• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Starring (part 21)
11th October 1999
08:02 GMT

Well… That's… Completely terrifying.

At Secondary School we didn't have separate biology, physics and chemistry G.C.S.E.s. Instead, we had something called Science Double Award G.C.S.E. which compressed the three down into two. I'm not sure what the difference would have been, but… Physics wasn't my best subject. So much of what is supposedly true about the nature of spacetime just sounds so ridiculous…

And that's a black hole.

I've read Stargate Command's records on the incident, and… And honestly, it made me want to go and live in a universe with sensible physical laws. But between Am-heh's ancestor's understanding of real physics and my own desire for the stupid suck-hole to leave me alone-.

"-od we can still-."

The man I believe to be Major Boyd jerks around, taking in his still-stationary comrades and.. the man hanging in the air next to them, and then looking up at me.

"Are you..? Am I dead?"

"No."

"Oh fuck."

"You're not really my type, but get a few drinks in me and who knows where the evening might take us?"

He stares at me.

"What?"

"Better. Now, my name is Lord Mammon. I am currently Stargate Command's leading supplier of naquada and I'm here to… Ah, let's be generous and say 'rescue' you."

He considers that. Then he looks up at the black hole in the sky behind us. "How?"

"Gravity shielding. Technically, any species with artificial gravity technology could do this, I'm just better at it."

He nods distractedly. "My team?"

"I thought that briefing the team leader first would be the thing to do. My plan is to take the five of you back to my homeworld while your superiors arrange the novel plant varieties that I want to trade you for, then send you on your way."

"And which of us is getting a snake in our head?"

"As long as the snake is a consenting adult, I'd frankly rather not know. Are you coming, or do you want to stay-" I point my right thumb at the black hole. "-here?"

11th October 1999
12:37 GMT

I sit up in my lounger and take a long sip through my banana milkshake's straw. Oh, Neper grows a sort of plantain-marrow thing on Cannett, but it's not the same. And then I lean back as the ring continues to scan right through that cloaking field the nox have around their flying city. No weapons worth anything, but their anti-gravity system is jolly interesting and cloaking something with that sort of power output is no mean feat.

"Hello?"

I tilt my head-. Ah, one of the local hippies. A young male.

"Good morning." I grip my milkshake and shake it at him. "Want one?"

He gives me the mildest frown imaginable. "I was wondering… Do you know why I can't feel you?"

"Because you're not touching me?"

"No. It's like… You have no life force at all?"

"Is that some sort of… Extra sensory perception thing? Because I'm wearing a force field, so it might be blocking it."

I could scan him. The nox are supposed to have some sort of innate biological ability to heal others. If I could create a cell suspension that duplicated it, we could do away with the sarcophagus. Or I could give a mindless clone to Bastet…

No, too much risk. I'll just be happy with what I'm getting.

"Huh. Yes."

"I mean, I'm not an expert on your abilities-."

"I would like one."

"Rightoh." I focus on my desire to give the young hippy who's probably never known another way of life at least one benefit of consumer society and a new milkshake appears in the air before him. "Enjoy."

He takes the glass in both hands and takes a sip. Then he pulls a face.

"I don't like it. Is there milk in it? I'm not a baby."

"It's a milkshake; it's mostly milk. You don't like it, don't drink it."

He drops it, spilling it on the ground, and then looks around. "Are you hunting? That doesn't usually work very well."

"No. Not hunting. It doesn't usually work very well."

"Then what are you here for?"

I shrug. "Got any good fruit?"

12th October 1999
16:52 GMT

The stargate closes and those naughty robots of Altair finally stroll through. Stargate Command's reports say that they buried the gate, so I decided to borrow Lord Bastet's calculation system and locate this planet manually. Of course, they haven't buried the gate, and Harlan is awkwardly heading for the gate to welcome them back.

Stealth drones built with a combination of goa'uld and nox technology have scoured the facility and the land outside. Their shielding protects them from the intense radiation and acid rain, and I've already identified dozens of sites of interest. I'm not really sure who used to live here, but a cursory examination suggests that their technology was at least equal to that of the goa'uld.

Messing up your world this badly takes effort.

I could break into the facility with force, or hack into the entrance computers, but I think something a little less confrontational would be better.

Plug that drone into the exterior communication system…

Transmit.

"Hello Altair base. Please respond."

The ring shows me the team looking around, and then looking at Harlan's retreating back. He leads them into some sort of command centre-.

