• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

You Won A Town. They LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: You Won A Town. BATTLE FOR GLORY

With Damien

The Rath is pretty much near death. It's body isn't functioning anymore. You fried the signals in it's brain with the last few attacks.

You Get
500 Cash
5% more progress on Thunderclap
Rath Scales
Rath Teeth
Rath Claws
Rath Eyes

With Hensworth and Adam

"The broodmother? She's an ugly beast. Rather large bug. And from what I can see from that wound on your arm you've met some of her children. Any other info I don't really know. I know we've had the forges lost for a long time. The was a Calamity that happened. We lost many of our own. There isn't many of us left."

With Brad

Brad is being stupid right now but I can't stop that. However I can punish it. The storm starts to worsen with howling winds and drowning rain. Lightning is striking madly in the area.

Conditions have worsened.

With Adeline.

"No no no. No more singular lessons. I don't feel like explaining all of the magic stuff five times. Find the others and I'll teach you a bit. I could teach you how to make an actual flamethrower. I have a book around here somewhere."

Courier minion comes back with a Piece of paper.

Hello there. Ms. Adeline I believe? I don't know what you are asking me for but you do know your minion can't speak right? And you didn't give it a note or anything so I gave it one.

Last edited by a moderator:

"Oh for goodness sakes..." Adeline takes out pencil and notebook.

*Dear Mr. Shopkeeper. Enclosed is 150G for the purchase of a gas mask. I request for future noteless transactions that you keep a whiteboard for the minion to draw the requested object as catering to the mute is important. Sincerely, Miss Adeline Masters.*

Adeline sends Minion off, then returns to the librarian.

"Personally I don't care if the others are off having adventures. Your statement betrays that one lesson has taken place; you can either teach a separate class for the slow learners or assist me in building a flamethrower, but either way you are teaching me how to make fire."

"Alright then, fair enough. I think we can help you out, though I ain't gonna go puttin words in my companion's mouth." Adam says sincerely. Then, he turns to Hensworth and taps the man on the shoulder. "Now I don't know bout you, but I'm thinking just we two ain't up to taking on all those beetles. If that there broodmother critter has been in there for half so long as I'm reckonin' it's been in there then we'd only get swarmed in no time flat." At this point, Adam pulls out his watch and checks the time. "What I'm thinkin' is we gather up the rest of the group and get what medical supplies we can afore we head in there. Food chains ain't been much of a fascination for me but I know you can't have just one critter in it or else the whole thing falls apart. So I know there's not gonna be just those beetles. Best to be prepared. That is, if we're helping him. You up for it?"

"My arm?..." Hensworth glances at the pincer marks on his arm. "Oh, you mean those beetles are that 'Broodmother's' children? Well then that's another reason to go after her." He punched his palm with a grin and turns to Adam. "Boy, I couldn't agree with you more! Let's round up the others! Then we'll take this son... er, daughter, of a gun down. Beat the chitin outta her." He turned back to Uthane. "Oh, sir. We're heading back to our town. Perhaps you've heard of it and the 'corruption' that scared everyone away. We're rebuilding it and I'm pretty sure you're welcome there until we get this malarkey with your forges fixed." He lightly elbows Adam. "Right?"

"Most definitely. As the saying goes, our house is your house, and you and yours are welcome there any time. Still a bit of a mess but I'm sure we'll have it up to snuff in no time flat." Adam states cheerfully, nodding his head.

Ech. It's lookin pretty bad out. Brad looks at his watch and tries to check the time, or see if there's a small compass. In doing so, Brad accidentally activates the recall feature, and warps back to town. He shrugs it off and goes back to the library to talk to Thoth.

With Hensworth and Adam

You have gained a Temporary follower. Mostly cause he's bored. He'll be wandering around town or bunking in a restored building. Depends on the time really.

With Brad

You've returned back into Town. Good.

Wait.

Didn't you say you were going to bring the others back first?

"My erstwhile pupil has returned? And he didn't bring back anyone. Well it's time for a punishment game then."

Chains begin to launch at you.

"You wanted a chain to learn by fighting. Go ahead."

With Adeline.

"You wanted to learn magic? Fine. You can join the punishment game. Rule one, No Fire."

