• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Fuck me, I didn't see anything that pointed that out. Not a room, not a pubic hair of a door.

The tower your talking about is the one I had to fight the demon to get to, yeah?
After killing the Taurus Demon, you'll encounter a bridge with a drake guarding it. Avoid the drake's fire breath and hug the right side of the bridge, go down the stairs and there'll be a couple of doorways that you can go through, one of them leads to the rats that you encountered and the other leads to the ladder that you can kick down to activate the shortcut.

No offense, but I am laughing SO hard at you right now.

Of course this is self mocking laughter because for whatever reason, I only found that shortcut and ladder after I hard cleared everything Undead Burg had to offer and didn't need it anymore, when it would have been REALLY useful 24 hours ago.

Did wonders to temper my desire to push forward without having learned the terrain and enemies. My overly cautious approach let me avoid a whole lot of bullshit that gets you if you are moving faster.

At least I'm not beating my head against the skeletons in the graveyard just outside Firelink shrine, Years ago I watched a video about how this guy just kept going that way because he 'knew' Dark Souls was hard.

I mean I still tried to kill the first two a few times, but it was more 'meh, Let's see if I can get some good loot early' sort of thing.

At least I'm not beating my head against the skeletons in the graveyard just outside Firelink shrine, Years ago I watched a video about how this guy just kept going that way because he 'knew' Dark Souls was hard.

I mean I still tried to kill the first two a few times, but it was more 'meh, Let's see if I can get some good loot early' sort of thing.
There is good loot there, but, unless you sequence broke for a weapon that can actually kill the skeletons, you're better off just making a mad dash for it. It helps if you already know where it is, obviously.

Fishing through Steam, I found something that might be quite the gem.

SunnySide. Stardew Valley... by way of Persona.

Though the description mocks Stardew some, so there's that.

Modern technology like ordering your seeds online, using a water hose to water your crops.

They want to take notes from Persona's S-Link/Confidant stories for your relationships with the other townsfolk, which is interesting.

The trailer looks pretty so far- you can definitely feel Persona's influence in the art. Also looks like it has a farm planning mode where you can plan everything out and then just build it to the blueprint once you have the resources, which sounds fantastic.

There is good loot there, but, unless you sequence broke for a weapon that can actually kill the skeletons, you're better off just making a mad dash for it. It helps if you already know where it is, obviously.
Nah, just sharing a tidbit.

Hooked the bridge to the rest of the town below, 'wasted' some time grinding up souls to buy some stuff [Bow, Arrows, Bonfire Box, Undead Burg's Key and the Repair box]. Managed to cross the underside of the bridge, I used the bow to drag one of the Rats out and agro the undead that's on the left side which let me fight them on my terms, ran past the other two rats up the ladder and took out the undead at the entrance of the Parish.

The fuck am I intended to do about Porky and his goons? Stopped there because I was starting to get a little too mad.

Also, could I in theory kill the dragon by shooting his tail from under the bridge or is it too inefficient?

Nah, just sharing a tidbit.

Hooked the bridge to the rest of the town below, 'wasted' some time grinding up souls to buy some stuff [Bow, Arrows, Bonfire Box, Undead Burg's Key and the Repair box]. Managed to cross the underside of the bridge, I used the bow to drag one of the Rats out and agro the undead that's on the left side which let me fight them on my terms, ran past the other two rats up the ladder and took out the undead at the entrance of the Parish.

The fuck am I intended to do about Porky and his goons? Stopped there because I was starting to get a little too mad.

Also, could I in theory kill the dragon by shooting his tail from under the bridge or is it too inefficient?
There are two ways to get rid of the drake. Shooting the tail only will make it leave until the next time you rest at a bonfire. Doing so rewards you with a sword, the Drake Sword, that's really good at that point in the game but is rightfully derided by veterans as a crutch for newbies.

If you lure the drake out to the center of the bridge and have enough DPS to take it down before it shifts to an attack pattern that will kill you in seconds, you can permakill it. It's harder than it sounds and I've never actually done it (though I haven't played DS1 at all since 2014). Luring the drake out to the center of the bridge is also how you can buy enough time to dash toward the bonfire on the other side of the bridge, which will also make the drake leave until the next time you rest at a bonfire.

A particular sequence break, that requires a lot of running past strong midgame enemies, will prevent the drake from spawning at the bridge because it takes you the long way around to bypass the drake's first attack run in the early Burg. The bridge remains safe until you trigger that flag.

(Dragons and drakes are two different things in DS1.)

There are two ways to get rid of the drake. Shooting the tail only will make it leave until the next time you rest at a bonfire. Doing so rewards you with a sword, the Drake Sword, that's really good at that point in the game but is rightfully derided by veterans as a crutch for newbies.
...I realize the game takes skill, my ignoble deaths to some the undead in the Burg highlighting that pretty well, but making fun of people for realizing how to get a decent weapon is kinda unfair.

...I realize the game takes skill, my ignoble deaths to some the undead in the Burg highlighting that pretty well, but making fun of people for realizing how to get a decent weapon is kinda unfair.
It's more "if you rely on this weapon too much, you'll reach the point in midgame where it falls off and suddenly the game will be really hard again, so keep a backup weapon handy that actually scales with your stats."

Another update on my Bloodborne playthrough, I've reached level 50 and I'm wondering if I should specialize in a specific stat now. I've been spreading my levels between vitality, endurance, and a bit more focus on strength. They are at 25, 23, and 28 respectively. All my other stats are below or just barely at the double digits. I'm thinking about focusing on strength, but I want to know if there is a point of diminishing returns that I should stop at and what stat I would switch to.

