• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Tribulations of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Hmm...as far as XP goes and seeing I have no freaking clue how it works in White Wolf I say we should put some points in perception type stats...Figuring out what Bright is doing as soon as we can is a good thing right? Not to mention other options that have been listed are thing that will naturally progress and as far as investigation goes in relation to Politics...We have something like Young Dragon status/Debuff where we can get away with some things because were a new dragon while in some situations that will go against us so dumping points to specifically go against that doesn't seem really wise at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bobs Beard said:
We should hold off on investing any of that sweet, sweet XP until we know SPECIFICALLY what we're going to be doing.

Sure, it's PROBABLE that the Phenix invite is about the canonical recruitment of Riser's sister, but it COULD be something totally different - it's not like we've mimicked canon that closely in terms of what we've done.

For all we know they want us to do merc fighting work for them - where physical stats would matter - or maybe they actually want us to go out and seduce a replacement wife for Riser (we don't know, shit could happen) and then investing in persuasion stats would be more useful than investigation stats.

And that's not even getting into the fact that just because we're checking in on it this update, there's no guarantee that the RESOLUTION of the Phenix thing will be the absolute next thing we do. They are, after all, a super important family and it's entirely reasonable to think they do NOT have such a free schedule to do a meeting right away - they've got resources to manage, and all.

Again, I'm not even attempting to say that I think I know what's going to happen next - I'm just highlighting that NONE OF US know what's going to happen next, and until we do know that (which we should after the next update) investing XP is premature.
Investigation isn't just for the Phenex clan, it's an investment for the future. We are now officially-recognized as a fledgling political power and we're starting to interact more with people who have ulterior motives, like Loki and company. Knowing for certain when someone is bullshitting us is an extremely valuable skill when dealing with politicians, regardless of what their motives are. The phenex are, of course, politicians, therefore "what the phenex clan wants" is not a question that needs to be answered in order for Investigation to become useful for dealing with them. Heck, the very fact that "what the phenex clan wants" is a question we don't have an answer to means that Investigation is valuable for making sure we don't get lead around by the nose or anything.

And if they do want us to do something social or combat-related -- well lucky us, we're already heavily-invested in combat and social options.

honestly myself for Investigation I'd get both 1st and 2nd Excellency but if I had to pick one to get first I'd go with 2nd, as it's useful for long term investigations and such which work like crafting rolls more then combat rolls, plus still help with direct roll offs.

anyway, xp costs to get Judges Ear would be,

3xp for 1 more dot in Investigation
8xp and 3 hours training to get the Excellency and
8xp and 6 hours training to get Judges Ear

for a total of 19xp leaving us with 11xp left over

training times are bellow since they have yet to be added to the fist page of this new thread

Experience and Training

Favoured or Caste/Not Favoured or Out-of-Caste

New Trait Xp Cost Training Time
Ability 2/3 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
Specialty 1/2 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
Charm 8/10 (Min. Ability) days (3+ hours for day)/(Min. Ability + Min. Essence) days (3+ hours for day)
Sorcery Spell 8 (spell circle) weeks (6 days, 3+ hours for days)

Improve Trait Xp Cost Training Time
Attribute 6/7/8* 1 month (30 days, 3+ hours for day)
Ability 3/4 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
Specialty 2/3 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
Essence (current rating) x8 (current rating) months (30 days, 3+ hours for day)
Virtue 3 Immediate
Willpower 3 Immediate
*(6 Xp to improve it from 1 to 3, 7 Xp to improve it from 4 to 7, 8 Xp to improve it from 8+)

While Bobs has a point regarding Xp; we know that there's a handful of areas that have previously bit us in the ass and it would be a good idea to shore up those weak spots. In that regard Smut's suggestion that we raise our Investigation a few dots and get a Excellency is a very good idea. After all that's our 'tell when someone's lying to your face' stat alongside being our 'detective/find shit' and 'Google' stat. Aaand I see that Smut list the reasons rather well himself; that'll teach me to go cook while in the middle of writing a post.