And now he has your pan. Maybe you should watch out a bit more.

"Jesus dude!" Brad ducks and weaves as he casts Tailwind on himself. "I just came back to tell you that I found my minion spell and used it!" Brad Gales away some chains with the smaller arc technique he used before. "I never found anyone to fucking tell! So I came back here to ask if anyone had come by you jackass!"

Adam sniffs the air a bit before looking at the sky and ground. Bending down, he rubs a bit of dirt and rock between his fingers and takes note of how the air seems to feel. Then, small smile dawning on his face, Mori turns to Hensworth and states, calmly and surely, a very simple thing. "Well then, let's go see if we can't round up some folks. But first I gotta check on those minions of mine and make sure they ain't broke nothing nor fixed nothing what didn't need it." Adam then takes off in search of his erstwhile minions, wondering just what they've been up to in his absence.

======================

They've been busy. They've been incredibly busy. They've taken numerous breaks and found numerous ramshackle buildings that they have fixed to the best of their abilities. They were working on one and, in fact, Bris was about to break through a wall with a gusto when He showed up again. Aider immediately handed over the paper with their names on it to Recher, pushing the searching one towards their creator. Recher, in his excitement, trips and falls and stumbles, but never stops for even a second on the way to Adam, handing him the paper urgently.
"What's this here ya got for me? Your names?" They all gathered around him as quick as they could, save Bris who was struggling slightly under the weight of the makeshift tools that Parer had crafted for him. "Let's see then... So, which one a yas is Aider?"

And they beamed as they fully introduced themselves to their creator, basking in the joy of his pride at their work.

Adeline looks at the pan in Librarian's hands. She then notices it gone on her person. Combined with his statement she is dumbfounded.

"Learn how to cast fire by banning fire? You are either a deaf man deaf or a loon one. As mayor, you WILL return my weapon to me at once."

Hensworth grins. "Alright, boy. Let's get this done! We're gonna bust up a Broodmother." He glances over at Alpha, who is sort of sulking on his shoulder. "Good idea. I think Alpha here's homesick. Poor guy looks sad." Hensworth breaks off into a slow jog after Adam, easily matching his pace.

Alpha sulks. Not because he's homesick, Alpha's not sure he even has a home. He sulks because he didn't get to talk with them. Zwei and Secretat. They were there and suddenly not. He didn't even have a chance to get too good of a look at him. He perks up at hearing the other man mention the word minions. He has minions too? Maybe.... maybe he could communicate with them? He had learned to words. No. That wasn't the right word. He had learned to... to speak. Kind of. It didn't sound like words, but maybe they would understand? Alpha hoped so. He wanted to see more of them.

------------

The town. Hensworth let out a quiet whistle. The place certainly had changed, although it was just a subtle one. Things looked tided up. Like someone had spent a lot of time doing nothing but cleaning. And someone had. Or rather, some things. Hensworth stood behind Adam as he reunited with his minions. "Ah, that's a sight ain't it, Alpha? Alpha?" He glanced over at his shoulder. The minion wasn't there. He caught a flash of blue and noticed the minion scampering towards the other minions. "Hey! Be careful!"

Alpha scurries up, stopping just behind Adam's leg. There they were. Minions. He peered out cautiously from behind his hiding place, claws carefully resting on Adam's thigh. He looked up, slowly releasing the man from his light grip. Almost as if he was asking if it was okay.

Adam looks down and notices Alpha looking up at him, and smiles. "Wanna talk to 'em? I'm sure they won't mi-"

He doesn't get a chance to finish talking as Recher immediately runs up to Alpha and starts looking at him, eventually running laps around him and Adam both before finally tripping and colliding with Netto, who was advancing with caution towards the newcomer. The two then wind up in a small and somewhat confused pile before Bris and Parer haul the two bodily up and back on their feet, Bris gently patting the dust off of Recher and Parer straightening Netto's pose as Aider makes his way calmly to Alpha, looking at him quizically before finally extending a hand to the watery fellow.

