• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Smuthunter said:
This is a reason to do it later, not when we're trying to gear up our combat skills for big fights against people who are a lot more powerful than us.
Eh it seem like more of a reason to do it now rather than later. Many of our favored skills become vastly more combat relevant and effecient with DxD magic that only cost time spent learning them which can shrink rapidly with skill inducement.
Issei doesn't know that, so this is metagaming.
You sure he doesn't? I mean our lore is pretty up there now.

It is. We spent some of that buffing our Martial Arts score up to 4.
Our spells are nifty but none of them are Solar-tier. Fist of the Daystar is the way to go for huge damage and close combat proficiency. Plus it has Heaven Thunder Hammer, so whenever someone gets too close for comfort we can knock them into the next district.
Eh.
Fist of the Daystar is awesome in Exalted but I feel deeply uncomfortable speccing in something outside our native competencies. Especially when it's highly inefficient, time consuming and requiring a deep amount of investment.
And your complaint on spell is also newly outdated with the new system where it seems like we can shoot up to high degree of mastery in multiple fields useful magic seeing as we can shoot up to legendary and transcendental levels of ability in multiple fields and we've just gotten access to a large amount of sensei in them.

There's also the question of the Exp Rebate from the Changed cost and reduced Training times.

And I just Checked it's not off.

After Buying the Dots of Martial Arts we had 7 xp left plus the 20 for the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
personally I wish I had been around when the choices for favored skilled were being made, I'd have swapped out Dodge or Awareness for Martial Arts myself.

But anyway, Martial Arts is something we, in character have already set ourselves to learning, not only that Martial Arts are to useful to ignore. also once we hit the capstone for the core charms for Fist of the Daystar we can learn a charm that halves all future Martial Arts Charms, or at least the ones for Celestial Martial Arts.

Larekko12 said:
Eh it seem like more of a reason to do it now rather than later. Many of our favored skills become vastly more combat relevant and effecient with DxD magic that only cost time spent learning them which can shrink rapidly with skill inducement.
You seem to be under the impression that we have lots of time to spare on long-term projects, or that we haven't taken on several such projects already.

You sure he doesn't? I mean our lore is pretty up there now.
If the devils and the fallen angels ever collaborated on anything it would be top-secret stuff that you wouldn't learn except by asking them or the Maous or someone else who was there for it.

Eh.
Fist of the Daystar is awesome in Exalted but I feel deeply uncomfortable speccing in something outside our native competencies. Especially when it's highly inefficient, time consuming and requiring a deep amount of investment.
And your complaint on spell is also newly outdated with the new system where it seems like we can shoot up to high degree of mastery in multiple fields useful magic seeing as we can shoot up to legendary and transcendental levels of ability in multiple fields and we've just gotten access to a large amount of sensei in them.
And then somebody gets in close and we're screwed because we can't defend ourselves in CQC save with resistance charms, none of which are of the "make bad things go away" variety. Like it or not we've dedicated ourselves to mastering the martial arts, not just for ourselves but also so we can train the harem.

Besides which, Fists of Iron Technique covers a small but annoying hole in our defenses -- we can't parry lethal attacks with our bare hands unless we pull out Boosted Gear. If we pick up FoIT we can do stuff like catch bullets with our bare hands without needing to, say, pull out Boosted Gear in a crowded public place, or if someone gets the drop on us and attacks before we have the opportunity to spend a Misc Action putting our gear on.

Pursue Snake?
[X] Yes

Introduce the girls to Azazel?
[X] No
-[X] But tell the girls about him and let them make their own decisions on whether to contact him or not.

Tell Azazel about Exaltation and all that it implies?
[X] Yes
-[X] He is already aware that there's something different about you. Give him a vague idea of what an Exaltation means , but withhold information about your abilities.

Tell Azazel about your research on the Evil Pieces?
[X] Yes

Pursue Snake?
[X] Yes

[X] No
-[X] But tell the girls about him and let them make their own decisions on whether to contact him or not.

[X] Yes
-[X] He is already aware that there's something different about you. Give him a vague idea of what an Exaltation means , but withhold information about your abilities.

