• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

maybe something with essence burning off the magic controlling people? after all the sun is a symbol of purification and fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lon said:
Hmm, I think we should start investing in some anti brainwashing charms. Also Charisma.
Charisma is too much of an investment to only get one or two dots more on our rolls. We can invest in social charms, but we might need to house-rule them, I don't know that there are any existing anti-brainwashing charms besides possibly Hastening Night's End, which is supposedly in the Scoll of Erata except I can't find it anywhere.

Huh, Charisma really sucks that much? Appearance seems to have helped us out a lot in comparison.

noahgab1133 said:
and this is before we find the other riders cough blake and weiss cough which i am really hoping happens soon.

Can't wait to see how Alex incorporates them backstorywise.

noahgab1133 said:
maybe something with essence burning off the magic controlling people? after all the sun is a symbol of purification and fire.

That might be viable but we should save such ideas until we in story how the Hero Faction operates. In-character we have no reason to look into anti-brainwashing spells unless hearing about all those kidnappings got us real paranoid.

Though if we break the brainwashing on all the affected Hero Faction members we're going to have a lot of powerful humans who will feel grateful to us.

Smuthunter said:
I don't know that there are any existing anti-brainwashing charms besides possibly Hastening Night's End, which is supposedly in the Scoll of Erata except I can't find it anywhere.

Here you go: http://wiki-proving-grounds.wikispaces.com/Charms+-+Presence#Zenith%20Charms-Presence%20Charms-Hastening%20Night%27s%20End

Hastening Night's End
Cost: 10m; Mins: Presence 5, Essence 4; Type: Simple (One dramatic action)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Emotion, Obvious
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Hypnotic Tongue Technique

A touch, a kind word, a moment of intimacy— through such gestures the Solar Exalted may straighten that which is bent and mend that which is broken. This Charm's activation requires at least one hour of personal interaction, which may take a wide variety of forms. Patiently listening to a subject while they explain what ails them, sitting together to watch the sun rise or set, or an evening of lovemaking would all qualify. This Charm has two effects. First, the Solar may target and remove one derangement from the target's mind, regardless of whether it was inflicted by Charms, sorcery, the Wyld, or the simple stresses of life (if any effect contests this, the Solar adds his Presence in automatic successes to the roll-off). Second, the Solar forges in the target an Intimacy to a specific memory in the target's life of which she is aware. So long as this Intimacy endures, the target may not reacquire the derangement the Solar cured, nor may that memory be in any way tampered with, altered, poisoned, removed, or corrupted.

Hastening Night's End may be resisted for a cost of 0 Willpower—the Charm will only help those who wish to be helped. It is impossible for the patient to gain Limit or Resonance, or suffer a Dark Fate manifestation, Limit Break, or Torment during the course of the treatment.

Our dick literally becomes a magical therapeutic device.

It's Essence 4 though.

Lon said:
Huh, Charisma really sucks that much? Appearance seems to have helped us out a lot in comparison.
It's not really that it sucks, just that it's not great for our build. Charisma would be a great investment if we were heavily-invested in multiple social attributes like Presence (which we have), Performance, War, or Socialize (which we don't) because it boosts all of those abilities. The way we are now, it only benefits Presence, and we can get that benefit cheaper and more easily by investing in specialties or raising Presence by that fifth dot that we don't have yet.

Appearance helps us out a lot because it's a broken attribute. It benefits both our social defense and our social attacks against people who have a smaller appearance score than us, which means almost everyone save Bright (who has Appearance 10 by way of being an Elder Solar). Charisma has helped so far by making us better able to project ourselves without coming across as a huge pervert, but we don't particularly need any more help on that end.

John At DAwn said:
Here you go: http://wiki-proving-grounds.wikispaces.com/Charms+-+Presence#Zenith%20Charms-Presence%20Charms-Hastening%20Night%27s%20End

It's Essence 4 though.
Thanks. The essence minimum poses a problem, and I'm not sure that mind control would manifest as a derangement now that I think about it; it would be more likely to be Unnatural Mental Influence. A geas of some sort, possibly like Hypnotic Tongue Technique or Threefold Binding of the Heart. The solution to that may be some spin-off charm from Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgement, possibly a Bright Slap that knocks the UMI out of the target.

Smuthunter said:
The solution to that may be some spin-off charm from Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgement, possibly a Bright Slap that knocks the UMI out of the target.
I once thought of a custom charm that is basically this. Except it was more I Know You're In There Somewhere than Bright Slap.

John At DAwn said:

It's Essence 4 though.
You know, even if this charm doesn't remove brainwashing. From the sound of it, I really want this charm once we reach essence 4 just because it sounds like an amazing way to help Rias's peerage with their problems. And maybe Ruby/Blake/Weiss too, depending on how similar they are to their Rwby verse counterparts.

man, Grayfia can fuck off.

how horrible would it be to be married to some old harpy who won't even let you spend time on your hobbies with your friends?

yes, he has an important job, no, that doesn't mean he's not allowed to have fun. resorting to violence over something as petty as that is just crude.

