• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

iamnuff said:
you gave us the option to EAT THE KYUUBI in the very first (or was it second?) story post.

did you seriously expect us not to take it?

I don't even care about the power, I just want to eat it because you let me.
40257539.jpg

[X] Cage

Oh well, we tried.

[X] Just a drop of water in an endless sea

Never mind. You're tired and he's barely a threat. If he ever revives, it'll be years down the road; you can handle him then.

"Minato, stop! What are you doing?!"

... or now, you suppose.

The blond man places you on a low altar but is nearly tackled by his lady companion.

"Please, Minato! It isn't her burden to bear!"

"I can't lose you, Kushina!"

-Hakke no Fuuin Shiki!-

"You... you have to stay with us. Please..."

You find yourself in the middle of a three-person hug.

Well. I can't wait to see what happens on my next birthday.

=

They named you after a ramen ingredient.

You wonder how old your parents are, exactly.

You spend the earliest days of your life after the first in the company of nursemaids. When your mother finally comes home from the hospital, she's pale and a little unsteady on her feet. She reacts poorly to the news that she's permanently removed from the 'active-duty roster', but, perhaps not wishing to dwell on it, quickly throws her energy into caring for you.

Your father you see only on the weekends, and never for very long. He's always very happy to see both his wife and his daughter, though; he reminds you a little of how Kuwabara was with his girls - he has that same expression that says he has absolutely no idea where this is going or what he's doing, but by god he's going to do it well, one way or another.

Kushina takes you everywhere she reasonably can, shoving you in strangers' faces and halfway demanding they compliment you. Her friend Mikoto is the only person who never seems to get tired of it, perhaps because she does the same to your mother with her son, Sasuke, a tiny marshmallow of a boy.

As the months pass, you learn more about the world you've found yourself in. And yes, it is another world; your examinations of the seal on your stomach and the tenant within it have made that very clear. You've been debating whether or not to consume him - he really is a terribly unpleasant person - but you need to first find out if the locals have any way to detect the kind of changes that would cause to both yourself and the seal.

You discover that use of the native variant of ki - chakra - is common among your mother's friends and neighbours, because you live in the ninja village Hidden in the Leaves. The village was founded roughly fifty years ago and has been through four leaders, called Hokage - the latest of which is your father Minato. You also learn that 'jinchuuriki', like yourself, are considered essential to the maintenance of the balance of power between the various ninja villages.

Practising rolling over and sitting up occupies much of your time for the first few months. Having been down this route before, you master your motor skills fairly quickly, to your mother's delight and pride.

You've reached the crawling stage when you and the boy you suppose you're obligated to consider a childhood friend are finally properly introduced.

"Can you say hello, Sasuke?" Mikoto prompts.

Mentally, you laugh. Ninja parents are on the whole ridiculously optimistic about early childhood development; Sasuke clearly hasn't even reached the point where he can call for his mother. The poor boy just stares at you with curious black eyes for a moment, then reaches out to touch your bright red hair. He clenches some of it in a pudgy fist.

After determining that you aren't going to pull away, he unceremoniously leans over and wraps his lips around your nose.

Mikoto makes horrified noises and pulls him off you; Kushina laughs unreservedly. "Well, that was less awkward than my first kiss."

[X] Kick up a fuss. You aren't really offended, but if you're in the playpen with Sasuke you won't hear what Mother and Mikoto-san are discussing in the next room.

[X] Brush it off. You want to look normal? Normal children have friends their own age.

[X] Jailbreak time as soon as they sit down. Sasuke can come if he wants, but that garden has your name written all over it.

[X] Jailbreak time as soon as they sit down. Sasuke can come if he wants, but that garden has your name written all over it.

Gahahaha!!! Why I can't stop laughing?

[X] Brush it off. You want to look normal? Normal children have friends their own age.

... Darn it, we're blonde.

I'd sort of hoped between Kushina's genetics and our past life we'd have red hair.

It'd fit the Rose motif a bit better at least.

It'll be dreadfully boring for now, but I think it'd be best to be a quiet 'normal' person for as long as possible.

We don't really have a goal beyond 'not dying', save maybe 'live in comfortable surroundings'.

That said, I am definitely amused at the Kuwabara comparison.

He married Yukina in this continuity, right?

I don't trust Sasuke not to get into trouble.

Kushina obviously has high expectations for children.

It would disappoint her if we didn't go above and beyond, and escaping is a ninja skill. Right?

I'm sure she'll love it. Probably. Maybe. Well she might.

Vindictus said:

eh, we could totally have eaten it, it was smiling cutely enough that they don't suspect us to be it in a meatsuit afterward that gave us trouble.

Kushina takes you everywhere she reasonably can, shoving you in strangers' faces and halfway demanding they compliment you.

Art imitates life I guess.

That always makes me uncomfortable, aggressive mothers wielding babies at me.

useless101 said:

Kushina obviously has high expectations for children.

It would disappoint her if we didn't go above and beyond, and escaping is a ninja skill. Right?

I'm sure she'll love it. Probably. Maybe. Well she might.

You make a convincing argument my friend.

you have my vote.

I was totally voting for this anyway

Truly the trees call us.

Vindictus said:
Ah, that was a fun Quest.

Pity it died before we got anywhere.

Longest day in a Quest ever.

I don't think it got further than the day of the attack and the day after, but we can at least say that we got a ton of shit done.

Ah flashbacks to little Lupino here..

We nearly went three for three on Sannin.

Three for three what? Well, go read it yourself. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back