Anyways, someone brought up that it would be a good idea to talk with Rais and Sona about the fact that as far as the Youkai are concerned we own the area. While it's not a major priority it is something to get around to. Cause as far as the devil/fallen/heaven(?) are concerned they own the city, far as Youkai care we do, and as far as any other groups may be concerned neither of us do; and we really don't want any real issues to come from this. Then someone else brought up that it might involve the Maou. Frankly if a gentlemen's agreement between the three of us on how to handle the territory ever comes to involve the Maou, we done fuuucked up.

That is why I want to get this finished before a incident happens and we end up stumbling over each other about legality it can be put off a little but not for long.

Smuthunter said:
Investigation isn't just for the Phenex clan, it's an investment for the future. We are now officially-recognized as a fledgling political power and we're starting to interact more with people who have ulterior motives, like Loki and company. Knowing for certain when someone is bullshitting us is an extremely valuable skill when dealing with politicians, regardless of what their motives are.

You can always tell when a politician is bullshitting.

His lips are moving.

Hmm...treat every interaction with a politician as if dealing with Fae...then you can never go wrong.

Crazael said:
That doesnt work. Fae are unlikely to actually lie. And they always hold true to their agreements.

Where as politicians are exactly the opposite.

They feel physical pain every time they tell the truth, and are completely incapable of keeping their promises.

Crazael said:
That doesnt work. Fae are unlikely to actually lie. And they always hold true to their agreements.
It doesn't really have anything to do with the lying...more like even the truth is a dangerous weapon so be cautious of all their actions.

iamnuff said:
Where as politicians are exactly the opposite.

They feel physical pain every time then tell the truth, and are completely incapable of keeping their promises.

You can count on a politician to support you as long as its in their own interests, which they'll take care to hide from you. Unless they hate you and want to stab you in the back for kicks.

can we learn the Youkai technique that let them wrap a friend and use them like some sort of power up ?
for those whose don't know, it from Nurarihyon no Mago

The way you described that...sounds decidedly unfriendly...

A lesson on how phrasing can be very important when describing something, no?

touhou ranfuku said:
Friend =/= Fiend you mean?

Pretty sure he was talking about the "wrap them up and use them as a power-up" thing, personally.

In the Manga, it's more like "absorb them into your self and gain an improved version of their powers while you both work together" but when written like that, it sounded way more like "snacktime!"

sorry, my English is pretty bad
but i still wonder if we can learn that move or not

I...Really don't want to have any power of friendship bullshit magic...We're already a Heavenly Dragon Solar...

Z000 said:
sorry, my English is pretty bad
but i still wonder if we can learn that move or not
The opposite of that is one of the primary abilities of the Boosted Gear. Plus, as a Solar Exalt, one of the areas we've been developing is powering up allies. The closest to that we're likely to see is charms that give us a bonus based on how many allies we have on the field.

I seem to remember that there's this one Adamant Circle Sorcery spell that does exactly what Z000 is trying to tell us.

Crazael's avatar is such a bishie that I have an extremely Insatiable urge to shoot him....

The same amount of Relevance as the Price of Rice in Japan?

[X] Get a report from Eiko on the status of the Manse and your assets, you can't very well run a Yakuza Clan out of your parents house after all, here's hoping Bright made it liveable when she designed it.
-[X] if the Manse is complete you should probably have a look at it and see about moving in.
--[X] Also get in contact with Sona to warn her about Rikou's Youkai mad friend
---[X] And finally before any other longer term projects get sorted you should probably talk to Rias about this meeting with the Phenex and get that over and done with so you don't have that hanging over your head

kinglugia said:
Say, who's your avie, Crazael? Google search gave me nuttin.

Tomoki from Sora no Otoshimono. One of the few times we see what he actually looks like and not a two foot tall chibi. That episode in particular he has one of his reality warping friends turn him into a chick magnet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back