• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Was replaying Dishonored and I have to ask: does anyone else know of other games with a time-stop power? Seriously, I couldn't stop LARPing as Dio Brando after I unlocked the second upgrade for the Time Stop power. Shit is completely overpowered and makes the game so damn easy its crazy.
Baldur's Gate 2 has time stop spell. It is pretty useless as far as I can tell, but maybe somebody else has a different experience.

Some gameplay footage from the new armored core came out:

Good amount of vertical movement to it. Can certainly see some influence from Fromsoft's other games, will be interesting to see someone like Zulie going over the units in it for similarities.

Vaati got his hands on it too.

Seen a bunch of interesting games at the various summer games shows that replaced E3 lately. (Sony, Microsoft, PC game show, ect.)

Of particular note, this.

One of the top comments is 'A day in the life of an Umbrella Exec' which seems spot on.
Honestly, since the director turns into a monster and they seem to be a pharma company working on zombies, I kinda feel like it'd be more interesting if they really did have a cure upstairs for that worker who got bit.

Keep the ominous line and delivery about "There's a shot with your name on it waiting upstairs." and then the guy turns his back on the creepy director and you get a single scene where it looks like he's gonna do something... and then it just cuts to the guy sitting in a doctor's office with a bandage on his arm, getting jabbed with a needle.
Mess with the expectations a little.

Cos he looks kinda sketchy, and he turns into a monster which is a bit worrying, and he's the Director of a very dubious pharma corporation that works with the undead... so him actually being a decent dude who takes care of his employees would be a neat twist.
The last line about him not trusting his company's own products is a little sad too.

I just like the theme of "Yeah, we had a little outbreak but we're actually doing good work and our products are both safe and extremely useful."

Like Umbrella inventing the First Aid Spray to make canonical instant healing items.
Those things are functionally health-potions. Not just in game-mechanics, but in lore too.
You spray yourself with an Umbrella First Aid Spray and you pretty much just start regenerating. That's where all of Umbrella's legitimate money comes from.

I really dig the idea of taking that concept and expanding on it.
"Yeah, we're doing unethical-looking experiments on zombies and we might be harvesting their blood as a primary resource, but we can cure people who get bit, and we invented a drug that can grow back severed limbs."

Last edited:
Found out Ys X is gonna be a thing this year in September. I still need to play IX.

I don't like giving Adol control of a boat. It's not being used to shipwreck him somewhere again :V

Doesn't seem like they have the free vertical movement IX had but that's understandable given it's not one enclosed city this time around. I'm liking what I see of things here, the team/linked attacks are cute and that hoverboard is nice.

I don't like giving Adol control of a boat. It's not being used to shipwreck him somewhere again :V

Doesn't seem like they have the free vertical movement IX had but that's understandable given it's not one enclosed city this time around. I'm liking what I see of things here, the team/linked attacks are cute and that hoverboard is nice.
Yeah, it looks pretty cool so far. And hey for all he gets memed on, even in universe, for the shipwrecks he's probably the luckiest sailor who ever lived considering how many wrecks he's survived. As long as he doesn't sail into a colossal storm or a cursed sea or a kraken or a god's territor- okay yeah, he'll probably wreck at some point in the game. :V

... Don't play those games, but now we need the Musclebro Armclasp meme from Predator between this guy on boats and Joseph Joestar on planes.

Sure, the first time. But after half a dozen shipwrecks, you've gotta admit that it's more likely the only reason he's surviving is because if he dies there won't be any more shipwrecks.
It's crazy how the thing that (probably) finally gets Adol is the cold. After numerous shipwrecks to the point the Romuns think he might be the cause of them, dinosaurs, all sorts of monsters, Angels, and beings akin to gods, dude just disappears on a trip to the arctic.

I'm a little disappointed this game doesn't take place after 9, since that's the older we've ever seen Adol, but it's cool to see this takes place between 2 and 3 so we know they plan on doing games that connect the games more directly.

Just finished Ultrakill and it's great. I think that I still like Dusk a bit more though. Might try HROT next. Has anyone here played it? If so how does it compare to Dusk and Ultrakill?

At the risk of sounding like a shill, I feel like I should mention the existence of Battlebit Remastered, which released on steam last week. Basically, imagine if DICE pulled their heads out of their asses and instead of wasting time, money and effort chasing that magical unicorn of extra special graphics, instead made a Battlefield game that has limited, but still perfectly functional graphics, while focusing purely on adding in extra gameplay features. The result is a game that might look like it came out of Roblox, but also happens to boast 254 player server sizes, the ability to build fortifications a-la SQUAD, a level of environment destructibility roughly on-par with Bad Company 2, and a whole host of other minor improvements to the usual Battlefield formula on top of that, while still having low enough system requirements to run on any system more advanced than a potato. Straight up the best Battlefield game to come out in the last 13 years, and this game wasn't even made by DICE.

Trailer:

And some gameplay footage:

It's not perfect by any means. At a minimum, the requirements for unlocking different guns are pretty grind-y in my opinion, however, considering that this game was made by a dev studio that consists of a grand total of four people, and the game only costs 15 dollars, I think I can forgive a few of the other more minor gripes. Especially since the only bit of DLC that's present is only a collection of cosmetics that only exist as an extra way of supporting the devs. Whatever can be said about the game, it's most certainly not P2W by any means.

Also, the game has Rush mode after Battlefield 5 and Battlefield 2042 got rid of that particular game mode. That alone makes it worth the cost of admission in my eyes. :p

Makes you wonder where all that AAA money is going. :V
I mean, you've already got your answer:
Basically, imagine if DICE pulled their heads out of their asses and instead of wasting time, money and effort chasing that magical unicorn of extra special graphics, instead made a Battlefield game that has limited, but still perfectly functional graphics, while focusing purely on adding in extra gameplay features.

I discovered something wonderful a few days ago.

Remember all those free flash games and animations from years past that are now basically unplayable?

https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/

Some madlads basically archived all of those and made a custom player / launcher. You can now play over 150.000 games and 25.000 animations from ancient internet history. Even some really niche stuff I was sure I'd never get to see again.

Doesn't include any paid content, so it's not piracy, and no otherwise dubiously legal stuff. But still, loads of good old games.

So Steam has a Tomb Raider sale is Rise and Shadow any good? I remember people say they weren't as good as the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back