[X] No

Pursue Snake?
[X] Yes

[X] No

[X] Yes

[X] No

Pursue Snake?
[X] Yes

[X] No

[X] No

[X] tell him that we are researching, and would like to talk to him on the matter, but alas, war and politics seal our lips. I'm sure he knows how it is.

lets not give up our trump card just yet, hmm?

as for Yang and Ruby, that should be a no-brainer.

don't tell your enemies about your secret allies.

And your reasoning behind telling him about our Research into the Evil Pieces?

I would think telling someone your not sure off about something that important to your allies would be a no no?

EternitynChaos said:
And your reasoning behind telling him about our Research into the Evil Pieces?

I would think telling someone your not sure off about something that important to your allies would be a no no?
Never mind that this is sensitive information that the devils probably don't want getting leaked into the hands of their enemies. And cease-fire or not, the fallen are still enemies for the time being. This is a really great way to get in deep shit with the Gremory family.

I REALLY don't get with people wanting to tell people about our research....i mean Devils are in a cold WAR with the fallen angels you know?

Just realized that it's (likely) going to be difficult or impossible learning angel magic if we continue up the devil path. Though sense we don't plan to learn much in healing because we have Asia and we already do holy damage.

codeRR said:
I REALLY don't get with people wanting to tell people about our research....i mean Devils are in a cold WAR with the fallen angels you know?

Yeah the peace agreement isn't for awhile so the 3 Factions of Christianity are still in a cold war.

codeRR said:
Just realized that it's (likely) going to be difficult or impossible learning angel magic if we continue up the devil path. Though sense we don't plan to learn much in healing because we have Asia and we already do holy damage.

We don't plan to become devils so we can still potentially use Angelic magic.

Final and revised edition of my vote -

[X] First Occult Excellency , Spirit Detecting Glance.

Pursue Snake?
[X] Yes
Get them out of our hair now while we have time to spend on them. Eiko can speed our search enormously by scouting around the city from above, in fact she can probably do this on her own while we handle other business. Once we've found the Snakes we go in and have a word with their leader whenever we have some spare time.

[X] No
He's probably going to find out about them sooner or later anyways, and we want the girls to become as strong as possible as soon as possible. Still, this should be their decision and Asia at least may have some reservations about meeting him.

[X] Yes

[X] No
Stunt:-
[X] An overwhelming amount of red energy bursts out from the boosted gear and surrounds you , trying to invade your body , mind and soul. Desires , impulses , emotions alien to you nature suddenly fills your mind. You want to see your enemies broken at your feet , begging for mercy. All the riches of this world, piled at your feet. And yet an unquenchable desire fills you. You need something more , something greater....

Just as suddenly, the invasion stops , and warmth feels your body. The feeling was.... It was like one of these cold and rainy days that leave you miserable and make you wonder whether there was any warmth left in the world , and suddenly the clouds part and the warm rays of the sun embrace you , and drive the memory of cold away from your body and mind.

When you return to your senses , you sense an invisible barrier separating the energy from your being. The red energy seethes about your body , and you can sense its intentions , sort of. It won't bow to your will , but it is willing to work with you , instead of against you.

Brandark said:
[X] First Occult Excellency , Spirit Detecting Glance.
SDG does exactly nothing useful for us.

[X] Yes
His help will cut down the time needed to produce your own version of the peerage system by a lot. But ask him to keep this project secret until it's finished.
At the cost of our alliance with the Gremory family!

Why would we want spirit? We haven't really dealt with spirits just yet

I'm curious about your choice

codeRR said:
Why would we want spirit? We haven't really dealt with spirits just yet

I'm curious about your choice
It's a dumb choice given that there aren't any spirits to interact with. The only useful thing we could get out of it is Magic-Shattering Strike, which is an essence 4 charm. Everything else in that tree is either stuff to interact with spirits or All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight, which does exactly what our Anima power already does for us.

Smuthunter said:

THIS

It's bad enough thinking about the potential political ramifications about us stopping Rias wedding with Raiser when we "just a human".

Now you want to guarantee the Gremory clan and all of devil society will be pissed at us for giving to give up the secret of how they reproduce to the leader of one of their two main enemies that they're in the middle of a COLD WAR in.

Once the alliance is form and we make sure everyone is cool with this then sure we can ask Azarael for help but not now

Sorry about all the bold caps but I needed to emphasize this this is a very very BAD IDEA!!!

