• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Vote change:

[X] Spend some time talking with Rias. While you've faced combat together before & you've even carried out favors for her brother on her behalf you don't actually know that about her personally. Remedy that. Drop the bombshell about the new ability your Boosted Gear developed & its implications when she seems a bit relaxed, preferably when she's had some tea.
-[X] Give Rias some time to process the possible ramifications of your revelation, although if she should want a personal demonstration you'd be happy to oblige her. Do the same & try to relax, forgetting the events of the past few weeks & decide yourself who you want to be moving forward, not letting other factions define it for you.

Stunt-You place your cup of steaming tea down on the mahagony table, judging from Rias's serene expression sitting across from you she was as prepared as she could be be to hear this. You steeple your hands together, drawing on all your poise & charm, your voice as smooth as velvet as you reveal your newest bombshell.

Least Devotee said:
Consider for a moment the training time and xp cost for raising essence:

Even if that did apply, I said it was fitting. As in thematically fitting. I did not say anything about it being feasible. ;)

[X] Spend some time talking with Rias. While you've faced combat together before & you've even carried out favors for her brother on her behalf you don't actually know that about her personally. Remedy that. Drop the bombshell about the new ability your Boosted Gear developed & its implications when she seems a bit relaxed, preferably when she's had some tea.
-[X] Give Rias some time to process the possible ramifications of your revelation, although if she should want a personal demonstration you'd be happy to oblige her. Do the same & try to relax, forgetting the events of the past few weeks & decide yourself who you want to be moving forward, not letting other factions define it for you.

Stunt-You place your cup of steaming tea down on the mahagony table, judging from Rias's serene expression sitting across from you she was as prepared as she could be be to hear this. You steeple your hands together, drawing on all your poise & charm, your voice as smooth as velvet as you reveal your newest bombshell.

EternitynChaos said:
Smut... Alexander has flat out said we need to teach then TMA, then use the charms used to let Dragon Blooded learn CMA before they can learn CMA, as for Ruby learning melee charms, I figure anything like that she will learn on her own, like we would, because we teach her martial arts, not melee, which we suck horribly at currenly
Similar Charms, thematically appropriate. But he's right: if they are considered Solar Charms, a Solar Half Caste can (with some exception) learn them. Solar Hero Style is the only CMA that qualify however. However, I still recommend that they learn some TMA first, to get used to Supernatural Martial Arts first.
Ruby can learn Melee Charms if Bright, by using Issei as proxy, tells her own to do it.
The only reason Solar Half Caste can learn (some) Solar Charms is because of their compatible Essence. There is only so much non-Exalts can achieve.
EternitynChaos said:
and up the page in the part for All types of God-blood, which half-castes still count as is this

we are lucky that Alexander is ruling that we can using the same charms the Dragon Blooded use to let them learn CMA to teach our followers, but I don't think we are going to convince each other, so lets stop arguing and wait until Alexander gets back on rather then filling the thread with needless bickering ya?
Yes, I am ruling under the assumption "SHS=Native Charms for Solars" and "Half Caste can learn Native Charms". However, they will not be as powerful. For example, if Yang learn Fists of Iron Technique she would have something like this:
Iron Fists: While this Charm is active, the base damage of her unarmed Martial Arts attacks is increased by her Essence rating. Her unarmed Martial Arts attacks may inflict Lethal damage if she so chooses, and she may parry Lethal damage unarmed without penalty
Not the same, yet Thematically appropriate.
the greatlord said:
[X] Tell Rias about this! (But wait until she's sitting down and has a cup of tea ready!)
Welcome to QQ and my quest! 8)
codeRR said:
Uh ok, I did forget we have like double our normal pool with that thing....didn't realize how big of a boom having those pools are. We can fool around with motes a lot more.....