Alpha burbles something at Adam, possibly a thanks, before taking a step towards Aider. He glances down at the hand extended in front of him. Much different from his sharp ice claws. He slowly lifts up his arm, placing his claw against the earthy minion's palm. He instinctively shakes it, before dropping his arm to his side. This was... strange. These seemed a lot more... what's the word? Relaxed. They seemed more relaxed that the other ones he had seen before. He took a half step forward, tentatively poking Aider in the chest with his claw. He finally manages to build his courage up, gurgling a greeting.

Walking back into Mysthome proper, pair of minions trailing behind him laden down with the harvest from the Rath, Damien absentmindedly makes his way back towards the apartments, thoroughly engaged in floating a chunk of iron between his hands and making it move to his will. Results are...varied. To say the least. He seems happy that his foot's stopped throbbing at least though.

Slipping into the apartment, his attention is drawn to a nearby building by the sound of shouting and...chains? Quickly making his way up to the apartment and dropping off his bounty, the sole remaining unnamed minion showing off its solution to the newt with obvious pride. Impressed by the effective improvisation, Damien eyes the obvious use of the remaining TV parts, taking in the full changes to number three.

The notably extended arms and legs have added nearly a foot to its overall height, and brought it a near perfect human proportion ratio...save for the TV it has formed as its head constantly broadcasting a face. Hands have become more defined and articulated, looking like a pair of metal gloves, its feet simplified into a single lump and reshaped to what he can only think of as a rocket boot. The two and a half foot robot is grinning up at him, and in between flickers, he can see his own grin on his reflection.

"Tesla. Only fitting such a inventive mind should have a equally inventive namesake. You, Van, and Wedge, come with me. Vari, Biggs, I want you two to make sure someone has started transporting the metals we found." Exiting the dwelling, the strange quartet heads off to the still noisy building, subtly making their way in to see just what is going on. Seeing two of the people from earlier darting around being chased by a chain while a distinguished man looks on with ill hidden amusement, Damien calmly walks up next to man and watches as the chain nearly snaps up the male before darting towards the girl.

Several minutes pass before he turns to the gentleman. "So. What's going on here?"

With Brad and Adeline.

"Oh well. I blame her she's not good for my temper apparently."

Adeline is currently in a Chain Cocoon because she didn't dodge.

"It's practice dodging for you anyways. Keep it up for long enough and I'll teach you something useful."

There is no deception in his words. If you can manage to stay away from the chains for long enough you can learn something potentially useful.

With Damien.

"Hello there. You must be Damien. I'm slightly busy with my lesson. If Hensworth and Adam get here I'll teach you some magic Theory and maybe some other useful things."

He offers you a chair and some tea.

With Hensworth and Adam.

They reached the town. That's good. Now where do they want to go?

Library
Store
Other Store
Gym
Write in?

Aider looks back at his fellow minions, pondering the poke to the chest. When he sees the somewhat sheepish and equally ponderous looks, Aider turns back and lightly pokes Alpha in the chest as well. And then, for the first time, Aider tries to speak. It starts as a very gritty, dry sound that eventually becomes the unmistakable sound of sliding gravel. "H... H... Hello." Aider rumbles, geniuine surprise seeming to resonate through every motion. Smiling at the scene, Adam chuckles a little. "I'll leave yall to get acquainted with one another. Meanwhile, I'm off to the library to see what all that there ruckus is about."

And as he leaves, the other four minions approach Alpha, each of them doing different things according to their own mannerisms. Recher, quick as ever, attempting to get the watery one's attention and show him neat stuff he'd found, like this really shiny pebble and also the things they'd fixed the box of colored candlesticks he used for marker pieces. Bris, meanwhile, lumbers forward, clinking and janking under the weight of the makeshift tools, and merely holds a hand forward to be shook. Netto panics a bit and tries to back away only for Parer to calmly guide him forward to greet Alpha. Netto then nervously nods and shakes a bit while Parer tries his level best to smile like Adam does.
=============
Arriving at the library, Adam notes the chaos going on and shrugs, figuring it to be harmless enough. He then sits down in the nearest empty, non reserved chair and waits calmly and patiently.

Taking a seat and picking up his cup, Damien smiles and engages his host in conversation.

"Magic theory you say? Well, while I'm waiting, might I inquire as to any books or information you might have on combining magic and technology. Excellent blend by the way, where did you get it?"

Behind him the minion trio has found chairs and a table for themselves and are currently chattering away while drinking oil out of limbs morphed into tea cups.

