• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
[X] "Nice info, but that's not what I came here from. I heard you know a thing or two about thematic genjutsu?"
-[X] Butter it up a bit. Never hurts to make people think they're more impressive than they are, right?

Now, we have to be careful on how we do this, because remember boys and girls: we're on a deathcounter. Itachi is going to do something stupid soon, and that will result in every Uchiha being killed except that whining pustular, Sasuke.

So we have to be smart about what we try to glean from these two.

Actually, we just did. If Itachi goes for it, we can at least have a chance with the Summoning Jutsu.

Actually, we just did. If Itachi goes for it, we can at least have a chance with the Summoning Jutsu.

Which is probably no chance. Because this is Itachi, remember. We need to build up more of a safety net, then one technique which will probably kill us in chakra drain alone. I mean, if we never use it until Itachi goes on his killing spree, then yeah, it could be useful as a get the fuck out of there emergency jutsu.

We need techniques. We need Jounin swho are interested in us. We may even have to show a modicum of concern for Sasuke.

Which is probably no chance. Because this is Itachi, remember. We need to build up more of a safety net, then one technique which will probably kill us in chakra drain alone. I mean, if we never use it until Itachi goes on his killing spree, then yeah, it could be useful as a get the fuck out of there emergency jutsu.

We need techniques. We need Jounin swho are interested in us. We may even have to show a modicum of concern for Sasuke.

No matter how much of a Queen Bad Ass we're GOING to be, there's no freaking way we're going to beat "I was a bloody Jonin by 10" Itachi.

[X] - "So; don't do the thing I just memorized unless I'm okay with a lottery pick of some crazy animal group which may or may not try to kill me for the sudden appearance - got it. Not what I came here for, though."
-[X] - Explain that you think its horsecrap you only have words, posing, and your own body to grab attention when you want to be fabulous and eye-catching, in action or word. This is clearly horseshit, and word on the street is that mister muscles is the premier guy for twisting reality to properly emphasize his actions when he wants attention. Mio want, and Mio want bad.
--[X] Compare the two again, just to be sure, but... huh. You were totally not expecting mister totally-not-bodypaint to be the supreme flaunter here, but there it is. Pester the both of them about this, as whatever else it is what they're doing is a core attention-grabbing system, and that's clearly up your alley.

[X] "Nice info, but that's not what I came here from. I heard you know a thing or two about thematic genjutsu?"
-[X] Butter it up a bit. Never hurts to make people think they're more impressive than they are, right?

NOPE no Jutsu acquired, good. Other possible plans include joining the killing spree, getting kicked out of the compound that day for being a huge bitch, or somehow gitting gud fast enough.

[X] - "So; don't do the thing I just memorized unless I'm okay with a lottery pick of some crazy animal group which may or may not try to kill me for the sudden appearance - got it. Not what I came here for, though."
-[X] - Explain that you think its horsecrap you only have words, posing, and your own body to grab attention when you want to be fabulous and eye-catching, in action or word. This is clearly horseshit, and word on the street is that mister muscles is the premier guy for twisting reality to properly emphasize his actions when he wants attention. Mio want, and Mio want bad.
--[X] Compare the two again, just to be sure, but... huh. You were totally not expecting mister totally-not-bodypaint to be the supreme flaunter here, but there it is. Pester the both of them about this, as whatever else it is what they're doing is a core attention-grabbing system, and that's clearly up your alley.

Holy shit this updated.

We should totally try to get Anko to mentor us.​

[X] Nice info, but that's not what I came here from. I heard you know a thing or two about thematic genjutsu?

You know, one of these two is the exact type you don't butter up, because they can see it a mile away and have been down the road where it lead to betrayal. While the other might humor you for doing so, do you really want to burn bridges already?

No matter how much of a Queen Bad Ass we're GOING to be, there's no freaking way we're going to beat "I was a bloody Jonin by 10" Itachi.
Correct. But that doesn't mean there is no way to prevent the massacre, we just need to convince Itachi not to do it.

Don't diss Mio chances yet.We just have to learn/invent a jutsu that runs on ego instead of chackra.Im sure Madara had some.

