• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Well, to make best use of those changes in the future we should probably learn this charm in the Future

Bloodthirsty Sword-Dancer Spirit
Cost: 10m, 1wp; Mins: Resistance 4, Essence 2; Type: Simple (Speed 7)
Keywords: Obvious
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Battle Fury Focus
Required for Charms: None

When ordinary means have failed, and there is nothing left save life and death, then it befits the god-kings of legend to give themselves over to the battle-trance and make themselves implacable enemies to their foes. This Charm functions as Battle Fury Focus but is in all ways greater. It gives the character three extra dice to all combat-related pools and removes all wound penalties. The character's mind is consumed by the battle-trance. The character cannot speak coherently and cannot retreat. She may only take one or more of the following actions: moving toward her current target by the shortest route, attacking enemies within range, waiting for an attacker to engage her or selecting the nearest enemy as a new target when her previous target is incapacitated, dead or not locatable.

This Charm lasts until the character can no longer locate an enemy to kill. Enemies include known enemies and those who get in her way. Strangers and acquaintances can earn the enemy label if they are dressed like the enemy or if they act in a suspicious fashion. The character will not attack close friends, relatives or lovers for suspicious action or clothing—they must actively interfere to become targets of attack.

To end this Charm prematurely, the Solar must spend three Willpower and gain one Limit. Reduce this to one Willpower and no Limit if a loved one or friend attempts to restrain the character. Unfortunately, if the Exalt does not spend the Willpower when a loved one attempts to break her battle-trance, she is almost certain to lash out at the unrecognizable blur distracting her from slaying her target.

since it lets you ignore all penalties while the fights going, and fyi the berserk can be anything from the normal frothing rage to the single-minded focus of a warrior in a state of Zanshin

EternitynChaos said:
Well, to make best use of those changes in the future we should probably learn this charm in the Future

since it lets you ignore all penalties while the fights going, and fyi the berserk can be anything from the normal frothing rage to the single-minded focus of a warrior in a state of Zanshin
It says wound penalties. Fatigue penalties are a different thing.

EternitynChaos said:

Yeah, fuck no. We do not need anything that puts us in an even partially-uncontrolled berserker state. It doesn't matter what you call it, this is dangerous and it's not ever going to get my vote.

Also, Alex? Please stop giving us these ridiculous power-up options. We don't need your help to break the system over our collective knees given what we have already and what we're slated to get in the future. You're making this too easy.

Ah well, teach me not to read things through after I've just woken up before posting, I thought that was one of the all penalty ones /shrug my mistake

Smuthunter said:
Also, Alex? Please stop giving us these ridiculous power-up options. We don't need your help to break the system over our collective knees given what we have already and what we're slated to get in the future. You're making this too easy.
*shrug* I was just trying to put back Boosted Gear to how it was, not the nerfed version we have now. But that's okay, I am only offering. It's not like there will be times when you face enemies with Epic Attributes ranked at 5 who pack base damage in the hundreds, right?

[X] offer to help the older girl reach the cat
-[X] if she accepts put one arm around her waist while she hold on your shoulders before you use monkey leap and jump up a part of the way before boosting her up to the rooftop. we'll leap up and catch her on the way down.
Silversun17

1 vote

[X] Ask the two if they need any help.
- [X] If need be use some of our less obvious charms.
Least Devotee cross_grave Prince Charon

3 votes

[X] Activate Monkey Leap Technique and Soaring Whirlwind Sprint from Personal Essence, channel Compassion if a roll is required
-[X] It's not even something that requires a thought on your part, as essence flows through you and your bags hit the ground just as your feet leave it in a burst of speed, you bounce off on wall and scope the kitten up, keeping it calm with ease as you safely return yourself and your cargo to the ground in front of the little girl.
Eler0 Mignonette EternitynChaos Brandark dreadis Selias Unelemental darklord

