• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

I think he was meaning Bright, Ddraig and Azazel, I could be wrong however.

Smuthunter said:
We have Martial Arts 5 and 3 sifus who are all older, wiser, and crazier than Ogata can ever dream of being. If he appears, turn him down. If he won't take no for an answer, show him just how far out of his league he is.

He probably has martials 6. Seeing as he's a grand master and if MA 4 is expert level and MA 5 is master then MA 6 is probably grand master. He probably has excellencies too which means he could kick our ass in martial arts.

Plus he can not only use Ki but use both Dou and Sei Ki making him an even more difficult opponent. I'm not saying we can't beat him as we are now but it probably wouldn't be an easy fight.

However there is an even bigger problem. Yami is going to be interested in us as well after this incident. Especially if we later beat Ogata.

Yami has at least One member who is actually on par with the elder in strength(the leader of the weapons division) and word of GM said the elder would kick our ass in a fight even if we cheat.
EternitynChaos said:
The problem is Ogata has a horrible habit of breaking his toys, which considering that includes his students means we should probably avoid learning from him. If we really want to learn from someone in the HSDKverse hitting the Ryouzenpaku would be a good idea, particularly once we have our hacking up and have money, they are always short after all.

If Satsujinken is a must then I'd suggest Sakaki's old friend, or the Elders Ex, though she probably would turn us down, but who knows.

If we had to learn Satsukjinken then definitely Hongo. He's a pretty cool dude. We should never approach Mikumo. She believes empathy is weakness and we're a very compassionate person. Also she'd try to turn us into a ruthless killing machine like she tries to do with her own apprentice.

Learning from Ryouzenpaku would be cool though.

Last edited by a moderator:
We really don't fall under ether philosophy.

Honestly, at sometime in the future I hope we learn White Veil and Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style, after that we should fight Mikumo.. it would look like we were having having a pleasant conversation over tea, except everyone else would be dying or falling asleep /snirk

Smuthunter said:
Azazel. Beowulf isn't crazy enough to qualify.
Beowulf: "Thank you for the compliment."

*snerk* So, vote count? As you do your calculus I leave you with this pearl just made:

Chaos Aura Strike
Cost: 3m;
Mins: Essence 2;
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Power (Infinity) of Ophis — Endlessness

The Exalt's blows are infused with the deadly energy of the Dimensional Gap that spawned Ophis, greedily breaking down and devouring its targets on the atomic level. Any attack enhanced by Chaos Aura Strike ignored all forms of Soak provided by non-magical materials; the target can still use his natural Soak. If the attack inflicts any levels of damage, this Charm then inflicts two additional levels of unsoakable lethal damage from black, all-consuming tongues of Essence devouring the flesh around the wound. This damage is applied after the damage for the wound transmitting it, but still in Step 10 of attack resolution.

[X] Are you girls ready for round 2?
--[X] Introduce ourselves to Ragnarok as a concerned citizen cleaning trash off the streets.
---[X] "This is our city. Pretentious kids pretending to be badasses aren't welcome here."
Smuthunter, Unelemental, Eler0, Melfician, Disminded, Walkir, megrisvernin, EternitynChaos, dreadis, noahgab1133, Archanist, Diller, Indrik, Akio, Noctum, Least Devotee, Fellgar, Sol Mark-1, ZipLopz

A rather one sided vote /laugh

Alexander said:
*snerk* So, vote count? As you do your calculus I leave you with this pearl just made:

Don't worry Alex I got thi-

EternitynChaos said:
Smuthunter, Unelemental, Eler0, Melfician, Disminded, Walkir, megrisvernin, EternitynChaos, dreadis, noahgab1133, Archanist, Diller, Indrik, Akio, Noctum, Least Devotee, Fellgar, Sol Mark-1, ZipLopz

A rather one sided vote /laugh

........Eternity you ninja. :mad: I was almost done too damnit.

Heh of course it was one-sided we have only one option. Man the looks on Ragnarok's faces after we say this to them.

Diller said:
Don't worry Alex I got thi-

........Eternity you ninja. :mad: I was almost done too damnit.

