• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

A thing to note, Youkai in Nura (and thus, possibly in this quest) gain power from their story, and from imposing it on the world.

say the story is about a Jason style slasher. walking slowly, stepping heavily, and generally acting the part of "implacable slasher" would (assuming it worked, and the victim became afraid) give them the power to always be in-front of you, no matter how fast you run, and such.

This is called Osore (Fear)

http://nurarihyonnomago.wikia.com/wiki/Osore

Note: it says that Osore only works against humans, but they use it against each-other all the fucking time, so that's bullshit.

the wiki doesn't make much note of each youkai being limited to their "traditional story" to use their Osore, which is pretty strange, but it does mention this.

A fear system is a reflection of the yōkai species that performs it, and can often aid in identifying unknown yōkai.

Each youkai species, (or individual youkai) has a specific story, so long as they follow that story (and use that story to scare people) they gain access to their powers.

now Sukia is a youkai isn't she? she might actually gain (or increase) her massive strength simply by acting like the drunken Oni that her story tells you she "should" be.

lots of youkai don't have "species" though, their story is entirely about themselves, so theres that...

Basically, if you can make your opponent fall into your pace, become afraid of you or act as a part of your story, then you gain power over them. (which can take the form of anything, from boosting your physical strength, to just turning you invisible against anyone who admits that you might be stronger than them)

too bad that an exalt can say screw reality I substitute my own. there also is the fact that most stories about dragons make them top dog in the supernatural foodchain......

i'm looking more and more to the next update XD

also can we add trying out void element to see what it does?

Last edited by a moderator:
We really need to get some Epic Attributes.

I'm not to sure if I want to "try" and seduce the Yuki-Onna. On one hand she kind of likes the Grandkid Head already, on the other he has a curse on his Bloodline preventing him from having kids with Youkai...

ShadowAngelBeta said:
I think Issei has enough to work with as it is. All of the power of Heavenly Dragon Ddraig and a solar exaltation should be more than enough for anyone really.

ShadowAngelBeta said:

I'm not to sure if I want to "try" and seduce the Yuki-Onna. On one hand she kind of likes the Grandkid Head already, on the other he has a curse on his Bloodline preventing him from having kids with Youkai...

Uh Shadow unless I'm forgetting epics is only for other supernaturals. We don't get them cause were exalted. It was made to help balance out the fights so we didn't just cure stomp everything

DefectiveHumanModel said:
I think Issei has enough to work with as it is. All of the power of Heavenly Dragon Ddraig and a solar exaltation should be more than enough for anyone really.

Seriously.'We should have a major power boost once we get balance breaker and with our senpais already starting to have a cordial relationship with us, we can work towards a JD alternate after unlocking BB to unlock Ddriag's full power. That's not counting things like dragon knacks and our charms.

DefectiveHumanModel said:
We almost got taken out by a love-tap. Yes, from an Oni and Suika at that, who is strong even amongst oni, but that just means that we're going to have enemies out there on her level and better. We're going to need some Epic Attributes just to stay in the fight to pull off our bullshit.

And there's a certain point where skill just stops being effective in the face of raw power, so we're just going to need the raw stopping power eventually. We'll just be able to kick everyone's ass with less Epic Attributes than anyone else would need.

ShadowAngelBeta said:
We almost got taken out by a love-tap.
...Shadow, I need you to calm down and repeat these words after me, it's very important that you do this. Okay?

That. Was. Slapstick. Comedy.

ShadowAngelBeta said:
We almost got taken out by a love-tap. Yes, from an Oni and Suika at that, who is strong even amongst oni, but that just means that we're going to have enemies out there on her level and better. We're going to need some Epic Attributes just to stay in the fight to pull off our bullshit.

And there's a certain point where skill just stops being effective in the face of raw power, so we're just going to need the raw stopping power eventually. We'll just be able to kick everyone's ass with less Epic Attributes than anyone else would need.

