• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

Guile said:
Yeah, why the hell we never heard anything about him for the first 400 chapters if he was at least in Kakashi's league is weird.

Because he was a 'Mook' until suddenly he wasn't.

Besides, we totally heard of him! He was Tsunade's dead BF. The other information wasn't important until he was suddenly NOT!Dead BF.

Guile said:
Yeah, why the hell we never heard anything about him for the first 400 chapters if he was at least in Kakashi's league is weird.

Wasn't he known as a Hokage candidate and Tsunade's lover? Those are badass by default.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Wasn't he known as a Hokage candidate and Tsunade's lover? Those are badass by default.
Someone Orochimaru, Jiraiya and Sarutobi couldn't scare off? Who wasn't intimidated by the Senju name? Yeah, I can see how that dude'd be totally normal.

*snicker*

nightblade said:
That was for the Mooks.
Dude, when you're an S-class ninja, EVERYONE is a mook.
I will point out that even Ei and Killer B were instructed to run when they first met him, and they only lived through a combination of skill and the luck of having the recall signal reach Minato before he could really break out the toys.

When your jinch and Kage candidate are not a good enough deterrent against the teleporting S-class ninja, you got major problems.
Guile said:
Because he was dead.
He was mentioned as one of the two people whose loss broke Tsunade, though.

FurikoMaru said:
Someone Orochimaru, Jiraiya and Sarutobi couldn't scare off? Who wasn't intimidated by the Senju name? Yeah, I can see how that dude'd be totally normal.
*snicker*
#Aristocracy Problems
Man, Tsunade's love life must have sucked with those three around.
No wonder she blows up so often.

Now I wonder how the village would have turned out if Dan had lived and become Fourth instead of Minato.

Would Orochimaru still have taken offence at not getting selected Hokage? Or would he just have taken advantage of Tsunade to work on biological immortality?
Would Danzo have retained control of Root with Tsunade in residence and Sarutobi retired enough to pay attention? Without him running Root, would there have been an intervention in Rain to help Hanzo?
Would Jiraiya have stayed if he'd lost Tsunade to another man?
Would Kakashi's father have killed himself if there were peers available to talk him out of it?
Would the Third Shinobi War even have started if Konoha had maintained that strong a number of badasses?
Would Tobi still have attacked a village with that many S-class people standing by? Without his attack, would there have been a need to appease Cloud by sacrificing Hyuuga Hizashi?
Or even an Uchiha rebellion?

It would make an interesting divergence.

[X] Don't take any seeds. Put on a show for Sasuke with the nontoxic plants to distract him.
[X] Redhead.

We can try and gather up lethal plants latter in life when we aren't basically stuck babysitting and we don't have mum watching us as hard.

We could also pick dandelions, which are pretty and harmless (unless we need to put up a self-regenerating dandelion wall).

Guile said:
We could also pick dandelions, which are pretty and harmless (unless we need to put up a self-regenerating dandelion wall).
I've been working under the assumption that we can turn dandelion seeds into Whirligigs of Doom. Is that not the case?

Torgamous said:
I've been working under the assumption that we can turn dandelion seeds into Whirligigs of Doom. Is that not the case?
You could do that. It's spring right now, though, so if you want to do that immediately you'd have to make the plant go through its life-cycle at an accelerated rate first.

[X] Don't take any seeds. Put on a show for Sasuke with the nontoxic plants to distract him.

we can have our own garden when we are a little bigger.

Yeah, let's not have sasuke poison himself because he got bored.

FurikoMaru said:

[X] Dandelions- Torgamous, overmind, Tetsuro, Guile, MrGazzer, Alexander, delwgun, Serous, Selias, Shaderic, MHLord, boredbird. (12)

[X] Don't take any seeds. Put on a show for Sasuke- Disminded, Archanist, Zasnul, undead frog, hunter09, iamnuff, dragondude. (7)

And an overwhelming majority for naruto to be a redhead.

[X] Don't take any seeds. Put on a show for Sasuke-

However strong Minato is now actually does not matter all that much.

Let's not forget almost every other Kage level fighter has been alive at least 4 times as long as him, so they have had ridiculous amounts of time to get as strong as they are. Minato is in his early 20's. I wouldn't be surprised if by the time the plot starts, around ten more years, he is somewhere between half again and twice as powerful as he is now.

