• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF Move To-Do List

Hmmm... Isn't there a way to have the recent post links bring to the post in question instead of the first post of the thread every time, like it was before we went XF?

Try a different theme. It does all of that correctly, at least for Dark Responsive.

It's been exchanged because it will take a while for the DNS servers to successfully connect the new server with the URL address. Once that gets fixed in a day or so, we will have everything where it should be. Same thing happened to SV the day or so after it was set up, I believe IIRC.
Ah, thank you.
EDIT: Nope, not working for me.

Hmmm... Isn't there a way to have the recent post links bring to the post in question instead of the first post of the thread every time, like it was before we went XF?
Right here:
kbc5wSY.png

Ah, thank you.
EDIT: Nope, not working for me.
What browser are you using? Works fine for me.
nCAqIKc.png

Did we actually move twice? I mean the URL worked well for Xenforo initially.
Moved once to Xenforo from SMF, but once it became apparent how badly the old host plan was, steps were taken to move the board to a VPS solution which is dedicated for us exclusively. This mitigates lag.

Would it be troublesome to ask for something can handle table tags to be put in place? I used them fairly often to make Quest info look neat and readable on the old forum, but they don't seem to be available just now.

For example:

TestTags
GoHere

See?

If you hover over them, there should be an X button in the upper right of the message.
It seems to only show up in some themes though, didn't really pay much attention since I was looking through them to see which one was closest to old QQ but a new message or someone who hasn't dismissed them yet can check it easily enough.

EDIT: Wait, just realized I can enable them again. Will test it myself.

EDIT2: Hydrogen is the one not working, funny considering it is the default style.

It seems to only show up in some themes though, didn't really pay much attention since I was looking through them to see which one was closest to old QQ but a new message or someone who hasn't dismissed them yet can check it easily enough.

EDIT: Wait, just realized I can enable them again. Will test it myself.

EDIT2: Hydrogen is the one not working, funny considering it is the default style.
Yeah, that was driving me crazy right after the switch. I only noticed the button to close them out after I switched themes, but I thought I had just been unobservant before. Thanks for the confirmation, and yeah, that needs to change.

So is there a way to make the boxes for the avatar pics/names a little bigger? I'm going to guess not since it seems to be a part of the theme rather than something else, oh well.

I'm seeing sprinkled through some imported posts and signatures, including some on this page.

It'd be neat if that turned into a space.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seeing sprinkled through some imported posts and signatures, including some on this page.

It'd be neat if that turned into a space.
Its been addressed, and must fall on the hands of posters. The amount needed to do it by elgee is too much. We're sorry for this inconvenience~.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's the possibility that, over the next few days, we can run a script over messages to fix some of the easier incompatibilities. Also, potentially, to get redirecting to work so that old links will resolve properly.

This is contingent, and may not actually work. But we're trying.

I'd very much prefer not having a serif default font. I'm not sure why all the styles seem to use it.

And yes, all my formatting is broken: I've historically made heavy use of the [table], [hr], and [nobbc] tags, and none of those work. Even many of my [quote] tags are broken. (In fact, my [hr] tags specifically have been completely stripped.)

EDIT: Also, when I edited this post in the Rich Text Editor, the zero-width italic tags I dropped into the tag names above (to prevent them from being read as actual tags) were deleted.

(Why was there a push to move to Xenforo, anyway? It looks like a very high-maintenance setup, and we don't have a dedicated techie like Xon to handle issues like this.)

Last edited:
(Why was there a push to move to Xenforo, anyway? It looks like a very high-maintenance setup, and we don't have a dedicated techie like Xon to handle issues like this.)
It's not that high maintenance once you have everything out of the way, which only takes a little while, and the only reason its taking as long as it does is because the SMF importer is not very good. Once we get the kinks worked out, everything will be fine.

As for why we moved to it? It can be literally summed up as 'I decided that SMF sucks ass, I asked elgee to see if people would want this, thus offered some money to make it happen if they did. People voted yes on the poll so donations were collected and here we are.'

Last edited:
Will you be placing a link to the chat somewhere (eventually)?

Edit: I see that it`s SUPPOSED to be on the top of the page... but I don`t see it?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back