• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

I hope we can help Kenichi with his supposed-to-be-harem, no kidding, in canon there's about 4 (5) girls like him: Miu, Renya (the daughter of Ma), Spark (the twin-tail daughter of Ma's enemy), the Yomi girl whose master is the over 80 years old Judo user and Kenichi's weapon master Shigure. Then again Kenichi only being Nice Guy and has his eyes only for Miu, I really don't know about this.

Then getting this one is what I actually want:

http://kenichi.wikia.com/wiki/Izayoi

She's hot, you can't deny it.

He would slap us around like a first year student once we ran out of motes, maybe even before that, for all we are awesome and have some neat tricks, he's got 80-90 years on top of ridiculous talent and none stop training, while I wouldn't say he's on the same level as the Maou, I would say he's on a similar level to Beowulf just on skill alone, and who knows what techniques he's picked up, or how he's changed from being moved into the DxDverse.

Ymmv of course

Ken-chan may very well not even be in this verse, for all we know we could have taken his place in the meeting between Miu/Ken/Ryu or said meeting could never have happened

touhou ranfuku said:
I hope we can help Kenichi with his supposed-to-be-harem, no kidding, in canon there's about 4 (5) girls like him: Miu, Renya (the daughter of Ma), Spark (the twin-tail daughter of Ma's enemy), the Yomi girl whose master is the over 80 years old Judo user and Kenichi's weapon master Shigure. Then again Kenichi only being Nice Guy and has his eyes only for Miu, I really don't know about this.

Then getting this one is what I actually want:

http://kenichi.wikia.com/wiki/Izayoi

She's hot, you can't deny it.

This is a manga. They're all hot. 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
kinglugia said:
I hope we meet Sho (Kenichi's Yami counterpart, iirc) as well, because he's also a worthy mortal opponent in my eyes.
(Plus, he's too awesome to die like that in canon. Rage incarnate I became when I saw his death. And then I was Homulilly)
And when we got Sho, Kenichi and Hermit (as well as the other Ragnarok fists), we can now get our own bros and fem-bros.
Hora. Hora Hora.
Nah, Kenichi's actual Yomi(Yami is the adult one) counterpart is Satomi Kajima, aka human Sairaorg Bael. A guy born with a terminal condition, and is as talentless as Kenichi, through hard work he managed to strengthen his body enough that his condition wouldn't kill, and as such he dedicated his life to Martial Arts.

This is what he looks like:
KS1.5.jpg

BFldyq said:
Nah, Kenichi's actual Yomi(Yami is the adult one) counterpart is Satomi Kajima, aka human Sairaorg Bael. A guy born with a terminal condition, and is as talentless as Kenichi, through hard work he managed to strengthen his body enough that his condition wouldn't kill, and as such he dedicated his life to Martial Arts.

This is what he looks like:
KS1.5.jpg

Muscle Wizard Sairaorg Bael approves of this magnificent mortal being.

Speaking of the different mortal Martial Arts stuff (which isn't looked at much in Exalted, Supernatural MA is where it's at), Alex, have you considered rejiggering the New World Of Darkness' Martial Arts Style Merits for Exalted rules? (Ignore Adamantine Hand, that's a Mage-only style) Here's an example of a Exalted modification someone else came up with.

@touhou
Ooh! Another bro to be added as our battle brother!
@Crocodile
I like the links you provided. Have a like-hora~

Trying to force too much of the HSDK story into the quest would be a poor decision, I feel. For an arc, fine. A few organizations like Yami or Ryouzanpaku, fine. But having Kenichi as a permanent fixture follower would just force us to engage his canon story when Issei already has his own. I won't object to them occasionally overlapping, but anything more would be excessive in my opinion.

A part of this is also that I just don't find Kenichi a very compelling character.

Indrik said:
Trying to force too much of the HSDK story into the quest would be a poor decision, I feel. For an arc, fine. A few organizations like Yami or Ryouzanpaku, fine. But having Kenichi as a permanent fixture follower would just force us to engage his canon story when Issei already has his own. I won't object to them occasionally overlapping, but anything more would be excessive in my opinion.

A part of this is also that I just don't find Kenichi a very compelling character.

HSDK was around 2000 era so the protagonist is in the Nice Guy, Hard Working type, much different to today's protagonist.