Smuthunter said:
SDG does exactly nothing useful for us.

It's true that SDG is not very useful to us at the moment , but most occult charms has this a pre-requirement. We need to take the basic charms to work our way up to the good ones.Say , for example , Eclipsing The Sun.
Smuthunter said:

Hopefully it won't come to that.We told him to keep it a secret , and war is the last thing Azazel wants , so he will keep his mouth shut. By the time we are successful , the alliance would have been made. Recreating the peerage system by our own will land us in hot water , with or without Azazel.

In canon , Azazel got away with it because a) There was peace between the three factions when he announced his success, and b) He's freaking Azazel , leader of the fallen angels.

If a human does the same thing , I am not sure how much Rias' support will do against the ire of the traditional devils. And we would be a easy victim to blame because of our revelation of the genetic changes the chess pieces cause , as we are a much easier target than Azuka Beelzebub.

By giving the info to Azazel , we get his help , take the brunt of his curiosity of our other secrets for a while , and worse comes to worst , we give him all the credits behind the discovery , so that the situation remains unchanged from canon.

Brandark said:
It's true that SDG is not very useful to us at the moment , but most occult charms has this a pre-requirement. We need to take the basic charms to work our way up to the good ones. Say , for example , Eclipsing The Sun.
Which is (A) essence 6, and (B) requires several useless speed bump charms to buy into it.

Hopefully it won't come to that.We told him to keep it a secret , and war is the last thing Azazel wants , so he will keep his mouth shut.
I'm not depending on secrecy when we're shit at it and Issei has no way to know what Azazel would do with that information. This course of action is stupidly retarded and will earn us a shitload of enemies in Hell. The only reason anyone would even consider this course of action is because people are metagaming around knowing that Azazel is a cool guy. Vote for something else.

And if you're not concerned about the political consequences for us, think about the consequences for whoever it was that allowed us to gain that information in the first place. This is a straight-up betrayal of Rias and her trust that we're on her side and that we won't do stupid shit to endanger her reputation.

Smuthunter said:
You seem to be under the impression that we have lots of time to spare on long-term projects, or that we haven't taken on several such projects already.
Noo. I'm under the impression the Mastering Martial Arts is in itself a long term project and that while learning magic is also one it's one that our actual build lets you shrink massively and that is in fact resonant with our long term projects.

If the devils and the fallen angels ever collaborated on anything it would be top-secret stuff that you wouldn't learn except by asking them or the Maous or someone else who was there for it.
Eh.

And then somebody gets in close and we're screwed because we can't defend ourselves in CQC save with resistance charms, none of which are of the "make bad things go away" variety. Like it or not we've dedicated ourselves to mastering the martial arts, not just for ourselves but also so we can train the harem.

Besides which, Fists of Iron Technique covers a small but annoying hole in our defenses -- we can't parry lethal attacks with our bare hands unless we pull out Boosted Gear. If we pick up FoIT we can do stuff like catch bullets with our bare hands without needing to, say, pull out Boosted Gear in a crowded public place, or if someone gets the drop on us and attacks before we have the opportunity to spend a Misc Action putting our gear on.

Eh. We looking at the same stuff? We favor, Resistance,Awareness,Athletics, and Dodge. Now I don't have the Exalted books but these seems like stuff to make these concerns irrelevant by never being caught unawares, being able to super dodge all the things, or being an ultimate tank that never wears out. And that Tank that never wears out and is made of iron feeds into the Dragon Quality and blowing shit up with combat relevant casting times. We aren't talking Sorcery afterall.

And our Spell list are supposed to get a revamp.
Now we can't teach them SHS. But we cant attain mastery fairly easily and train them that way and use Brights Cheats which from what I know would all have to come from our actual Caste traits like Lore( which we should spend more time on.)

Further the situation or being able to parry lethal attacks barehanded is kinda dumb. Specifically cause it's an example of parrying a fucking bullet barehanded in public. Which is so unnatural you might as well be using boosted gear. We'd be better off wearing gloves that let you parry.

And I'm not sure about the terrible big deal your making when it comes to the concerns about our standing when it seems the self guy is really with Rias's family despite being on the other side.