As someone who almost fell into that trap my first time through Dark Souls, I can confidently say it's a crutch. The weapon is basically worthless after early game because it costs a rare resource to upgrade that is better spent on pretty much anything else. It's lack of scaling means even if you do spend the resources to upgrade it, it's outclassed by pretty much everything else at a similar level. By all means, use it, but don't make the mistake of thinking it's something worth keeping around long term. The damage drops off a steep cliff.

Another update on my Bloodborne playthrough, I've reached level 50 and I'm wondering if I should specialize in a specific stat now. I've been spreading my levels between vitality, endurance, and a bit more focus on strength. They are at 25, 23, and 28 respectively. All my other stats are below or just barely at the double digits. I'm thinking about focusing on strength, but I want to know if there is a point of diminishing returns that I should stop at and what stat I would switch to.
The soft cap on stats is 50, any points into a stat after that is worth about half what it was before. Level 50 is kind of late to be deciding what build to go for but you've already invested in a Strength build at this point. You should just aim for that soft cap for strength and keep buffing your health and endurance. Assuming you have the DLC, my favorite strength weapon is the Whirligig Saw, it's just a big pizza cutter chainsaw. Barring that, the Logarius Wheel is a close second.

beastclaws

You've pretty much got your mainstat set there already. Everyone can use Vit and End for the health and stamina and your third stat should be your main damage stat. That's mainly determined by the stat scaling on the weapons you want to use, strength's good for things like the saw cleaver and hunter's axe (and beast claws), dex for the threaded cane or Chikage, bloodtinge for just about every offhand weapon that isn't a cannon or a chunk or iron (and a couple of mainhands) and arcane is for your hunter's tools and non-physical, non-blood damage types.

but yo get them beastclaws and djuras set and savage everything with mad beasthood damage just dont get hit

Velk One tip I absolutely spoiled myself on was to trash as little of the useless junk gear you find along the way.

Throw it into you bonfire storage and at a certain point later in the game(that you can't miss, it's required to go further) you gain the ability to sacrifice items for souls. Each junk piece of gear is worth 50 souls. Not much, but it's a good ways along so you can amass a decent stockpile in the meantime for a nice soul infusion as soon as it unlocks.

Just....make sure to mute your sound while doing the sacrifices. You don't HAVE to, but once you do it a few times and suddenly realize you might be hearing that....that sound dozens, maybe hundreds more times you'll understand what I mean.

This isn't required, just a nifty little tip if you want to kinda min-max without having to really go out of your way to do so.

EVERYONE I HAVE A ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE! ERDTREE AVATAR IS A BITCHASS MOTHERFUCKER! IT PISSED ON MY FUCKING DOGS. THAT'S RIGHT IT TOOK OUT ITS SPLINTERY FUCKING DICK AND PISSED ALL OVER MY FUCKING DOGS, AND IT SAID IT'S DICK WAS "T H I S B I G" AND I SAID "THAT'S DISGUSTING," SO I'M MAKING A CALL OUT POST ON MY QUESTIONABLEQUESTING.COM: ERDTREE AVATAR YOU'VE GOT A SMALL DICK. IT'S THE SIZE OF THIS RUNE EXCEPT FOR WAY SMALLER. AND GUESS WHAT HERE'S WHAT MY DONG LOOKS LIKE!

YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT, MAKES TORRENT LOOK ON IN JEALOUSY, AND RENNA TREMBLE WITH NEED. LOOK AT IT'S LIKE TWO BALLS AND A BONG!

and yeah that's pretty much all I got. seriously fuck that piece of shit.

to make up for my earlier ranting have a cool thing.
d7zamj3spbn81.jpg

vi8gwh3spbn81.jpg

rrrn7i3spbn81.jpg

cu7bfj3spbn81.jpg
https://80.lv/articles/illustrated-journal-of-elden-ring-adventures/

So what is Stellaris currently like? I haven't played in years.

Nice, my copy of Dot Hack G.U. for the Switch arrived today (technically yesterday, now). Haven't played more than the prologue yet, but the manga that came as part of the preorder bonus was definitely worth preordering for.

Normally I'd post a 99% cost/receive value bundle in the Free Shit thread, but $40 doesn't even come close even though the value is well over 2.5k.

Humble Bundle's Ukraine Support Bundle

Quite a few really good ones in that pack.
Nice stuff, but good fucking god the bundle layout page has gone down the shitter.

What manner of a rotten brain-dead napkin thought a horizontal scroll list that loads the images as they come up for the content was in any way an acceptable implementation for mobile view?

Nintendo. Recently. Revealed. This.

I don't know how the fuck Nintendo managed to tell the Front Mission IP Holder to work with them for an international release (especially since the guy has a reputation of withdrawing money to screw projects over), but it's a mystery with good results.

Oh, it gets better, if you didn't see the full reveal on the recent Direct: it's not just 1, but also 2 that's coming. For context, before this, we only had official localizations of 1 (for DS), 3, 4, Evolved, and Left Alive. Adding another entry to that list is a pretty big deal.

So I grabbed the humble bundle. I'm offering priority to some players, but these are the things I definitely don't want, so they're up for grabs. First-come, first-serve, if none of my players want them.

I could swear there was a thread for this, but I can't find it now. If a mod knows where it is, feel free to move this post.

EDIT: Had it linked. One post down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back