• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

There's another Black Knight near where you found the Hunter's set, along with a miniboss that looks a lot scarier than it is.
Yeah, I dropped down in front of him and grabbed that shield.

Also fought the Crystal Golems and saw the Hydra, Fuck the Hydra.

And a key that leads to a heavily-memed advanced combat tutorial miniboss.
No idea who or what that could be, as the forest is/was something of prominent blindspot in my DS knowledge. Don't tell me, I'll find out later.

Yeah, I dropped down in front of him and grabbed that shield.
Go ahead and explore the area behind him. It's one I've described before.
Also fought the Crystal Golems and saw the Hydra, Fuck the Hydra.
The Hydra has only two attack patterns, and the ranged one is far more dangerous than the melee one. If you can close to melee, have a decent shield, and possibly a ranged option just in case (because the melee pattern can still be annoying), the Hydra becomes very easy.
No idea who or what that could be, as the forest is/was something of prominent blindspot in my DS knowledge. Don't tell me, I'll find out later.
I'd actually forgotten exactly where the key was until I looked it up, but the miniboss it hides is impossible to forget. The key is found in the forest, but it's actually used in the Burg.

I'd actually forgotten exactly where the key was until I looked it up, but the miniboss it hides is impossible to forget. The key is found in the forest, but it's actually used in the Burg.

Would you say it stonewalls some players?

(If it's who I think it is I literally two hit him cause I got to the iron golem before finding him)

Black Knight halberd go brrr.

Would you say it stonewalls some players?

(If it's who I think it is I literally two hit him cause I got to the iron golem before finding him)
Yes. It usually took me about six hits IIRC, but all of my builds ended up being "balanced str and dex, with pyromancy on the side." I never experienced the glorious OP of a proper mage build.

Playing games off the big humblebundle.

Satisfactory... is about as fun as I thought it would be. It's going to drive me to distraction until I dream of conveyor belts, just like Factorio did, I think.

Pawnbarian is a nice simple game... mostly. It ain't easy. And I have no idea how to play the Shogun. TL;DR: It's a roguelike in which you use chess pieces to move on a board. Very simple. Until it isn't and you have five enemies murdering you because you forgot they would move if you used a piece with Cantrip.

Sunset Overdrive is a game I wanted to play since the first time I saw it. On a TV Ad. And was sad when I'd have to get an Xbox, which I never did. First thought: so, THIS is the world Mario left behind. Jokes aside, I think I need to play it with a controller, keyboard/mouse controls are a little wonky. Amusing game so far though, very self-aware, which was probably more 'lit' back when it first came out. It is pretty fun though- reminds me of Infamous, kinda. I still haven't really made it through the tutorials yet, though.

Finally, so far, played Slay the Spire... they weren't kidding when they said Last Evil was nearly a copy. It was so similar I knew enough to make it to (what's probably) the final boss on my first run- even got into his second phase and about 2/3 of the way through it's health before my low HP ass finally got ganked.

Finally, so far, played Slay the Spire... they weren't kidding when they said Last Evil was nearly a copy. It was so similar I knew enough to make it to (what's probably) the final boss on my first run- even got into his second phase and about 2/3 of the way through it's health before my low HP ass finally got ganked.
Don't worry, that happens a lot.

Out of curiosity, which boss was it?

Don't worry, that happens a lot.

Out of curiosity, which boss was it?
Birb. Two cultists went down easy enough, got Reaper off to bring my HP back up a little, but man his attack goes too high. Needed more shield... Or to not have the artifact that limited me to six cards per turn.

Dark Souls update: Killed the Gargoyles with my boi, Shiny Penis, and my Gold Pine Tarred Claymore. I can see why it's something of a favorite in the DS community, thrust and slashing, I almost three hit the First gargoyle and the first hit detailed the beast.

Rung the bell, killed the Titanite Demon via strafing and letting him move me, went into Undead Burg, saved the mage/sorcerer, killed the dogs and the assassins and opened up the shortcut the Firelink Shrine.

Then I killed the 'Chopper' demon, so the next logical destination is the Depths. So I went back to Andre for when I go back to the forest to fight the Hydra for real so I can upgrade my Drake sword a little. And all of this was done with no combat related deaths, fuck the Drake's Alpha Strike when it comes back to the bridge, but there were a few close calls.

I get why the put the dogs with the Capra Demon, deadly distractions from the Boss, but did they need to make the Boss room so small? Capra don't need a small room to be deadly with that attack range, MF took all but a pubic hair of health from me in one attack and I still have starting health.