8 votes

[X] Gathering yourself, you gently place your bags on the sidewalk. No need to do something obviously supernatural when mundane skill can accomplish the same thing. Rushing forwards, you kick off the alley wall, bouncing to the other side and back, using the steep brick as a stairway to the rooftops. Once their, you grab the kitten, and retrace your steps, handing the small animal back to the child with a flourish.
sworded,Diller Sol Mark-1 Introspective Tinkerer Odysseus2099 Kelenas shadowward nightblade kinglugia MerelysSoul juracc Mu-Sensei Fellgar Justbrowsing Disminded

13 votes

winning vote

[X] Gathering yourself, you gently place your bags on the sidewalk. No need to do something obviously supernatural when mundane skill can accomplish the same thing. Rushing forwards, you kick off the alley wall, bouncing to the other side and back, using the steep brick as a stairway to the rooftops. Once their, you grab the kitten, and retrace your steps, handing the small animal back to the child with a flourish.

Alexander said:
The book said "a character may be hurled back one yard for every three dice of raw damage inflicted by the attack". There are Charms that modify this, like Heaven Thunder Hammer, but in general you take the raw damage, divide it for 3 and obtain the number of yards your target fly away.

This pleases me thank you for the information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexander said:
*shrug* I was just trying to put back Boosted Gear to how it was, not the nerfed version we have now. But that's okay, I am only offering. It's not like there will be times when you face enemies with Epic Attributes ranked at 5 who pack base damage in the hundreds, right?
I'd be more worried if we had ever faced an enemy we didn't curbstomp in two or three rounds. :mad:

Considering Raiser damn near killed us at the end, and may well have if we hadn't pulled something out of our ass I'm not sure what your complaining about Smut, we have yet to even come close to any Boss fights, Raiser was at most a Mid-Boss and he damn near killed us o_O everything else we have fought has been basically mooks or followers to be from what I can remember, and even then we were not looking to hot at the end even without the Dead Beam, and thats With Regen

Smuthunter said:
I'd be more worried if we had ever faced an enemy we didn't curbstomp in two or three rounds. :mad:
Oh, I see. Yes, it's a reasonable complain.

*change notes of future plot*

Done.

EternitynChaos said:
Considering Raiser damn near killed us at the end, and may well have if we hadn't pulled something out of our ass I'm not sure what your complaining about Smut, we have yet to even come close to any Boss fights, Raiser was at most a Mid-Boss and he damn near killed us o_O everything else we have fought has been basically mooks or followers to be from what I can remember, and even then we were not looking to hot at the end even without the Dead Beam, and thats With Regen
The only reason we didn't kill Raiser on the first hit was because of phoenix healing, which no other enemy in the series has. The only reason we were even remotely worn out at the end was because Alex pulled author's privileges and forced us into a beam of war rather than letting us do something like a Renegade Interrupt in the middle of Raiser's charging sequence. We have not been properly challenged at all yet, and now we're talking about getting back powers that we haven't needed since the story began? We still have freaking Balance Breaker to look forward to. We have not unlocked the most basic of Issei's canon power-ups yet, never mind Triana or Juggernaut Drive or whatever comes next!

...let me see if I'm right here, your saying, don't unnerf Boosted Gear, because we will have Balance Breaker soon... but its Nerfed atm, so it may well just be a set of armour currently for all we know, I mean with the way your talking I know what I'd do as a ST if my PC's were saying things were to easy and there was a big power up in the wings /shrug

Also, Raiser didn't have any Soak enhancers, NONE at all, because healing, while others like say Mid levels Boss mobs may well have Soak in the hundreds since this world dosn't have perfects its gone to Super High Damage numbers and Super High Defence Numbers instead

EternitynChaos said:
...let me see if I'm right here, your saying, don't unnerf Boosted Gear, because we will have Balance Breaker soon... but its Nerfed atm, so it may well just be a set of armour currently for all we know, I mean with the way your talking I know what I'd do as a ST if my PC's were saying things were to easy and there was a big power up in the wings /shrug

Also, Raiser didn't have any Soak enhancers, NONE at all, because healing, while others like say Mid levels Boss mobs may well have Soak in the hundreds since this world dosn't have perfects its gone to Super High Damage numbers and Super High Defence Numbers instead

Let's also not forget the only reason we hurt Raiser so bad was because it was holy damage. Which only works on creatures of darkness and all of our enemies necessarily won't count as that for example the hero faction. Hell Cao Cao might Georg might create monsters that are immune to holy based attacks just to counter us.