Heal be the one busitng out all those redonkulous rasengans and they won'tbe suicide techs.

[X] Good Things Grow In Ontario~

You've just finished tucking a final dandelion behind your ear when someone zooms into the garden and snatches up Sasuke before he has time to so much as squeak.

You have the assailant rooted to the spot before you notice it's not a Kumo-bloodline hunter (for whom, your mother stresses, you must always have a crotch-punch at the ready), it's just Itachi.

He stares at his legs for a moment, and then at you.

You grimace. My apologies, Itachi-san. Gently, you release him.

"Itachi?" Mikoto calls. "Is there something the matter?"

"No, mother," he replies. "Sasuke was fussing, so I picked him up."

"In the garden?!" your mother asks, stampeding out of the sitting room, through the antechamber and out onto the deck. "Naruto?"

"Is fine," Itachi assures her. "She's fascinated by the flowers."

"The poisonous flowers?!"

Ah, you've left the ground again. You hope she doesn't keep holding you this tight forever, you can't see the sunlight at this angle. Oh, that's better.

"How did you get out of your cage, you little monkey?" Kushina asks.

"Oh my," Mikoto says, sounding slightly dazed. "Kushina-chan...? You'll want to see this..."

"What's the matter?" Mother says, shifting you into an over-the-shoulder position and heading back inside.

Itachi waves. You wave back, and he smiles.

Your mother freezes.

It may just be your imagination, but you think parts of her hair might be... undulating...

Slowly, she holds you out to Mikoto.

"Mikoto-chan, would you please take my daughter for a little while?"

"... Kushina...?"

"I just need to run an errand, that's all." The false cheer in her voice almost makes you twitch.

"Kushina-chan, I know that 'smile'. What errand would this be?"

"I have a very large, very ugly, very dead snake to dispose of."

"Kushina-chan!" Mikoto says in dismay, "You're in no condition to be fighting one of the Sannin alone! Hazaka, Kamadaki?"

"Yes, ma'am?" say two until-now hidden guards.

"Kamadaki-kun, run to the Hokage's office to tell them Uzumaki Kushina's child is the Mokuton user they've been looking for and that we are en route to bring Orochimaru in for questioning. Hazaka-kun, go and tell my husband that anyone with a Bingo Book entry is welcome to join us and that if he doesn't let them go for the day he will never see the inside of my bedroom again."

The guards speed off in different directions.

"Itachi?" Mikoto adds. "Gather the boys. We're going for a walk."

=

You and Sasuke are left with a middle-aged lady called Uruchi and her husband. You spend a pleasant if slightly dull afternoon squishing dough into various shapes and keeping Sasuke from sticking any of it into his mouth.

When your mother comes to pick you up she smells distinctly of blood, but little of it is hers, so you suspect her errand met with success.

"Did all go well, Kushina-san?" the woman's husband asks. "How is Mikoto-chan?"

"Doctors said she'll be out of the hospital in a week," Kushina says, picking dough out of your hair. "Mr Detective's gonna be laid up for a whole month, though. Itachi'll be by later to pick up Sasuke."

"And the mission? Was it successful?" he persists.

Your mother winces. "Meh, half-and-half. We found some stuff we weren't expecting to find... well, that and the bastard decided to resist arrest."

"Ah." The adults all nod wisely at one another.

What on earth kind of policeman is Sasuke's father, exactly?!

"Well, it was nice seeing you guys again, but I've gotta get home and wash the probable cause out of my hair." Kushina pokes you. "Say 'bye-bye, Sasuke'."

You wave, but Sasuke is engaged in a staring contest with the couple's cat and doesn't respond.

=

The months following the Mothers' Walk, as the incident becomes known, pass quickly for you. After all, you're busily engaged in the business of (pick three):

[X] Learning to walk.

[X] Learning to talk.

[X] 'Learning' to read.

[X] Controlling your bladder. Diapers were bad enough in a society that had disposable ones, these cloth things are awful.

[X] Working with the dandelions you gathered.

[X] Making friends on visits to the playground:
-> [X] The cocky loudmouth
-> [X] The arrogant loner
-> [X] The stubborn twit who constantly gets in way over his head

[X] 'Learning' to read.

