wheel in front of her…

Truly, your first impulse to label her a thief might have been quite accurate.

You hear the faint wailing sounds from before growing louder and louder. You can tell there were several distinct wails, not quite overlapping. They are still some miles away, so you probably have plenty of time.

As you think this, the metal wagon suddenly roars into life. You jerk away from what it quickly as Purple turn to regard you. She gestures for you to come inside. You hesitate for a moment, taking a half step toward her. That may have been a mistake as she simply leans out, grabs you by the wrist and hauls you into the wagon. You fall in a quite undignified position across her lap before you feel a hand hook under one of your thighs and hear another pained grunt as she manages to lever you all the way in. After a moment of quite undignified squirming, you manage to settle yourself into a sitting position as you hear the door slam shut and feel the wagon growl before jerking into motion.

Nine hells, the thing moved on its own! After a dazed moment, you figure you should have seen that coming, given the design of the wagon. Still, it threw you. You watch as Purple flips a switch and the area in front of the car lights up. Even as the wagon began picking up speed. Soon you estimate the wagon to be moving far faster than a horse can run (not that you've ever ridden a horse, animals not being your biggest fans).

You notice that the wound in her side has soaked her purple suit and that her hands are less than steady on the wheel, leading to worrying jerks and shifts as you barrel down the road…

[X] This is awesome! Get her to go faster, faster, faster!
[X] Try to calm her down and urge her to got slower.
[X] Try to get her to stop. She's obviously in no fit condition to operate this wagon.
[X] Chill out and take in the sights.
[X] Write-in

yeah, stopping is a terrible idea, considering she's desperately trying to get home before she bleeds out, slowing down might be bad too.

speeding up is equally bad considering we have no idea if she is even going to remain conscious through this.

actually hmm.

per best bet would probably have been "ditch the suit, lets the cops find her, then go to hospital like a normal person"

hmmm.

if we had some sort of healing ability/first aid training this would be a great place to use it.

hell, we have absurd con, we probably wouldn't shrug off bullets, but we could take one a hell of a lot better than her...

kinda wish we had some way to heal her at the expense of our own hp. that sounds like proper blood magic healing, doesn't it?

can we do something to try and stop the bleeding now?

[X] rip off a piece of cloth (from your clothes or her cloak, either or) then apply it to the wound, try and stop her from losing any more blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back