and we have another pool for offense and defense.....my fellow exalted players would love to have those pools
Issei has those, frankly, game-breaking advantages, because: A, he was born with a Longinus; B, the rest of the cast is even more broken. Boosted Gear is an Artifact N/A, and it's only fair in the current contest.
EternitynChaos said:
Incorrect, on the front page just bellow that there is this

and as Bright Shattered Ice is an E10 Solar I don't think we are going to have a problem there
What he said. Normally that spell, used by Sidereals to fast-train new Sidereals, can't raise Essence. However Bright is in an unique position, and thus apply effects that normally wouldn't be possible. However, forced Enlightenment may have side effects...
The Slumbering Crocodile said:
Do we actually know that they become immune to DxD Holy upon becoming Half-Castes, or are people just assuming things again? Both types seem to operate on "Creature of Darkness"-ness, sure, but there is a difference between Exalted Holy (UCS' shitlist) and DxD Holy (Yahweh's shitlist? Only anti-Devil? Was it ever clarified?).
It's a property of their bodies. Like, it has impurities and so is susceptible to Light powers. It's also why new Devils are weak under sunlight. Note how Fallen Angels aren't weak to Light. Akeno can use her Light powers just fine (unless she gets hit with them.

Effectively I didn't say that. However, by aligning their Essence to match a Solar they accept a fundamental change in their bodies and enter under Creation's laws as Issei's Exaltation intends it. So it could be argued that, by having the Sun's power in them, light in all its forms shouldn't be a weakness. Of course, no one know for certain because it was never tested...
EternitynChaos said:
Except our Holy attacks work on unholy things in this world Croc, which says some interesting things, particularly if with the Big G gone, we may have accidentally gotten stuck with the same Job as the UCS has in Creation if the system God set-up saw us and went 'Eh, good enough, right, the jobs yours.' If that's the case... well its going to cause some interesting things I think
Uh, I haven't considering that. Michael and the other Seraph are keeping the system on, but it doesn't run at full power because they aren't powerful and skilled enough.

Ironically, Bright herself may be able to get it back at full power...

Great omakes Megris ;). Let me counts a little and I will tell you if they are worth Xp.

A little bit of news: the next post will be a little late for a multitude of reasons. First, I need to update the Character Sheets and the Index. Second, I need to iron out the details for the Epic Attributes (DxD works on Power Levels. Damn you Ishibumi). Third, we are reaching a crucial point in the plot and I need to sort out how what happened will influence Issei and what I want him to see. Those who wants to help me with the latter and don't mind spoilers can contact me via PM

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for clearing all of that up Alexander ^^ looking forward to seeing the next part, and how the girls and Shougo change from becoming Half-Castes ^^

megrisvernin said:
megrisvernin said:
They're good Megris, but sadly they don't follow the requirements I put:
Requirements:
-The omake must not be from Issei's POV.
-The omake must show other characters off-screen or their actions/reactions to something that happened in the quest. If it's in character and makes sense I can even can rule it as canon for the story.
-The omake's length must be at least 1200+ words.
-Grammar must be good.
Sorry.

If any of you feels the need to write an omake, I can propose a challenge:

Issei exalts as a Lunar. His Animal Shape is obviously a Dragon. Plus Luna speaks with him to teach her new Lunar and...well, fully support his harem dreams 8)

Once I did have an idea about Raiser actively deny the marriage with Rias, why? Because a playboy like him marrying only ties him down to the leg, so I believe Raiser would try to do something to delay/stop the marriage instead of pushing it.

touhou ranfuku said:
Once I did have an idea about Raiser actively deny the marriage with Rias, why? Because a playboy like him marrying only ties him down to the leg, so I believe Raiser would try to do something to delay/stop the marriage instead of pushing it.
Different culture. Devils have a polyamorist culture.

BFldyq said:
Different culture. Devils have a polyamorist culture.

