• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

ShadowAngelBeta said:
*Dryly* I'd believe that more coming from The Joker.
Harley+Quinn+1.jpg

{x] Learning to talk.
{x] Working with the dandelions you gathered.
{x] Making friends on visits to the playground:
---{x] The stubborn twit who constantly gets in way over his head

Did people really not notice how the GM said it would be suspicious if we didn't learn to talk when we are clearly intelligent?

nightblade said:
Did people really not notice how the GM said it would be suspicious if we didn't learn to talk when we are clearly intelligent?
I didn't say that. I said voting to learn to use the toilet ahead of any sane schedule is way more conspicuous than learning to talk, so if you're voting on the basis of appearing totally normal, talking's probably the way to go.

[X] Learning to walk.
[X] Learning to talk.
[X] Making friends on visits to the playground:
-> [X] The stubborn twit who constantly gets in way over his head

[X] Learning to walk.
[X] Learning to talk.
[X] Controlling your bladder. Diapers were bad enough in a society that had disposable ones, these cloth things are awful.

[X] Learning to walk.
[X] Learning to talk.
[X] Controlling your bladder. Diapers were bad enough in a society that had disposable ones, these cloth things are awful.

[X] Growing strong

"Kushina, is she seriously already...?"

"Yes," Mother says proudly.

"... you hate changing diapers more than I anticipated."

"Diapers are gross," you declare. You've been limiting yourself to simple sentences for now, not wishing to appear any more exceptional than necessary.

"See?" Mother says, ruffling your hair. "She knows what's up."

Father smiles. "You're quite grown-up already, aren't you, Naruto?"

"Yes, Father."

"Not Father!" Mother says, pouting. "You've been spending too much time around Itachi, he's rubbing off on you."

"Sorry, Mother." You smile mischievously as she flails in frustration.

"Now, now, Naruto, don't tease your poor mother," Father says, winking at you.

"You two are in cahoots!" Kushina declares.

=

"Rise and shine, oh darling mine, today's the day you learn Uzumaki taijutsu!"

'Uzumaki taijutsu', as it turns out, involves a lot of grappling moves and joint-locks and face-stomps that wouldn't be out of place on a playground back in Tokyo; you'd already strongly suspected Mother was a delinquent in her school days, and this would seem to confirm it. All this 'style' needs is a special finishing move where you put out a cigarette in your opponent's face.

It feels odd, learning techniques heavily based on aggressive and strength-dependent grips and strikes. You've never been as weak as you look, but up until now your focus has been more on refinement and speed. Oh well. If Mother is anything to go by, when you reach maturity your body will be ideally suited to this new style.

Besides, it makes her so happy to see you put Father's neck in a leg-lock! ^_^

=

You wake up one night shortly before your third birthday to the sound of your parents arguing.

"It's because we're at peace that I think it's a good idea. The Academy curriculum is supposed to last at least five years, but how many kids like Naruto actually get that time? How many 'genius' kids did we know who got shipped out after a year or two years, before they even really made friends with anyone?"

You make your way down the hall as quietly as you can.

"You think starting the Academy early is going to make it easier for Naruto to make friends?"

Father sighs. "There are only so many excuses I can make for why 'the Shodaime's legacy' isn't undergoing the most rigorous and elite training we can provide, Kushina."

"Fuck excuses! You're the Hokage! Just order them to shut up and get back to work."

"Does that ever work on you?" he teases.

"Only when you're wearing the sexy Hat. Seriously, Minato, you think I don't know how great she's going to be? I'm the one who's training her."

"That might be part of the problem. You see Naruto every day, love, but to people who don't, the fact that she's still just a little girl is purely theoretical; they don't have direct experience of her, just of the effects having a Mokuton user around has had on the village as a whole. As messed-up as the things Orochimaru was doing were and are, and as disturbing as this ROOT stuff is, the fact remains that we're down two S-rankers and an A, and that kind of news makes people justifiably nervous. If she attends the Academy, they can at least say to themselves, 'It was worth it' in some small way."

"So basically you want to do something to look like you're doing something."

"Kushina, please..."

"Well. Look who's up," Mother says, turning to smile at you.

[X] "I want to go to the Academy." It'll cause less trouble for everyone if you just jump through the hoops they want you to jump through now.

[X] "I want to stay with Mother!" Assassin training at 3? That seems a little insane, even for ninja.

-----
House Tyrell, make some noise! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
normally I'd be all for it, but at three years old?

I kinda want to timeskip a bit more before we actually get started.

[X] want to stay

also, are the people only applying this pressure because they don't know it's the hokage's daughter, or what?

