• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

You know I just realized something. It's been awhile since we did anything with the evil pieces. I wonder how our progress on that is going?

[Discover the secret of the Evil Pieces] -10m every day. Progress: 34.19/100%

Do we have to finish them completely first, or is there something we can do with the information available to us already?

You can only get five dots in anything before you turn One hundred right?

Only 5 dots, until we find a cheat, and we invariably will, there is at least one charm that lets you train to essence 6, and another for each ability that make charms from that ability act like your ability and essence are 1 higher then they are.

You know since the exaltation shard only let's you go up to human limits wouldn't the elder cause the exaltation to change a bit? I mean this is a guy who is doing things balantly superhuman as a mortal.

he's called The Invincible Superman for a reason, he's probably got Legendary Attributes in all Phys stats probably some others as well, plus whatever martial arts bullshit he's running on /laugh, and Creations Creation, here's here, we will probably go past the 5 Essence level thanks to Dragon Hax all things considered, that or the fact we have Bright in our Soul

There's also natural merits that give you a higher natural limit for individual traits, races that have higher natural limits (like the mountain folk), magical languages and such charms that trade rating limits, processes like the akuma tranformation (which is very much like what's happening with Draig) etc...

And then you have short cutting the age to reach higher essence, which can be done with selective memory splices (such as Bright can supply), endowment charms, motivation fulfillment (may or may not be combined with charms that give you additional motivations), act of Sol Invictus, and so forth.

With Draig giving Issei overdrive pools bigger than most Solars have total essence pool at Essence 10, and being capable of filling it a dozen or more times in a few minutes, I think it's pretty clear the Boosted Gear has far more power than an Exaltation, though a much cruder design. With Bright Shattered Ice tinkering with Boosted Gear, the Exaltation, and Issei using all that power, any limit is going to be obliterated before it becomes a problem. :p

Also, dragons probably have higher limits than humans, which might transfer to Issei as he becomes more like one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ddraig can't really be compared to having a yozi hollow out our soul and use us like a sock puppet.

You are correct. However, like everything in exalted there are exceptions.

You can raise abilities/attributes to 6+ with exp, they just cannot exceed your essence score. Your essence score cannot be raised above six unless you are "enlightened" enough, which happens after about 100 years (80-120 ish in the back story).

The charm "Glory to the Most High" from glories of the most high: unconquered sun lets you spend exp to raise you essence/abilities/attributes and buy relevant charms, but you cannot use them until you activate the charm, which causes large amounts of limit (that still effects us even if we get rid of the great curse as the Limit track existed before it).

Completing a motivation allows you to raise essence without training times, so a story teller could allow this to raise you essence to 6 before the 100 year. It should be a pretty epic motivation that was completed to jump to essence 6 though.

You can also raise your stats above you essence with 3 things: charms, traits and mutations. Solar charms don't really have any permanent stat boosters (It doesn't fit their theme of skill beyond measure), and the temporary ones are pretty inefficient compared to other ways to improve yourself. The trait "legendary [attribute]" raises the cap on one attribute by 1 for a cost of 3 bonus points (6-9 exp depending how your storytellers rules it), but you still have to buy the point yourself with exp. The size line of mutation increases your STR/STA above 5 and give you bonus health levels(don't know if this is on top of, ie 4 strength + 2 size equals total of 6, but you can you raise base strength to 5? do you pay exp for 4->5 or 6->7 was never really explained) as shown by the alchemicals that use this method, but the mutation make you stick out more and more, giving you a implied social penalty.

I am sure some min/max guys have more methods but these are the ones I know.

just let it lie for now, we are E3 atm, a long way away from E5 let alone E6+ no need to borrow trouble, just trust that Alexander will have something planned for the future

[X] Are you girls ready for round 2?
--[X] Introduce ourselves to Ragnarok as a concerned citizen cleaning trash off the streets.
---[X] "This is our city. Pretentious kids pretending to be badasses aren't welcome here."

--[X] Introduce ourselves to Ragnarok as a concerned citizen cleaning trash off the streets.
---[X] "This is our city. Pretentious kids pretending to be badasses aren't welcome here."

Have been reading your quest for awhile now and I have finally decided to register. :D
Rather than Ragnarok, aren't you guys worried about Ogata? I mean, in HSDK Ogata wanted Kenichi as a disciple after he defeated Odin. If Issei somehow manages to curb stomp Odin I think that Ogata will try to force him into being his disciple. Only thing that protected Kenichi was his masters and he have no such protection. :-\

Pheonix8421 said:
Have been reading your quest for awhile now and I have finally decided to register. :D
Rather than Ragnarok, aren't you guys worried about Ogata? I mean, in HSDK Ogata wanted Kenichi as a disciple after he defeated Odin. If we somehow many to curb stomp Odin I think that Ogata may try to force us into being his disciple. Only thing that protected Kenichi was his masters and we have no such protection. :-\
Not really. The dude isn't going to force us to follow him. He let odin leave.