Even with that Raiser still has to cut a lot of his time to noble party this and noble party that, more works, that and this. Being officially married and free playboy is different.

touhou ranfuku said:
Even with that Raiser still has to cut a lot of his time to noble party this and noble party that, more works, that and this. Being officially married and free playboy is different.
Well, for one thing, Rias would be spending most of her time in the human world, until she graduate from university. Meaning 4+ years, as well as the time she spends at highschool.

Updated Vote Counting

[X] Relax and enjoy tranquility(Vanguard_D)
# of Votes-1

[X] Start teaching your comrades REAL Terrestrial Martial Arts (Least Devotee, Odysseus2099)
# of Votes-2

[X] Tell Rias about this! (But wait until she's sitting down and has a cup of tea ready! (Silversun17, the greatlord)
# of Votes-2

[X] Spend Xp with something that requires time?
-[X] (Sledgehammer Fist Punch) (darklord)
# of Votes-1

Relaxing Tea with Rias variants
# of Votes 18

Sub-variants

[X] Spend some time talking with Rias. While you've faced combat together before & you've even carried out favors for her brother on her behalf you don't actually know that about her personally. Remedy that. Drop the bombshell about the new ability your Boosted Gear developed & its implications when she seems a bit relaxed, preferably when she's had some tea.(Unelemental, Smuthunter, Bfldyq, Coderr
# of Votes 4

[X] Spend some time talking with Rias. While you've faced combat together before & you've even carried out favors for her brother on her behalf you don't actually know that about her personally. Remedy that. Drop the bombshell about the new ability your Boosted Gear developed & its implications when she seems a bit relaxed, preferably when she's had some tea
-[X] Give Rias some time to process the possible ramifications of your revelation, although if she should want a personal demonstration you'd be happy to oblige her. Do the same & try to relax, forgetting the events of the past few weeks & decide yourself who you want to be moving forward, not letting other factions define it for you(EternitynChaos, megrisvernin, dreadis, Diller, Indrik, Silver W. King, Eler0, Disminded, nightblade, noahgab1133, Ben Bladesman, Walkir, Akio, Noctum)
# of Votes 14

I don't care either way, they're the same vote with different wording.

Least Devotee said:
Some gm's do, don't remember if Alex is one.

...that nick and his old Ganondorf avatar always made me connect this with Judge Mental's Xander quest on SB...
Which I also see developing into a Harem direction by the time Alex (the main char) gets old enough for that... With all the social skills, talent in dealing with women and spells a teenager is going to abuse as much as possible...

Sorry for the OOC, but this Alex just reminded me.^

So which of these attributes have yet to be at five dots?

The Martial Arts Ability, therefore, overlaps with many other Abilities. A martial artist character has good reasons to develop those Abilities.

Athletics: This Skill describes how well a character controls and coordinates his body to run, lift, climb, jump and so on. A martial artist could use this Ability to run up a wall, fight while balancing on a narrow ledge, jump and bounce off an awning, and then land on his feet on the ground after a flying somersault.

Awareness: Martial artists train their minds as well as their bodies. To strike an opponent in precisely the right place and time, a fighter must anticipate his foe's actions by noticing shifts in his stance or how he moves his weapon. An expert martial artist could also develop this Ability to avoid ambushes or surprise attacks.

Dodge: Any fighter who stands and lets her opponent hit her is either very confident in her armor or a fool. Smart fighters prefer to use footwork and flexibility to be where an attack isn't.

Integrity: Martial arts training demands great self-discipline to train for hours in defiance of pain, fatigue and boredom. On a subtler level, a great fighter must keep a clear head in a fight so his opponent can't fake him out or goad him into losing control. This mental and physical discipline can help a martial artist resist drugs and attempts to break his will.

Larceny: Even if a martial artist doesn't care about picking locks or running scams, she might want to deceive a foe through feints or quickly produce a weapon from a hidden location.

Medicine: To attack the weak points of the body, one must know where those weak points are. Knowledge of medicine also proves useful when training hard. After a fight, a prudent martial artist might also want to know how to deal with wounds. One way or another, refined fighting styles often include some medical knowledge.