Pursue Snake?
[X] Yes
- [X] This is easy experience. We can have our familiar seek out the gangs then follow them to one of their bases of operation... which we then raid and use to find their leadership. We don't even need to interrogate them, just grab their cell phones and go through their call history and/or contacts list. Our personally spent time on this project would be much reduced since we wouldn't be personally looking for them but we would still be getting the experience since we are completing the "quest".

[X] No
- [X] But tell the girls about him and let them make their own decisions on whether to contact him or not.

[X] Kind of?
- [X] Don't give him specifics but since we did ask him to come up with a training plan we might as well give him the generalities of what we are looking for in our training plans. AKA and in different wording obviously ask him to make the main focus the gathering of experience, and then there is training from hell in specific abilities. Beyond that though? Probably not much else to tell.

[Evil Pieces]

You don't know if he will be interested, but maybe Azazel can give you advices about your little project.

[X] No
- [X] HELL NO! The Evil Piece system is effectively a state secret. Its kind of surprising we still get access to evil pieces now that we have shown we are making progress on them. Handing out this info to a another group that is in an effective cold war with them? That's asking for us to get grabbed and tossed into a devil prison or something. Sure we are proving we are useful but we also have to show we are not so dumb as to blurt out we are research state secrets to the enemy leadership of all people.

[X] Settling down in your room you breath in deeply to catch the sent of your home. Your ears pick up the sounds of your mother preparing dinner down stares in the kitchen. You can't think of a place you feel more at home at, so settled you metaphorically set down an anchor in this spot at this time before you then begin meditating. You have an idea that the best way to go about this dragon energy would be to synchronize yourself with Ddraig but you want to be extra cautious anyways and make sure you still have something to pull yourself back from a bigger ego then your own. You begin to breathe. In down up out. In down up out. You breathe and drown out everything but your breath and the beat of your heart. And when those are the only things in the eye of your mind you open yourself to Ddraig trying to synchronise your heart beats.

So yeah, I thought. Why not make it a three die stunt rather then just a two die stunt? O:)

[X]First Occult Excellency, Fists of Iron Technique 16 exp

How much would a Lore excellency cost? It might be a good idea to buy that one also. And maybe an athletics one...

Larekko12 said:
Noo. I'm under the impression the Mastering Martial Arts is in itself a long term project and that while learning magic is also one it's one that our actual build lets you shrink massively and that is in fact resonant with our long term projects.
Mastering FotDS is a long-term project -- just like getting all the charms in any other Solar tree, whether it's favored or not. The difference between this and the crafting route is that mastering martial arts is a process that's broken up into chunks and each chunk gives us very powerful and tangible benefits in the short and long term, whereas Crafting is useless until we have a significant power base to work with, which we won't for quite a while.

Eh. We looking at the same stuff? We favor, Resistance,Awareness,Athletics, and Dodge. Now I don't have the Exalted books
I do. Maybe you should take good advice when it's being given to you by someone who's familiar with the system.

but these seems like stuff to make these concerns irrelevant by never being caught unawares, being able to super dodge all the things, or being an ultimate tank that never wears out. And that Tank that never wears out and is made of iron feeds into the Dragon Quality and blowing shit up with combat relevant casting times. We aren't talking Sorcery afterall.

And our Spell list are supposed to get a revamp.
Which we haven't seen yet and whose reliability I'm not counting on when I have a kung-fu style right in front of me that I know works great for wrecking peoples' shit. I'm especially not trusting in this completely new and totally untested magic system until I know it works.

And I'm not sure about the terrible big deal your making when it comes to the concerns about our standing when it seems the self guy is really with Rias's family despite being on the other side.
That's because you're metagaming instead of making decisions that make sense from Issei's perspective. We have met this person exactly one time, have not the faintest idea that he's working with the Gremory family, and our impression of him is only founded on a vague gut feeling that he's an okay guy to work with, and yet people are voting to spill all our secrets and special projects to him. This does not make the slightest bit of sense.

Remember the 20% of so of the evil pieces we discovered could turn into a big political blow-out(Evil pieces make you the niece/nephew of [King] who owns the piece.) could you imagine the rest of it

If we did this it would have consequences for us and Rias.After all Rias is the whole reason we have access to the evil pieces. So the devils could blames her if the info on it got out. Remember we're still trying to figure out a way to stop her marriage with Raiser without causing a political shitstorm.

