• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

...I think its less Sparing with Beowulf, and more him beating the everloving shit out of us for 8 hours, Hell training Yo, completely different, if you think we are on his level you are out of your freaking MIND

Odin vs Kenichi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jERtKqZOr9Q

to music true but it shows the fight

Frankly speaking I just flat out don't trust them to not attempt to force the issue. And would rather put any offers of sparring or other entertainments until after we know how they react to being told no.

Least Devotee said:
Frankly speaking I just flat out don't trust them to not attempt to force the issue. And would rather put any offers of sparring or other entertainments until after we know how they react to being told no.

*Nod*.

I can agree with this.

As long as you're open to arranging spars provided we find their response acceptable.

Is there evidence of them forcing the issue on people who don't want to join? If say they aren't committing crimes as gangs?

Yes, Ken-chan, he had people attacking him over and over trying to get him to join until Nejiima finally hand the Shinpaku Alliance together and struck back, then it was 2 gangs fighting

EternitynChaos said:
Yes, Ken-chan, he had people attacking him over and over trying to get him to join until Nejiima finally hand the Shinpaku Alliance together and struck back, then it was 2 gangs fighting

*:/.

Oh dear.

Well I support Smuthunter's plan then. I'll reassess it when I see their reaction.

[X] Decline
-[X] "I'm sorry but I must decline. My ambitions place demands on me that prevent an exclusive focus on the martial arts, and I've never been fond of taking orders anyways."

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Decline
-[X] "I'm sorry but I must decline. My ambitions place demands on me that prevent an exclusive focus on the martial arts, and I've never been fond of taking orders anyways."

Honestly, I feel that it's better that we beat the ever-loving shit out of them right now so they don't feel that they can pressure us into joining, even if it means alerting their Masters of us.

There's likely enough influence in the city to prevent them from finding us, and I would not feel bad if they ran into MOST of the powers in the city.

[X] Decline

I agree with Smuthunter, this seems like it will reduce the chance of us getting embroiled with their group like Kenichi was.

I doubt Loki is going to let this matter lay, Odin will at the very least pass this along to Ogata, Freya we probably only have to worry about turning up for a challenge + whoever else joins later that Loki throws our way as it amuses him, because we've already insulted him *in his mind* so he's already going to try and make us pay for that... plus, well its been said before, but Dragon Swag, and all that /laugh

megrisvernin said:
Hmm. Will you agree to the idea of arranging a future spar if we get an acceptable response?

I don't want to join but I'm not against the idea of arranging matches with them.
I don't see any benefit to sparring with mere mortals. Didn't we just establish that one of the toughest fighters in town is a one-hit wonder against us when we're being even vaguely serious?

megrisvernin said:
Is that the case with these guys? I haven't seen the show so I wasn't aware the powergap was that far. Would they not even give interesting spars for Yang & Ruby?
My understanding of Kenichi is that all martial arts are totally mundane except for the grandmasters and main characters who get ki attacks later on. Nothing that would even qualify as a celestial martial art. They're not worth bothering with unless they start bothering us or the girls, in which case we send them all home in pieces.

[X] Decline

[X] Decline
-[X] "I'm sorry but I must decline. I've received such requests from those far greater and with far better offers than yourself and refused. It would be rather rude of me to do an about-face at this time."

[X] Decline

[X] Decline

[X] Decline
Hmm...can we use Irresistible Salesman Spirit from our Personal Pool to make them back off?

Smuthunter said:
I don't see any benefit to sparring with mere mortals. Didn't we just establish that one of the toughest fighters in town is a one-hit wonder against us when we're being even vaguely serious?
Which was why I didn't want to use charms.
My understanding of Kenichi is that all martial arts are totally mundane except for the grandmasters and main characters who get ki attacks later on. Nothing that would even qualify as a celestial martial art. They're not worth bothering with unless they start bothering us or the girls, in which case we send them all home in pieces.
To be fair, the Grandmasters probably have 3 dot specialties in their Martial Art of choice on top of their 5 dots in MA, giving them an effective 8 dots. Fighting them to reverse-engineer their specialties would be something we could do.

[X] Decline

Might as well make sure this wins. For now there seems to be no reason for us to get involved with them. If they force the issue we can deal with them.

[X] Decline

[X] Decline
-[X] "Sorry to say, but I'm not much of a follower, so I'll have to turn down your invitation, though, you have come all this way and it would be a shame if you didn't at least get a little something out of it, No?" a smile on your face, half friendly, half challenging towards the three Leaders among the group before you.

[X] Decline
--[X] "However, I'm not above meeting up again for sparring. My ambitions attract enemies with a preference for settling grudges personally, and I'd prefer to keep my skills up. That and you don't look like you'd go down in only three moves." *give Kitsukawa a look of disappointment*

[X] Decline

[X] Decline

Odysseus2099 said:
Which was why I didn't want to use charms.
There is no benefit to fighting people who can't challenge us when we're fighting even vaguely seriously. Not using charms just means we patronize an enemy who isn't worth our time.

To be fair, the Grandmasters probably have 3 dot specialties in their Martial Art of choice on top of their 5 dots in MA, giving them an effective 8 dots. Fighting them to reverse-engineer their specialties would be something we could do.
Or we could just spend EXP and buy them the normal way.

Lot of suggestions. Good.

Anyway, EternitynChaos proposed to use the Scions Epic attributes for the Supernatural Creatures. Would that be a good way to define the DxD world?

Alexander said:
Lot of suggestions. Good.

Anyway, EternitynChaos proposed to use the Scions Epic attributes for the Supernatural Creatures. Would that be a good way to define the DxD world?
I'm pretty sure that was me, actually.

Or did we independently suggest the same thing?

Alexander said:
Did you? It appears I missed important things. I apologize.
You even replied to it, saying you'd give it a try!

Note, I'm not mad, just horribly amused. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back