--[X] Compare the two again, just to be sure, but... huh. You were totally not expecting mister totally-not-bodypaint to be the supreme flaunter here, but there it is. Pester the both of them about this, as whatever else it is what they're doingis a core attention-grabbing system, and that's clearly up your alley.

NOPE no Jutsu acquired, good. Other possible plans include joining the killing spree, getting kicked out of the compound that day for being a huge bitch, or somehow gitting gud fast enough.

Well we couuuuuuuuld attempt to get buddy buddy with Hinata which given the iirc bad blood between our clans should give us a way to get kicked out of the compound, a place to hang, a moldable minion/friend who will grow up to be pretty damn stacked, a possible future teacher for the gentle fist (aka the Naruto equivalent of Hokuto Shin Ken) a way to troll/piss off BOTH of our clan's elders for the lulz and this totally isn't just so that the groundwork for a Mio/Hinata/Naruto OT3 can be laid*

Correct. But that doesn't mean there is no way to prevent the massacre, we just need to convince Itachi not to do it.

Better idea KILL DANZO! It will solve so many problems

*Of course if it DID happen then eventually after a few generations Mio and Naruto's descendants could get together with Naruto and Hinata's descendants creating a SUPER shinobi family with all three of our Bloodlines combined together :D

Well we couuuuuuuuld attempt to get buddy buddy with Hinata which given the iirc bad blood between our clans should give us a way to get kicked out of the compound, a place to hang, a moldable minion/friend who will grow up to be pretty damn stacked, a possible future teacher for the gentle fist (aka the Naruto equivalent of Hokuto Shin Ken) a way to troll/piss off BOTH of our clan's elders for the lulz and this totally isn't just so that the groundwork for a Mio/Hinata/Naruto OT3 can be laid*
That's a nice thought, but why would it happen?

That is, why would the Uchiha Elders let a maverick genius type like Mio go for... honestly, any reason, let alone so she can likely do stuff with the clan they hate. Remember, a clan isn't just a bigger family with the elders being parents - it's also rather like a business, in that they do not want to 'lose' to their rivals, want to retain assets and all that jazz. Heck, the entire Uchiha massacre happened because they wanted more than they had - so why'd they willingly accept having less by kicking Mio? She's no Obito, percieved as weak/useless to them, remember.

That's a nice thought, but why would it happen?

That is, why would the Uchiha Elders let a maverick genius type like Mio go for... honestly, any reason, let alone so she can likely do stuff with the clan they hate. Remember, a clan isn't just a bigger family with the elders being parents - it's also rather like a business, in that they do not want to 'lose' to their rivals, want to retain assets and all that jazz. Heck, the entire Uchiha massacre happened because they wanted more than they had - so why'd they willingly accept having less by kicking Mio? She's no Obito, percieved as weak/useless to them, remember.

I meant kicked out of the compound FOR THE DAY, we say raise a fuss during some lecture about propriety or "honour of the Uchiha" and shit until they get pissed off enough with us to kick us out for the day and we go hang with our new minion until the massacre is over

I meant kicked out of the compound FOR THE DAY, we say raise a fuss during some lecture about propriety or "honour of the Uchiha" and shit until they get pissed off enough with us to kick us out for the day and we go hang with our new minion until the massacre is over
Firstly - same problem; you do not punish a highly valued asset by ejection, temporary or otherwise, and the Uchiha Elders have demonstrated a grasp of this even within this quest. There's a core problem of making them do ejection at all that you're not addressing.

Secondly, even if we somehow swung that, how does it help? We certainly don't know the exact day for Itachicide shenanigans, and barring that we're just getting away for a day... and then back to the clan. Kinda hard to miss an event if you don't know specifically when it is - and even if we thought we knew when it was from canon interpretation, this is now an AU and Mio's presence could quite easily shift when/how the massacre plays out.

So in regards to your notion here, I'll go ahead and quote Mio's spirit animal.

Ahem,

MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA

Honestly, I don't think we can prevent the massacre simply because A) We're not likely to see Danzo, and B) Tobi is still a good boy and will work really hard!

