• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

Torgamous said:
I'm aware. That would be why the presence of a Mokuton user at our birth is relevant. Konoha doesn't have anyone capable of doing what we did on the payroll. Why, then, was that person there? Wanting to be present at their child's birth, even at a distance, is one explanation.

It's possible.

Not even necessarily unlikely, as far as explanations for the presence of an unknown Mokuton user go.

And Furiko has an admitted tendency towards having fathers misinterpret things.
You do realize that children's chakra tends to be similar to the parents. Of course were a kitsune so it might be different.

nightblade said:
You do realize that children's chakra tends to be similar to the parents.
Close enough to function as a paternity test? Would seem to make keeping us a secret a tad futile if that were the case.

[X] Was she reality or just a dream to me?

You are not ordinarily the sort to show off, but given the life you've been born into, you're guessing that you'd be considered strange if you didn't demonstrate some type of energy ability.

It's all in the interest of fitting in, after all. ;)

So you coax, and you wheedle, and you throw a little grass seed, and after a moment Sasuke crawls through opening you've made. You make your way out onto the veranda, Sasuke following behind.

The garden in the courtyard shows an unusual Western influence, given the fact that 'the West' appears not to exist in this world. You are less surprised by the preponderance of poisonous plants; after all, to a ninja, beauty is merely another sheath for the knife. You make a mental note to keep Sasuke close by you; you don't want him treating these flowers like your poor nose.

There are, sadly, no rosebushes, but the dandelions on the lawn are probably safer for your still-awkward little hands to practice with anyway. What they lack in glamour they make up for in durability; a perennial weed and a nitrogen-fixer, dandelions blend fairly well with any manipulation that causes them to seek out and gather energy, or regenerate themselves.

Also present here and there is the viola tricolor - a remarkably pretty little weed, the ancestor of the garden pansy. When properly manipulated, its pollen can be used to induce infatuation in a person upon skin contact with the face or chest. Emotional manipulation isn't quite your style, but it also has a knack for growing in tight spaces, making it very useful for a plant manipulator whose ungrateful drunken roommate has locked them out of the house. It isn't very hardy, however, and even an enhanced tricolor can be destroyed by any human of above-average strength - a category which includes every ninja you've ever met.

Oh dear. Sasuke seems to be getting bored.

[X] Gather which? (Pick one only):
-> [X] Poisonous plant, lily-of-the-valley.
-> [X] Dandelions
-> [X] Viola tricolor

[X] Don't take any seeds. Put on a show for Sasuke with the nontoxic plants to distract him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what we do with seeds or how we use them.

still, [X]dandelion? why not.

[X]Dandelions

And if the vote is still open:

[X] Redhead

For all you guys voting for being a red head it means that minato won't publicly acknowledge us as his kid.

[X] Dandelions
Sounds like a self-regenerating wall type plant, a good first choice for a kid. And it won't upset mom like poisonous plants might; Kurama has issues with upsetting his moms.

nightblade said:
For all you guys voting for being a red head it means that minato won't publicly acknowledge us as his kid.
actually,
The consequence would be that your father would actually be able to talk your mother into continuing to keep their marriage secret. As such, only high-ranking nin who are also family friends would know that information at the moment.

is the exact quote.

Frankly I'd prefer not to grow up as the most important kid in the village, besides, if his resolve on this matter is so weak that a change in hair-colour can break it, then he's going to fold like a shirt the moment we bring it up.

the whole "keep you hidden to protect you" really doesn't carry a lot of weight when both parents are S class badasses and the kid can oneshot the kyuubi.

besides, i want red-hair for role-play purposes.

It's not an issue of resolve, it's an issue of practicality. A redhead could be anyone's kid. A blond could only come from a relatively small set of candidates. Keeping the secret is only a viable option in one of those cases.

iamnuff said:
actually,
is the exact quote.

Frankly I'd prefer not to grow up as the most important kid in the village, besides, if his resolve on this matter is so weak that a change in hair-colour can break it, then he's going to fold like a shirt the moment we bring it up.

the whole "keep you hidden to protect you" really doesn't carry a lot of weight when both parents are S class badasses and the kid can oneshot the kyuubi.

besides, i want red-hair for role-play purposes.
Kushina isn't a S-calss badass.

Especially not now that she's retired to look after you.

Uzumaki durability is legendary, but people aren't really supposed to survive bijuu-extraction.