[X] Controlling your bladder. Diapers were bad enough in a society that had disposable ones, these cloth things are awful.

[X] Learning to walk.

While talking and reading would be great right now being overly mature is going to be suspicious.

redaeth said:
[X] Learning to walk.

While talking and reading would be great right now being overly mature is going to be suspicious.
You think learning to talk is more suspicious for an intelligent ten-month-old than potty-training? o_O

[X] Learning to walk.
-> [X] The arrogant loner
-> [X] The stubborn twit who constantly gets in way over his head
And if still time.

Called it.
Now Orichimaru is dead, Danzo has a pocket hidden Mokuton user, Anko isn't crazy or got a snake hickey, Snake summons is summoner-less, caused Itachi to be wary of us, tripped flags on every spy that an Uzumaki has Mokuton, and likely just made Tsunade leave despite the fact Minato lived because of teammate death.

Bloodshifter said:
Called it.
Now Orichimaru is dead, Danzo has a pocket hidden Mokuton user, Anko isn't crazy or got a snake hickey, Snake summons is summoner-less, caused Itachi to be wary of us, tripped flags on every spy that an Uzumaki has Mokuton, and likely just made Tsunade leave despite the fact Minato lived because of teammate death.
Whoa, whoa, these are news to me. Since when was Yamato affiliated with Danzo? And since when is Tsunade still in Konoha? Didn't Dan die like five-ten years ago?

FurikoMaru said:
Whoa, whoa, these are news to me. Since when was Yamato affiliated with Danzo? And since when is Tsunade still in Konoha? Didn't Dan die like five-ten years ago?
Since they stopped trying to find the REAL experimental Mokuton user due to us.

Wasn't it both Dan and Minato that drove her out? She was on hand for Kushina delivery wasn't she?

Bloodshifter said:
Since they stopped trying to find the REAL experimental Mokuton user due to us.
XD Dude, Yamato has been a chuunin for the last four years. They'll never know if they don't know now.

Bloodshifter said:
Wasn't it both Dan and Minato that drove her out? She was on hand for Kushina delivery wasn't she?
Not in the manga, anyway. I always figured Minato didn't drive her out so much as confirm to her that the Hat is cursed.

[X] Learning to walk.
-> [X] The cocky loudmouth

Okay, can someone explain what happened? Kushina found out we are the Mokuton user, but she knows this isn't a matter of infidelity because she's the mother and, well, the only remaining Senju is Tsunade. So she automatically suspected Orochimaru did something to her child while she was in the womb?

Why? Did she really let old snake-face near her private parts during the pregnancy? And I doubt Orochimaru is dead: they simply believe he's dead. Unless the GM says otherwise.

Alexander said:
Okay, can someone explain what happened? Kushina found out we are the Mokuton user, but she knows this isn't a matter of infidelity because she's the mother and, well, the only remaining Senju is Tsunade. So she automatically suspected Orochimaru did something to her child while she was in the womb?

Why?
The magic of villainous super-science! Covert food additives, drugging her water, any number of shady switcheroos with her pregnancy meds... this ain't Oro-tan's first rodeo.

Of course, if he had just played it cool and waited for the investigation he would have been completely exonerated. But he saw half the Military Police force descending on him and he assumed they must be after him for some of the stuff he was actually doing.

Also, I never said Kushina thought he was dead. I just said Kushina implied he was dead to a pair of retired ninja who aren't remotely cleared to know what actually went down.

FurikoMaru said:
The magic of villainous super-science! Covert food additives, drugging her water, any number of shady switcheroos with her pregnancy meds... this ain't Oro-tan's first rodeo.

Of course, if he had just played it cool and waited for the investigation he would have been completely exonerated. But he saw half the Military Police force descending on him and he assumed they must be after him for some of the stuff he was actually doing.

Also, I never said Kushina thought he was dead. I just said Kushina implied he was dead to a pair of retired ninja who aren't remotely cleared to know what actually went down.
The simple fact her first suspect was him doing shady things with her pregnancy tells a lot about Oro-kun's reputation at that point. I'm surprised he was still on duty. And now you make me wonder how his relation with Minato and Kushina was.

To be fair it was a sensible reaction: with all his secret experiments he would have been a fool to not react and simply hope they have nothing concrete on hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back