• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

So another bloodborne update, I'm pretty sure I screwed up. I just killed Micolash. When I didn't see a Lamp spawn immediately, I decided to use a bold Hunter's mark. There could have been a couple enemies before the next Lamp, and I didn't want to risk losing my 49k echoes. After leveling up and going back to the path towards the boss room, the bridge that led to it was gone. I knew in the cutscene that it moved, but I didn't put two and two together and realize that I couldn't backtrack.

However, during the boss fight, I managed to loot a couple items (though not a clean sweep). Will the 'Iron Door Key' help? Is there a way back?

Also, I found this elevator that goes down into a pitch black area. I have no I idea what to do there.

Edit: Never mind. I'm an idiot and didn't see the side path.

Last edited:
Dark souls question, Does the Red Drake on the bridge to the Undead Parish respawn or other wise come back? I just realise that I lost a source of easy souls.

Dark souls question, Does the Red Drake on the bridge to the Undead Parish respawn or other wise come back? I just realise that I lost a source of easy souls.
Did you shoot its tail for the Drake Sword, or did you kill it outright on the bridge? If the former, you didn't actually kill it, so it'll return after you rest at a bonfire. If the latter, it's permadead.

Did you shoot its tail for the Drake Sword, or did you kill it outright on the bridge? If the former, you didn't actually kill it, so it'll return after you rest at a bonfire. If the latter, it's permadead.
I got the sword by shooting the tail, kinda annoying to do that to be honest but not as annoying as baiting it to get off the castle/fort and onto the bridge.

Second thing I did after lighting the Bonfire, the first being resting at it.
Okay, then, just travel to another bonfire and then return to the bridge, and it'll be back.

Have you fought the two nearby black knights (one before Taurus Demon, one at the top of the tower next to the drake) yet? If either of them drops a weapon or shield, it's worth changing your entire build plan to get the stats to wield it.

E: Or Black Knights later in the game. There are regular sword, greatsword, greataxe, and halberd varieties, and the only ones that respawn are in the final area.

Last edited:
No, mostly because the drop rates look like crap. I looked those 'gold knights' up after I tried and failed took kill the one in the 'burg'. By the by, is he guarding the other side of the sewer gate you see before you enter the 'burg' first?

No, mostly because the drop rates look like crap. I looked those 'gold knights' up after I tried and failed took kill the one in the 'burg'. By the by, is he guarding the other side of the sewer gate you see before you enter the 'burg' first?
Nah, that opens up to something farther in. Past the goat and his two dogs.

He does guard a ring though, think it was one of the tear stone rings.

It's worth killing them even for just the chance.

I cheesed the fuck out of that first one in the Burg by leading it back up to that open courtyard, climbing on the roof, and spamming firebombs. It dropped the Black Knight's Sword and it changed my entire run. I think the third, or maybe forth got me the Black Knights Shield and between the two the game became a whole lot easier.

You have a cumulative ~30% chance of getting the shield from any of the non-respawning knights, a ~49% chance of getting the regular sword, a 36% chance of getting the halberd, and 20% chances of getting the greataxe or greatsword. it's far from guaranteed, but it's not that bad either.

What's that one do? I picked the 'Little' Ring as my starting item.
There are two tearstone rings, one red and one blue. The red one boosts your damage (all forms of attack) by about 50% while you're at low health (below 20%), while the blue one boosts your defense by the same %. The knight in the burg guards hte blue ring. The red one is theoretically available very soon, but it's behind two layers of "I'm free to go in that direction!?" and its guards are even more of a pain to fight than black knights.

Just a bit of curiosity, how 'far' am I from the Catacombs? I mean progress wise asI know I can get there from the Graveyard but if I remember the stuff I heard about the game years ago, that's the back entrance that leads right to 'Neat-oh'.

Just a bit of curiosity, how 'far' am I from the Catacombs? I mean progress wise asI know I can get there from the Graveyard but if I remember the stuff I heard about the game years ago, that's the back entrance that leads right to 'Neat-oh'.
The back entrance to Nito is in the Catacombs, and is mostly for people who are on NG+ and don't want to fight him yet.

Instead, you want to find or craft a weapon with the Divine trait. Crafting a Divine weapon is as simple as locating the Divine Ember (prize for an optional boss that you currently can access without fighting any other bosses) and then taking it to the blacksmith that you'll have already met by the time you've found it.

