• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

EternitynChaos said:
Fists of Iron lets us pick if we want to deal bashing or Lethal, even if our current weapon would be dealing lethal, personally I think if we don't bring out Boosted Gear we are idiots, he's going to find out about it in the future after all and that's if we don't get our ass stomped without it, and him finding out later leads to us not giving this our all, bad karma all around,
Doing this without obviously relying on the power of a Sacred Gear is worth far more than beating him because we happen to have an artifact grafted to our soul. I mea, we are beating him because we have an artifact grafted to our soul, even if it's not the one he would be thinking of, but Youkai respect personal strength. They don't respect someone who just got a random powerup without having o work for it and that's what he would most likely see if we just beat his face in with Boosted Gear.

by that token your saying the Nura-clan should throw away their spirit blade?

You know, the one that is the only reason the the First was able to defeat Gitsune in the first place?

the Sacred Gear is as much a part of us as our soul is, its literally part of our soul now, like the Exaltation for that matter, you remove it, we die, as simple as that, saying its not person strength is BS its like saying a Youkai's fear isn't part of their personal strength, like the illusion hax the Nura heads have etc

seriously going anything other then all out is not going to end well for us, this whole fight is to prove we have what it takes to stand with the big boys, please note, I'm not saying we should use the Explosion power to supercharge ourselves, not unless its the only way we can win, but fighting against a powerful youkai without Boosted Gear is foolish, and we would end up using it later on, so the fact we didn't pull it out now would look very bad, as in, not taking things seriously bad.

Boosted Gear is fine and dandy, but Boosted Gear alone doesn't grant it's user automatic victories and our opponent is likely aware of that. Gears have to be mastered first before you can make good use of their powers in a fight. Doubly so with a weapon-type gear, since you have to learn how to use said weapon. Sure, BG is flashy and all but in the end all of Issei's combat skills come from his training, and I am pretty damn sure that once we start going Solar Hero Style on his ass our opponent will realize that fancy gloves or no, our character put a shitload of effort into learning how to fight. In the end, Boosted Gear is a considerable addition to our arsenal, but we actually relied on the various charms and abilities of an Exalt more than the Longinus thus far. And hey, if we can demonstrate we know how to use said Longinus properly, even more points for us. Emphasis on properly. And Chaos is right, in a serious fight we're unlikely to pull any stops. He wants to see what we're capable of in such a battle.

cross_grave said:
And Chaos is right, in a serious fight we're unlikely to pull any stops. He wants to see what we're capable of in such a battle.
If we pulled out all the stops we could kill a mid-tier god. Kurotabou would be reduced to a small pile of ash with just our opening combo.

Last edited by a moderator:
If that happens. It's fine. He wants to know we can be of use in the Youkai battles the Nura Clan is involved in. If we Can crush him. Then we prove beyond a shadow of a doubt. Yes we can help you.

Pretty sure we're not that powerful yet. Right?

Anyway. At the very least, we should let him have a rough understanding of our abilities. If we don't show him that we possess a sacred gear, then that'd be pretty much the same as hiding it, in the end. Give him a taste of what he's dealing with and let him figure out what this means when it comes to our fighting potential, at the very least.

Lon said:
If that happens. It's fine. He wants to know we can be of use in the Youkai battles the Nura Clan is involved in. If we Can crush him. Then we prove beyond a shadow of a doubt. Yes we can help you.
Generally, vaporizing one of a groups best fighters is not actually considered helping.

Stroth said:
If we pulled out all the stops we could kill a mid-tier god. Kurotabou would be reduced to a small pile of ash with just our opening combo.

You must mean mid-class devil which would make sense since at e4(which we are at) we on the level of an experienced mid class devil. Suika is as strong as a mid class god. She had us curling in pain and nearly knocked us out with a single playful elbow jab. We're nowhere near ready to kill a mid class god especially since we don't even have balance breaker yet.

Besides he's doing this to test our strength. So long as we don't kill him then it should be fine to go all out to show him our strength.

No, he said if we pull out all the stops we can kill a mid-tier god. The reason Suika hurt us was because we weren't fighting her so we weren't using any charms or the like.