"Comtrya?"

"Comtrya to you, too. My name is Mammon, and I'm a merchant. I have a proposition for you and your colleagues. Might I have your permission to enter your home and discuss it?"

O'Neil 2 nudges Harlan aside. "And what happens if we say 'no'?"

"Then I salvage the surface on my own and then leave you to it. Some jolly interesting stuff up here. I.. think that's a space ship. Oh, I've also got a better battery system, stargate network map, goa'uld scientific and technical tools and farm fresh produce, and… I also acquired a full record of every episode of The Simpsons?"

O'Neil looks around, getting nods from his team and a confused shrug from Harlan.

"Alright. We'll meet you by the main door."

"I will see you shortly."

Last edited:
I find this much more interesting then the half assed attempt to play at being a snake.

So busy trying to play moral arguments when it would have been much more interesting to fuck with them about keeping the Stargate secret from 99.99% of people on this planet. That thanks to them playing stupid games like that or being too cowardly to admit that they don't want to tell the rest of the world they got the entire planet into a war of annihilation with an empire spanning a good chunk of the galaxy.
How we could complete fuck your planet over just by landing on the front door of the UN with a selective story, or too be more ruthless it would be child's play to put a cloaked, or hidden naquadah/potassium bomb inside every major government on the planet and thanks to their secrets there is NOTHING they could do to stop him, or any snake.

That should say 'it'.
Did you mean "naughty".
Thank you, corrected.
I find this much more interesting then the half assed attempt to play at being a snake.

So busy trying to play moral arguments when it would have been much more interesting to fuck with them about keeping the Stargate secret from 99.99% of people on this planet. That thanks to them playing stupid games like that or being too cowardly to admit that they don't want to tell the rest of the world they got the entire planet into a war of annihilation with an empire spanning a good chunk of the galaxy.
How we could complete fuck your planet over just by landing on the front door of the UN with a selective story, or too be more ruthless it would be child's play to put a cloaked, or hidden naquadah/potassium bomb inside every major government on the planet and thanks to their secrets there is NOTHING they could do to stop him, or any snake.
His nuclear option is to land a tel'tak on the White House lawn, but it doesn't serve his interests to do that at the moment.

"Then I salvage the surface on my own and then leave you to it. Some jolly interesting stuff up here. I.. think that's a space ship. Oh, I've also got a better battery system, stargate network map, goa'uld scientific and technical tools and farm fresh produce, and… I also acquired a full record of every episode of The Simpsons?"

O'Neil looks around, getting nods from his team and a confused shrug from Harlan.

"I will see your shortly."
Well... it looks like The Simpsons did it.

11th October 1999

Well… That's… Completely terrifying.

At Secondary School we didn't have separate biology, physics and chemistry G.C.S.E.s. Instead, we had something called Science Double Award G.C.S.E. which compressed the three down into two. I'm not sure what the difference would have been, but… Physics wasn't my best subject. So much of what is supposedly true about the nature of spacetime just sounds so ridiculous…
And to be honest, we still don't know that much about the universe. We're frogs peering out of our little hole at the greater universe, and making guesses about what's going on. Maybe someday, our theories will be proven or disproven, and new ones worked out...

And that's a black hole.

I've read Stargate Command's records on the incident, and… And honestly, it made me want to go and live in a universe with sensible physical laws. But between Am-heh's ancestor's understanding of real physics and my own desire for the stupid suck-hole to leave me alone-.
Reading the episode summary... That is not how black holes work, as far as we know. Granted, we're trying to look at something we can only see by how they distort light around them, so... Until we can get safely closer to one, no-one can be sure.

"-od we can still-."

The man I believe to be Major Boyd jerks around, taking in his still-stationary comrades and.. the man hanging in the air next to them, and then looking up at me.
I'm guessing trapped in the time-dilation edge of the gravity-well has left them alive, but effectively frozen in time. Honestly, they're lucky to not be pulverised smears falling into infinity by this stage...

"Are you..? Am I dead?"

"No."

"Oh fuck."
Ah, reacting to what he knew of the 'bad guy aliens' from his briefing before this whole thing. 'Glowing eyes and echoey voice? You're in trouble.' probably sums it up.

"You're not really my type, but get a few drinks in me and who knows where the evening might take us?"

He stares at me.
Because Paulmon is probably still working with a functional libido and bisexual leanings, eh? :p

"What?"