Nobody actually crafts Divine weapons, though. Instead, a unique Divine weapon can be found if you do a lot of exploring and find a canyon area. A casual playthrough will only discover this area after defeating the next four bosses from where you are, and a veteran playthrough will instead take the Master Key at chargen and get it almost immediately after arriving at Firelink, but there's also a shortcut that can take you directly there from where you are without fighting any additional bosses. It's guarded by a lot of hard enemies, though, including a black knight.

There are four other unique Divine weapons, but that's the only one that's accessible for a while.

While I still have a backlog to clear before even thinking about Horizon or Elden Ring, I have run into a pretty good Zelda/Souls like: Tunic. Really good art and design that calls back to the classic Legend of Zelda with combat that would not be out of place in a Souls game. Though I think Penny Arcade summed up the main problem with the game: the lack of a plushie of the main character.

tunic-button-fin-1639003786256.jpg

Seriously, they made a great game, put it on Gamepass and confirmed that it will be coming to Playstation and Nintendo in the future, and nobody though to make a floof plushie?! Do these people hate money?

Dark Souls: Got to the church past the pig, I took the underground route because I thought the gate would drop behind me. Killed the giant/dude with the mace and the sniper priest, opened up the shortcut to Firelink Shrine and lit the bonfire by the Blacksmith. I can regularly get to the Gargoyles with 7 Flasks, fuck the runt undead and the Balder Knight on the stairs, and I can semi-regularly get both gargoyles on to the church roof.

I cut off the one's tail to get the axe, not sure I want to use it even though I only need to get one point of dex because Poison, Bleed and the other status effect were being added to me when I brought it out to check it out.

Killed the two Black Knights but didn't get anything other than Titanite, so no Black Knight Sword for me.

Advice for the Roof Fuckers? I know I can use the elevation to dodge below the swinging attack, being above doesn't seem to help.

Advice for the Roof Fuckers? I know I can use the elevation to dodge below the swinging attack, being above doesn't seem to help.
Co-op. I don't think I ever learned the solo strat tbh, but that was years ago and co-op might not be as viable anymore just from the decline in active players?

Alternatively, check out the area behind Andre. One route leads to a gate that'll only open much later, but the other route leads to a lot of side content.

Dark Souls: Got to the church past the pig, I took the underground route because I thought the gate would drop behind me. Killed the giant/dude with the mace and the sniper priest, opened up the shortcut to Firelink Shrine and lit the bonfire by the Blacksmith. I can regularly get to the Gargoyles with 7 Flasks, fuck the runt undead and the Balder Knight on the stairs, and I can semi-regularly get both gargoyles on to the church roof.

I cut off the one's tail to get the axe, not sure I want to use it even though I only need to get one point of dex because Poison, Bleed and the other status effect were being added to me when I brought it out to check it out.

Killed the two Black Knights but didn't get anything other than Titanite, so no Black Knight Sword for me.

There was a chest in the Undead Burg somewhere before the Taurus Demon that gives a couple of Gold Pine Resin that you can use to put a lightning buff on your weapon, put it on right before starting the fight and try to lure the first gargoyle to the opposite side from where the second one enters. If you're quick enough, you can kill the first gargoyle before the second one even reaches you with this method.

Alternatively, if you've talked to Solaire at the opposite end of the bridge from where the drake is, then you can summon him for the fight.

You mean the one with the "Fuck Off" huge lighting-spam demon thing? My drake sword did like 82 damage and I barely noticed a difference in his health bar.
That's a recurring miniboss, called the Titanite Demon or Prowling Demon (depending on who you ask). Only one of them in the entire game respawns and this first one isn't it. They're all very tanky, but there are still several effective strategies depending on your build (most of which are ranged, and you still need well over 100 arrows).

For now, it's fine to just run past.

Last edited:
Alternatively, if you've talked to Solaire at the opposite end of the bridge from where the drake is, then you can summon him for the fight.
I'm sure I need humanity for that, summoning him that is. Granted, I have easy access to a lone rat...
For now, it's fine to just run past.
Just run past it, he says. Like I haven't had my ass blasted trying to run past the fucker.

By the by, Is it possible to leap from the tower that one Dark Knight was on onto the castle? Because that seems like an easy way to get past needing to kill the Bell Gargoyles for a little bit to try and find some easy loot.