Resistance: The search for perfect control of the body often includes training to counter the body's weaknesses. In a fight, victory can go to he who tires last or can endure the most pain. Martial arts training often involves toughening striking surfaces with patches of callus so it doesn't hurt so much to hit someone. Muscles tensed at the right moment can reduce the force of a blow. Martial artists might also train to resist heat, cold or other fatiguing conditions.

Stealth: Not every martial artist necessarily wants to sneak around, but moving without making a sound or leaving any trace of your passage is an excellent test of how well one controls one's body.

Thrown: A small thrown weapon can incapacitate a foe just as well as a larger weapon, if you strike the right location. Throwing objects at a small target is also a good test of coordination.

Conceivably, a martial artist might find almost any Ability useful in developing his combat prowess. The Ability labeled "Martial Arts," therefore, represents more than hitting people. It also represents how well a character integrates all of his mental and physical skills—which may be represented by other Abilities—for the purpose of combat. Therefore, an expert martial artist has as much in common with an ordinary bar brawler as a lion has with a household mouser.

That list came from Scroll of the Monk, which is infamously bad. I would not advise using it as a guide for anything. Dodge, for example, is not strictly necessary for any fighter who is confident in his ability to parry. Stealth and Larceny are especially unnecessary unless you want to be a ninja-monk. Forget Thrown completely.

All of them except for Resistance, and we don't need any of them maxed quickly, a fair few of them need training times, though some at least of those probably can be speed up by Bright, we are 4xp away from E4, I for one would like to hold off for that, get the martial arts charm we made up a while ago to speed up the learning of our followers and then see about other things, that is me though, ymmv

Smuthunter said:
That list came from Scroll of the Monk, which is infamously bad. I would not advise using it as a guide for anything. Dodge, for example, is not strictly necessary for any fighter who is confident in his ability to parry. Stealth and Larceny are especially unnecessary unless you want to be a ninja-monk. Forget Thrown completely.

That is what Alex is using last time I checked.

cyberswordsmen said:
That's how permanent Yozi charms work. They aren't just you being better at stuff. It's you taking on an inhuman trait that gives you powers in some ways but changes you in others.

The bullshit hax is for high essence charms not entry level charms for the greater charmsets.

EDIT: Also charms that just make you better without anything else to them are boring. Giving a drawback or requirement gives the entire thing flavor, as it gives you the choice of embrace the way the charm would have you act or forfeit it's power.
Wow you really don't understand. I am glad I came back and read through this thread looking for something. Here's a hint on why I think you insisting on this is dumb. They aren't Yozi or Primordials. Thus they shouldn't be treated as such. Your reasoning in the edit is a pretty good idea. However since they aren't Yozi or primordials they can act outside their theme with full power. In the end it's up to Alex.

nightblade said:
That is what Alex is using last time I checked.
Then consider that to be advice for Alex as well. Combining several abilities and saying "to be a real master you need to be good at several of these" is fine. Using that specific list and saying you need to hit every single point on it is absurd. The writer obviously doesn't know what he's talking about for several of these; just off the top of my head, there is no feint action for Larceny to benefit.

I think the nearest thing to a feint I've seen is some charms forcing rolls against [Wits+Awareness] or you suffer a tick delay or something similar in combat

EternitynChaos said:
I think the nearest thing to a feint I've seen is some charms forcing rolls against [Wits+Awareness] or you suffer a tick delay or something similar in combat
That might be Shifting Quicksilver Draw, a Lunar charm that lets you subtly draw a weapon using Dexterity + Larceny against a Wits + Awareness check to notice the draw. It kind of sucks though, since it doesn't give you a surprise attack or anything.