EternitynChaos said:
...let me see if I'm right here, your saying, don't unnerf Boosted Gear, because we will have Balance Breaker soon... but its Nerfed atm, so it may well just be a set of armour currently for all we know
Given Alexander's propensity for handing out power-ups like candy I find that extremely doubtful. Also a suit of artifact armor is kind of a big deal even if the armor is all you get out of it; you do realize we've been doing all our fighting in just our street clothes, right?

I'm not concerned about super-high numbers when there's no indication we're going to face a character like that in the near future. If I thought we were about to face Kokabiel or Vali I would be a lot more concerned, but our opponents for now are just a bunch of (granted, highly skilled) mortal martial artists.

Smuthunter said:
Given Alexander's propensity for handing out power-ups like candy I find that extremely doubtful. Also a suit of artifact armor is kind of a big deal even if the armor is all you get out of it; you do realize we've been doing all our fighting in just our street clothes, right?
I'm not concerned about super-high numbers when there's no indication we're going to face a character like that in the near future. If I thought we were about to face Kokabiel or Vali I would be a lot more concerned, but our opponents for now are just a bunch of (granted, highly skilled) mortal martial artists.

Is there any chance for Issei to get Balance Breaker before Excalibur arc?

Smuthunter said:

We happen to be on the eve of vol 3 which means that after this arc(or in an alec plot twist during this arc) we're probably going to be fighting Kokabiel.

touhou ranfuku said:
Is there any chance for Issei to get Balance Breaker before Excalibur arc?

Ddraig said at the beginning of the current arc that we missing just one vital "something" needed for Balamce breaker.

So that was probably foreshadowing that we're going to get BB soon. Hopefully before the Excalibur
arc. Though if we're getting our face wrecked by Kokabiel I could see us going BB through the sheer desire to have the strength to keep him from killing our friends.

I will post tomorrow morning. Bye.

I like the new charm why are people even complaining about more power :-\

it makes sense since we hit ess 4 some of boosted gear would evolve. Not growing stronger when we will be facing a leader of the fallen angels and vali seems like a dumb idea.

noahgab1133 said:

it makes sense since we hit ess 4 some of boosted gear would evolve. Not growing stronger when we will be facing a leader of the fallen angels and vali seems like a dumb idea.

Pretty much this. I for one thank Alexander for the boost. :))

I like the new charm as well. Also did Alex seem kind of upset to you guys. What with the whole bye thing.

noahgab1133 said:

omap5.jpg

I agree. There are no situations where more power is a bad thing.

Ryozanpaku - Part 7
----

[Playing white knight again?]

'Can you see me doing anything else?'

[Nope. You sure are different from my past partners. Not that is a bad thing.]

Gathering yourself, you gently place your bags on the sidewalk. No need to do something obviously supernatural when mundane skill can accomplish the same thing. And you have the latter in spades.

"One word of advice: try using a leverage."

The girl turns around to see who talked, but you're already rushing forward. You kick off the alley's wall, bouncing to the other side and back, using the steep brick as a stairway to the rooftop, your feet touching its surface with a final mighty jump.

"Wooh!"

"What?!"

Once there you gently grab the kitten and retrace your steps, landing down and handing the small animal back to the child with a flourish. "This is yours I presume?"

"Chou-kun!" The girl happily takes the kitten and rubs her face on its muzzle. "Thank you Oni-chan, One-chan!" She says before running away.

You wave at her with a smile. When you turn to get your bags, however, you find the girl with a cap glaring at you with a scowl. "I didn't need your help."