Heh of course it was one-sided we have only one option. Man the looks on Ragnarok's faces after we say this to them.
The looks when we follow through on it. >:D

Seeing as Odin is obsessed with victory(his whole character is based around the fact he lost to Kenichi when he was a child)

Getting his ass kicked by us might cause a blue screen of death moment for him.

It was losing to Kenichi that pushed his buttons. Losing to a superior opponent is par for the course for martial artists.

No, that wasn't even it, it was when Kenichi Gave him the Win, even when HE LOST, that made him flip his shit

All of you who think the sage fist is going to threaten or kill someone to get Issei to join him are wrong. The guy doesn't mess with non martial artists. Heck he makes statues cause he killed an unborn child by accident.

Thinking about it, I'd have to say We are High Expert, Low Master, if we take in the Combination of Raw Skill (Martial Art Ability score (5)), and Techniques, which compared to the HSDK crew we have very few, but our raw skill makes up for a lot, plus our charms will help even things a fair amount. For all we have 5 MA, we have yet to get any Spec in it, (though now that Boosted gear switches between gloves and gauntlets I'd suggest that as the first specalization we get) which puts us 2-4 dice bellow where we could be

One thing, since we have Bright in our Head, we will be able to buy up the Savant background through learning from her yeah?

EternitynChaos said:
One thing, since we have Bright in our Head, we will be able to buy up the Savant background through learning from her yeah?
Uhm, no. You can however ask her for advices.
EternitynChaos said:
Thinking about it, I'd have to say We are High Expert, Low Master, if we take in the Combination of Raw Skill (Martial Art Ability score (5)), and Techniques, which compared to the HSDK crew we have very few, but our raw skill makes up for a lot, plus our charms will help even things a fair amount. For all we have 5 MA, we have yet to get any Spec in it, (though now that Boosted gear switches between gloves and gauntlets I'd suggest that as the first specalization we get) which puts us 2-4 dice bellow where we could be
I will quote from the Scroll of the Monk:
The Martial Arts Ability, therefore, overlaps with many other Abilities. A martial artist character has good reasons to develop those Abilities.

Athletics: This Skill describes how well a character controls and coordinates his body to run, lift, climb, jump and so on. A martial artist could use this Ability to run up a wall, fight while balancing on a narrow ledge, jump and bounce off an awning, and then land on his feet on the ground after a flying somersault.

Awareness: Martial artists train their minds as well as their bodies. To strike an opponent in precisely the right place and time, a fighter must anticipate his foe's actions by noticing shifts in his stance or how he moves his weapon. An expert martial artist could also develop this Ability to avoid ambushes or surprise attacks.

Dodge: Any fighter who stands and lets her opponent hit her is either very confident in her armor or a fool. Smart fighters prefer to use footwork and flexibility to be where an attack isn't.

Integrity: Martial arts training demands great self-discipline to train for hours in defiance of pain, fatigue and boredom. On a subtler level, a great fighter must keep a clear head in a fight so his opponent can't fake him out or goad him into losing control. This mental and physical discipline can help a martial artist resist drugs and attempts to break his will.

Larceny: Even if a martial artist doesn't care about picking locks or running scams, she might want to deceive a foe through feints or quickly produce a weapon from a hidden location.

Medicine: To attack the weak points of the body, one must know where those weak points are. Knowledge of medicine also proves useful when training hard. After a fight, a prudent martial artist might also want to know how to deal with wounds. One way or another, refined fighting styles often include some medical knowledge.

Resistance: The search for perfect control of the body often includes training to counter the body's weaknesses. In a fight, victory can go to he who tires last or can endure the most pain. Martial arts training often involves toughening striking surfaces with patches of callus so it doesn't hurt so much to hit someone. Muscles tensed at the right moment can reduce the force of a blow. Martial artists might also train to resist heat, cold or other fatiguing conditions.

Stealth: Not every martial artist necessarily wants to sneak around, but moving without making a sound or leaving any trace of your passage is an excellent test of how well one controls one's body.

Thrown: A small thrown weapon can incapacitate a foe just as well as a larger weapon, if you strike the right location. Throwing objects at a small target is also a good test of coordination.