Alexander said:
Essence, when applied to DxD, is like this:

Essence 1: normal human
Essence 2: Low-Class Devil
Essence 3: Inexperienced Middle- Class Devils
Essence 4: Experienced Middle-Class Devils
Essence 5: High-Class Devils
Essence 6: Ultimate-Class Devils
Essence 7: Middle-Class Gods, Maou, Dragon King
Essence 8: High-Class Gods
Essence 9: Very High-Class Gods, Sirzechs, Ajuka
Essence 10: Ddraig and Albion at the peak of their powers
Essence 11+: Ophis and Great Red

We're only E4 and Suika is E7. She's on the level of Dragon Kings, Maou, and middle class Gods. Of course she nearly knocked us out with a love tap. We're nowhere near her league.

By the time we're actually ready to fight someone on that level our stats will be much better, we'll have more charms and dragon knacks some of which will no doubt be for increasing our soak and health. We should also at the least have BB for increased strength and defense.

Im fact whose saying we'll even be fighting someone like that alone. After all we're becoming friends with some very powerful people who will help us in a pinch.

Besides Alex has never had us fight someone who don't have at least a slight chance of beating with by ourselves or either with help and/or smart thinking.

Besides I think code was right when he mentioned Alex said we won't have epic attributes for balance reasons.Which I totally agree with.

We have boosted Gear, Dragon knacks, and Solar charms all of which we've barely scratched the surface of. Hell we don't even have BB yet which again should be a major power boost. BG's full power alone will give us Ddriag's strength and Ddriag would be on the top 10 strongest kn the world if he were unsealed"

Actually speaking of dragon knacks, Alex do we have enough xp to pick up another round of dragon essence domination?

Smuthunter said:
...Shadow, I need you to calm down and repeat these words after me, it's very important that you do this. Okay?

That. Was. Slapstick. Comedy.
::) Did you not see her Attributes? I don't care if that was for Comedy (And yes, I knew it was for the laughs. I'm not an idiot. That's why I'm debating and not raging, asshole), she could have very easily done a crapton more damage than that if she wanted to.

So, just a little FYI. Suika. She's as you can see by her Essence, a pretty big deal.

The why, is well... Yeah, Shes the Blue oni. THE Blue Oni. Deva of the mountain, and controls Density.

It is not uncommon for there to be thousands of little inch tall Suikas running around drinking. OR one giant one.

So, lets not lie. Ever again if we can help it, keep the booze flowing, and honest challenges like arm wrestling is good.

Now pray we don't get a surprise Yang visit around Suika cause that would end in horror. For us.

ShadowAngelBeta said:
::) Did you not see her Attributes? I don't care if that was for Comedy (And yes, I knew it was for the laughs. I'm not an idiot. That's why I'm debating and not raging, asshole), she could have very easily done a crapton more damage than that if she wanted to.
I don't give a shit what her attributes are and neither should you. She's not an example of something we're going to be fighting in the immediate future. We have other power-ups on the way in the meantime, particularly Balance Breaker and whatever we decide is going to come next, and we're explicitly barred from gaining Epic Attributes in the meantime so saying we should get some to balance the scales (against a being who is supposed to be hilariously more powerful than us? Ha!) is completely useless.

like poster above said. we are excluded from epic attributes but have dragon knacks that can simulate or sometimes exceed them thanks to draig and boosted gear. Add that to charms we can learn plus magic and sorcery both exalt style and dxd and we are packing serious firepower. that alone is enough to seriously wreck most of the threats issei faced in canon, hit BB or JD and we can take on even gods with a good chance of winning. This is before we hit cosmic dragon where we are greater than or equal to pretty much anyone in the universe.

Trust us when we say epic attributes are there to balance our enemies lest we crush them all and enter mary sue territory

noahgab1133 said:
like poster above said. we are excluded from epic attributes but have dragon knacks that can simulate or sometimes exceed them thanks to draig and boosted gear. Add that to charms we can learn plus magic and sorcery both exalt style and dxd and we are packing serious firepower. that alone is enough to seriously wreck most of the threats issei faced in canon, hit BB or JD and we can take on even gods with a good chance of winning. This is before we hit cosmic dragon where we are greater than or equal to pretty much anyone in the universe.

Trust us when we say epic attributes are there to balance our enemies lest we crush them all and enter mary sue territory

Just look at canon Ise. Hasn't even been a yr yet ad he went from a weak ass low class devil to
being able to beat Euclid who is Maou level and has a replica boosted gear that has BB by himself in a straight fight
and at our current pace we're always going to be stronger then canon Ise was at the same point in time.