EternitynChaos said:
Also if we are smart we are full overdrives, which is 80 motes for Offence and another 80 for Defence, perhaps if we were feeling particularly careful also buffing Ruby and Yang ontop of that
You have: Bright insisted you always carry Boosted Gear at full Essence Pool (the Usurpation made her paranoid. More paranoid I mean). Ruby and Yang are not buffed.
nightblade said:
Please don't change it because of what cyber said. Ophis isn't from creation.
Right, but I still want to make it fair out of principle.
kinglugia said:
@Solar Dragon Charms
Well well well, isn't that an interesting one~
(Still hoping for a Perfect Circle Outside Creation, though, not sure the Solar Circle Alex posted is canon, but if not canon, I might make a list of Solar Lunar Sidereal Terrestrial combo...)
No Canon. List all you want :D
kinglugia said:
Sacred Gear spell:
[Crimson Lotus Blade - Range: 2 (Touch attack), Duration: 0 (Instantaneous), Area: 1 (Single target), Damage: +48 (16L damage), Energy (Fire): 1, Enhance (Strength +2): 30, Metaspell: 14 (Reflexive, Silent, Still), New Power: +4 (New natural weapon - Sword). Components: 100. Rank 3 Spell, borderline Rank 4. Reflexive attack.

Fluff: A blade of fire extends from the user's Sacred Gear, in which he can use to attack his opponent with. The attack will be treated as though as it is made by a character with 2 additional dots of Strength than the user's own.

(Not sure if it is supposed to be like that, especially on the New Power part, since the blade of fire is extended from the character's Sacred Gear, but he will have a proficiency with said blade, and the cumulative for both Protect and Enhance confuses me a little (on if the component at +1 is worth 10 components, but what about +2, +3, etc? Is it +20, then +50, or...?). Uguu...)
Give me a few minutes and I will make the right calculus.
BFldyq said:
Also, I wonder if Kenichi will be appearing. I hope so, I like the guy.
Kenichi exists in this Universe.
Unelemental said:
How does the Elder compare to Issei right now?
Mind, this is the guy that could run on water with pure awesomeness.
Issei loses badly even if he cheats like a scoundrel.

Anyway, I think I finally have a (somehow) clear idea about how to structure Ophis' Charm Set:
-Some Charms for Motes Generator, both to recover them faster and increasing our Pools.
-A series of Attack Enhancing Charms that end with an Attack dealing Infinite Damage (under the "Nothingness" theme, blows are covered by a dark aura that disintegrated matter (something like Green Sun Nimbus Flare)(We can call the first Charm "Oblivion Aura Strike" or something)
-A perfect defense for physical damage (but not shaping)
-Charms for mimic her Snakes creation (minions themed after the Character's anima banner or something)(people who have those minions inside them are treated as being parts of the Exalt's body, so effects of various Charm is expanded to them)
-Ophis' Blessings (Lunar has some nice Charms to inflict Wyld Mutations. Good ones obviously.

Her Internal Charm set may similar to Isidoros' Anarchy theme, but more similar to the Reason of Musubi from Megami Tensei Nocturne (wiki said it's similar to the philosophy of René Descartes. I will try reading it.

We have access to 80 motes for offense & defense right now?

How many motes can we use of our overdrive pool before our anima starts to flare.

Overdrive is Overdrive, we need to use Peripheral pool for our anima to flare I would think

megrisvernin said:
We have access to 80 motes for offense & defense right now?

How many motes can we use of our overdrive pool before our anima starts to flare.
They're treated as Peripheral Essence:

Motes used Effect
1–3 The character's caste mark glitters and is visible
from certain angles. The player of anyone
seeing the Exalt may make a (Perception +
Awareness) roll at standard difficulty for his
character to notice the caste mark. The Solar
can use the Stealth Ability normally and may
still hide behind Stealth Charms and other
concealing magic without fear of detection.
This effect can persist for as long as an hour after
the character has ceased to burn Essence.

4–7 The character's caste mark burns and will shine
through anything placed over it. It is impossible
to mistake the character for anything but what
she is. Stealth Charms and other such magic,
including the Night Caste's ability to mute
sensory impressions, fail. A character may use
the Stealth Ability to hide in natural cover,
but all such attempts incur a +2 difficulty.

8–10 The character is surrounded by a coruscant
aura bright enough to read by, and her caste
mark is a burning golden brand on her forehead.
Stealth is impossible.

Overdrive: Charms with this Keyword create a temporary pool of Peripheral Essence

It's peripheral, so I think it causes anima flare like normal.

Ah, did not know that /laugh ah well, personal motes first and all that, and if we pop a dragon *haha* I guess such is life

and thats kinglugia, ignore him/her/it/ohgodtenticles its safer for your sanity

Alexander said:
You have: Bright insisted you always carry Boosted Gear at full Essence Pool (the Usurpation made her paranoid. More paranoid I mean). Ruby and Yang are not buffed.Right, but I still want to make it fair out of principle.No Canon. List all you want :DGive me a few minutes and I will make the right calculus.Kenichi exists in this Universe.Issei loses badly even if he cheats like a scoundrel.