"Better. Now, my name is Lord Mammon. I am currently Stargate Command's leading supplier of naquada and I'm here to… Ah, let's be generous and say 'rescue' you."
Which might seem like a fate worse than death to the colonel based on what he knows. But in this position... Can he really say no?

He considers that. Then he looks up at the black hole in the sky behind us. "How?"

"Gravity shielding. Technically, any species with artificial gravity technology could do this, I'm just better at it."
The fact that the Power Ring can let him give physics the middle finger if he wants it enough helps, but he's not going to say that, is he?

He nods distractedly. "My team?"

"I thought that briefing the team leader first would be the thing to do. My plan is to take the four of you back to my homeworld while your superiors arrange the novel plant varieties that I want to trade you for, then send you on your way."
Presumably Paulmon can casually collect all the surviving team members, regardless of where they ended up. Including SG-10, who were still on the planet when it was abandoned (and rescued years later.)

"And which of us is getting a snake in our head?"

"As long as the snake is a consenting adult, I'd frankly rather not know. Are you coming, or do you want to stay-" I point my right thumb at the black hole. "-here?"
Yeah, I don't see him refusing that offer.

11th October 1999
12:37 GMT

I sit up in my lounger and take a long sip through my banana milkshake's straw. Oh, Neper grows a sort of plantain-marrow thing on Cannett, but it's not the same. And then I lean back as the ring continues to scan right through that cloaking field the nox have around their flying city. No weapons worth anything, but their anti-gravity system is jolly interesting and cloaking something with that sort of power output is no mean feat.
Probably different due to potassium levels. As for the Nox... Well, that's an interesting subspecies... :confused:

"Hello?"

I tilt my head-. Ah, one of the local hippies. A young male.
To be fair, 'young' could cover quite a span of a five-hundred-year lifespan...

"Good morning." I grip my milkshake and shake it at him. "Want one?"

He gives me the mildest frown imaginable. "I was wondering… Do you know why I can't feel you?"
While I'm tempted to repeat the line about 'buying a drink', I'm guessing that applies to their enhanced near-psychic perception. And an environment field probably makes Paulmon seem like a glass statue to his senses.

"Because you're not touching me?"

"No. It's like… You have no life force at all?"
Oh, yeah, the 'soulless' issue. Paulmon probably doesn't even know that's a problem, does he?

"Is that some sort of… Extra sensory perception thing? Because I'm wearing a force field, so it might be blocking it."

I could scan him. The nox are supposed to gave some sort of innate biological ability to heal others. If I could create a cell suspension that duplicated it, we could do away with the sarcophagus. Or I could give a mindless clone to Bastet…
Though he'd probably feel the scan and find it a little rude. Not that he'd stop you.

No, too much risk. I'll just be happy with what I'm getting.

"Huh. Yes."
...And what are you after from them, then?

"I mean, I'm not an expert on your abilities-."

"I would like one."
Oh, right, you did offer a drink. :p

"Rightoh." I focus on my desire to give the young hippy who's probably never known another way of life at least one benefit of consumer society and a new milkshake appears in the air before him. "Enjoy."

He takes the glass in both hands and takes a sip. Then he pulls a face.
Yes, Banana flavour is an acquired taste. Though it's not really that bad, is it?

"I don't like it. Is there milk in it? I'm not a baby."

"It's a milkshake; it's mostly milk. You don't like it, don't drink it."
Fun fact, mammals are not normally designed to drink milk after infancy, with humans being a rather variable example. The phenotypes that are lactase-persistent basically developed it as an aspect of culture. Most Europeans, for example. Let's just hope this guy isn't lactose intolerant. That might be awkward to explain.

He drops is, spilling it on the ground, and then looks around. "Are you hunting? That doesn't usually work very well."

"No. Not hunting. It doesn't usually work very well."
Not given their innate defences.

"Then what are you here for?"

I shrug. "Got any good fruit?"
Yeah, they should be talented at adjusting the genetics of plants and animals, given their powers... Could custom-tune hardy variants of desired crops for Paulmon, perhaps.

12th October 1999
16:52 GMT

The stargate closes and those naught robots of Altair stroll finally stroll through. Stargate command's reports say that they buried the gate, so I decided to borrow Lord Bastet's calculation system and locate this planet manually. Of course, they haven't buried the gate, and Harlan is awkwardly heading for the gate to welcome them back.
An interesting case of incredibly life-like artificial humanoids. As for the gate, presumably it was fitted with an Iris much like Earth's gate.