Hensworth smiles. "Aww. Alpha, I'll leave you here. Play nice, alright? Go back to the apartment when you're done. Now... where to go?..." He wanders off, eventually arriving at the gym. "Ooh, goodness me. A gym? That's fantastic!" Hensworth pushes open the door to the gym, looking around. "Hello?"

Alpha feels the earthy hand poke into his chest. He guesses it's only fair. He hears the other minion, the one that poked him, word something. No, not word. Say. "Hh..." He tries to speak, the sound of boiling water escaping from him. "Hhhh... hiiii." His voice sounds like a kettle whistling. Alpha whistles out again. "Hhi." He then turns to the other minions, vying for his attention. He carefully touches the stone Recher holds out to him. With a tad more confidence, he extends his claw and shakes Bris' hand. Alpha attempts to calm down Netto, he looks nervous, by cautiously patting him on the head. He greets Parer with a gentle tap to the chest. It's strange being with these things. They're like him. And yet... not like him. But it's not bad. He feels like he fits in. And the ice on his face shifts into a crooked smile.

"ALRIGHT THEN! HAVE IT YOUR WAY!"

Using her thumb and wiggling her wrist, Adeline rotates her watch enough to press the emergency teleport button and escape the chain cocoon.

A few moments later a rather large rock is hurled through the window, smashing through the glass of tea. Adeline then jumps through the window with a bunch of rocks in her pockets, proceeding to dodge chains and hurl more stones at the caster.

"RETURN MY WEAPON TO ME OR GOD HELP ME... I WILL MOVE EVERY BAND WITHIN THE 3 PORTALS WITH THIS BUILDING AS THEIR CONCERT GROUND!"

"You little shit!" Brad screams, as he continues to Gale the chains out of his path. Noticing Adeline messing with Thoth, Brad smiles. Maybe she can take some of the heat off of him. He continues to duck and weave, using Tailwind as a boost. He Gales towards the ground as hard as he can, and flings himself over most of the chains towards Thoth. A few more dodges, and he's within striking range. He casts Gale once, twice, three times, and dashes away again before Thoth can react.

With Everyone now really.
Adam is currently sitting in a chair watching chaos unfold.

Damien has had a tea set full of hot tea nail him due to Brad's not paying attention to anything besides being an idiot.

Brad is dodging right now and knowing Damien he's about to be dodging punches as well.

Adeline well she is about to hit something much worse.

Be haunted by your guilt.

She's currently in a spell.

Hensworth is at a gym.

Yay. Sorry but I'm not in a writing more mood. ;p

Last edited by a moderator:

Clothes soaked, dripping constantly onto the floor, it takes a moment for Damiens brain to fully realize what has happened. Collapsing to the floor in pain, clutching at his eyes, his skin starts to redden, desperately trying to make the pain from the scalding liquid and the burns it caused subside, though no relief is found for several minutes.

As it finally ebbs enough for rational thought to return, Damiens thoughts turn to payback, and the best way to fulfill it. A quick, if slightly painful march up to Brad, he grabs him by the shoulders and drives his knee into his groin, following it up with a short sustained Shock.

Adeline stops , standing completely still and staring forward. After a few seconds she staggers back into a bookshelf, pupils dialating and a look of pure dread on her face. Very soon, a stream of tears follow suit.

She mumbles weakly for a bit, before shrieking and elbowing an angry Damien to the ground.

And then she comes to, realizing what she had done. With tears still dripping from her eyes, Adeline walked up to the Librarian. She swiped her pan back and gave him a look of pure disgust, saying nothing.

She left the library after that, and very likely never to return. Her direction; the forest portal. Courier would be instructed to meet her there.

Re: You Won A Town. Boring Quest for Masterblade.

"Fuck." Brad, seeing Damien run at him and the chains still flying, continues to dodge around, and makes a break for the exit as fast as he can. These people are insane on every level. He'd rather fight the werewolf thing than deal with these assholes. He bolts out the door, gives Thoth the 1 finger salute, and tries to make a break for the forest portal.

Adam notices Adeline rush by and looks at the chaos unfurling before him. Then, pushing the chair back calmly and grabbing the shovel, Adam walks after Adeline, trying to catch up to her as best he can.