Not what I was expecting from a queen.

iamnuff said:

how horrible would it be to be married to some old harpy who won't even let you spend time on your hobbies with your friends?

yes, he has an important job, no, that doesn't mean he's not allowed to have fun. resorting to violence over something as petty as that is just crude.

I think the issue is that he's doing it while on duty. also i think she's his queen in another sense of the word.

iamnuff said:

"Skipping your duties again to play videogames?

She isn't mad that he was playing video games. She was mad he was putting off doing his job to play video games.

Edit ninjaed

iamnuff said:

Go read Let's go to the onsen dude.

touhou ranfuku said:
Go read Let's go to the onsen dude.

Oh man. Grayfia was hilarious in that.

He should also check out vol 8 extra life The fun family of the Gremory to see how she's like when she's off the job.

ES made some interesting charms and Sorcery spell's that we may want to look into, If nothing else our ladies would thank us for getting the Integrity Charm https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1jmxwx7FPXA-jzWJiv2fyCGeJQGQu2QomFTs5j45mPec

I know my mother would have killed for a nearly painless delivery which heals instantly, even if the pregnancy did last 3 months longer /laugh

EternitynChaos said:
ES made some interesting charms and Sorcery spell's that we may want to look into, If nothing else our ladies would thank us for getting the Integrity Charm https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1jmxwx7FPXA-jzWJiv2fyCGeJQGQu2QomFTs5j45mPec

I know my mother would have killed for a nearly painless delivery which heals instantly, even if the pregnancy did last 3 months longer /laugh
... Reading that integrity charm. You do realize that if we get this charm and people learn we have it, there's no way we'd get any peace afterwards. Not counting the painless birth (which would be an awesome perk alone), any child we have is guaranteed to have our rated potential. Which is pretty much hero/demi-god tier.

I wouldn't be surprised if we never left the bedroom again. Not to mention the factions fighting over us.

heheheheheheheheheh, thats part of the fun, though even without that we are going to be having Half-Caste kids as it is

iamnuff said:

Agreed. A lot of people seem to think the crazy-violent wife thing is funny for some reason, but I never understood it. Sort of like those scenes where some girl smashes a guy in the nuts with a blunt object and you're supposed to laugh.

Silversun17 said:
I think the issue is that he's doing it while on duty. also i think she's his queen in another sense of the word.

If you're taking the scene seriously, no one gets to tell a ruler what his office hours are. If I understand the setting correctly Grayfia only has her title because she married Sirzechs, which means that in any real nation that has nobility what she just did would get her a beating/divorce/prison stay at best and a quick execution at worst.

But I assume this is meant to be taken more like a Naru punch in Love Hina - not 'real' violence, and meant to be funny (although in both cases my own responses range from nausea to disgust).

well dragons can mate with anything and solars can as well... great issei is gonna have dragon godling babies.

i think the argument about grayfia is being taken a bit too seriously. point one this was meant as comedy so should be taken with a grain of salt. two they are supernatural beings this is like your girlfriend/wife lightly hitting you in the arm or teasing you when you forget to do something.

EternitynChaos said:
heheheheheheheheheh, thats part of the fun, though even without that we are going to be having Half-Caste kids as it is
What's a half caste anyway, and how is it different from the mini exalted that the charm grants?

Half castes, they can learn everything a Solar can up to there essence, which hits max at 3 without house rulesing it, which means unlike everything else except Celestial Exalts, they can learn Perfects, which is kinda broken

I tend to mix the two together, Exalted Charms until Essence 3, once they Hit Essence 4 and go full god/spirit they get Spirit Charms for everything, while not loosing the Exalt Charms, but not being able to buy ones for anything above Essence 3 still.

noahgab1133 said:
well dragons can mate with anything and solars can as well... great issei is gonna have dragon godling babies.

Actually, I think only Dragon-Blooded Exalts can pass down their power genetically. Only way to get Solar Exaltation is through the usual method.

Am I right? Somebody please confirm. I'd only gotten that tidbit off TvTropes...

But the dragon part sounds about right. They can still be dragon-powered kids.

Yah, but Half-Castes are still a thing with every Exalt type, other then the Robot Exalts anyway

Rather jumping the guns a bit on kids and pregnancy, I think.

And now that I'm awake, I'll vote. Having a broken circadian rhythm sucks.

[X] Have Eiko investigate first.

On another note, Alexander, even if you prefer to edit yourself, feel free to ask me grammar questions and the like. As a general tip, one thing I've noticed across your work is the issue of word order. This often matters less for Romance languages due to stricter grammatical cases (you are Italian, I believe?), but is more important in Germanic languages particularly English (which has only two real grammatical cases remaining). The unfortunate reality of this though is that these rules can be somewhat inconsistent to the non-native speaker, due to a number of exceptions and colloquialisms. The best way to be sure is to ask. But in general, English follows the Subject-Verb-Object order in sentences. If you want to look into this further, there are a lot of guides online.

As an example from the last update, "Why is that you don't know, but there is and that's all that matters."