For example

Canon Ise needed an incomplete BB , a dragonfied arm and super boosted holy water and cross to beat Canon Raiser and the only reason he won was because Raiser didn't take Ise seriously.

We kind of beat the crap out of a stronger and more serious version of Raiser with no BB and a nerfed BG thanks to our solar charms and dragon knacks picking up the slack.

Also when has Alex ever had us fight someone we don't at least have some way of beating?

Two questions.

First, have we been keeping up with analyzing the Evil Pieces since we recovered from our hospitalization? From what I understand, it's been a month or so since then, and we were almost half way done before we had to take a break.

Also, is it currently possible for us to gain access to Epic Attributes? Possibly through our ability to take on draconic characteristics and abilities?

Suika is one of The Four Deva of the Mountain, she's literally one of the Top 5 Most Powerful Oni Ever with the power to manipulate freakin' GRAVITY !

OF COURSE she can lay us out with a love tap, she's one of the world top fighter right up there with the Maou.

And on another note : Alex already said that Issei couldn't get any Epic Attribute because of his Exaltation.

Wouldn't epic attributes just be an atrribute above 5 dots?

Carrnage said:
Wouldn't epic attributes just be an atrribute above 5 dots?
No, Epic Attributes are tracked along a separate line of dots. Each dot gives you much more pronounced bonuses than the equivalent number of dots in normal attributes. Epic Strength, for example, gives an extra 500 pounds of lifting capacity per dot along with several other bonuses like automatic successes on strength-based damage rolls.

Oh they give better advantages than just that, the first dot of Epic Strength is +500 lbs as well as the second but only because each subsequent dot DOUBLES the value of the previous dot until dot four then it multiplies it by FIVE. So Suika's 7 dots of Epic Strength mean she can lift an extra 1,250,000 lbs or 625 tons past what her normal stats would allow.

I'm not 100% sure but I think you also can't "learn" them. You either have them from birth or you don't have them at all. Or you have to go through a truly monstrous amount of Training From Hell just to get the first level with each subsequent one being even worse.

By comparison, we're improving all across the board at a simply insane rate.

Alexander has been busy, As has Ruby, *points at character sheets* also, just fyi changed primary training for her to Martial Arts as it was next on the list ^^; as she's gotten herself up to Dexterity 4, everyone else seems fine however

EternitynChaos said:
Alexander has been busy, As has Ruby, *points at character sheets* also, just fyi changed primary training for her to Martial Arts as it was next on the list ^^; as she's gotten herself up to Dexterity 4, everyone else seems fine however
Ruby is such a cute little hardworker isnt she?

If my calculations are correct we have 9xp. According to the admittedly out of date character sheet we also have a months training banked in both Dexterity and Strength. We could raise either at any time. We could raise Dexterity so our training is more effective or we could raise our Strength to give massive Strength boosts to many that need it such as Kiba, Ruby, Ria, Akeno, and Koneko. We could also save the XP for later.

We should improve our dexterity.

[X] Improve our Dexterity to 5.

We could also use that xp in order to buy another round of dragon essence domimance and get 4 more knack slots. Though using it make the training even effective is very appealing as well.

Hey guys, look what I just found.

TRUTH SHINES THROUGH
Cost: 5m; Mins: Integrity 3, Essence 2;
Type: Reflexive
Keywords: None
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Integrity-Protecting Prana
The virtue of the Lawgivers is like the sun at noon. Clouds might obscure it, but its light can never truly be banished or denied. This Charm may be subconsciously activated whenever the character suffers under a source of unnatural mental influence that alters his behavior, even if another effect would otherwise bar the Solar from invoking it. The effects of the unnatural mental influence become Obvious to all observers, making it clear that the Solar labors under some manner of curse or trickery rather than his own desires. Immaculate doctrine already accounts for this with tales of Anathema as wicked spirits possessing the unlucky.

The Charm also makes it Obvious that the Solar is not himself (though it does not make the source of his odd behavior Obvious) when in Limit Break, but only to those who harbor a positive Intimacy toward the character. The Neverborn tremble in their tombs when their curse is laid bare before the world thus. This Charm's effect upon observers cannot be resisted, as it is not a form of mental influence. It is simply the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back