• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Silversun17 said:
I just thought of something. we need to sit down and have a long talk with both Rias and Sona about the territory thing. we need to hash out the issue about how the Youkai don't acknowledge the devils as having any claim over the city and how the devils view this as Rias and Sona's joint stomping grounds with our clan having no right beyond what our relationship with Rias gives us.
That's a touchy enough subject when you consider the sociopolitical implications. Frankly we should let it lie until we have more stability as a Clan Head/more fame so people just go with what we do/same for Gremory family/some combination thereof. The reason is not exactly simple, but relatively easy to convey.

First, you have the Devils - the forces that in the turf we're talking about, Sona and Rias represent. While each one is, as an individual, not all that impressive or commanding on a grand scale, each has direct ties to someone synonymous with nigh-absolute power in the realm of Devils - a Satan. And while one of the Satans is generally fairly competent BOTH are unreasonably obsessed with their kin residing at the school - and anything genuinely serious that might involve either of them could call such a superpower down to make a mess so much worse.

Then you have the Youkai of Japan, who do not get Devils in their modern incarnation. This whole 'live among the people and convert people into more devils' thing is clearly outside their public awareness, as they don't even think Devils are supposed to BE here. In addition to this, they have no real grasp of current Devil politics, or the fact that either Sona or Rias has the aforementioned ties to superpowers. Given the Nurahiyon no Mago propensity for Youkai to be generally traditionalist, insular, orthodox and conservative in terms of politics, it's not particularly likely they'll approach modern devils the way you... kind of have to. They still think of yon olden days methods, where people could throw around weight and Fear - and that's exactly the wrong thing to have on the plate with Satans a call away - and Levi-tan is one of them. There's even the fact that a certain Devil might get recognized as the supposed super Yuki-onna for even more hassle.

And of course there are the humans in the area, who are going to become collateral the moment there's any actual issue.

We really want to be in a point where we can either tell all the Youkai clans we talk to to sit down shut up and get with the program and expect them to listen, or reach the same point with at least one of two Satans.

So yeah, not.... presently a good idea, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Get a report from Eiko on the status of the Manse and your assets, you can't very well run a Yakuza Clan out of your parents house after all, here's hoping Bright made it liveable when she designed it.
-[X] if the Manse is complete you should probably have a look at it and see about moving in.
--[X] Also get in contact with Sona to warn her about Rikou's Youkai mad friend
---[X] And finally before any other longer term projects get sorted you should probably talk to Rias about this meeting with the Phenex and get that over and done with so you don't have that hanging over your head

[X] Get a report from Eiko on the status of the Manse and your assets, you can't very well run a Yakuza Clan out of your parents house after all, here's hoping Bright made it liveable when she designed it.
-[X] if the Manse is complete you should probably have a look at it and see about moving in.
---[X] And finally before any other longer term projects get sorted you should probably talk to Rias about this meeting with the Phenex and get that over and done with so you don't have that hanging over your head

I still think there are other things that might be higher priority than specific members of this vote block, but not enough to quibble over it.

Bobs Beard said:

I still think there are other things that might be higher priority than specific members of this vote block, but not enough to quibble over it.
Honestly say what they are cause you might have seen something we missed. Hell if you have a point we agree with it's not that hard to change our votes.

I wonder how far away from Balance Breaker we are.

--[X] Also get in contact with Sona to warn her about Rikuo's Youkai mad friend.
---[X] And finally before any other longer term projects get sorted you should probably talk to Rias about this meeting with the Phenex and get that over and done with so you don't have that hanging over your head.

Hmm... Checking on the Manse shouldn't take up too much time, hopefully Sona will be reasonable and won't waste our time. Phenex is a must.

You know, something occured to me... Mil-tan wants to have powers/be a mahou shoujo/whatever, right? What if it decides to join us in gratitude once we complete the Solar Pieces?

Hey um....Maybe it's just me not being familiar with Nurahyon but...Did I just see Tsurara from Rosario?

Actually, I believe she was referring to Serafall Leviathan, one of the Four Maou, and sister to Sona, with whom Rias Co-manages Kuoh and the surrounding Area. Serafall may have been involved in the initial "cleanup".