They don't know where the Hokage's daughter cause you guys voted for us to have red hair.

iamnuff said:
also, are the people only applying this pressure because they don't know it's the hokage's daughter, or what?
Yeah, that's their leeway. There's only so much real pressure they can exert even under these circumstances, what with Kushina still technically being a clan head and hence having final say over clan members. As it stands, Minato's just trying to defuse the situation before it really becomes a situation.

Pff. Like going to the academy would help us out. We're being trained by one of the strongest people in the village. Still, there are other ways to show people how we're doing.

[X] "I want to stay with Mother!" Assassin training at 3? That seems a little insane, even for ninja.
- [X] Start practicing in the park, now and then. Or some other public place, if the park isn't acceptable. Maybe just practice our "mokuton" powers in the park?

Would that work?

Selias said:
Pff. Like going to the academy would help us out.
It's not about helping you, it's about helping them.

Selias said:
We're being trained by one of the strongest people in the village.
No you aren't. You're being trained by someone who used to be pretty strong. S-ranker Kushina is fanon. I'm makin' her about on-par with Gai in terms of lethality prior to the extraction that messed her up.

Selias said:
- [X] Start practicing in the park, now and then. Or some other public place, if the park isn't acceptable. Maybe just practice our "mokuton" powers in the park?

Would that work?
You're three. You don't get a huge say in what happens if you don't go to the Academy.

FurikoMaru said:
You're three. You don't get a huge say in what happens if you don't go to the Academy.
What if we phrase it in a way that our parents think that they came up with it? Something like "Can I go play with the plants in the park?"

[X] "I want to go to the Academy." It'll cause less trouble for everyone if you just jump through the hoops they want you to jump through now.

Furiko warned us that Minato would hide the fact that were his father. Did you guys really think there would be no consequences for that?

Selias said:
What if we phrase it in a way that our parents think that they came up with it? Something like "Can I go play with the plants in the park?"
I think you'll be satisfied by what happens if you choose not to go to the Academy. They're both good options.

This is what happens when you vote for red hair.
A blonde haired Naruto wouldn't have to deal with this crap so early; privilege would shield her for a bit.
Maybe next time people will take a little more time to consider their decisions before voting for significant changes.
*relurks*

uju32 said:
This is what happens when you vote for red hair.
A blonde haired Naruto wouldn't have to deal with this crap so early; privilege would shield her for a bit.
Maybe next time people will take a little more time to consider their decisions before voting for significant changes.
*relurks*
I highly doubt that.

FurikoMaru said:
No you aren't. You're being trained by someone who used to be pretty strong. S-ranker Kushina is fanon. I'm makin' her about on-par with Gai in terms of lethality prior to the extraction that messed her up.
That makes her S-class, with bijuu power replacing Gates.
And depending on how much seal knowledge she retains,she might still be.

EDIT
And if she was publicly known as Minato's wife due to her kids blonde hair, it would be an easier call to try and get Tsunade to fix her, national security even.
Red hair = secret marriage = no drawing attention = messed up mother.
Then again, fewer assassination attempts too, assuming they are a thing in peacetime.

[X] "I want to stay with Mother!" Assassin training at 3? That seems a little insane, even for ninja

uju32 said:
That makes her S-class, with bijuu power replacing Gates.
And depending on how much seal knowledge she retains,she might still be.
It does? I thought Gai was just a high A-Rank.

Hell, take it away, your royal highness:

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsMSiVn6vpQ[/embed]

Couldn't we just say we were receiving clan specific training already? I mean... why the fuck should they even be demanding something like this so early in our life? god damn it Kakashi was 5 when he entered and then exited the academy. The only and I mean only thing they know about us is that we can use wood release. That is not a measure of intelligence or genius.

FurikoMaru said:

Gai is one of the most lethal characters in canon and probably does count as a S-ranker. His fight with Kisame should back that, as well as his rivalry with Kakashi who is treated as a S-ranker. You might want to compare her to Kurenai or Asuma who are still badass but not S level badass.

Her being weakened by the extraction shouldn't have any relevance to being qualified for training a three year-old. If anything her training us personally would be considered vastly better than being a normal academy student, and doesn't remove a high end ninja from the mission forces.

If she did actually decide to teach us some stuff and showed it off in a semi-public manner it would probably shut them up, as personal tutelage from a former A/S rank ninja would trump sharing one chunin with thirty other students.

FurikoMaru said:
It does? I thought Gai was just a high A-Rank.

Hell, take it away, your royal highness:

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsMSiVn6vpQ[/embed]
You hadn't heard of the semi-canon AU where Gai owns Akatsuki?

At least I heard it was canon.

I might be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back