• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

[X] You focus your strength on your muscle, your legs spread, your body lowered, then with an unstoppable cannon hand you punch through the steel bar, leaving a hole mark exactly the shape of your fist on it.

Nah, just write for fun.

[X] Just a simple punch.
-[X] If that doesn't seem to satisfy her we can always break out the Charms afterwards

Alexander said:
"Hyodo Issei. I'm more of a brawler than a proper martial artist.
Is this just Issei being humble? My understanding of the Martial Arts Ability is that it represents mastery of mundane hand-to-hand combat and includes expertise in the skills of such non-supernatural styles, particularly for Exalts by comparison with the expansive breadth of their other abilities (e.g., Lore is all fields of academia except occult; War is all forms of strategy, tactics, and other relevant skills; Melee covers all weapons; etc.). At five dots, he should be far more than just a brawler. See the ability description:

MARTIAL ARTS
Trait Description: This trait is important in combat. Martial Arts allows the character to fight without weapons or with special martial arts weapons. Martial Arts covers everything from tavern brawling to boxing and various styles of formal martial arts.
Specialties: Specific Martial Arts Weapon (Hook Swords, Wind-Fire Wheels…), Fighting Unarmed, Multiple Opponents, Wrestling, Fighting in Armor
Trait Effects: Someone with Martial Arts 1 can probably break a board with her bare hands or perform the basic moves flawlessly in an exhibition. Someone with Martial Arts 3 can skillfully fight multiple opponents. Someone with Martial Arts 5 can fight a dozen thugs while simultaneously showing off all of her moves in a precise and beautiful manner.

I realize that brawling is included among the relevant skills, but the crudity of that method of combat is at odds with the level of skill indicated by a five dot rating. Given Issei's interest and effort into the martial arts (mundane and supernatural), I believe the expanded nature of Exalted abilities would grant him relevant data on mundane forms. At five dots, Issei should be a practiced and even elegant (in the flow of his moves) practitioner. Supernatural Martial Arts are an entirely separate category, though the Martial Arts ability unlocks their purchase. With his current rating, Issei might not equal the higher-ranking masters in the HSDK, but he should be viewed nonetheless as a very skilled martial artist with promise of one day being their equal.

Indrik i think you missed the point of us trying to avoid showing off supernatural or otherwise skill to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Just a simple punch.

It is a bit open up on the roof, tell her we don't want to do anything really flashy. I'm a little curious what our basic punch looks like now anyway.

I actually have an idea for a new quest, but I'm no good at writing so I'm asking if anyone would be willing to take on my idea. You don't have to but it would be nice.

noahgab1133 said:
Indrik i think you missed the point of us trying to avoid showing off supernatural or otherwise skill to them.
I didn't actually, though I see no real issue with indicating skill with mundane martial arts to form a connection with Ryouzanpaku. This is why I asked if Issei was understating his skills in a humble manner or the statement was meant as Issei's honest estimation of his mundane martial arts. My concern was if the latter was accurate, particularly given the nebulous nature of that area due to the HSDK and Veritas crossovers. Martial Arts 5 is supposed to mean something, even without SuMA.

Honestly I see it as a combination of Issei not quite understanding how skilled he actually is and trying to be humble.

Issie uses Solar Hero Style, even when not using the charms that is still the style he uses. It is basically shonen protagonist brawling style.

I would say just a simple punch but then again, consdiering Issei is a half-dragon Exalted with Martial Arts 5 last I checked, something tells me there isn't going to be much that is 'simple' about it.

[X] Just a simple punch.

If Shigure reacts this much to Boosted Gear, wait till she hears about the Magnus and all the other fun weapons out there. Shigure is going to be so jelli.

Pfft. God-slaying Longinus and weapons wielded by the Four Horsemen? Those are but pitiful toys.

We are Exalted. We are Twilight. We must craft a blade that pierces the limits of perfection, one so great it will bring the weapons mistress to her knees.

This should be a priority.

If you can't tell, I like Shigure.

In the mean time:
[X] Just a Simple Punch

Let the gauntlet's own construction and our unaided skill show their worth.

Introspective Tinkerer said:
I told you she would want to see our hyper weapon. Anyway this is why I like Shigure, she doesn't try to understand social situations and she doesn't try to fit in, she just lives as herself because that's who she is. It's why Miu freaks me out, she doesn't understand normal humanity yet she tries to imitate things completely foreign to her life view. It isn't just touching my uncanny valley, it's molesting it.
I think she's trying to adapt to a more normal life style because she never had the opportunity to experience it. Seen this way, her efforts to appear normal (ie: connect with others) are a lot more justifiable.
I actually have an idea for a new quest, but I'm no good at writing so I'm asking if anyone would be willing to take on my idea. You don't have to but it would be nice.
Oh? I'm curious: do tell.