I got the sword by shooting the tail, kinda annoying to do that to be honest but not as annoying as baiting it to get off the castle/fort and onto the bridge.
From what I've heard, that sword is kind of a noob trap. Better to use one of the other weapons, so you can actually master the mechanics, because the advantage from the Drake Sword isn't going to last long, and then you'll be screwed.

Birb. Two cultists went down easy enough, got Reaper off to bring my HP back up a little, but man his attack goes too high. Needed more shield... Or to not have the artifact that limited me to six cards per turn.
Yeah, the trick to birb is not to use Powers until his second form. Curiosity is very tough to deal with if you're power-heavy.

So apparently the new Final Fantasy game with the Fuck Chaos dude is having performance issues. It is reaching Yandere Simulator levels of assets having way too many polygons than what they should. A simple bat enemy has three times as many polygons as Kiryu Kazuma from Yakuza-Zero.

https://wccftech.com/stranger-of-paradise-final-fantasy-origin-performance-unoptimized-models/amp/
Oh. I thought the demo was laggy because it was a demo, not because they were idiots.

At this point, I expect every Nomura lead FF game to be poorly optimized. Seeing how it apparently happened with FF15 as well.

Make a pretty game. But it runs like shit.

Tried killing the hydra, no dice as I needed to Rusted Ring to move in the water, so I went and killed the Butterfly to get the Divine Ember. Mostly cleaned out the Undead Asylum, the Dark Knight's giving me too much trouble to kill him atm. Killed the Stray Demon, kinda cheesed it but it took about an hour so...

I need to figure out which weapon I want as divine and find the other Embers and mats. Might try to kill the hydra again, but I think I'll head to the Depths tomorrow unless I need certain equipment to safely move around down there.

I need to figure out which weapon I want as divine and find the other Embers and mats. Might try to kill the hydra again, but I think I'll head to the Depths tomorrow unless I need certain equipment to safely move around down there.
As I said, barely anyone actually crafts divine weapons. You can find a unique one by exploring the path behind the Black Knight that you fought in Darkroot. There's a tunnel with a bonfire (use it!), an elevator, and then a new area.

There are a few sequence breaks in the Depths, but you do not want to take them immediately. The boss arena is set up in a way that allows a ranged miniboss to shoot down at you from an upper balcony, so you want to find and kill that fucker (along the main path) first. E: I'm not telling you about every one of the game's pranks, but that's an especially mean one that deserves to be spoiled.

yeah, Drake-town. That's why I want to get the Ember for Lightning equipment.
Divine and Lightning damage are two different kinds. The canyon has three items of note:

1. On the bridge - just do a suicide run.
2. Across the bridge - either challenge 5 drakes in a row or come back later.
3. On the same side as the elevator - run as fast as you can and the drakes will give up before they can touch you. Bring 150+ arrows to make later trips safer.

So there is no special Ember for applying Lightning to weapons? Because I meant that I was hoping to get the Lightning Ember as soon as I could.
Lightning damage only comes from a few specific spells (you already made it to the shrine that the Hellkite was guarding, so the next step is to put down a white soapstone and do some co-op) and Gold Pine Resin (can purchase up to 8 and farm them from an enemy that you can theoretically access but it's a pain to reach early).

E: I only looked at a list of embers and forgot that you could forge Lightning directly later on, probably because I never bothered. Gold Pine Resin is much more convenient.

Last edited:
So there is no special Ember for applying Lightning to weapons? Because I meant that I was hoping to get the Lightning Ember as soon as I could.
There's a lightning enhancement, yes. Doesn't require a new ember though, you just have to find the big(ger) blacksmith and have a +10 weapon already. Takes Titanite chunks.

You can find him after ringing both bells and passing the gauntlets to get into Anor Londo proper.

Generally better to have a plain physical weapon and rely on pine resins once you have a steady supply, though I can fully understand wanting to have.a permanent damage source of the type :).

Last edited:
Well, if anything, maybe max0r can laugh at it and parody it like he did 15 once it's the full release.
He's able to make parodies of good games
It is reaching Yandere Simulator levels of assets having way too many polygons than what they should. A simple bat enemy has three times as many polygons as Kiryu Kazuma from Yakuza-Zero.
Iirc that is one of the big reasons FFXIV originally did so poorly. Way too much graphical detail that was required for everything

Iirc that is one of the big reasons FFXIV originally did so poorly. Way too much graphical detail that was required for everything
I think you mean FF15 instead of FF14. But yes, FF15 was more of a cinematic movie that sometimes lets you press buttons than a game. To the point that I think most of the development time was spent on crystal particle effects

I think you mean FF15 instead of FF14. But yes, FF15 was more of a cinematic movie that sometimes lets you press buttons than a game. To the point that I think most of the development time was spent on crystal particle effects
We have very different memories of FFXV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back