• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

I forgot FF16 was a thing.

We are probably going to get news on it sometime later this year. Something tells me that the Fuck-Chaos game was just a tech demo and they are working out kinks in whatever engine they are using.

Pre-Weekend Dark Souls update: Kill the Butchers, the Large Undead Rat, Invader Kirk and the Fugly Gaping Dragon. Then I lost all my souls to Blighttown.

I'm probably spend the weekend farming Blooming Purple Moss, souls, Titanite and maybe some dragon scales just so I can get the Drake Sword to +5 before it's useless.

Then I lost all my souls to Blighttown.
There's going to be a lot of that. Just be glad the remaster fixed the frame rate issues. Platforming while dealing with poison and the enemies is bad enough with the game dropping down to 8 frames per second. You are also going to need a copious amount of purple moss. There's nothing there but poison and despair.

There's going to be a lot of that. Just be glad the remaster fixed the frame rate issues. Platforming while dealing with poison and the enemies is bad enough with the game dropping down to 8 frames per second. You are also going to need a copious amount of purple moss. There's nothing there but poison and despair.
I'm considering going down there with the Spider Shield and Gargoyle Tail Axe, for maximum poison resist.

Purple Moss is the other thing I'm planing to farm, but it also drops from the Ents so my efficiency is kinda high on consumable farming actually.

It's almost like there's a blight down there. x3

By the by, how good is the Black Knight Halberd?

By the by, how good is the Black Knight Halberd?
Black Knight weapons are universally good, as long as they fit your play style and stats, and have an unlisted bonus against demons as well.

Give it a few swings while you're farming moss, if you can get used to the swing times and range you'll find it useful. Don't forget to try two handing it too.

Personally I did a little ultility leveling and raised my magic stats enough to be able to use the anti-poison/toxin spell even though I wasn't a caster. Having 5 poison/toxin recoveries that recharge for free at every bonfire was well worth the soul investment to me.

IIRC, having the slowfall spell was as side effect of that because it has slightly lower stats needed than the not-esuna.

Personally I did a little ultility leveling and raised my magic stats enough to be able to use the anti-poison/toxin spell even though I wasn't a caster. Having 5 poison/toxin recoveries that recharge for free at every bonfire was well worth the soul investment to me.

IIRC, having the slowfall spell was as side effect of that because it has slightly lower stats needed than the not-esuna.
Gives you silent steps and doesn't eat a ring slot too!
Being silent is pretty useful in particular areas as well.

Man. I'm still enjoying my playthrough of Dot Hack G.U. Vol. 1, but the arena cutscenes really break my immersion. I maxed out my level before I even started the arena plotline, so none of my opponents pose much of a threat. Despite that, the game really wants Haseo (the MC) to be struggling with his battles, so even though I literally got the former champion Alkaid down to 1 HP (she can't go below 1 HP) in one or two hits, and her response that I couldn't resist only did about 20-30 damage (I have something like 1500 HP), followed by a cutscene where it showed Haseo being forced to use his Avatar (a special power that only a few players have) to defeat her because she was too strong. Like... the level limit is 50 for this game. You guys couldn't have just made her level 80, or something? Skip the battle and just make the whole arena match a cutscene?

Satisfactory... is about as fun as I thought it would be. It's going to drive me to distraction until I dream of conveyor belts, just like Factorio did, I think.

Still slowly working my way through. I don't build the most efficient factories, at least at first- once I get all the milestones done I think I'm going to tear down my original ironworks around the hub and rebuild one designed with the other two items off the last (?) Elevator Tier at the best speed. Just pulled the circuit board recipe that lets you use Silicate instead of plastic, which is a godsend for trying to build computers- just have to build a conveyor from the quartz deposit to my refinery area so I can start making them at a good speed.

I do have a few amusing stories to share, though.

So, I went looking for oil, traipsing through the jungle... not doing that bullshit again if I can help it. No Jetpack or Gas Mask at the time either. Skyways all the way, we're gonna Minecraft this shit. Which is really amusing when you look down off one of the big formations and see the kinda bullshit you'd have to go through to get there on foot.

So, went all the way through the jungle and around the area with giant mushrooms and land coral(?) and after many trials, found the oil... about a hundred feet below me. Trying to get a better look, I managed to slip off the edge.

"Welp, I'm dead."

"Wait, no, 1HP left!"

*POFF!*

"Fuckin' snake-dogs." *ded*

Now if only it'd give me a second body slot so I can wear the jetpack and gas mask at the same time...

There'll be a lot of things I'm gonna do differently on a second game- probably hit the Ocean map- but this first run has been pretty fun so far. Still need to build a train, but that'll probably be for fun since I already have everything on extremely long conveyors and pipelines. Almost have fuel power available, so I'll change my plastic/rubber refineries to fuel and make another pair for making plastic/rubber from residue instead of frantically stuffing the excess fuel into the Awesome Sink.

Also wish I'd found some Caterium earlier... v1 Power Poles suck.