Stealth drones built with a combination of goa'uld and nox technology have scoured the facility and the land outside. Their shielding protects them from the intense radiation and acid rain, and I've already identified dozens of sites of interest. I'm not really sure who used to live here, but a cursory examination suggests that their technology was at least equal to that of the goa'uld.

Messing up your world this badly takes effort.
Not much is known about said human variant. beyond the fact they were advanced enough to digitise their minds for storage via non-destructive means. Other than that, the RPG has mention of a colony, presumably of a handful who left...

I could break into the facility with force, or hack into the entrance computers, but I think something a little less confrontational would be better.

Plug that drone into the exterior communication system…
I rather suspect their reaction to you popping up inside would be much like the originals': open fire.

Transmit.

"Hello Altair base. Please respond."
A call like that might be a bit of a surprise. I bet the locals weren't expecting company.

The ring shows me the team looking around, and then looking at Harlan's retreating back. He leads them into some sort of command centre-.

"Comtrya?"
Hmm... A local greeting that the Ring didn't translate? Interesting.

"Comtrya to you, too. My name is Mammon, and I'm a merchant. I have a proposition for you and your colleagues. Might I have your permission to enter your home and discuss it?"

O'Neil 2 nudges Harlan aside. "And what happens if we say 'no'?"
Hopefully this O'Neill is more friendly than his original.

To be fair, O'Neill does like the Simpsons, and may well have been lamenting that they couldn't get new episodes out here. :D

"I will see your shortly."
Heh. Presumably a little fatalistic recognition that anyone who could find them probably wouldn't need to ask to enter. But if he's being polite... Then so will they.

Man, feels like Paulmon is speedrunning a clean-up of some of the first few season's loose ends. Wonder what other oddities he can find in the SGC's mission logs... Certainly, a few of those situations could probably have been checked on at some point (and a handful were.) Still, SG-1 isn't really the sort of team that tends to get sent on routine missions like that...

Last edited:
Thank you, corrected.

His nuclear option is to land a tel'tak on the White House lawn, but it doesn't serve his interests to do that at the moment.

Not saying he should, I'm saying he could point that kind of thing out and fuck with them on every possible level. Keeping that shit secret from the public for over a decade was the stupidest, laziest shit that always annoyed me.

Too bad that Paul isn't a fan of B5 because he could try to pull a page out of the Centaury book combined with that. just show up in public and start telling his version of the story without mentioning any government version. Basically forcing the SGC to either reveal themselves or let his story stand. And even if the SGC people get their story out, there are a lot of contrarians that would not believe it.

"I thought that briefing the team leader first would be the thing to do. My plan is to take the four of you back to my homeworld while your superiors arrange the novel plant varieties that I want to trade you for, then send you on your way."

Shouldn't it be the five of them? SG-10 Jessica, Jonathan, Watts and Henry plus the colonel stuck in mid air? Frank Cromwell

"I will see you shortly."

And isn't this going to be interesting, they are android clones of SG-1 so their reaction to Mammon is going to be interesting and their inherited conflicting loyalties to the US and the Jaffa and their nature as android copies... Well it's going to be interesting.

Not saying he should, I'm saying he could point that kind of thing out and fuck with them on every possible level. Keeping that shit secret from the public for over a decade was the stupidest, laziest shit that always annoyed me.

The US should have brought aboard more parts of their own government structure and then its closer NATO allies, then given a heads up to other non allied governments specially Russia, China and India. The black ops tech harvest should have become a side objective the moment they got the goa'uld pissed at them.

Theoretically, what would happen if he did do this?
Uh...

The NID would probably try taking a lead on relations with him immediately, and try blaming the Air Force for everything that's gone wrong. Given how angry America and Not America would be, the President might go along with that to scapegoat them. Hammond and someone on the Joint Chiefs would probably be encouraged to retire, and O'Neill and anyone else of colonel rank directly involved might be as well. I don't think there'd be a world war, but the NID wouldn't share the gate which is just about the only thing that could defuse tension. The SI could offer to trade with other nations which might... I don't remember whether the Russian stargate program is running yet, and the SI would probably share that if it is. Not sure what the religious turmoil would be like. That one goa'uld who was running a cult on Earth would probably get picked up early...