Short of making sure that Itachi likes us as much as Sasuke, he's not likely to spare us either.

So our options are "GTFO", "Not be there", or "GIT GOOD"' of which the first we have the summoning technique, the second would require us to know what day it is (though we know it happens on an Academy day and during Academy hours) and only if they don't go around town to kill all other Uchihas (stupid fucking impossible teleport techniques...), while the third would require some kind of stupid cheat like if turning off the eyes would give us a crazy amount of chakra because we never recover up to full due to the constant usage.

Firstly - same problem; you do not punish a highly valued asset by ejection, temporary or otherwise, and the Uchiha Elders have demonstrated a grasp of this even within this quest. There's a core problem of making them do ejection at all that you're not addressing.

Secondly, even if we somehow swung that, how does it help? We certainly don't know the exact day for Itachicide shenanigans, and barring that we're just getting away for a day... and then back to the clan. Kinda hard to miss an event if you don't know specifically when it is - and even if we thought we knew when it was from canon interpretation, this is now an AU and Mio's presence could quite easily shift when/how the massacre plays out.

So in regards to your notion here, I'll go ahead and quote Mio's spirit animal.

Ahem,

MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA

Well for one thing you REALLY don't think the Uchiha Elders (at least the non-retarded ones that don't have their heads up their ass with UCHIHA PRIIIIIIDE!) aren't going to be giddy with joy at the prospect of a chance to steal the secrets to the Gentle Fist for the clan?

We might not be able to be kicked out but we sure as hell could try and convince/manipulate the Elders eager to let us spend lots of time with our new "friend" and the more time we spend outside the compound the less chance we have of getting caught in the massacre.
Plus if we ARE somehow lucky enough to be in the Hyuuga compound when the massacre happens at least there will be a lot of Hyuuga between us and Itachi.

As for us learning the Gentle Fist AFAICT the only thing that the Byakugan is needed for when using it is to let the Hyuuga see the chakra flow inside someone's body along with the tenketsu points, with the Sharingan we can already see chakra to some degree so we could just crack open some medical textbooks on the chakra system and memorize the positions of the tenketsu on the body.

Other than that plan as mentioned above our only other chance is using the Summon Contract and running the hell away from Konoha given we are not likely to get strong enough to fend off Itachi OR be able to stop the massacre from happening.

So 1986ctcel Your plan of survival is to hide with the Uchiha clan's political rivals?

It's A plan and not the only plan I'm considering (such as escaping with the Summoning contract) besides all that matters right now is surviving the massacre SOMEHOW, if it means sucking up to Hiashi and those old bastards so be it.

Well for one thing you REALLY don't think the Uchiha Elders (at least the non-retarded ones that don't have their heads up their ass with UCHIHA PRIIIIIIDE!) aren't going to be giddy with joy at the prospect of a chance to steal the secrets to the Gentle Fist for the clan?
No I don't, because they're largely useless to non-Byakugan - need to see the Tenketsu, you know? Blindly going for where they should be is a recipe for disaster no matter how well you may know the theory; too many ways bodies can deviate from the learned norm.

Even if you take one of those tenuous interpretations of canon that the Sharingan can provide the vital aspect the Byakugan does for Gentle Fist practice, I still don't buy it. The Hyuuga and Uchiha have been living in the same village together for generations, plural now - and in all that time they haven't taken any Byakugan stuff. The sheer lack of such theft, to me, is quite representative that there has to be a reason they don't take it. The alternative is that they conveniently held the idiot ball/somehow never had prior chances to try and steal the tech - and I'd like to think that wasn't actually the case here.

Past all that though, even if you disregard both of those reasons, there's another that makes this a total no-go to me. That is - they're in a ninja village that was founded on being able to trust one's neighbors and all that jazz. A huge part of being able to have such a trust, is a respect for one's neighbor's secrets - as if you don't have that respect, why shouldn't they do the same to you? In the interest of still having a home where they can go back to and take it easy in an actual trade hub rather than in some legitimately hidden reclusive manse, there's no reason to try and steal your allies techniques. Remember, for all parties involved, they are people, they live there, and this is real - there is no understating the relevance of 'if I do this, is it going to cause me a hassle with the neighbors I'm going to have for the foreseeable future'.