Conceivably, a martial artist might find almost any Ability useful in developing his combat prowess. The Ability labeled "Martial Arts," therefore, represents more than hitting people. It also represents how well a character integrates all of his mental and physical skills—which may be represented by other Abilities—for the purpose of combat. Therefore, an expert martial artist has as much in common with an ordinary bar brawler as a lion has with a household mouser.

So we get the rest of our skills up to five dots will we be able to fight in the masters level? the elders?

The Masters of the Ryouzenpaku are All at a minimum Grandmasters, which means I would imagine 6's in various things + assorted techniques and Ki bullshitery

The Legendary Superman himself on the other hand, is one of maybe 3 Legendary Masters, which I would imagine Puts him at the 7+ level, Superman indeed basicly if he'd been born in Creation, he'd have become a God of Martial Arts through sheer badassery by now, which isn't to say he hasn't done so here while no one was looking of course

EternitynChaos said:
The Masters of the Ryouzenpaku are All at a minimum Grandmasters, which means I would imagine 6's in various things + assorted techniques and Ki bullshitery

The Legendary Superman himself on the other hand, is one of maybe 3 Legendary Masters, which I would imagine Puts him at the 7+ level, Superman indeed basicly if he'd been born in Creation, he'd have become a God of Martial Arts through sheer badassery by now, which isn't to say he hasn't done so here while no one was looking of course
Then explain why Alex quoted what he did. He's pretty much implying that we will be on their level if we get those skills up to five.

Disciple => Expert => Master => Grand Master => Legendary Master

And I read it more as saying its less dots on a page that make a Master and more how they put it all together

As far as Creation goes, We would be considered a Master as soon as we hit MA5 and learned a form charm I believe, believe HSDK does things differently so /shrug

EternitynChaos said:
Low class Disciple => Middle class Disciple => High class Disciple => Expert => Master => Grand Master => Legendary Master
FTFY

Seeing as expert is MA 4 and MA 5 is master level.

The disciple class are probably MA 1-3 with the higher levels of master being MA 6 and 7.

Ya, I'd just smushed the 3 sub-headers for Disciple together when listing them ^^;

Diller said:
FTFY

Seeing as expert is MA 4 and MA 5 is master level.

The disciple class are probably MA 1-3 with the higher levels of master being MA 6 and 7.
This isn't exactly right. The ranks of Grand Master and Legendary Master aren't achieved with MA 6 and 7. Raising an Ability above 5 isn't possible for humans, both in DxD and Creation.

Instead, to be ranked as Grand Master and/or Legendary Master one needs MA 5, and high ranks in other Abilities essential for Martial Arts, like the ones I listed in the post above. Plus absolute mastery of one or more mundane Martial Arts.

Legendary Master also need Legendary [Attribute] in at least two Attributes.

In short, it's many things mashed together.

Issei possesses the raw potential for Master Class, but like an incomplete puzzle he lacks development in certain area that other martial artists train together.

What do you know I was right. We need to train up the stuff on that list.

I'm guessing that the Master-classes also have specialties in whatever martial arts they use so they're 'super-human'.

Well, stuff, not necessarily just the stuff on the list he posted, that's just part of the stuff from the Scroll of the Monk. It probably wouldn't hurt as a starting point, we already have some of it down anyway, Presence probably would be included as well *the whole glowing presence thing they all do*

EternitynChaos said:
Well, stuff, not necessarily just the stuff on the list he posted, that's just part of the stuff from the Scroll of the Monk. It probably wouldn't hurt as a starting point, we already have some of it down anyway, Presence probably would be included as well *the whole glowing presence thing they all do*
Stop making assumptions. You don't know that at all.

nightblade, you really should watch were you throw those stones in that nice glass house of yours, I never said the things on the list were not what was needed for mastery, just that its not the only thing we should train, and then talked about something different, also as an aside, I was never making claims to know anything, see the word probably sprinkled in there, it implies a less then 100% certainty to the statement /sigh typical, the one time I forget to throw on my ymmv rider thanks to being tired and someone bites my face off, yesh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back