Maybe, maybe. "I was just worried for the kitten." You neutrally replies.

She lowers her cap and huffs, a bit of pink coloring her cheeks, but doesn't answer back. "How did you do that?" She asks instead.

"Training."

"Training? Are you a martial artist?" She doesn't seem to believe you.

"If you train with heavy weights on your limbs, you will find out that without them your body feel light as a feather." Your lips curves into an amused smirk. "And I am more of a brawler than a martial artist. I just had extensive training regimes."

"..." The girl starts rubbing her chin with one hand, looking at you with a calculative glare. It's only when you pick up back your bags and start walking away that she speaks. "I have a proposal from you."

She turns the top of her left hand in your direction, showing the number "VII" with a cocky smile. "Join Ragnarok. Surely you have heard of us? You will have the honor of serving under Kisara Nanjou, the Seventh Fist called Valkyrie."

You raise an eyebrow. How odd, to come into contact with Ragnarok again. However you have an answer ready. "Yes I heard of you. But like I told Odin I am too busy to join a gang. Plus me and orders from others don't mix well."

The girl, Kisara's eyes widen. "How do you know Odin-sama's name?"

You shrug. "We meet while I was fighting a group of delinquents. He asked me to join Ragnarok and I politely refused."

"Absurd!" she angrily shouts. "No one say 'no' to Ragnarok. Unless..." Her eyes slowly widen in realization. She points a finger at you. "No way! You're Nidhogg, the only one who defied Odin-sama and survived without a scratch?! There is no way!"

You blink in confusion. "Nidhogg?" Why would they...right, you never said your name. They probably came up with that themselves.

[What was that? Nidhogg?] Ddraig spats in disgust. [I can understand they wanted to follow the Norse theme, but in that case they should have chosen at least Fafnir. How dare they gave you the name of an Evil Dragon?]

Uh oh, seems like the whole 'name' thing upset Ddraig. It's best to leave so he can calm down. "I don't know if I am this 'Nidhogg', but like I said I am not interested. Bye."

You manage to make two steps before a leg blocks your passage. A leg clad in tight jean, slamming on the wall next to you. "Do you really think I would let you go like this?" Nanjou-san says with a hard tone.

You sigh. 'Seriously Odin, control your subordinates.' "So what? Are you going to beat me until I join?"

"Nothing so crude." She smirks, assuming a combat stance. "We fight. If I win, you will become my subordinate!"

[] Write-in.

We really should point out unless she thinks she can beat odin then she really shouldn't attack us. He's the only one our age that we have met that has a chance against us.

[X] There is really no point in us fighting. Unless you can beat Odin you won't have a chance against me at all. He is the only one my age as well my age that I have met that has a chance to beat me.

nightblade said:
We really should point out unless she thinks she can beat odin then she really shouldn't attack us. He's the only one our age that we have met that has a chance against us.
I don't know, I don't think we can talk our way out of this one. Specially since Kisara has that whole thing about "girls having the strength to beat boys" thing.

[X] Deadpan look. "That's the same thing."
-[X] You sigh before remembering a line of an anime jumps at the forefront of your mind and you smirk...

"You can't get something without offering something of equal value in exchange." You raise a finger, and suddenly she is the one with a confused expression. "I accept your challenge, but if you lose, you will serve to me as you wanted me to serve you."

Silver W. King said:
I don't know, I don't think we can talk our way out of this one. Specially since Kisara has that whole thing about "girls having the strength to beat boys" thing.
We didn't say anything about her being a girl. Heck we can mention one of our teachers is a woman. Unless she is on Odin's level she's not going to win. Speaking of Odin is there a reason we don't have pictures of him, Freya, and Loki Alex with all the other characters?

[X] "How about if I win, you become my subordinate?" You joke as your body turns around and you laugh a little, silly girl doesn't know what she facing, no need to take it seriously, as she shouts to you you pick up your speed and disappear leaving her behind confusing what just happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back