This right here is a political shitstorm.

Again Ise JUSt met Azarael and he was the leader of the guys who nearly killed Issei several times. He's also the guy trying to get us into a fight with our fated rival who is much much stronger then us and he created the method to extract sacred gears which Asia nearly died from. Rias might be a devil but she's been nothing but helpful to us and we didn't trust her with our secrets until we had no choice but to explain it to her.

Sure he's been vouched for but it's canon that he's the least trusted of the 3 factions leaders. Michael, Sizrechs and Serafall even told him that to his face. You think the more traditional devils are going to be happy about the fact a human and Azarael reverse engineered the evil pieces and NOBODY told them they were doing that and that they were doing this BEFORE the peace agreement.( someone from Rias peerage mentions how long we've been doing this whther intentionally or accidental and shit goes pear-shaped.)

Metawise we know he's a total bro but Ise in character does not. Its better to get friendly with Azarael but not letting him near the sensitive stuff. We're had not even introducing Ruby and Yang to him unless they say its ok and you guys want to let him near our exaltion and the evil pieces? Both of which are much much bigger secrets?

Hey smut? You going to answer his comment on the publically catching a bullet in your hands counter? Or are you giving up that point? If so you might as well remove it from your vote. I'm holding off on that myself until I see your counter at least.

Pursue Snake?
[X] Yes
[X] No
[X] No
[X] No

Not bothering with stunts for these.

[X] Stunt : As Boosted Gear forms around your arms power flares, green and full of pride and arrogance, Your mind clears and firms, the Dominion of Dragons is no challenge to the supremacy of one of the Chosen of the Sun.

[X]First Occult Excellency, Fists of Iron Technique 16 exp

Fellgar said:
Hey smut? You going to answer his comment on the publically catching a bullet in your hands counter? Or are you giving up that point? If so you might as well remove it from your vote. I'm holding off on that myself until I see your counter at least.
That specific example is a bad one, but the point stands. Fists of Iron Technique is a charm that we can activate reflexively during step 2 of the defense phase, whereas Boosted Gear can't be pulled out unless it's our turn and we spend a miscellaneous action on it. If we roll badly on a Join Battle roll we might need to defend ourselves from several opponents without the use of Boosted Gear. If we have Fists of Iron Technique that's not a problem.

This is setting aside the other benefits to having that charm, like being able to inflict Lethal damage instead of Bashing damage with both of our gauntlets, or giving Boosted Gear the orichalcum material stat boosts, or the Hero bonus that also gives our unarmed attacks the Piercing tag and lets us penetrate heavy armor much more easily. It's a really powerful charm.

Smuthunter said:
That specific example is a bad one, but the point stands. Fists of Iron Technique is a charm that we can activate reflexively during step 2 of the defense phase, whereas Boosted Gear can't be pulled out unless it's our turn and we spend a miscellaneous action on it. If we roll badly on a Join Battle roll we might need to defend ourselves from several opponents without the use of Boosted Gear. If we have Fists of Iron Technique that's not a problem.

This is setting aside the other benefits to having that charm, like being able to inflict Lethal damage instead of Bashing damage with both of our gauntlets, or giving Boosted Gear the orichalcum material stat boosts, or the Hero bonus that also gives our unarmed attacks the Piercing tag and lets us penetrate heavy armor much more easily. It's a really powerful charm.

Fair enough. And this is why I wait to see counters before I change votes~! ;)

Quick question. How much would a Lore excellency Cost us? If we have enough we may want to buy it just so our magic we are actually training will get something out of this. As is we are using our Lore for our magic roles right now.

Smuthunter said:
the Hero bonus that also gives our unarmed attacks the Piercing tag and lets us penetrate heavy armor much more easily.

So will allow us to break Vali's balance breaker armor without Ascalon or super boost? Cause if so I'm even more for it then i was before.

Diller said:
So will allow us to break Vali's balance breaker armor without Ascalon or super boost? Cause if so I'm even more for it then i was before.
Probably not break it exactly since it's not normal armor any more than our own is, but it will help our damage penetrate his defenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back