Even so. Beating the shit out of a high class devil that underestimated us or a strong youkai I could possibly understand. But a god? Isn't that just a bit too much of a stretch? Plus, aren't we selling Kurotabou short? I mean, if he's one of the best fighters around at the moment, then surely he's tough enough to take a few hits from us, no?

And well, we don't need to go completely all out if you don't want to. Just pop BG and maybe Fists of Iron for starters, then see how it develops from there and pick our next move accordingly. I'd say that's kinda our standard melee procedure by now.

Stroth said:
Generally, vaporizing one of a groups best fighters is not actually considered helping.
I'm pretty sure we we can choose to do bashing damage or not WHILE going all out.

That's how we beat Berserker/Shogou despite going relatively seriously against a normal human without killing him.

And there is that, I suppose. As long as we don't mix in something that converts the damage to lethal, we're fine I guess? Don't know the mechanics too well.

Diller said:
Suika is as strong as a mid class god. She had us curling in pain and nearly knocked us out with a single playful elbow jab. We're nowhere near ready to kill a mid class god especially since we don't even have balance breaker yet.
At essence seven Sukia would be a very high ranking god. Lytek the Right Hand of Power, God of Exaltation and Keeper of the Shards is essence seven. Essence 4 is normally a low level god, yes. But Solars A: are very combat optimized and B: cheat like no one else can.

cross_grave said:
And there is that, I suppose. As long as we don't mix in something that converts the damage to lethal, we're fine I guess? Don't know the mechanics too well.
Pretty simple in this case. Once the entire health track is filled with bashing damage he's knocked out and any overflow rolls over to lethal damage starting at the beginning again.

I think he means if Issei had time to set things up, boost his stats with the Boosted Gear, possibly transform into his Dragon War-Form and unleash every other powered-up super attack, while acting as artillery with allies supporting him so he didn't need to defend himself, he could probably take out a God-class. Physically, on our own, we aren't even close.

But that's really the point of the Solar Exalted. They're totally Haxx in terms of Skills and Powers, not outright Physical Abilities. That's the domain of the Lunars. So of course Suika could take him down with a playful poke, she's insanely strong and he wasn't even thinking about trying to dodge, block or otherwise defend himself. He had no chance, really. It probably didn't even qualify as an attack.

Crap, I'm rambling. :-[

My point is that Issei, as he's portrayed himself via his Contract with Rias, is a Magician, and thus a bit of a Glass Cannon compared to other supernatural beings. Give him time to set himself up and he'll do a crap-ton of damage, but even as a (young) Solar Exalted and Dragon-in-Human-Form, he's not really a physical powerhouse. Hell, he's a Twilight, not a Dawn, so he's really supposed to be. However, none of that mean's he's weak, and I don't think he really needs to call out all of his super-power-ups to fight Kurotabou, who himself is unlikely to be going all-out.

So let's start out without the Boosted Gear and rely on our skills, magic and partial Dragon Transformation, since this is really just about proving that we can handle ourselves, not overawing the Nura Clan.

Problem is we are supposed to be showing our real abilities in this fight. Holding back? No thank you.

with stunts anything is possible, basically

which means even if we couldn't pull our punches in the rules, which we totally can, we could stunt to make sure we don't kill him

I'd also like to note, that this guy is over 300 years old, is a seasoned combatant who was kicking the crap out of people alongside the 2nd, hell he got sent to assassinate Rihan, he's got a hell of a lot of tricks up his sleeves *laugh* in more ways then one, so I wouldn't be shocked if he had something to let him soak massive damage, that's kinda the thing in the DxDverse after all.

just fight like we always do when against someone we don't want to insta-KO, start off slow and work up from there while keeping defence at max, but leaving tools in the shead when we could need them is not a good move ^^

But yea. I don't think people are giving Kurotabou enough slack. Yes we're an exalted. But Kurotabou is Nura's Best Fighter. You don't get a title like that by being a pansy in the world. Not to mention the Youkai in this setting. Judging by what I've read in the Nura wiki and what I know about Touhou, Youkai have Ways of being completely hax all on their own.

*Cough* Manipulation of Boundaries *Cough*

So let's not underestimate him and be forced to eat a slice of humble pie hmm?

Introspective Tinkerer said:
No, he said if we pull out all the stops we can kill a mid-tier god. The reason Suika hurt us was because we weren't fighting her so we weren't using any charms or the like.