Nah, I was talking about one of the charms from the First Pulse style

POISONED RAT MOVES WITHOUT PRIDE
Cost: 4m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2;
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Lightning Mental Armament, Stubborn
Monkey Hesitation
It is always an advantage to throw your opponent off
guard. Slow reactions in a deadly conflict show a lack of
focus, but making someone else react slowly—that's skill.
When the character hits a person with a Martial Arts attack
while using this Charm, his target's player rolls (Wits
+ Awareness) against a difficulty equal to the character's
Martial Arts rating. If the roll fails, the martial artist's attack
delays his target's next action by a single tick, effectively
increasing the Speed of her present action by one. Used
cleverly, this technique can provide valuable gaps in opponents'
defenses.

that's it I think, unless I'm misreading things again *remember kids, sleep is important, and 3.5 hours sleep in 24 hours sucks ass, seriously*

Omake - 8
Since those earlier Omakes can't count. Here's a REVEAL CASE File covering the incident where Issei first shows up to class with his improved appearance...

REVEAL CASE File 0009
Prepared by Junior Researcher Uncover

The morning of [Redacted] was the first unambiguous sign of Machine Seductor Issei's protracted campaign to seduce women & advance the Machine Conspiracy. While later evidence(See CASE File 0017 for further details) suggests he may have engaged in some activities before hand, this marks the first time he could no longer easily conceal the changes in his behavior & appearance. This researcher believes the change in Issei's attractiveness were meant to put him at the epitome of human beauty & attractiveness. The following transcript was taken from an interview with a Researcher present at the time. Additional comments by me will be marked with []

(Can you state your name for the record?)

Tak-That's uhh Researcher Steel's Bane.

(Can you tell us about the events of the morning of [Redacted])

You mean the time pretty bo-That is Issei first showed up looking like a model?
[There's some...disagreement about the proper term to refer to Issei. While the majority opinion is that he was replaced by the Machine Conspiracy with a womanizing doppelganger there are those who believe that he had his conciousness uploaded or was converted by nanomachines. For the purpose of this report, we use the term Machine Seductor Issei to refer to his behavior after he began luring women to distinguish from his earlier lecherous, but unsuccessful with women behavior whatever the true distinction in his consciousness between those periods is]

(That incident. Can you walk us through what happened to you then?)

Oh sure. A lot happened that morning to me but I'll try to stick to what's relevant to Issei.

(That would be appreciated)

Well ten or so minutes before class started I got a text message from [Redacted] saying something about some unknown male bishonen in a student uniform. I texted them back asking if they meant Kiba. We argued for a bit since they insisted they thought the guy reminded them of someone from my class. Well that's when I was distracted by the noise coming down the hall.

(Is it uncommon for it to be loud before classes start?)

Loud? Nah that's common. People getting in some last minute gossip or arguments before class. It's not...the volume? I think that's the word, of the noises that caught my attention. It's...what they were saying.
[The interviewer gave a gesture to the witness to elaborate]

...It's...well knowing what I know now some of what they said is downright eerie. I think someone said it was impossible for that to be Issei. Another that...that...the Apocalypse was near.

[There is a pause of several moments before the interview continues]

(What happened next?)

Well I heard the door open. I didn't quite have a good angle to get a look at the person entering but I remember them asking them if they were late. The next bit was...pretty fast.

(Fast?)

I saw both of Issei's friends literally jump to their feet & one ran up to punch him.

(Do you which one moved to punch him?)

Nah. Don't know them well. Plus their names both start the same, always get 'em mixed up. Better to just say it was one of them, then to try to pick one & be wrong.

Either way there's like a smack noise. Not the same kind of...crunching? You hear when you know a punch really connects. I could hear that Issei, the new guy anyways, had blocked it. Damn good reflexes to stop it when someone suckerpunches you like that.

Then they both go off at once demanding to know the new guy is, what he did to their friend.
Then Issei asked if they were still tired & told them his name. Both were pretty confused by that.

(Do you think their response was genuine?)