Just run past it, he says. Like I haven't had my ass blasted trying to run past the fucker.
What's your current equipment's weight compared to your maximum load? That affects your movement speed, roll speed, and i-frames. Even tank builds never want to be above 50%, because the penalties are just too harsh.

Just a heads up, that's actually not what's going on. The UI displays it in the worst way possible, but what's actually happening is that the axe is giving you resistance against those status effects. For some dumbass reason, resistance gained by new equipment like that doesn't instantly take effect, and rather takes a few extra seconds, and worse, it shows it as your base resistance being a percentage of your new resistance meter already being filled. So what you're effectively seeing is your character going from their base resistance against those status effects, to the new enhanced version over the next few moments.

What's your current equipment's weight compared to your maximum load? That affects your movement speed, roll speed, and i-frames. Even tank builds never want to be above 50%, because the penalties are just too harsh.
Warrior Starter Armor, switched out the Heater shield for the Caduceus Round Shield and I'm wielding the Drake sword, so that's 23.4 and I put a few points into the stat that boosts stamina and my weight limit. I'm not turning my switch back on to see my current limit, but I roll decently fast but I go much slower if I put on the Boar Helm.

Warrior Starter Armor, switched out the Heater shield for the Caduceus Round Shield and I'm wielding the Drake sword, so that's 23.4 and I put a few points into the stat that boosts stamina and my weight limit. I'm not turning my switch back on to see my current limit, but I roll decently fast but I go much slower if I put on the Boar Helm.
You can usually get past the Titanite demon pretty easy if you hug the left(?) wall. Been a while since I played, but I remember running along the left side from Andre. It shoots lightning or jumps if you're too far, and both shouldn't be too hard to dodge, though the jump will likely kill you if it hits.

You can usually get past the Titanite demon pretty easy if you hug the left(?) wall. Been a while since I played, but I remember running along the left side from Andre. It shoots lightning or jumps if you're too far, and both shouldn't be too hard to dodge, though the jump will likely kill you if it hits.
This helped a lot, I didn't notice the wall of rubble the first few times. I managed to bait him into launching lightning at me and run past him.

but the other route leads to a lot of side content.
The forest wasn't too bad, died a few times but it was mostly because of my own idiocy. I managed to fall onto the Red Salamander and stab it to death on my first try, only to find the 'proper' entrance to that area.

Killed the giants and the salamander's ambush, watched a guy try and hug the wall to get around the lake from a bloodstain and thought it was best not to try it myself. Got the Longbow and Leather armor as wells the Elite Knight Armor and the Wolf Ring, I swapped out the Blue Ring for it.

Found the Moth's boss battle, I said fuck that and I'll go back once I get some Pyromancy.

Tried farming some B.Knights for the Buckler, found a humanity somewhere because I had none when I started farming and had one in 'soft' stock but I didn't use any items other than a flask... This isn't the first time this has happened to me, I think I got another when I riposted a B.Knight.

Tried the gargoyles again when farming a bit stale, managed to kill the first one but the second barbecued my ass. I think part of my problem was sticking to the targeting cam too much and dodging too early for the 'hammer' attack which leaves the gargoyles time to correct their aim.

Found the Moth's boss battle, I said fuck that and I'll go back once I get some Pyromancy.
If you've got a humanity there's an NPC phantom under the staircase that deletes that boss with ease (usually). Beating that boss leads to the divine ember too.
Tried farming some B.Knights for the Buckler, found a humanity somewhere because I had none when I started farming and had one in 'soft' stock but I didn't use any items other than a flask... This isn't the first time this has happened to me, I think I got another when I riposted a B.Knight.
You just get soft humanity every now and then. There's kill counter thresholds in most areas and when you hit one your next kill tosses a humanity at you. Think you could get 5 humanity per area that way, or something like that.

The Moonlight Butterfly is a lot easier if you have ranged options, but it's entirely doable in melee. You just need to keep dodging its spells until it lands on the bridge.

There's another Black Knight near where you found the Hunter's set, along with a miniboss that looks a lot scarier than it is.
The prize that most players farm Balder Knights for is the Balder Straight Sword, one of the best dex weaposn in the game. Not all of them have it though
If you've got a humanity there's an NPC phantom under the staircase that deletes that boss with ease (usually). Beating that boss leads to the divine ember too.
And a key that leads to a heavily-memed advanced combat tutorial miniboss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back