Torgamous said:
It's not an issue of resolve, it's an issue of practicality. A redhead could be anyone's kid. A blond could only come from a relatively small set of candidates. Keeping the secret is only a viable option in one of those cases.

eh,I think blonds being super rare is a fanon thing.

aside from the clans, theres a bunch of random background characters with brown/blond hair colours.

honestly, blond hair isn't common in japan, but in Narutoland where purple is fairly unremarkable? not exactly unheard of.

red IS actually rare though, but it's pretty obvious where we got that from though.

as for kushina not being Sclass?

she's a main character with a special title, has unique chakra powers, massive enough life-force to survive having the kyuubi ripped out, moments after birth, is a sealing master who taught her husband, AND a former Jinchūriki, you don't seriously expect her to not be a total fucking monster, do you?

FurikoMaru said:

Uzumaki durability is legendary, but people aren't really supposed to survive bijuu-extraction.

eh, she survived it, with apparently no physical injuries (that we know about, anyway) I expect her to be suffering from massive chakra drain that keeps her (if not in hospital) at least off the combat roster for months, perhaps years.

but I do expect her to make a recovery.

unless of course you write in something about how the extraction fucked her coils and now she can't do ninja stuff anymore.

basically, she was never mentioned as having any actual crippling injuries, and "life-force" seems like something you would regain after resting (for a very long time in this case)

That's not even touching that Minato is kind of a weak Kage. I think only Mei was weaker than him.

iamnuff said:

aside from the clans, theres a bunch of random background characters with brown/blond hair colours.

honestly, blond hair isn't common in japan, but in Narutoland where purple is fairly unremarkable? not exactly unheard of.

red IS actually rare though, but it's pretty obvious where we got that from though.

as for kushina not being Sclass?

she's a main character with a special title, has unique chakra powers, massive enough life-force to survive having the kyuubi ripped out, moments after birth, is a sealing master who taught her husband, AND a former Jinchūriki, you don't seriously expect her to not be a total fucking monster, do you?
Kushina was never that strong of a Shinobi. Also The only blonde she is really close to is Minato.

FurikoMaru said:

Will she recover, or is it permanent?

nightblade said:
That's not even touching that Minato is kind of a weak Kage. I think only Mei was weaker than him.

... is that sarcasm, or do you just not know the setting at all? I honestly can't see how you can know anything about Minato at all, and hold that opinion with any sort of seriousness.

Minato is basically one of the most powerful ninja ever.

he has at will teleportation, and a SS combat ranking.

Armies literally have orders to run away rather than fight him.

iamnuff said:
Relatively small. If they were super rare canon Naruto would've also been suspected to be some important guy's bastard. If they're realistically rare it still adds another data point, and the set of blonds in Kushina's social circle nine months prior to the Kyuubi attack can't be that big.

overmind said:
Will she recover, or is it permanent?
*waggles hand* Depends. Strictly out-of-character knowledge here, but Tsunade could probably work something out and have her completely back to normal in a jiff. But Tsunade ain't around.

As for recovering over time, she's likely to be ready for active duty on B-ranks and C-ranks within a few years, but she isn't expected to be a real powerhouse ever again.

Re: rareness of blondes and blonds in Konoha: it's not so much that the haircolour is rare (it's only about as rare as blond hair is in real life North America or Britain) as it is that you look like a mix of both your parents, and which one you superficially resemble most tips one way or the other depending on your hair colour. Remember how before Kushina was mentioned as being a big deal we were inundated with all these people saying Naruto looks like the Yondaime, even though his face and personality make him so much more like his mom?

Torgamous said:
Relatively small. If they were super rare canon Naruto would've also been suspected to be some important guy's bastard. If they're realistically rare it still adds another data point, and the set of blonds in Kushina's social circle nine months prior to the Kyuubi attack can't be that big.

fair point, then again, if they are capable of living in a world where people know, (I.E blonde hair world) then sooner or later they will decide to do so, regardless of whether they can keep it hidden or not.

I think trying to hide their love will eventually wear on them, especially with Minato not being able to care for his own daughter in public without blowing his cover.

it won't be more than a year or two before they give up the ruse. Thats what i think, anyway.

iamnuff said:
... is that sarcasm, or do you just not know the setting at all? I honestly can't see how you can know anything about Minato at all, and hold that opinion with any sort of seriousness.

Minato is basically one of the most powerful ninja ever.

he has at will teleportation, and a SS combat ranking.