No at the party, she was making ice sculptures......
Next stop is Las Vegas guys...

i wonder if we can get training from the dragon king devil

Ah, i finally managed to catch up. This has been a rather fun read these last couple days.

---[X] And finally before any other longer term projects get sorted you should probably talk to Rias about this meeting with the Phenex and get that over and done with so you don't have that hanging over your head.

Aaand, done. The complete updates of the Character Sheet and Index are done.

But give it a look just in case. There are things like the Background that I am not completely sure of.

Also, the TVTropes page is in serious need of an update. Is there really nobody willing to update it?

hmmmm, we may want to look into learning the 1st Athletics Excelency since both Dragon Shot and our new Dragon Breath Abilities use them or Archery for their ability of choice, also there are some nice charms in the athletics tree as well along with the awareness tree ^^; just saying, though those charms are less urgent then getting more excelencys

Alexander said:
Also, the TVTropes page is in serious need of an update. Is there really nobody willing to update it?

I added Nurahyon no Mago to the crossover list and Azazel's gift to Ruby and Yang. The latter is, of course, spoilered.

So a while ago I there was a discussion that if Issei achieved his motivation he would get a point of essence. The example given then was Issei heading a corporation that could provide for him and the women on his life.

Well we have Milltelt, Rias, Asia, Yang as lovers with Eika as a familiar Ruby who sees us as her mentor and Aika as a friend with benefits. We have a Clan to our name, renown in many circles and a lot of funds. So have we achieved Issei's motivation yet?

Good job Crazael, maybe we should make a list for the tv trope page update.

Also the vote.

megrisvernin said:
So a while ago I there was a discussion that if Issei achieved his motivation he would get a point of essence. The example given then was Issei heading a corporation that could provide for him and the women on his life.

Well we have Milltelt, Rias, Asia, Yang as lovers with Eika as a familiar Ruby who sees us as her mentor and Aika as a friend with benefits. We have a Clan to our name, renown in many circles and a lot of funds. So have we achieved Issei's motivation yet?
I don't think we've quite made it. Course we're on step 7-8 of the ten step program

Guys, what about increasing our stats, our physical stats are most important do to our sacred gear so making them as high as possible is one of our most important priorities. Plus our perception is also really low.

Here's a thought: why not sink some points into Investigation? We're about to go into a situation where we're talking with political big-shots and we've been in several situations before where being perceptive would have been helpful. Let's buy up some ranks in Investigation and maybe a charm or two. It's a caste skill too so we don't even need to worry about training times.

For charms we should aim for Judge's Ear Technique, which allows us to discern lies and half-truths when they're being spoken, though we have to do a more in-depth questioning to determine which part of a statement is a lie. This one is only one charm deep in a tree after an Investigation Excellency, though I forget whether the first or second would be more useful for investigation rolls.

Hanashinobi said:
Guys, what about increasing our stats, our physical stats are most important do to our sacred gear so making them as high as possible is one of our most important priorities. Plus our perception is also really low.

On that note we should look at our dragon knacks. If I remember right there are some really awesome ones that require us to have more mental stats like perception.

We should also think about stuff like Socialize and Bureaucracy.

We should hold off on investing any of that sweet, sweet XP until we know SPECIFICALLY what we're going to be doing.

Sure, it's PROBABLE that the Phenix invite is about the canonical recruitment of Riser's sister, but it COULD be something totally different - it's not like we've mimicked canon that closely in terms of what we've done.

For all we know they want us to do merc fighting work for them - where physical stats would matter - or maybe they actually want us to go out and seduce a replacement wife for Riser (we don't know, shit could happen) and then investing in persuasion stats would be more useful than investigation stats.

And that's not even getting into the fact that just because we're checking in on it this update, there's no guarantee that the RESOLUTION of the Phenix thing will be the absolute next thing we do. They are, after all, a super important family and it's entirely reasonable to think they do NOT have such a free schedule to do a meeting right away - they've got resources to manage, and all.

Again, I'm not even attempting to say that I think I know what's going to happen next - I'm just highlighting that NONE OF US know what's going to happen next, and until we do know that (which we should after the next update) investing XP is premature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back