Anyway, I think I finally have a (somehow) clear idea about how to structure Ophis' Charm Set:
-Some Charms for Motes Generator, both to recover them faster and increasing our Pools.
-A series of Attack Enhancing Charms that end with an Attack dealing Infinite Damage (under the "Nothingness" theme, blows are covered by a dark aura that disintegrated matter (something like Green Sun Nimbus Flare)(We can call the first Charm "Oblivion Aura Strike" or something)
-A perfect defense for physical damage (but not shaping)
-Charms for mimic her Snakes creation (minions themed after the Character's anima banner or something)(people who have those minions inside them are treated as being parts of the Exalt's body, so effects of various Charm is expanded to them)
-Ophis' Blessings (Lunar has some nice Charms to inflict Wyld Mutations. Good ones obviously.

Her Internal Charm set may similar to Isidoros' Anarchy theme, but more similar to the Reason of Musubi from Megami Tensei Nocturne (wiki said it's similar to the philosophy of René Descartes. I will try reading it.
Her own thing is that she is pretty much on the same level as a primordial.

Alexander said:
In response to cyberswordsmen:A condition? Uhm...would "working to protect/aid an Intimacy" works? Or maybe "as long as the character doesn't interact with other beings"?
The second one is a very good choice. It fits with other aspects of her theme, is easy to do, and encourages the player to spend more time in solitude and thus act like Ophis. Subtly manipulating the Infernal to act more like the Yozi is part of the Primordial charmset themes.

Power (Pride) of Great Red — Ego
Cost: —;
Mins: Essence 2;
Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: None

The Apocalypse Dragon is the mightiest being in existence: his power is matched only by his pride. The Exalt treats any of his intimacies as his Motivation for the purposes of calculating MDVs and Stunt ratings. However, he cannot roll to regain Willpower from sleeping unless he has satisfied at least one of his desires since he last slept – if he has done so, he gains one automatic success on that roll.

I really like this one. It has a good benefit, has a drawback and makes the Exalt slightly less mentally human. It's a very good entrylevel mental charm for an infernal charmset.

cyberswordsmen said:
The second one is a very good choice. It fits with other aspects of her theme, is easy to do, and encourages the player to spend more time in solitude and thus act like Ophis. Subtly manipulating the Infernal to act more like the Yozi is part of the Primordial charmset themes.

I really like this one. It has a good benefit, has a drawback and makes the Exalt slightly less mentally human. It's a very good entrylevel mental charm for an infernal charmset.
Why are you insisting on them being balanced? It's not as if the Primoridals are balanced or the Dread lords.

Heck to take down a primordial you need a full solar circle, their luna mates, the sidereals that advise them and all the dragon blooded sworn to them. Which are probably in the thousands.

[embed=425,349]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlTA3rnpgzU[/embed]
Not sure if relevant, but Glorious Solar Roadways~

nightblade said:
Why are you insisting on them being balanced? It's not as if the Primoridals are balanced or the Dread lords.

That's how permanent Yozi charms work. They aren't just you being better at stuff. It's you taking on an inhuman trait that gives you powers in some ways but changes you in others.

The bullshit hax is for high essence charms not entry level charms for the greater charmsets.

EDIT: Also charms that just make you better without anything else to them are boring. Giving a drawback or requirement gives the entire thing flavor, as it gives you the choice of embrace the way the charm would have you act or forfeit it's power.

megrisvernin said:
Because this is a street fight against a low life thug. There's no reason to be fair or kind. The only reason we should hold back is avoid revealing our magical nature. But we're short on time with Ragnarok likely to show up. Let's crush quick & mercilessly. Besides I think from the clip someone posted he's far stronger than other people are making him out to be. Better to overestimate his ability & use a few motes to make sure he's down for the count...
It's not about being fair or kind. It's about being better than we are now. Pushing ourselves to the limit to get stronger. It's like taking a gun to a fistfight. You haven't really improved your fist-fighting at all by it. If we underestimate him and get a few bruises they're just a learning experience.
Besides, Berserker's probably just MA 3, maybe 4 if Alex is feeling generous. Remember MA 2 is black belt.
megrisvernin said:
Exactly. We just need to limit ourselves to our personal pool for this fight. Besides we need to make a good showing in front of Ruby & Yang :3.
I'd like to point out, they aren't using supernatural powers for this fight. What's so great about beating up a mortal while using superpowers? It's emasculating.

cyberswordsmen said:
That's how permanent Yozi charms work. They aren't just you being better at stuff. It's you taking on an inhuman trait that gives you powers in some ways but changes you in others.

The bullshit hax is for high essence charms not entry level charms for the greater charmsets.

EDIT: Also charms that just make you better without anything else to them are boring. Giving a drawback or requirement gives the entire thing flavor, as it gives you the choice of embrace the way the charm would have you act or forfeit it's power.
They aren't Yozi through. They are beings on their level that aren't constrained by the same limits like they are. Heck they are probably stronger considering that they can destroy the world with all the insanely strong beings in it.

nightblade said:
They aren't Yozi through. They are beings on their level that aren't constrained by the same limits like they are. Heck they are probably stronger considering that they can destroy the world with all the insanely strong beings in it.