The 'why is' opening construction implies an interrogative, a question. What you would want in that sentence is: "Why that is you don't know, but..." This is the equivalent of "You don't know why that is..." which meets the SVO standard. I'd also advise changing 'there' to 'she' given this sentence's antecedent (the previous thing to which it refers) is Rias' unhappiness at our learning of her brother.

ShaperV said:
Agreed. A lot of people seem to think the crazy-violent wife thing is funny for some reason, but I never understood it. Sort of like those scenes where some girl smashes a guy in the nuts with a blunt object and you're supposed to laugh.

But I assume this is meant to be taken more like a Naru punch in Love Hina - not 'real' violence, and meant to be funny (although in both cases my own responses range from nausea to disgust).
The sociological work I've seen on the subject seems to imply it is a cultural response to the perceived impotence of Japan's loss and restructuring in WW2 in combination with their attempts to mimic Western culture subsequently. How accurate or whole that explanation, though, is beyond my expertise.

Alex, please ignore that half-Castes can learn Solar/Lunar/Sidereal charms. It is deeply stupid and an example of the devs dropping the ball when it came to intelligent game design, and would result in every Celestial Exalt breeding an army of their children to take over the world or whatever. What they should be able to do is learn thematic Spirit Charms, up to their Essence (max 3, they're still mortal), and have to pay extra for them -- 16 exp, probably. Anything else and half-Castes become better than Dragonblooded. You know, the actual Exalted army.

lies, Dragonblooded aren't real Exalts, they just tell themselves they are to make themselves feel better, they still cry themselves to sleep at night though, because they realise the truth.

If we have to reverse Brainwashing, there's a charm for it.
THUNDER BREAKS THE CLOUDS
Cost: 10m, 2wp; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 3; Type:
Reflexive (Step 10)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Solar Hero Form
The character's fists blaze with the revelatory truth
of the Unconquered Sun. This Charm may be activated
whenever the Solar successfully strikes a being with an
unarmed attack. Tongues of cleansing golden flames erupt
from the target's eyes and mouth and she screams in pain
as every instance of unnatural mental influence affecting
her abruptly terminates regardless of source or potency.
Only the fealty of akuma, the bindings of demons, the
Great Curse and similarly inviolable effects chosen by the
Storyteller ignore this Charm.

[X] Have Eiko investigate first.

Man, I didn't think me trying to write comedy would result in a debate about violence in the matrimony and Japan's castration.

Maybe it's better if I avoid the topic altogether from now on.

Indrik said:
On another note, Alexander, even if you prefer to edit yourself, feel free to ask me grammar questions and the like. As a general tip, one thing I've noticed across your work is the issue of word order. This often matters less for Romance languages due to stricter grammatical cases (you are Italian, I believe?), but is more important in Germanic languages particularly English (which has only two real grammatical cases remaining). The unfortunate reality of this though is that these rules can be somewhat inconsistent to the non-native speaker, due to a number of exceptions and colloquialisms. The best way to be sure is to ask. But in general, English follows the Subject-Verb-Object order in sentences. If you want to look into this further, there are a lot of guides online.

As an example from the last update, "Why is that you don't know, but there is and that's all that matters."

The 'why is' opening construction implies an interrogative, a question. What you would want in that sentence is: "Why that is you don't know, but..." This is the equivalent of "You don't know why that is..." which meets the SVO standard. I'd also advise changing 'there' to 'she' given this sentence's antecedent (the previous thing to which it refers) is Rias' unhappiness at our learning of her brother.
Yeah I'm Italian. Thanks for the tips, fixed. Please continue to point out my mistakes, you're helping me improve a lot.
The Slumbering Crocodile said:
Alex, please ignore that half-Castes can learn Solar/Lunar/Sidereal charms. It is deeply stupid and an example of the devs dropping the ball when it came to intelligent game design, and would result in every Celestial Exalt breeding an army of their children to take over the world or whatever. What they should be able to do is learn thematic Spirit Charms, up to their Essence (max 3, they're still mortal), and have to pay extra for them -- 16 exp, probably. Anything else and half-Castes become better than Dragonblooded. You know, the actual Exalted army.
I was aware of that. For that I made up some rules:

-In this quest Half-Caste can reach up only to Essence 3. Becoming Gods is the only way to surpass the limit.
-They don't learn native Charms, but thematic Spirit Charms, which you players can created: but they must be weaker than proper Solar Charms.
-Excellencies are the only exception to the above rule: they can have the same effects as their Solar parent Charms.
-All Charms are Unfavored and costs 10 Xp.

Eiko is a good example: after you finish the Familiar Contract (tomorrow In-Story) she will gain the Half-Caste status (together with Familiar benefits). In her case, raising Essence above 3 happens after living for a certain number of years.

You know, back when I tried this quest with Lelouch and the players chose "Lunar Mate is an Yandere", I was planning to select Tianzi, the Empress of China, as Lelouch's Lunar Mate.

With her being the reincarnation of Raksi.

Aren't I cruel >:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back