So... yeah.
We might not be able to be kicked out but we sure as hell could try and convince/manipulate the Elders eager to let us spend lots of time with our new "friend" and the more time we spend outside the compound the less chance we have of getting caught in the massacre.
I mean sure there's obviously a case to be made that it'd probably be easy to talk any dissenters into allowing Mio to interact with appropriately prestigious children, even if they ARE in a rival clan.

That said, I don't know how that's relevant to all this talk about Mio getting kicked out or technique theft or any of that.
Plus if we ARE somehow lucky enough to be in the Hyuuga compound when the massacre happens at least there will be a lot of Hyuuga between us and Itachi.
That's still nearby, and there's at least a nonzero chance that Itachi/Obito could indeed plow through all that.

I'd still take LOL NOPE, CONTRACTLESS SUMMONING means of avoidance - even we wouldn't know where we'd be going, so good luck to them on tracking us.

If you really want to try and dodge the problem while staying in Konoha for the event, then we should be making inroads with Hiruzen via Naruto or some such, and try to be with HIM.

I'd take 'Hokage and associated guard' over 'the Hyuuga Clan' as my defenders any day.
As for us learning the Gentle Fist AFAICT the only thing that the Byakugan is needed for when using it is to let the Hyuuga see the chakra flow inside someone's body along with the tenketsu points, with the Sharingan we can already see chakra to some degree so we could just crack open some medical textbooks on the chakra system and memorize the positions of the tenketsu on the body.
...So you are one of those types then, sort of.

Let me ask you this; how well would you play games without the graphical user interface - all your meters, numbers, minimaps and associated HUD? Less well than you would with them, right - by a large margin, even, no matter how well you know the game.

Trying to do Gentle Fist stuff without that real-time visual indication of precisely where every tenketsu target is, is like that.

The more esoteric Hyuuga techs like the Lion Fist, Kaiten and assorted Void blast things may be more viable... but they might not, and either way you still have the trouble of all the trouble that stealing from your neighbor entails.
Other than that plan as mentioned above our only other chance is using the Summon Contract and running the hell away from Konoha given we are not likely to get strong enough to fend off Itachi OR be able to stop the massacre from happening.
You say that like that's a problem, in terms of how flexibly we can plan.
  • Attempt to get at that Hokage grandfatherliness via Naruto and outright have the villages best defenses around Mio.
  • If we're lucky/in the right place at the right time it's entirely possible we could run into Jiraiya, who could be either/both of a means out of the village or a meaningful protection.
  • We could say F U to Konoha and actively attempt to get kidnapped/absconded to another village. There's pretty much no one that'd turn away a willing Uchiha.
  • No matter what, we're still fighting against, potentially, impossibly allseeing enemy observation - Zetsu, Obito - we have no means to counteract or detect their watching, so we were never going to make a perfect plan to begin with.
In short... don't try too hard to make a plan, since anything you start laying groundwork for is something that could be seen and accounted for by the very thing we're trying to plan for.

'S why I like the Summoning out the most, even if it does require we actually do the finger bite and hand seals to initiate it.

...So, who's up for Mio generally trying to become speedy fingers mcgee?

So, who's up for Mio generally trying to become speedy fingers mcgee?
Trying? Mio surpasses the general expectations of trial and error, surpassing her goal the instant the deigns to.

And this worry is unfounded. Should something somehow temporarily get the better of Mio in a lethal manner, she need only reject death and become one of those bloodthirsty, sun-avoiding, perfect-body-control things.

It wouldn't be that different.

Honestly, I see the battle of Itachi starting with us suddenly bleeding out and on the floor as he moves on to more pressing targets, the blood's going to be there, at which point we'll just be praying that whomever we end up at has medical abilities, the speed of our handsigns will not matter at that point. I mean, wouldn't you silence the loud mouth with some potential but not a lot of experience, whom also isn't really being watched all that closely (inside the compound) first?

Why not try to get Mao close to Danzo's family?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back