Armies literally have orders to run away rather than fight him.
Armies have have orders to run way cause he can teleport spam and has insane reflexs and hyper awareness. That's it. Let's look at the latest fight and compare how Minato is doing compared to all the other hokages on the field. Not that well. They are all doing more damage then him except for the third. Also he might be stronger than Gaara.

nightblade said:
Armies have have orders to run way cause he can teleport spam and has insane reflexs and hyper awareness. That's it. Let's look at the latest fight and compare how Minato is doing compared to all the other hokages on the field. Not that well. They are all doing more damage then him except for the third. Also he might be stronger than Gaara.
I dunno what he's like in a fight, but anyone on his side being able to throw a kunai and summon a Kage-class fighter is... absurd.

Just... other side, give up, go home and be a family man. You're done.

Guile said:
I dunno what he's like in a fight, but anyone on his side being able to throw a kunai and summon a Kage-class fighter is... absurd.

Just... other side, give up, go home and be a family man. You're done.
That's against anyone not a kage class fighter. Its when he's fighting them you notice he's not that strong really.

nightblade said:
That's against anyone not a kage class fighter. Its when he's fighting them you notice he's not that strong really.
Right, the other Kages win whatever fight they're in.

Minato wins every fight, because he's present at every fight. It doesn't really matter of his S-rank is less than the other Kages' S-rank when he can murder armies on concurrent battlefields.

Also supposedly he's faster than the Raikage's cheap-ass 'speed of light' armor, so... I kinda question that he's weaker than other Kages in the first place.

Guile said:

Minato wins every fight, because he's present at every fight. It doesn't really matter of his S-rank is less than the other Kages' S-rank.
What an appropriate discussion this is for a YYH quest. XD There's a point where it's made clear in the manga that a few of the scariest S-Class demons consider the ranking system as currently observed to be insulting, because all that S-Class means is 'people that some arbitrary authority can't reliably defeat'. Which in a lot of cases includes the underlings and footsoldiers of said S-Classers.

FurikoMaru said:
What an appropriate discussion this is for a YYH quest. XD There's a point where it's made clear in the manga that a few of the scariest S-Class demons consider the ranking system as currently observed to be insulting, because all that S-Class means is 'people that some arbitrary authority can't reliably defeat'. Which in a lot of cases includes the underlings and footsoldiers of said S-Classers.
I'm sorry Furiko, but someone is wrong on the internet. About power levels! I have to stop him!

Guile said:

Minato wins every fight, because he's present at every fight. It doesn't really matter of his S-rank is less than the other Kages' S-rank when he can murder armies on concurrent battlefields.

Also supposedly he's faster than the Raikage's cheap-ass 'speed of light' armor, so... I kinda question that he's weaker than other Kages in the first place.
That's really the only thing he has going for him. His speed and teleport spam. You will not see Minato reshaping the landscape if he doesn't have half the kyuubi sealed in him and access to a tailed beast ball. You won't see him beating the crap out of a bijuu without having half hte kyuubi sealed in him ether. You will see a good amount of the other kages doing that. Tobimaru and Sarutobi may need help of other ninja to do it but they can do it probably. Minato can't.

Edit. No wait he might be able to with his summons. Through he would probably have an easier time sealing it away.

nightblade said:
That's really the only thing he has going for him. His speed and teleport spam. You will not see Minato reshaping the landscape if he doesn't have half the kyuubi sealed in him and access to a tailed beast ball.
He doesn't have to; that's what summons are for.
The Third Raikage couldn't after all, and he literally beat the Eight Tails into submission.
Terrain rearrangement is the territory of boss summons and jinchuuriki; of all the Kages the only one who could reliably do so was Gaara.
And maybe the Tsuchikage with Dust Release.

A combat fuuinjutsu master is the scariest fighter you could ever possibly meet.
And Minato's Hiraishin seals are persistent; once he has touched you, he can find you at will.
In this AU, barring any changes by the GM, Tobi probably died several weeks after the Kyuubi attack when Minato teleported to his current location and put another Rasengan in his back.
Probably with Jiraiya and Sarutobi in tow.

Lemme repeat: He beat canon!Tobi, one on one, despite being surprised, and still had enough juice to pull a boss summoning, and then subdue the Kyuubi.
And did I mention that he teleported a bijuu bomb in the same fight?
Fucker is scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back