I don't think that the NID would be quite as bad as it was in canon because they'd have to operate with a degree of openness and at the behest of a nation not prepared to put up with more government bullshit about the the ALIEN EMPIRE THEY WERE SECRETLY FIGHTING, with actual State Department people handling international relations.

For the SI's point of view it slightly expands his pool of recruits while making relations more complicated.
Too bad that Paul isn't a fan of B5 because he could try to pull a page out of the Centaury book combined with that. just show up in public and start telling his version of the story without mentioning any government version. Basically forcing the SGC to either reveal themselves or let his story stand. And even if the SGC people get their story out, there are a lot of contrarians that would not believe it.
Not a f-? Do you know how many B5 CCG decks I have in the cupboard next to me?

The Damned has the aliens land on the New York Times and Izvetzia (probably misspelled) offices to announce their presence. Bypassing governments is a good idea IF you've got the time to handle the extra work.
Wonder how that team dealt with learning that their lives were traded for a banana?
Ok for many bananas but nonetheless.
More corn, wheat and potatoes than bananas, but them as well.
Interesting that he is still soulless by local standards. No hope of ascension then.
He is wearing a force field.
Shouldn't it be the five of them? SG-10 Jessica, Jonathan, Watts and Henry plus the colonel stuck in mid air? Frank Cromwell
Yes. Originally I forgot that he would be there, then went back and added him in... And forgot to change the number.

Oh, yeah, the 'soulless' issue. Paulmon probably doesn't even know that's a problem, does he?

Other Paul's usually encountered that problem when magic was very effective against them, and there isn't really magic in Stargate.

Fun fact, mammals are not normally designed to drink milk after infancy, with humans being a rather variable example

And given the Nox's culture it's possible that they're completely vegan, so they may not eat any products derived from animals, like milk.

11th October 1999
I have trouble parsing what this chapter was about.

I remember the black hole episode and assume Mammon read through the mission logs and then saved them for leverage.

But I have no idea what the Nox or Altair are about or why Mammon is visiting them.

Edit: Chojin Patriarch's reaction post answered all of my questions. Thanks Chojin Patriarch!

Last edited:
Are you going to add more Transformers parts to this chapter or is it concluded for now?

One tech question Mr Zoat. How the heck is he visiting 3 different planets in a single 24 hours? Was he able to use the Stargate to all of them, with a ship? Even the black hole one? Because it sounds like he has a ship.... wait. He has a ring, didn't need a ship. :oops:

Neophite ring FTL is fairly fast, but not go to the other side of the galaxy in a single day fast... Thankfully this Paul has more than 14 years of experience using his ring. He probably doesn't have much combat experience, but has trained hard on everything else.

Paul has made a couple Babylon 5 references, but it's been during his space adventures and I think once when talking about his game.
There was also him teaching the B5 CCG to the Circle while looking into Diana's origins and they couldn't really turn him down since it was like the closest thing they'd gotten to a change of literature since being imprisoned.

Thank you, corrected.
No I don't, how many ?
Non-Aligned Drakh
Non-Aligned Diplomacy
Non-Aligned Pak'ma'ra
Non-Aligned Ambassadors

Human Diplomacy
Human Shadow Diplomacy
Human Psi Corps
Human B5 Military
Human Military

Minbari Rangers Intrigue
Minbari Drakh
Minbari Diplomacy
Minbari VIP Diplomacy
Minbari Military

Narn Military
Narn Diplomacy

Centauri Intrigue
Centauri Shadow Intrigue
Centauri Refa is Jesus
Centauri B5 Diplomacy
Centauri Shadow Military
I was saying that because I have never seen any glimpse or thought of him in there. Or maybe I forgot, my memory is horrible at the best of times.
He played it with the circle.
Are you going to add more Transformers parts to this chapter or is it concluded for now?
Anything else would be starting a new 'story' for them, so that's probably it for now.
One tech question Mr Zoat. How the heck is he visiting 3 different planets in a single 24 hours? Was he able to use the Stargate to all of them, with a ship? Even the black hole one? Because it sounds like he has a ship.... wait. He has a ring, didn't need a ship. :oops:
Gate to the closest world, fly by ring from there.

He played it with the circle

The Circle for those who don't remember were a group of Amazons that tried to kill baby Diana because they thought she was some kind of monster because Apollo is horrible at the God of Prophecy thing.

And if I remember correctly it was mentioned that Saul, the Indigo Lantern Paul, played the game with several prostitutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back