• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Little Uchiha - A Naruto Quest

I wonder if we're going to get any free XP in some field from sharingan copy this time...
I mean, most Uchiha don't challenge the 'learn grand fireball' hurdle with their sharingan already active!

next month lets do
Chakra Control - 5
Taijustu - 5
Genjustu -5
Kunai - 5

every month we could switch Genjustu/Kunai with Running/Ninjustu but keep Taijustu and chakra control the same in every vote since they kinda are more important early on.

Even splits are a 'sometimes' food.
Agreed. Maybe more

[x] Plan: Ham on 5 hold the Mayo
[x] Kunai - 8
[x] Genjutsu - 5
[x] Chakra Control -5
[x] Taijutsu - 2

I kind of like the idea of a comical approach to genjutsu. Like, hit someone with a genjutsu that makes them hear 'POW!' whenever they or someone else hits something while they're looking.

every month we could switch Genjustu/Kunai with Running/Ninjustu but keep Taijustu and chakra control the same in every vote since they kinda are more important early on.
I'd rather make Ninjutsu the permanent one. Running is still a physical thing, so it goes towards the body part of the sage mode business.

[permanent] Chakra Control
[permanent] Ninjutsu
[swap] Taijutsu/Running
[swap] Genjutsu/Kunai

Ninjutsu is just as important, though. And so is running. And from what I understand, our stealth stats are tied nicely to genjutsu. And we've shown a marked talent for kunai that we've never bothered putting XP in.

Agreed. Maybe more

[x] Plan: Ham on 5 hold the Mayo
[x] Kunai - 8
[x] Genjutsu - 5
[x] Chakra Control -5
[x] Taijutsu - 2

I kind of like the idea of a comical approach to genjutsu. Like, hit someone with a genjutsu that makes them hear 'POW!' whenever they or someone else hits something while they're looking.
If you have the x's there, that'd be your vote for this month.

true Ninjustu is important but not as much as Taijustu or chakra control why? well if you have High chakra control and can in theory master any justu which is kinda true and it helps you waste less chakra over all meaning more chakra for battle use. Taijustu to me add bonus to our over all combat.

true Ninjustu is important but not as much as Taijustu or chakra control why? well if you have High chakra control and can in theory master any justu which is kinda true and it helps you waste less chakra over all meaning more chakra for battle use. Taijustu to me add bonus to our over all combat.
Yeah, but we need giant ass chakra to get cat sage mode. Giant ass chakra isn't going to build itself up. The more we stretch our reserves, the more they will grow. The best way to maximize that chakra drain is to focus on ninjutsu while also abusing the hell out of the sharingan.

Oh, right.

[X] Use your knowledge of Leaf Sticking to attempt climbing up

[X] Plan 100x100 In-N-Out Burger
-[X] Chakra Control - 5
-[X] Ninjutsu - 5
-[X] Taijutsu - 5
-[X] Running - 5
You could've just taken the x's out of Ham and Mayo
See, the problem with that is...
Chakra control isn't enough for senjutsu, which a lot of us want. We need raw reserves, and Ninjutsu is the best source for that...and early on is the best time to expand reserves.

you guys keep forgetting we are like 4 years old, we have a lot of time increasing our chakra reserves it honestly not that hard. I just want our boy Hibiki to have god like chakra control while he's young which to me perfect chakra control is rare.

you guys keep forgetting we are like 4 years old, we have a lot of time increasing our chakra reserves it honestly not that hard. I just want our boy Hibiki to have god like chakra control while he's young which to me perfect chakra control is rare.
Right... and no one is arguing that we should be removing chakra control as a focus?

Sage mode needs three things: Control, Lots of Chakra, and a Stronk Bodeh. Voting for chakra control will obviously help with the Control prereq. Voting for Ninjutsu will help with the second prereq. Voting for Taijutsu OR Running as both improve the body, so having Taijutsu swap with Running every other month (or whatever we end up voting on) means that no matter what option gets voted for, the prerequisites for sage mode are progressing.

Plus Running is basically our speed/stamina training. Our old sensei was right about ninja living or dying on their feet. Running is how fast we can move, how long we can run, and also our ability to dodge. So while Taijutsu makes us a stronger and more skiilled fighter, Running makes us a faster and more agile fighter.

I think people are also making mistakes in believing that Chakra Control can stand in for the Ninjutsu and Genjutsu stat.

A better way to look at it is:

Chakra control is a prerequisite to unlock things in Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, Taijutsu, and Iryojutsu. However, you also need to have a similar level in each of those stats in order to unlock the techniques. you need BOTH. So while yes, Chakra control is important, it does not inherently make Ninjutsu and Genjutsu obsolete. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I don't think that anyone is thinking Chakra Control stands in for anything else?
I'm pretty sure the idea is more to maximise chakra control traits while we still can and boost the thing that boosts our Nin and Genjutsu learning speed before sinking too many actions into those, because that's just proper sequencing.

Personally, I'm not all that keen on doing much for either of those, but it's still pretty clear that we want/need at the very least a solid grounding in both and getting great chakra control not only makes that cheaper and faster to acquire but also unlocks more interesting things to do with our chakra in general.

Yeah, but we need giant ass chakra to get cat sage mode. Giant ass chakra isn't going to build itself up. The more we stretch our reserves, the more they will grow. The best way to maximize that chakra drain is to focus on ninjutsu while also abusing the hell out of the sharingan.
See, the problem with that is...
Chakra control isn't enough for senjutsu, which a lot of us want. We need raw reserves, and Ninjutsu is the best source for that...and early on is the best time to expand reserves.
Right... and no one is arguing that we should be removing chakra control as a focus?