As opposed to faked you mean? Can't be totally sure since again I didn't see their faces, but they sounded sincere. I don't really buy that theory they are in on the whole thing. Though the next thing...

(The mirror incident?)

Yeah that. One of them passes Issei a mirror & he looks into it. Doesn't recognize the face reflected back.

(Did you believe his reaction genuine?)

Dunno. Like it sounds like the kind of thing you make up, like someone acting poorly does. And he fistpumped! Who does that? Considering how Issei can be so convincing now it felt...odd for him to get caught in that kind of lie. Though it does explain what happen next.

[There is considerable debate among REVEAL Researchers as to why Machine Seductor Issei failed to recognize his own appearance. One of the more prominent theories is that this is an obvious failure of a mirror test, a phase where children at eighteen months can generally recognize that the image reflected in a mirror. Clear signs of either a malfunctioning unit or hints at his artificial origins]

(Can you walk us through that?)

Sure. But I'm NOT rehashing this argument. I've seen people argue the most innane points of it. I'll tell you what I saw but I'm not offering an opinion.

So Issei hands the mirror back & asks the teacher if he can address the class. Honestly I kind of feel sorry for the poor teach having to watching all of this. Anyways he goes up in front of his desk & gives this weird as hell spiel. Said something about how he got dumped by his girlfriend, comments it was odd she went out with him in the first place given where they are on the food chain.

[This is no firm evidence but the woman Machine Seductor Issei refers to his is believed to be Yuuma Aman. Given the timeline of her hospital visit & the timestamp on the im conversation regarding her, it's believed that Machine Seductor Issei made this comment before memories of her were erased. Given he didn't mention her by name, the omission might have been purposeful.

Then he says he relied it was a setup, then had a moment of en-brighten-something?

(Enlightenment?)

Yeah that. He had a revelation. That he was trying to apply game & porno rules to the real world. His language was really metaphoric though? He mentioned died & starting over again. Then introduced himself again before one of his friends tried to do some kicking move on him. Things went back to normalish after that

[The argument the Subject is mentioning is a contested disagreement among Researchers whether Machine Seductor Issei was describing, if tangentially, the process he went through to achieve his current state. Those believing him to be upload take this as proof of evidence of his change. Some have posited it's proof for any entire different cause, that this Issei is some flash-imprint of his former self. Copying his memories, but no continuity hence the "death & reborn"]

(Can you discuss another incident later that day?)

Yeah sure. I imagine you mean Prince Charming showing up.

(Yuuto Kiba, yes. His & Machine Seductor Issei's interactions.

[Subject seems to scowl at the title assigned to Machine Seductor Issei, but gives no comment]

Alright but not much to tell. At the end of classes Prince Charming shows up & talks to Issei. It was pretty loud with everyone getting ready to go home but they didn't say much. They left the class quickly after. Though some of the girls where whisphering really loudly

[Subject shifts uncomfortably]

Some kind of pairing of them. Like that bullshit thing they do matching up which celebrities "belong" together.

(Did you think the description was inaccurate?)

[Subject stares baffled for a few seconds]

You mean if they should hookup? Dude I don't ship. That's just..

[Interviewer seems a little frazzled]

(I meant more if there were similarities between them. That they seemed of the same kind of class or crowd)

Oh. Ohhhhh! Well don't say things like that. Yeah the two of them...stand out together. But it's kind of odd seeing a guy look even...not prettier? Not...rugged either...Uhhh better? Yeah better looking than Prince Charming. I knew Issei had looked better than before, but standing right next to them...You really get a feel of the change in his looks.

[Transcript Ends here]

[Final Addendum Some Researchers argue that Yuuto Kiba was a prototype for Machine Seductor Issei. Their improved looks & their involvement in the "Occult Research Club" suggests a connection between the two. That Yuuto Kiba came to escort Machine Seductor Issei in the direction of the Club the exact morning his appearance changes is certainly odd timing.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back