• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

FurikoMaru said:
It does? I thought Gai was just a high A-Rank.
A Gate using jounin is an S-class threat, no two ways about it.
Given that he could open six Gates and walk off the after effects, S-class ranking is valid IMO.
No hax like most other S-rankers, but if you are physical, he can kill you without using suicide techniques.

I suspect the only reason why people don't count him is that he really doesn't pack any army-killer techniques.

[X] I want to stay for now.

Gai still wrecks Sharkface like a mofo.

seriously, he's crazy strong.

[X] "I want to stay with Mother!" Assassin training at 3? That seems a little insane, even for ninja.

uju32 said:
A Gate using jounin is an S-class threat, no two ways about it.
Given that he could open six Gates and walk off the after effects, S-class ranking is valid IMO.
No hax like most other S-rankers, but if you are physical, he can kill you without using suicide techniques.

I suspect the only reason why people don't count him is that he really doesn't pack any army-killer techniques.
I'd say odds are pretty good that he has an army killer version of his super air pressure punch as well.

ryune said:
Couldn't we just say we were receiving clan specific training already? I mean... why the fuck should they even be demanding something like this so early in our life?
Because I don't want to timeskip as though your toddlerhood wasn't significant at all, and because I think it would be really cool to see the results of you having Iruka as a sempai and none of the canon characters as your classmates.

Or did you want the Watsonian reason?

Okay. Firstly, everyone knows you're a jinchuuriki. That makes you a resource before you're a person. Legally, it could be argued that the village owns you. People are less likely to openly make such an argument after Orochimaru's dealings with Danzo have discredited the more conservative elements in Konoha, but the sentiment isn't dead.

Secondly, the Keimu Butai seriously overstepped their boundaries by going after Oro-tan in force to provoke a confrontation. Yeah, they were in the right, but it sets a terrible fucking precedent and people are still cheesed off about it. You've gotta keep the Uchiha on the leash or they'll just run wild. We don't want them turning out like those fucking Kaguya bastards over in Kiri.

Thirdly, Kushina is a tad over-protective and apron-stringly regarding you (what with the whole kidnapped-at-birth thing) and it's making it seriously difficult for you to make friends your own age other than Sasuke, which just reinforces some older people's fears that the whole Uchiha-Kyuubi-Uzumaki thing is some fucking conspiracy shit. People want you in the Academy so you have some influences other than your outsider-mom and the Uchiha clan.

Fourthly, you oneshotted the Kyuubi with super-Mokuton. You are the ninja equivalent of a Kennedy with a war record when it comes to potentially Hokage-ing someday; no one wants you to be ordinary.

So all in all, this has less to do with you personally than it does with the village as a whole.

Selias said:
Only criminals, missions, and techniques have E-S Ranks.
And yet, no alternative method exists in canon of classifying non-criminal ninja. So it's easiest to stick with what we have already.

Wow. A whole lot of that could have been avoided if we still had blonde hair. Congratulations everyone who voted for red hair. You made things a lot more complicated.

Last edited by a moderator:
With that revealed, there is only one option.

[X] MURDERHOBO ROUTE GOGOGO!

[X] "I want to go to the Academy." It'll cause less trouble for everyone if you just jump through the hoops they want you to jump through now.

I keep trying to finish my review, but this keeps drawing me IN! :'(
Okay, one last comment.
FurikoMaru said:
Thirdly, Kushina is a tad over-protective and apron-stringly regarding you (what with the whole kidnapped-at-birth thing) and it's making it seriously difficult for you to make friends your own age other than Sasuke, which just reinforces some older people's fears that the whole Uchiha-Kyuubi-Uzumaki thing is some fucking conspiracy shit. People want you in the Academy so you have some influences other than your outsider-mom and the Uchiha clan.
When - not if, when- it comes to light that Minato is our dad, isn't that just going to inflame suspicion of some secret Uchiha plot among the more reactionary elements of the village?
That's yet another reason why keeping the marriage secret by going red haired was more than a little short-sighted; external threats may kill you, but village politics is what will wipe out your family and clan.

Frankly, I'd be happier if she turned out somewhat strawberry blonde; a mix of both families.
Or if Kushina was dying Naruto's hair to keep it red until she got older.

By the way, where's the godfather?
Hasn't the old goat been by since we were born?
Review his apprentice's work, and console Sarutobi who will have been mourning his wife?

nightblade said:
Wow. A whole lot of that could have been avoided if we still had blonde hair. Congratulations everyone who voted for red hair. You made things a lot more complicated.
I don't think I even voted on the hair thing, but, if I recall correctly, this quest is about messing up canon as much as possible.
In light of that, I wouldn't really say making things more complicated is a bad thing.

[X] "I want to go to the Academy." It'll cause less trouble for everyone if you just jump through the hoops they want you to jump through now.

Pipeman said:
I don't think I even voted on the hair thing, but, if I recall correctly, this quest is about messing up canon as much as possible.
In light of that, I wouldn't really say making things more complicated is a bad thing.