Sage mode needs three things: Control, Lots of Chakra, and a Stronk Bodeh. Voting for chakra control will obviously help with the Control prereq. Voting for Ninjutsu will help with the second prereq. Voting for Taijutsu OR Running as both improve the body, so having Taijutsu swap with Running every other month (or whatever we end up voting on) means that no matter what option gets voted for, the prerequisites for sage mode are progressing.

I was arguing the fact the chakra control was more important than Ninjustu to me early one, what does Sage mode have to do with anything early on? Thats gonna take years to even think about. Sage mode is kinda rare that IC wise unless something happens or we meet someone it's pretty OOC for Hibiki to even think about it at this point. am only say early Child hood stage pre-academy Taijustu and Chakra hell even Kunai is more important that Ninjustu since we they won't really grade us on Ninjustu besides the basic 3 which with perfect chakra control is a cake walk. I just was say focusing mostly on Taijustu and Control before and during the Academy of our youth we should focus on them. Ninjustu and everything else we can spam/focus on training when we turn genin. since our sensei will be more open to us learning new justu's.

I'm pretty sure the idea is more to maximise chakra control traits while we still can and boost the thing that boosts our Nin and Genjutsu learning speed before sinking too many actions into those, because that's just proper sequencing.
But does it do that?

But does it do that?
I think it should? If we can super easily control our Chakra then shaping it into a Genjutsu or a Element should be easier and more efficient. I see no reason it shouldn't boost our learning speed for those skills, and then you add the Sharingan into the mix, we have one hell of a easy time learning how to perform jutsu of anykind.

I was arguing the fact the chakra control was more important than Ninjustu to me early one, what does Sage mode have to do with anything early on? Thats gonna take years to even think about. Sage mode is kinda rare that IC wise unless something happens or we meet someone it's pretty OOC for Hibiki to even think about it at this point. am only say early Child hood stage pre-academy Taijustu and Chakra hell even Kunai is more important that Ninjustu since we they won't really grade us un Ninjustu besides the basic 3 which with perfect chakra control is a cake walk. I just was say focusing mostly on Taijustu and Control before and during the Academy of our youth we should focus on them. Ninjustu and everything else we can spam/focus on training when we turn genin. since our sensei will be more open to us learning new justu's.
Well, there is that whole Great Fireball Uchiha tradition and we're on a war time footing, so it's not like we'd be entirely limited to the Academy Jutsu.

But does it do that?
Yes.
Chakra Control is an auxillary skill. It opens up more learning paths for you; you can't learn genjutsu till control reaches a certain level. It will also give you extra exp in learning ninjutsu and genjutsu as it levels up; so yes, it does make learning ninjutsu and related stuff easier.

Admittedly that comes with the caveat:
At the moment however, you are just beginning your training in the ninja arts; you're right in that chakra control can afford to go without improvement for a while.
But I'd still stand by at least completing (and discovering) the trait before making serious ventures into either Nin or Genjutsu.

Essentially my reasoning is that, if we don't have all these skills at least at Novice by the time we're a Genin, we've probably fucked up somewhere, so at this point it's all about sequencing and developing talents.

I want talents in Taijutsu and Running, want to complete the Chakra Control Talent and believe Nin and Genjutsu can and perhaps should wait until we have the next Chakra Control rank.
Hence my voting patterns.

Look, this discussion is going around in circles. Yes, we could really do with the trait, but I'm not going to be convinced to just ignore everything else but control and physical stats in favor of one trait. It's not going to disappear just because we didn't get it this update.

Combat System:

Combat will be done by d100s. Skills have tiers, like:
  • Dreadful - The level of a civillian.
  • Worthless - A beginning academy student
  • Novice - Older student
  • Trainee - Newbie genin
  • Average - Genin; newbie chunin
  • Above Average - Chunin
  • Competent - Experienced chunin; newly promoted tokubetsu jounin
  • Skilled - Tokubetsu jounin; newly promoted jounin
  • Expert - The average, experienced jounin
  • Veteran - Jounin elite; kage
  • Master - Kage
  • Grandmaster - ?
  • Mythical - ???
The number of dice will depend on tier. There will be automatic failure in combat if someone is four tiers above you. Traits are earned over time and will offer bonuses.

Hibiki - Age 4

I believe the academy doesn't start till your age 5.

So we have the Skill level of a beginner Academy student in our overall skill set besides Chakra control which is at the level of an Older student in term of skill.

Just got back home.

how will it bite us in the ass we are like 4 years old we can't be good at everything.
Yep. Remember the age. You've got time, a little bit at least.

So, Epsilon, what woulda happened if we'd chosen both Shisui and Fugaku?
Shisui would've been present in the meeting then. Fugaku would've given you both a light scolding.

I see you've all put a lot of thought into the food named plans lol.

Voting closed. Can someone get me a tally?

I think pretty much everyone is voting for the In-n-out burger. Nothing else got five votes.

In an unrelated note, we should head to the Dango shop again sometime. We'll get to say hi to Red-Bean chan!

Last edited:
Burgers it is.

《Votes Locked》

[] Use your knowledge of Leaf Sticking to attempt climbing up

[] Plan 100x100 In-N-Out Burger
-[] Chakra Control - 5
-[] Ninjutsu - 5
-[] Taijutsu - 5
-[] Running - 5

I need the following rolls:

#Chakra Control - 5d10
#Ninjutsu - 5d10
#Taijutsu - 5d10
#Running - 5d10

In addition, someone roll a 3d100+15.

I'll do Ninjutsu. God have mercy on my soul.

Oh, hey, that wasn't awful.

[dice]6391[/dice]

Taijutsu roll.

Edit: Is that a nat 10? I think it is.

[dice]6392[/dice]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back