If I found Dark Souls too tedious, but am in the mood to try a Souls game again, would either Elden Ring or Sekiro be a good idea?

Do you like parrying? As in really, really like it? The Sekiro is the game for you. If not then go Elden Ring.
Parrying and shielding was my least favorite part of Dark Souls. I'd ideally want to play one that plays more like Kingdom Hearts or Dead Cells: Lots of dodging, some last-minute parrying. I don't know if that exists, though.

Parrying and shielding was my least favorite part of Dark Souls. I'd ideally want to play one that plays more like Kingdom Hearts or Dead Cells: Lots of dodging, some last-minute parrying. I don't know if that exists, though.
Yeah, you won't like Sekiro then. It's pretty much "Parry: The Game" imo.

Yeah, Bloodborne is the closest you'll get to that in a Souls game since it's built around speed and the rally mechanic. After that, Dark Souls 3 and Elden Ring are the closest. They're pretty fast and you can play them without shields. DS3 has less variety for shieldless play. You either go for a strength build and always 2-hand your weapon, have magic in your off hand, or use some of the few dual weapons in the game. Outside of a few specific weapons left hand move sets aren't all that great. In Elden Ring they brought back powerstancing, making it easier to go for a dual weapon build.

Speaking of Bloodborne, I'm having a blast with my new playthrough. 5 hours in, and I've beaten Paarl after Amelia. I've decided to go with a Skill build this time around, cause viscerals are too satisfying and transform attacks too useful.

Any recommendations for skill based weapons? The saw spear is serving me well, and the blades of mercy look interesting (if a bit too short-ranged).

Any recommendations for skill based weapons? The saw spear is serving me well, and the blades of mercy look interesting (if a bit too short-ranged).
I know it's kind of hard to get, but the Rakuyo is one of my favorite Skill weapons in the game. If not than than the Reiterpallasch or Beasthunter Saif are good substitutes.

If I found Dark Souls too tedious, but am in the mood to try a Souls game again, would either Elden Ring or Sekiro be a good idea?
Try Code Vein. A Soulslike that actually has coherent story and characters you can actually care about and get invested in. It's also chuuni AF. The combat is a bit faster paced and it is a lot easier to swap your builds to find something that works for you.

Monster Hunter World.
Want to Dark Souls? Sword and shield/Lance.
Want to Bloodborne? Switch axe/Charge blade.
Want to fuck everything's shit up? Hammer.

The actual fight gameplay is pretty similar, only you're only ever fighting the cool monster boss fights and it even has two flavours of poison swamp.
Bonus: no dogs. :D

Drakengard 3 is surprisingly good when emulated get rid a lot of its issues if you configure it right. Which is weird cuz D3 was at the end of the PS3's life so youd think theyd have this shit figured out already

Try Code Vein. A Soulslike that actually has coherent story and characters you can actually care about and get invested in. It's also chuuni AF. The combat is a bit faster paced and it is a lot easier to swap your builds to find something that works for you.
I forgot about Code Vein. I second this. It's the souls experience but anime. It's also one of the more competent Souls-likes. One of the few non-Metroidvania styled Souls-likes that actually knows what people like about the games. It's also anime as hell, as usual for BamCo's brand of "Let's try our hand at this other IP". I haven't played it since around release so I don't know if they fixed any of the major issues, but there were a few glitches in the dungeons and DLC that would lock you out of completing them. Not the whole game, just that particular DLC or dungeon.

Last edited:
Dark Souls update: Killed the Hydra, much easier when I found out the 'secret' safe spot in the lunge attack. Killed the gold crystal golem and freed Dusk.

'Found' Havel and died to him a lot. What should I be learning?

Stopped playing because of him and the monster cat.

Restarted Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition after half a year or so of not playing, I wasn't even half way through the first arc (I looked at the header for a walkthrough to see) so I'm not really missing out but I am going to have to grind back up to my former levels once I get everyone back.

Pumped up Azure Edge up to the the first 'Power Bonus' threshold for the fight with Zagi, really don't see why his name is a spoiler since you learn it so quickly. Regardless, I complicated the 'Secret Mission' for the extra drop with some difficult.

I got a little lost in the castle looking for Goddess statue but the sewer was the harder area in terms of fights, though I did turn on Hard Mode after getting Est for extra Grade so that may have something to do with it. At the fort and got the Battle Book before ending for the night.

Some of the skits are honestly funny and all of them are good.

Anyone know how to get rid of the 'New' thing on items? It's kind of annoying. Also, how do I look at the Wonder Book?

Edit: A-paw-logies, not entirely awake yet.

Last edited:
'Found' Havel and died to him a lot. What should I be learning?
How to fish for backstabs mostly. Havel is a beast and no one really expects you to take him down your first playthrough until you've started working on getting Lord Souls at least. So not until after you've finished Anor Londo. He is perfectly killable before then, just that even experienced players will just fish for backstabs because unless you're as bulky as he is you're not safe from potentially being one shotted. And even then it's not certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back