• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Video Games General

Assuming I used the Smithing - Enchanting Loop in Skyrim, how badly would I be screwing myself in terms of enemy leveling?

Not planning to do in my current playthrough, but for my next one.

At the risk of sounding like a shill, I feel like I should mention the existence of Battlebit Remastered, which released on steam last week. Basically, imagine if DICE pulled their heads out of their asses and instead of wasting time, money and effort chasing that magical unicorn of extra special graphics, instead made a Battlefield game that has limited, but still perfectly functional graphics, while focusing purely on adding in extra gameplay features. The result is a game that might look like it came out of Roblox, but also happens to boast 254 player server sizes, the ability to build fortifications a-la SQUAD, a level of environment destructibility roughly on-par with Bad Company 2, and a whole host of other minor improvements to the usual Battlefield formula on top of that, while still having low enough system requirements to run on any system more advanced than a potato. Straight up the best Battlefield game to come out in the last 13 years, and this game wasn't even made by DICE.

It's not perfect by any means. At a minimum, the requirements for unlocking different guns are pretty grind-y in my opinion, however, considering that this game was made by a dev studio that consists of a grand total of four people, and the game only costs 15 dollars, I think I can forgive a few of the other more minor gripes. Especially since the only bit of DLC that's present is only a collection of cosmetics that only exist as an extra way of supporting the devs. Whatever can be said about the game, it's most certainly not P2W by any means.

Also, the game has Rush mode after Battlefield 5 and Battlefield 2042 got rid of that particular game mode. That alone makes it worth the cost of admission in my eyes. :p
It reminds me of a modern Ace of Spades, at least the original Ace of Spade before it turned into a class-based shooter with a dozen game modes.
Was always fun to jump into a server that hadn't been reset in a couple of days to see the absolute mess the map had become when two teams of 32 players had been making, destroying, and rebuilding trench and bunker networks.

Played through A Fisherman's Tale. Not a bad little puzzle game. Pretty interesting mechanic of interacting with tiny and huge versions of the world at the same time.

Also fucking terrifying at a point or two.

Assuming I used the Smithing - Enchanting Loop in Skyrim, how badly would I be screwing myself in terms of enemy leveling?

It is the easiest vanilla solution to enemy level scaling. Granted, it takes quite some time to implement and you will suffer from excess of enemy levels in the meantime.

Eh, been a day.

Beat Ys IX. It's not as good as VIII but it's a solid game. It does have the problem of environments being very gray, though there are some areas that break that up. It makes the cast stand out a bit more I guess.

The story's pretty interesting with the downside that this is one of two Ys games I've played that you couldn't just pick up and play because it's reliant on knowing a fair bit of the series for context. The other is II which is a direct continuation of I.

Special shoutout to Raging Bull for laughing at the very idea of enemy resistances with her stupid high strength and wide range spin to win move. :V

Eh, been a day.

Beat Ys IX. It's not as good as VIII but it's a solid game. It does have the problem of environments being very gray, though there are some areas that break that up. It makes the cast stand out a bit more I guess.

The story's pretty interesting with the downside that this is one of two Ys games I've played that you couldn't just pick up and play because it's reliant on knowing a fair bit of the series for context. The other is II which is a direct continuation of I.

Special shoutout to Raging Bull for laughing at the very idea of enemy resistances with her stupid high strength and wide range spin to win move. :V
The only Ys game I had played prior to IX was VIII and a little bit of Memories of Celceta. Its still an enjoyable game without all the context, though I do admit knowing about the references to the other games but not quite understanding them made me want to finish the others more than I already did.

latest
No idea if that picture actually worked but, yeah she's pretty nice. Very sweet, hardworking, girl next door type who can also absolutely throw hands.

A cheeky strat is just to not actually ever level up. If you stay at level one forever with level 1 billion gear you'll obliterate them all no problem. Or you can simply stay at whatever level you want while you grind the combat skills.

Playing Ys 4 and I can't get over how much Duran is just Dogi in a wig. Having the sidekick for this one be the Dogi at home version of Dogi was just such an odd decision. I know Dogi's busy fixing up his hometown but, come on with this guy.

Have Hilarity.

The Korean Rating Board was Brought Down Because of Blue Archive

Now keep in mind, this is only from one source. So I will wait for more news and update it later. However, it seems because there was a petition signed for unfair rating for Blue Archive in Korea, the Government took notice. And they found out that the Rating Board pulled a Rio and embezzled money for bitcoin farming.
Blue Archive really just triggered end of Korean Games Rating and Administration Commitee, the Government Senctioned Korean Rating Boards, who have been revealed to basically not been doing their job. BA Go!

The sign post for BA age 19 restriction disagreement lead to a discovery of corruption, ignorance of duty, and embezzlement at the Korean Games Ratings Board which is a government-sanctioned organization.

It uses tax payer money and it turns out they were using their free time to mine bitcoin, and research into Pay to Earn shit. While treating gamers literally as criminals. And failing to catch the actual gambling games that they were made for to begin with.

And to get the Korean Ratings Board into even more shit, imagine the reaction if it turns out some of the PtE and crypto bullshit they spent their embezzled money on was among those hit by North Korea's hacking arm.

Corruption and embezzlement is one thing. Finding out that their scam may have indirectly financed the Kim regime, who South Korea is still technically at war with? Those bastards are going to make it only ten steps before they are torn to shreds by the public.

And to get the Korean Ratings Board into even more shit, imagine the reaction if it turns out some of the PtE and crypto bullshit they spent their embezzled money on was among those hit by North Korea's hacking arm.

Corruption and embezzlement is one thing. Finding out that their scam may have indirectly financed the Kim regime, who South Korea is still technically at war with? Those bastards are going to make it only ten steps before they are torn to shreds by the public.
Eh, wouldn't even be the weirdest thing that's happened to the Sorks. Finding out that their president was actually a cultist is probably the weirdest and worst thing that's happened to them courtesy of their government.

Do you think I would know any better? I'm not korean.
Just asking if you know.

I dug a bit and checked reactions with google translate. Wasn't too many though. What I can get exactly was something about wasted money and the contempt for said agency acting like civil servants when they were caught in a corruption scheme.

Picked up a new VR bundle off Humble. First game I put in: Dragon Fist. It's VR Kung Fu.

Or, on easy mode, arm flailing simulator, more or less :p

It's good exercise though. Watch out for the fuckers that pull out weapons in the middle of the fight, because they will. One pulled out some claws, while another pulled out some kind of spinning flying disc- with homing, some fucking how. Chased me around the arena.

The Shaolin monks were easy though- because for some reason they keep leading with their heads. Probably more dangerous in real life, I guess? But they come in low and their bald domes are just right there, so I just poke them in the eye. It's very hard to hit a specific target on an enemy, but as long as you hit them hard enough it's usually good.

And fuck the drunken boxing guy. That was annoying to fight.

Going to start Live A Live after, any tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back