Pheonix8421 said:
Rather than Ragnarok, aren't you guys worried about Ogata? I mean, in HSDK Ogata wanted Kenichi as a disciple after he defeated Odin. If Issei somehow manages to curb stomp Odin I think that Ogata will try to force him into being his disciple. Only thing that protected Kenichi was his masters and he have no such protection. :-\
Why should we? No seriously I'll admit I haven't really read that much of HSDK, but why should we worry about someone who at absolute worst is most likely our equal when we're not using Excellencies or magic. While we haven't had the best of opportunities until recently to show it we are a master martial artist at the peak of human enlightenment. Then on top of that we're a Solar and a Dragon. The number of Mortals that have even a chance of equaling us when we're going all out can be counted on one hand. To get back to my point, if he's inclined to force the issue everything he could attempt to do results in his death. Blackmail is ignored, and if he manages to find something we actually care about we beat the shit out of him until the stupid falls out. Taking hostages results in us killing him out of hand, and if he's foolish enough to attempt to harm one of our own... Ogata learns intimately that we are a Solar and it is no where near impossible to kill him.

Unelemental said:
We have put him down. And he stood up again.
No, holding back against him would have meant bringing out bigger guns later and possibly hurting him for real.
Would have still been more interesting than what happened. And no it wouldn't. Using charms on mortals is completely unnecessary.

Pheonix8421 said:

Welcome to QQ and Alexander's quest. Well, one thing for sure, we have [Dragon Wave], Ogata doesn't, we have [Juggernaut Drive], Ogata doesn't, that's it.

Least Devotee said:
Why should we? No seriously I'll admit I haven't really read that much of HSDK, but why should we worry about someone who at absolute worst is most likely our equal when we're not using Excellencies or magic. While we haven't had the best of opportunities until recently to show it we are a master martial artist at the peak of human enlightenment. Then on top of that we're a Solar and a Dragon. The number of Mortals that have even a chance of equaling us when we're going all out can be counted on one hand. To get back to my point, if he's inclined to force the issue everything he could attempt to do results in his death. Blackmail is ignored, and if he manages to find something we actually care about we beat the shit out of him until the stupid falls out. Taking hostages results in us killing him out of hand, and if he's foolish enough to attempt to harm one of our own... Ogata learns intimately that we are a Solar and it is no where near impossible to kill him.
That's talking like a first age solar. How many of those re alive again?

I also would like to point out that higher-level martial arts in Kenichi seem to use Ki to a degree. Meaning they can reach past the limits of a human.

So don't treat them as normal humans fighting with their fists/weapons. Treat them as magical beings whose "spells" involve using their body.

Pheonix8421 said:
Welcome to QQ !

Did you forget who Issei is allied with? Also, what kinda bullshit he can pull if someone is stupid enough to use force?
ir_fane said:
There's also natural merits that give you a higher natural limit for individual traits, races that have higher natural limits (like the mountain folk), magical languages and such charms that trade rating limits, processes like the akuma tranformation (which is very much like what's happening with Draig) etc...

And then you have short cutting the age to reach higher essence, which can be done with selective memory splices (such as Bright can supply), endowment charms, motivation fulfillment (may or may not be combined with charms that give you additional motivations), act of Sol Invictus, and so forth.

With Draig giving Issei overdrive pools bigger than most Solars have total essence pool at Essence 10, and being capable of filling it a dozen or more times in a few minutes, I think it's pretty clear the Boosted Gear has far more power than an Exaltation, though a much cruder design. With Bright Shattered Ice tinkering with Boosted Gear, the Exaltation, and Issei using all that power, any limit is going to be obliterated before it becomes a problem. :p

Also, dragons probably have higher limits than humans, which might transfer to Issei as he becomes more like one.
There are ways around that in this quest. Granted they aren't exactly cost-free...

... Is Ogata wanting to teach us really such a bad thing? I don't remember anything about the guy off-hand, but in theory a teacher is a good thing, especially as we don't actually have a compunction against killing -if it's necessary-. Though granted, depending on how psycho he is being about it that may offset things.

The problem is Ogata has a horrible habit of breaking his toys, which considering that includes his students means we should probably avoid learning from him. If we really want to learn from someone in the HSDKverse hitting the Ryouzenpaku would be a good idea, particularly once we have our hacking up and have money, they are always short after all.

If Satsujinken is a must then I'd suggest Sakaki's old friend, or the Elders Ex, though she probably would turn us down, but who knows.

bloody keyboard keeps forgetting to type keys I hit sometimes >.<

Ogata is the sort of crazy fanatic that dislikes people contradicting him.
He won't necessarily try to kill us, and training from hell is nothing new to Issei, but as a teacher he would try to get us to approach conflicts from a certain direction, and when he inevitably fails...
It's Sith Ville time.

Beyond that, he's a complete dick in dear need of an ass-kicking. I say we deliver.

He's a bit out of our reach at the moment, but that's the thing, at the moment, once that changes I'm all aboard the ass-kicking train, destination Ogata's colon

We have Martial Arts 5 and 3 sifus who are all older, wiser, and crazier than Ogata can ever dream of being. If he appears, turn him down. If he won't take no for an answer, show him just how far out of his league he is.

Smuthunter said:
We have Martial Arts 5 and 3 sifus who are all older, wiser, and crazier than Ogata can ever dream of being. If he appears, turn him down. If he won't take no for an answer, show him just how far out of his league he is.
Who is the third one? Azazel or Beowulf?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back