I'm fairly certain that the Yozi, if they were free to do so, could also destroy the world despite all the strong beings in it, and the only reason they didn't in the Primordial War was first, due to them kind of wanting to keep Creation, then because of Exalted Bullshit. See, 'Three Spheres Cataclysm'.

cyberswordsmen said:
I took inspiration (read: copied) from this Isidoros' Charm Set. I think this reflect Great Red's Dragon Pride Aspect well, only it can also includes abstract concepts and it's more benevolent.

Still, I would like to remember that Ophis and Great Red aren't Yozi, and they can change (see how Ophis changed in canon).

Post is coming...

I just registered, mostly for ease of reading through this story. I love it! You really make him seem a decent guy, admirable even for his perverted habits, and put a lot of fun into it.

Of course, there's so many charm descriptions in the thread opening that I couldn't help thinking of them while reading, so here's something. Mutually inspired by his honorable perversion, his interactions with Bright Shattered Ice, and Draig's pride. (It's second edition based, if it matters, and I don't think he's going to get it. But meh, you inspired me to make something so you get to see it)

Eye of the Beholder:
Mins: Integrity 4, Essence 3
Duration: Permanent (scene)
Keywords: --
Prerequisites: Temptation Resisting Stance
Distasteful actions can tarnish even the most comely bodies in the
eyes of the righteous. And few actions are more distasteful to one
with integrity than the violation of their mind.

The Solar gains a temporary intimacy of disgust with any person they
have observed using Obvious Unnatural Mental Influence in a scene (the Solar's own
charm use is always obvious to them). They regard such people as if their Appearance were the Solar's Integrity lower than it actually is. As this disfigurement is in the mind, this can reduce their effective
Appearance below zero, but does not reduce their appearance for anyone else
(that is, their own MDVs and social attacks against other people are unaffected).
The temporary intimacy, and appearance reduction, fade after the end of the scene.

At Essence 4, the Solar only reduces their own Appearance by half
their Integrity, rounded up, when they have used Unnatural Mental Influence in a
scene. They increase their Appearance by one for each virtue they have channeled
in a given scene.

At Integrity 4, Essence 4, the Solar may repurchase this charm to apply its benefits
to anyone who has harmed one of their intimacies or maligned the Solar's motivation.

If the Solar knows Sun King Radiance, they may repurchase this charm to apply
its effects to all characters loyal to the Solar and all groups the Solar currently
leads with Magnitude less than their Essence.

mechanics note: There are charms that make other charms obvious, and the anima banner... all such things do count.

ir_fane said:
I just registered, mostly for ease of reading through this story. I love it! You really make him seem a decent guy, admirable even for his perverted habits, and put a lot of fun into it.

Of course, there's so many charm descriptions in the thread opening that I couldn't help thinking of them while reading, so here's something. Mutually inspired by his honorable perversion, his interactions with Bright Shattered Ice, and Draig's pride. (It's second edition based, if it matters, and I don't think he's going to get it. But meh, you inspired me to make something so you get to see it)

Eye of the Beholder:
Mins: Integrity 4, Essence 3
Duration: Permanent (scene)
Keywords: --
Prerequisites: Temptation Resisting Stance
Distasteful actions can tarnish even the most comely bodies in the
eyes of the righteous. And few actions are more distasteful to one
with integrity than the violation of their mind.

The Solar gains a temporary intimacy of disgust with any person they
have observed using Obvious Unnatural Mental Influence in a scene (the Solar's own
charm use is always obvious to them). They regard such people as if their Appearance were the Solar's Integrity lower than it actually is. As this disfigurement is in the mind, this can reduce their effective
Appearance below zero, but does not reduce their appearance for anyone else
(that is, their own MDVs and social attacks against other people are unaffected).
The temporary intimacy, and appearance reduction, fade after the end of the scene.

At Essence 4, the Solar only reduces their own Appearance by half
their Integrity, rounded up, when they have used Unnatural Mental Influence in a
scene. They increase their Appearance by one for each virtue they have channeled
in a given scene.

At Integrity 4, Essence 4, the Solar may repurchase this charm to apply its benefits
to anyone who has harmed one of their intimacies or maligned the Solar's motivation.

If the Solar knows Sun King Radiance, they may repurchase this charm to apply
its effects to all characters loyal to the Solar and all groups the Solar currently
leads with Magnitude less than their Essence.

mechanics note: There are charms that make other charms obvious, and the anima banner... all such things do count.
Welcome to QQ and my Quest :D

I try, I try. The Charm is good, Integrity isn't Caste/Favored but I don't see why Issei couldn't learn it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back