• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Yoh Asakura Quest (Shaman King)

He could also be referring to either how Chocolate uses Mic to increase his own physical abilities by synchronizing with him while he uses the oversoul or how Pascal Avaf not for a combat skill but to let him run at super speed and on air as a support skill. Obviously the mirror wouldn't allow those ones, but it would make sense for it to give him support abilities such as divination or illusion canceling (abilities of mirrors in japan) or whatever the spirit is instead of a weapon and attack powers.

I didn't too, Yoh isn't enough cute to have fluffy tails.
Btw, I'm just waiting for the meeting between Anna and the spirit in the mirror :p

Am I? Maybe~

Besides don't tell me you haven't thought of Yoh with Fluffy Tails appearing once you saw that Mirror.

Never went through my mind.

I didn't too, Yoh isn't enough cute to have fluffy tails.
Btw, I'm just waiting for the meeting between Anna and the spirit in the mirror :p

I agree, if the mirror spirit is really who we are suggested to be, it's going to be quite a cat fight. In one corner, an Itoko. In another. a fragment of a divine spirit.

Never went through my mind.

I agree, if the mirror spirit is really who we are suggested to be, it's going to be quite a cat fight. In one corner, an Itoko. In another. a fragment of a divine spirit.

The result: they get married.

Also, I did the math, and even if we got one hundred for furyoku and
and rolled for 12 months of training, it would likely take at least five years of training, assuming we only spend one action on it, before we could make an oversoul for the Yata, let alone use it's full potential.

Ah, so you're going with the Tamamo being an aspect of Amaterasu in this quest?

[X] Check out the Yata no Kagami. Success Chance: 70%.
[X] Train Furyoku Levels
[X] Train in Ascetism
Votes: 8

[X] Train Art
[X] Train in Onmyoudou
Votes: 1

[X] Train Art.
[X] Train in General Shamanism.
Votes: 1

Yata, Furyoku, and Ascetism.

Roll 1d100 for the Yata. 1d100+13 for the Furyoku. Then 1d100+23 for the Ascetism.

Rolling for Furyoku
[dice]2338[/dice]

There isn't the roll for the number of times for furyoku?

And I don't think I'll be rolling for a while after that. At least I avoided crit failing though, I can only imagine that would be noticeably worse.

Oh for God's sake. I'm totally swearing like no tomorrow

Yeah, the dice didn't do so great this time around. Really wish we could have switched the 2 and the 60 though, then we would have actually done good on the Ascetism training, and made the 80 we needed.

for the uninitiated, what exactly IS Ascetism in the context of Shaman king by the way?

for the uninitiated, what exactly IS Ascetism in the context of Shaman king by the way?
Ascetism describes a lifestyle characterized by abstinence from worldly pleasures, often for the purpose of pursuing spiritual goals.

In Shaman King an Ascetic would often go on a pilgrimage, climbing mountains and such in search for spiritual enlightenment. Oh the many types of Shaman's they are amongst the most natural physically fit and powerful.

Ascetism describes a lifestyle characterized by abstinence from worldly pleasures, often for the purpose of pursuing spiritual goals.

In Shaman King an Ascetic would often go on a pilgrimage, climbing mountains and such in search for spiritual enlightenment. Oh the many types of Shaman's they are amongst the most natural physically fit and powerful.

Honestly, that sounds kind of boring Character-wise, where would be the fun in playing Yoh if he didn't indulge in anything fun?

Ascetism is pretty cool in Shaman King, you can use it for god class spirit.

Honestly, that sounds kind of boring Character-wise, where would be the fun in playing Yoh if he didn't indulge in anything fun?
I was just giving the general definition. Mikihisa was certainly a fun loving kind of guy and enjoyed music and such.

I was just giving the general definition. Mikihisa was certainly a fun loving kind of guy and enjoyed music and such.
Ah so it's not exactly what i thought then, ah well if we can't learn it then maybe we should go for Onmyoudou and Kannushi.
Onmyoudou to help connect with Hao and allow us to do a lot of..interesting things and Kannushi for dealing with the mirror and Amaterasu/Tamamo.

Burning just out of Curiosity is the formula for Furyoku gains Roll x Wisdom x Age?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back