It is when it makes our situation pretty damn similar to canon naruto. A good amount of people thought of him as a weapon too. Oh and now the Uchiha's have even more suspicion and dislike.

FurikoMaru said:
Nah. 's about the same amount, concentrated into a few hardcore people instead of most people. Chill out.
I'm mostly annoyed because you can tell people didn't think things through. Or even consider what would happen if we weren't identified as Minato's kid. Granted I didn't see all of it coming but I knew something was going to happen.

And, of course, the idea that some of us simply didn't want to go through the fanfiction cliche of 'Minato survived and nao everything is awesome for Naruto forever' is completely impossible, right?

I didn't vote, but I find the current situation far more interesting then 'Oh, kay, so you're the Kage's son.'

Vindictus said:
And, of course, the idea that some of us simply didn't want to go through the fanfiction cliche of 'Minato survived and nao everything is awesome for Naruto forever' is completely impossible, right?

I didn't vote, but I find the current situation far more interesting then 'Oh, kay, so you're the Kage's son.'
I have no issue with that. But I doubt people were thinking that when they voted for red hair. Anyway I'm going to drop it like Furiko asked.

... If we go Academy route, do we still train with Kushina? Because Kushina is awesome.

[X] Academy,if we can still train with Kushina (Usumaki style is undefeatable!)

nightblade said:

oh fuck off.

You didn't want that, then you should have voted against it, if you didn't get here soon enough, or you did vote and it made no diffrence, then you have no room to complain.

besides, stop talking like this is a bad thing.

edit: might have been a bit harsh, but I'm sick of seeing this same post over and over "waah, red hair made everything different"

iamnuff said:
oh fuck off.

You didn't want that, then you should have voted against it, if you didn't get here soon enough, or you did vote and it made no diffrence, then you have no room to complain.

besides, stop talking like this is a bad thing.
Its a bad thing cause it shows PEOPLE WERE NOT THINKING THINGS THROUGH. Which is where most of the major fuck ups in quests come from. That is why I am upset about this. Not cause of what happened but cause people didn't think it through. It showed when some people were surprised that this happened. I knew something was going to happen. Didn't expect everything that happened but some of it. Like people treating us as a weapon. And I vote for blonde for your information.

Anyway I'm done. Drop the subject please.

nightblade said:
Its a bad thing cause it shows PEOPLE WERE NOT THINKING THINGS THROUGH. Which is where most of the major fuck ups in quests come from. That is why I am upset about this. Not cause of what happened but cause people didn't think it through. It showed when some people were surprised that this happened. I knew something was going to happen. Didn't expect everything that happened but some of it. Like people treating us as a weapon. And I vote for blonde for your information.

Anyway I'm done. Drop the subject please.

no.

we KNEW the repercussions, and we decided that we didn't mind them.

it's not that we didn't think it through, it that we don't consider any of this a problem.

which is why the constant moaning about it was getting on my nerves.

iamnuff said:
no.

we KNEW the repercussions, and we decided that we didn't mind them.

it's not that we didn't think it through, it that we don't consider any of this a problem.

which is why the constant moaning about it was getting on my nerves.
You may have but I highly doubt that many others did considering that one person quoted a post I made about the GM telling us there would be consequences for having red hair and thought I was making an assumption. Anyway the GM wants it dropped. So drop it.

Kushina is gonna go ballistic, but it still gives us plenty of time to spend with family, and I can't reasonably see us boosting many other kids our age to what our absurd level is gonna be. So better to be a shrimpy freakish jounin that gets the challenges and repsect we really deserve than a frustrated and underutilized genius dealing with being treated like a child all the time.

[X] "I want to stay with Mother!" Assassin training at 3? That seems a little insane, even for ninja.

[X] "I want to go to the Academy." It'll cause less trouble for everyone if you just jump through the hoops they want you to jump through now

Hang on. How is it that everyone knows we're a jink, AND that people know we one-shotted the Kyuubi and it dispersed?

Since when were we a jink at all, or this a perpetrated falsehood?

Hymn of Ragnarok said:
Hang on. How is it that everyone knows we're a jink, AND that people know we one-shotted the Kyuubi and it dispersed?
You're a jinch because, if you'll recall, you decided to let the Kyuubi disperse instead of caging it or eating it. Minato was unwilling to let it go, so he managed to seal a chunk of it into you. The other half is the bit that dispersed.

People know you were the one who one-shotted the Kyuubi because when the Orochimaru thing happened, some bright boy put two and two together.

drake_azathoth said:

Kushina is gonna go ballistic, but it still gives us plenty of time to spend with family, and I can't reasonably see us boosting many other kids our age to what our absurd level is gonna be. So better to be a shrimpy freakish jounin that gets the challenges and repsect we really deserve than a frustrated and underutilized genius dealing with being treated like a child all the time.
That... is a very good point.

Plus, maybe we can get a team of our own. It'd be fun to see their reaction.

Actually, you know what? Furiko said that we would get something good either way, and I'm curious about what the other thing is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back