=============

At around this point, the minions have gathered up some fragments of paper and such and begun to sound out the words with their new voices, Recher constantly darting back and forth to try and get Alpha's attention to new words, almost inevitably colliding with one of the others in the process until Bris, annoyed, grabs the active scout by the scruff of the neck and growls at him a bit.

Their voices fill the air, Bris's the sound of a rockslide as it recites the words off a beer advertisement poster. Netto's voice, a somewhat tinkly sound normally associated only with glass, bounces off walls as it attempts to read the manual for some anachronistic and old school medical device. Recher's voice isn't dissimilar to crockery breaking at high speeds, the sheer volume of words coming out of its mouth a blur of sound as it attempts to read as much of the dictionary as it can between immediately running to the others to show them the new words it was learning, joyful for the learning. Parer's voice is loudest however, being the sound of concrete being slapped into place, all while it reads up on some newspapers that had somehow failed to decay entirely away. And Aider finally finds what it was looking for. A book detailing leadership and tactics of all shapes and sizes.

Hensworth looks around the gym. "Huh... pretty nice looking place. Wonder if Adam's minions got up in here. Looks really good, actually..." He mumbles to himself, walking deeper into the building. "Hello? Anyone in here?"

Alpha, seeing all of the minions running around and speaking, realizes he can hear. He knows he could already hear, he had taken and followed orders after all, but now was the first time it surfaced in his conscious mind. He spoke again, listening to his voice. Instead of the high pitched whistling sound, his voice now sounded like the ocean, warbling and strong, yet serene. A calming voice. "Ww... words." He walks among the others, looking at their words and papers. He says the words with them, until he reaches Aider again. He stands for a moment, trying to find the word. "Book." There it was. He raised a claw and pointed. "Book."

Everyone Else.

And it is now night time. I'd recommend heading to bed right now. But if you want to try to visit the realms I won't stop you. Just be warned. Predators stalk at night.

Hensworth.

"No one is here. It's closing time. I've got to sleep. Come visit me first thing in the morning. We'll figure out whatever you need."

With Thoth.

"That's a strange reaction to a first level spell. Unless she's got some deep seated issues that she refuses to confront that she feels guilty for and just represses instead of dealing with it. Also breaking out of it isn't going to be good for her mind. Maybe I should do something. About it. Good news is I don't have to teach that one annoyance any magic."

Re: You Won A Town. Night falls. Do as you wish.

Aider and the other minions suddenly seem to stop with impromptu reading session, looking around worriedly. They are unused to this... Darkness. Looking at each other, they then turn as one to Aider, who looks off in the directions of the apartments. And he makes a decision. He turns to Alpha and speaks. "Need... Go now. Things... Out there. Not nice. Will follow?" He says, gesturing to the apartments with a stoney fist.

==============

Adam calmly shakes Adeline by the shoulder. "Miss. I don't mean to bother you, but it's late and I'm reckoning we should get back to the apartments if'n we don't want to deal with wild animals or worse."

Hensworth looks around for the voice. "Oh uh... alright. Yes sir. I'll make it a priority. See you tomorrow morning. Six on the dot." He leaves the gym, noticing the darkening sky. "Whup. Better get to bed. I know what they say about the early worm-bird." Hensworth heads back to his apartment room, whistling a quiet tune.

Alpha can only stare at the sky. It's... black? Why is it black? And there are... holes. Holes in the sky. Tiny holes that the bright ball still shines through. Alpha doesn't like it. He wants the ball back. Not just these tiny holes. He reaches up, finding he can't touch these holes in the sky. He turns to Aider. They seem... nervous. Alpha is just sad. What happened to the ball? The light ball? The sun. That's what the ball is called. The sun. He wants the sun back. "Yes." Alpha takes one last glance at the sky before following the earth minions back to the apartments.

Upon being shaken on the shoulder, Adeline falls to the ground crying, rolling into a little sadness ball.

Noooooooo

Stop that.

Come on, you're stronger than this...

Adeline stop it. What would Elrich say?

Nope that isn't making it any better. Someone better just fetch a blanket so she doesn't freeze to death in self pity.

Maybe one of her minions could give her a warmth hug or something. Iunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back