[X] Just a simple punch.

Alexander said:
I think she's trying to adapt to a more normal life style because she never had the opportunity to experience it. Seen this way, her efforts to appear normal (ie: connect with others) are a lot more justifiable.Oh? I'm curious: do tell.
Well the quest would be centered around a knight who through magic was accidently dropped into Japan during the Sengoku Period and while he's stuck there he gets sucked into the unification war as a contender. It would be split between his wanderings and the time he's managed to get into a position of power. As you should guess he will roflstomp anything in range of his blade considering his armor, but he's only one man so that has limited use. His main power will be to command troops and manage fiefs, it will also have a harem comedy portion centered around a devout knight having to deal with several ladies wanting him for several different reasons. Be it property, attraction, or for better heirs, he's out of luck avoiding them.

Well the quest would be centered around a knight who through magic was accidently dropped into Japan during the Sengoku Period and while he's stuck there he gets sucked into the unification war as a contender. It would be split between his wanderings and the time he's managed to get into a position of power. As you should guess he will roflstomp anything in range of his blade considering his armor, but he's only one man so that has limited use. His main power will be to command troops and manage fiefs, it will also have a harem comedy portion centered around a devout knight having to deal with several ladies wanting him for several different reasons. Be it property, attraction, or for better heirs, he's out of luck avoiding them.
What kind of knight?

Fantasy knight, you know knight in shining armor. He's from a cookie cutter fantasy world based on Europe so things are pretty much same as here only with magic, he actually ended up there because he was hunting a wizard who was terrorizing a village nearby. Turns out people don't like being chased by foxes after being turned into chickens.
It was a one way thing so he's the only unicorn that's gonna happen.

Fantasy knight, you know knight in shining armor. He's from a cookie cutter fantasy world based on Europe so things are pretty much same as here only with magic, he actually ended up there because he was hunting a wizard who was terrorizing a village nearby. Turns out people don't like being chased by foxes after being turned into chickens.
It was a one way thing so he's the only unicorn that's gonna happen.
How strong is he? Ability, equipment?

Well he was part of an order as a veteran knight that regularly dealt with malevolent monsters and rogue magic users that had a life expectancy of a year if you were lucky. He was just about to finish his tenth year of service before being dragged there, so you tell me.

Equipment-wise: full plate armor, Broadsword&Shield, War hammer, crossbow, shield mantle, and assorted trap items.

Well he was part of an order as a veteran knight that regularly dealt with malevolent monsters and rogue magic users that had a life expectancy of a year if you were lucky. He was just about to finish his tenth year of service before being dragged there, so you tell me.

Equipment-wise: full plate armor, Broadsword&Shield, War hammer, crossbow, shield mantle, and assorted trap items.
Uhm, this give me an idea...keep an eye on "Interest Check & Idea Thread ".

[X] You focus your strength on your muscle, your legs spread, your body lowered, then with an unstoppable cannon hand you punch through the steel bar, leaving a hole mark exactly the shape of your fist on it.

That. We don't need to show much skill, but let's face it - she probably expects the Sekiryuutei to possess considerable power, and there's no reason not to show some raw brute force off.

[X] Just a simple punch.
16 - Eler0, TmDagger, Silver W. King, overmind, noahgab1133, Adyen, hunter09, Selias, Deathwings, DefectiveHumanModel, Justbrowsing, MerelysSoul, ZipLopz, Pensive Rumination, HypoSoc, Noctum,

[X] Maybe you can add a Charm?
[X] Get melee training from her.
1 - Fellgar,

[X] Just a simple punch.
-[X] If that doesn't seem to satisfy her we can always break out the Charms afterwards
8 - EternitynChaos, Melfician, dreadis, Diller, Indrik, Prince Charon, Brandark, Silversun17

2 - Disminded, staplesdex2

-[X] First Martial Arts Excellency
1 - Unelemental,

[X] Throw a punch at her head as fast as we can then pull it at the last second.
1 - Dudenator

5 - touhou ranfuku, Walkir, cross_grave, juracc, nightblade, EVA-Saiyajin

-[X] use charm: Fists of Iron
2 - Odysseus2099, Sol Mark-1

[X] use charm: Fists of Iron
1 - iamnuff

[X] Just a simple punch.
-[X] If that doesn't seem to satisfy her we can always break out the Charms afterwards.

[X] Just a simple punch.
-[X] If that doesn't seem to satisfy her we can always break out the Charms afterwards.

...Just as a side note, considering how much of a romantic Miu is, there is no way with Shigure acting like this she won't try and get us to come back if only to see her /laugh Well, once her brain reboots anyway

[X] Just a simple punch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back