And Suika did that to us with a single playful jab. She wasn't serious either. Go look at her stats again If we got in a serious fight with her she would wreck us horribly with just her physical abilities and her density manipulation is kind of hax.
Stroth said:
At essence seven Sukia would be a very high ranking god. Lytek the Right Hand of Power, God of Exaltation and Keeper of the Shards is essence seven. Essence 4 is normally a low level god, yes.

This is the essence comparison chart Alex made for this story

Alexander said:
Essence, when applied to DxD, is like this:

Essence 1: normal human
Essence 2: Low-Class Devil
Essence 3: Inexperienced Middle- Class Devils
Essence 4: Experienced Middle-Class Devils
Essence 5: High-Class Devils
Essence 6: Ultimate-Class Devils
Essence 7: Middle-Class Gods, Maou, Dragon King
Essence 8: High-Class Gods
Essence 9: Very High-Class Gods, Sirzechs, Ajuka
Essence 10: Ddraig and Albion at the peak of their powers
Essence 11+: Ophis and Great Red

Again we don't even have balance breaker yet and we currently at E4. We have a ways to go before we can start fighting on par with the big boys and girls in the setting.

You guys do know an exalt can control their strength so that they won't kill their opponent right? We did it with renare we can do it here. I'd say this

[X] Ready full boost, fist of iron, first martial excellency, fist of the daystar form,sledge hammer fist punch, dragon body hybrid all mutations, lightning sprint
-use the platforms for maximum efficiency , with monkey leap technique and the other speed charms we should be able to easily reach any of them
-defensive wise dodging whenever possible and using our lesser defensive charms to soak up damage and save adamant body for when the guy pulls out something big.

how does this look?

noahgab1133 why do we need claws when we have boosted Gear, seriously? the other mutations I can see, but the claws are not useful, and are actually a problem for us as they cause problems with Fist of the Daystar, also Iron Kettle Body should be up as its a scene long charm that amps our soak

I'm pretty sure we shouldn't use dragon body hybrid since it cuts us off from some stuff *I think it was martial arts charms?*. Not to mention it's just needlessly flashy and cumbersome. Especially since this is a relatively small contained area.

Lon said:
I'm pretty sure we shouldn't use dragon body hybrid since it cuts us off from some stuff *I think it was martial arts charms?*. Not to mention it's just needlessly flashy and cumbersome. Especially since this is a relatively small area.

I believe your talking about the form charms which we can't use in our war form thanks to our inhuman shape. Though I believe Alex said its fine in dragon body hybrid since we still have a human form.

Lon said:
I'm pretty sure we shouldn't use dragon body hybrid since it cuts us off from some stuff *I think it was martial arts charms?*. Not to mention it's just needlessly flashy and cumbersome. Especially since this is a relatively small contained area.
Fist of the Daystar charms require a humanoid body-form. It's about a Man fighting monsters. Not a monster fighting monsters.

Claws mean we can't use punching charms, Dragon Warrior aka Warform on the other-hand means we get cutoff from Fist of the Daystar Form, also, it wrecks our clothing which is a bad thing, yeah wings probably are not going to be needed for thing as well, scales and senses may be useful but otherwise the rest of it not so much

Mitelt's grandmother.

John At DAwn said:
My brain is giving me an error message here- who is Suika?
Mittelt's grandmother. Oni, drunkard, master of density in ways that will make your mind curl up and whimper in terror, and one of the top five fighters in Gensokyo.

EternitynChaos said:
Claws mean we can't use punching charms, Dragon Warrior aka Warform on the other-hand means we get cutoff from Fist of the Daystar Form, also, it wrecks our clothing which is a bad thing, yeah wings probably are not going to be needed for thing as well, scales and senses may be useful but otherwise the rest of it not so much

I thought Alex changed the thing about the claws not allowing punching charms to we have to make a fist first instead of trying to impale someone with said claws on the basis of how our gauntlet look fully deployed.

2lncrr5.png

As someone put it in last thread you could rip into a tank with those things.

Otherwise I agree with you.

John At DAwn said:
My brain is giving me an error message here- who is Suika?

A Touhou character who in this Quest is Miltet's grandmother. She came to visit us a few posts back.

yeah he did change it that way, which still makes getting the claw mutation completely pointless if we are just going to punch things instead /laugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back